Recipe: Fat Free Pineapple Cake

I will be the first one to admit when I read something is fat-free, I think how disgusting it probably is…but OMG, I almost named the title of this post “Recipe: The Best F’ing Cake Ever.” This is by far the easiest thing to cook as well. My 2 year old did most of the work!

Ingredients:
Betty Crocker One Step Angel Food Cake Mix (make sure it’s the “add water only” mix)
20 oz Can of Crushed Pineapple
A Cute Little Helper (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
In a large bowl pour in the cake mix and the can of pineapple.
Stir together well, and watch out, it will triple in size so use a large bowl.
Pour into a 9 x13 pan. (I used 7×11 pan and 8 cupcakes)
Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
(My cupcakes took about 16 minutes and my cake took about 25 minutes)

I had a cupcake (ok two cupcakes) and I seriously almost fell on the floor. It was SOOO good!!! My husband had one and he asked me if there was marshmallow on top..he said they were so yummy and didn’t believe how low calorie they were.

Nutritional Info for 24 Servings:
69 Calories 18 Carbs 0 Fat 2 Protein 161 Sodium

Comments

1. Mmmm I’m totally trying this!

2. I tried this last night and it was a hit at work this morning too (had to bring in the rest to work so I didn’t eat the whole thing, lol). I love trying some of the recipes you post but this one was super easy too.

3. Lynda Thomas says:

Wow! I will definitely be trying this! My aunt loves pineapple upside down cake, but she’s also trying to be healthier, so I think I’ll pass this recipe along to her too. 🙂 Cute little helpers make cooking even better, don’t ya think? I’m so glad my son likes to help in the kitchen. 🙂

4. Ruth chu says:

love stuff easy and tasty things to do

5. marissa lee says:

this looks really easy to make…i’m always looking for something new to bake…

6. Christina Strapp says:

I love pineapple cake especially one that is fat free and one that only has 2 ingredients!! Will be pinning this to Pinterest to give it a try.

7. cheryl lister says:

Really want to try this! Can’t wait to see it triple in size, and of course, to taste the finished result. Easiest sounding cake recipe I’ve ever seen!

8. Erica Ardali says:

I am definitely going to make this as a special treat for my boys!

9. I’ve tried this and really liked it. Its yummy to add cool whip on top

10. Suz Saves says:

I am always looking for easy recipes and this one looks perfect! Just 2 ingredients and you have a nice treat! I like your pics too 🙂

11. This sounds fabulous! Have been looking for recipes to satisfy our sweet tooth while still watching what we eat. This one sounds like a winner!

12. Oh man….that looks good. I can’t believe that it’s fat free. I have to make this recipe.

13. Rebecca Parsons says:

I am still trying to figure out the two ingredient thing lol . These look totally amazing. Thanks for the easy dessert recipe!

14. This looks great! Can’t wait to try it!

15. Jessica Strudthoff says:

This sounds good and so easy. I might have to keep these two ingredients on hand for the random, “Would the Strudthoff’s like to come to dinner this evening?” invitations that leave me scratching my head for an easy but homemade dessert.

16. wow, I really want to try that.

17. This looks amazing & too easy! I’m definitely going to have to try it!

18. wow so easy..will be trying this.

19. Erin Knack says:

I love how all of your meals are so easy to make. This would be perfect for my 3 year old and I to do together. Thanks!

20. I definitely need to try this! My mom is on WW and I feel bad when we have parties and she can’t have any dessert because of her diet. The best part is, it’s perfect for my nephew to help me! Thank you!!

21. cheryla lister says:

I’m making about 8 or 9 dozen cupcakes for a Harvest party and am going to give this a try. Since the cupcakes need to be decorated, I’ll need to frost them. Maybe a cream cheese frosting?

22. I have heard about this recipe before and have never tried it but I am going to the store tomorrow and getting the ingredients for this cake. I LOVEEEEEE angel food cake.

23. this looks good

24. Tiffany F says:

This looks so delicious !!! I love pineapples and cake so putting them both together is genius 🙂 This is one of the things I would have to make and hide from my husband who would likely eat the whole cake..lol.

25. This looks yummy and easy, and definitely something I can attempt to make with my small budget! I can’t wait to get to the grocery store to get these two ingredients and make it this week!

26. I enjoy baking! I love new recipes. I gain weight just reading most..lol. When I come across a 2 ingredient recipe, ine must surly try. Not to mention sharing with my friends and double bonus a healthier alternitive. Pineapple upside down weight watcher edition. Thanks for this!!

27. Melody T. says:

You know, I’ve pinned this pineapple cake recipe but have never tried it! (Story of my life LOL) I think after reading your description of the flavor and seeing how easy it is that I will pick up ingredients the next time I grocery shop!

28. I’ve made this before too! And yes, it was super easy and super yummy, being that it’s only two ingredients. And we didn’t use any icing/cool whip either! Love the low-fat!

29. Sherry Compton says:

My husband loves pineapple desserts. This one is easy enough to make with simple ingredients. I don’t think I’ll tell him it’s fat free though.

30. This looks yummy and easy to make. 🙂

31. I think it sounds amazing! Will be sure and try this one soon.

32. Wow, that is amazingly easy, and fast. I love baking, but most of the stuff I make is not low fat (go figure), and takes a long time. And finding time to bake with an infant is not easy.

33. Linda Treadwell says:

I have these ingredients right now. I am going to make it tomorrow morning. I hope it tastes as good as your review. I’m excited for something new.

34. This sounds so yummy. I’m definitely giving this one a try here shortly (maybe thanksgiving?). It combines so many things I love – pineapples, cake (and not just any cake – ANGEL FOOD), little baking prep AND a cake that I can eat a ton of because it’s “healthy” 😉 Thanks so much for sharing. Ps. have you tried this with cranberries?

35. Wow! This will be great to make with my children! They’ll be excited to help and I’ll be happy that it’s good for them.

36. Made this on the weekend and it was a huge hit. Both my SIL are on weight watchers and dont usually eat cake so this was a nice treat for everyone that was over. And the best part was that the kids loved it too!

37. 69 calories? Wow, I’ll have five of ’em!

38. My family loves pineapple! What a great way to make so many delicious treats with so few calories. I can’t wait to bake with my son 🙂

39. Marcia Lee says:

I am so glad you showed this recipe as both a cake and cupcakes. I think I can eat less if I do the cupcakes. Thank you for the recipe.

40. Rebecca Parsons says:

I love the idea of these as cupcakes.

41. Two ingredients? That’s my kind of cooking. I love pineapple cake so I will be trying this recipe. Thanks.

42. Lisa Kerr says:

I just love pineapple so much and I cant wait to try this recipe! It looks so delicious, I love all your recipes!

43. I havent had pineapple upside down cake in a long long time. This would be so good and easy to make too – also fat free at that . thanks for the recipe

44. Mary Mosier says:

Thanks for this. I am trying to lose weight, so every calorie counts, and this sounds Delish !

45. Jen Russell says:

What? This looks so easy! I keep telling myself to bake something with my toddler, but i never seem to slow life down and do it…to busy getting dinner ready and cleaning. These pics reminded me how much the kids enjoy that! Thanks 😉

46. Esther Hutson says:

I am so going to try this since I am trying to loose weight and love sweets!!!

47. Mary Mosier says:

omg made this cake today and it was AWESOME… thanks so much for this easy and great recipe 😀

48. I’ve actually made this recipe and you are so right; it is YUMMY! I don’t even miss the fat. I also use the tip of substituting applesauce for the oil required on cake mixes. It is super good with the yellow or spice cakes baked in a bundt pan and dusted with powdered sugar to look nice. (though it’s tasty without it too)

49. Katelyn Bell says:

I need to try these! I bet it would be good with some toasted coconut on top.k

50. Ashleigh S says:

I finally got around to making this and it was delicious! I love both ingredients separately, but together they were amazing! It didn’t last long though…….

51. Pineapple cake is one of my all time favorites. I like to make it in cupcake tins so none of it goes to waste.

52. That’s an easy recipe to make with kids! Thanks

53. Wow this looks yumm-o and I love Angel Food cake! Thanks for posting!!!

This is such an easy recipe and looks so good. It is hard to believe that it is 0 fat , but the sugar might be a problem for my husband who is diabetic. Nevertheless I could make it, enjoy some of it and give away the rest.

55. M.Clark says:

The cake and cup cakes look delicious, I can’t wait to try this. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

56. I love how simple this is. Thank you for sharing.

57. I need to try this one for the kids, they have never had it before so glad to see this

58. M.Clark says:

It’s great that this cake is fat free, I would eat it with a huge scoop of chocolate ice cream. Thank you for sharing this recipe.