Welcome to the VTech Safe&Sound Digital Audio Monitor Review & Giveaway hosted by Everything Mommyhood & Fun With Four and sponsored by VTech!You might think I’m crazy sharing my excitement over monitors but these are not your ordinary baby monitors! The VTech Safe&Sound Digital Audio Monitor has given me freedom and has saved me from countless trips up and down the steps!
Let’s start off with the great features you’ll find that come with the VTech Safe&Sound Digital Audio Monitor:
- Secure Transmission – You can rest assured that any transmissions between the units are private and secure with a digitized and encrypted signal.
- Night Light – This is a feature I love! The loop on the baby unit lights up so it can double as a night light. Talk about dual purpose!
- Vibrating Alert – When you need a little peace and quiet, switch to the vibrating sound alert feature on the parent unit which silently alerts you to any sounds in baby’s room.
- Five Level Sound Indicator – Let the 5 visual sound alert LEDs indicate sound levels in baby’s room.
- DECT 6.0 Digital Technology - No more annoying white noise from analog monitors. DECT 6.0 Digital Technology provides you with clear transmissions so the only sounds you will hear are those from your baby.
- Talk Back Intercom System – Instead of countless trips in to check on baby or to comfort baby, you can now talk to them remotely from the parent unit to soothe them just as if you were in the same room.
Some other important features:
-Up to 1,000 feet of range
- Backlit display on parent unit
- Belt Clip
- 18 hours of battery life
- Rechargeable battery
Now let me tell you, I’ve never really had much use for a monitor when Olive was little other than needing it if we were outside. Her pack n play is set up in our room which is right off our living room so I haven’t seen the need for one. Now that she’s getting older and sleeping longer through the night, I’m trying to get her to sleep in her crib. Her room is on our 2nd floor so now I have the need for a good quality monitor. The ones I’ve used in the past have been terrible, to say the least. Between needing to be near an outlet, going through batteries like there’s no tomorrow, or listening to deafening white noise, the VTech Safe&Sound Digital Audio Monitors have been amazing.
I love the ability to keep the monitor in her room and I love the night light feature. It helps guide me if I have to venture up there in the middle of the night. The talk back feature is so extremely helpful and we all seem to utilize it in one way or another. Since all of my kids have bedrooms upstairs, it makes for a quick and easy way to alert them about dinner or chores. Oh and of course I can talk to Olive and reassure her that mommy is on her way up or try to calm her down without the need of making the trek up the steps.
The rechargeable battery and belt clip allow me a lot of freedom. I can easily clip the parent unit to my pants and mosey around doing chores all over the yard and house. I love that I don’t have to waste batteries anymore either!
With zero interference and white noise, my husband and I don’t mind having a monitor on our nightstand. I used to have to turn my old monitor way down but it still didn’t completely get rid of the white noise. With the VTech Safe&Sound Digital Audio Monitor, there is zero, and I mean zero, white noise. Plus, I greatly enjoy the ability to switch it over to the vibrate alert too.
So call me crazy but I am in love with these monitors. VTech has truly made an amazing piece of “must have” baby gear with their Safe&Sound Digital Audio Monitor. Perfect for a baby shower or first birthday gift!
NOW FOR THE GIVEAWAY!!!
VTech is generously giving one lucky reader a chance to win their own Safe&Sound Digital Audio Monitor (RV $39.95)!
US Residents 18 and up.
One entrant per household. Void where prohibited by law.
Winner will be chosen randomly via the Giveaway Tools entry form and will be emailed.
Winner will have 48 hours to claim prize before a new winner is chosen.
Giveaway ends 12/20/2013 at 11:59pm CST.