Recipe: Fire Roasted Tomato & Veggie Sauce for Pasta

Tonight we had a really good dinner and I wanted to share since it was my first time making it.

Ingredients:
15 oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
2 zucchini
1 small onion
1 green bell pepper
garlic
italian seasoning
olive oil

Put a few tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and turn on medium heat.
Saute the zucchini, onion, green bell pepper with some Italian Seasoning and garlic.
I don’t know how much “spice” I put in as I don’t measure, do it to your liking.
Once the veggies are sauteed, pour in the tomatoes, juice and all. I let it cook for about 45 minutes on low, so all the flavors could hang out and get to know one another.

I cooked some Ronzoni Garden Delight Fettuccine, it’s a new pasta Spinach, Carrot, and Tomato flavored. I tossed all of it together and put a bit of Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes on mine, it was delicious! My husband and daughter loved this meal as did I.
It was also VERY low calorie! Yum!!

Comments

1. That sounds like a super yummy supper! Thanks for sharing. 🙂

2. md kennedy says:

So easy, especially on a hot day like today when I don’t want to be sitting over a stove watching my regular tomato sauce. Thanks!

3. cheryl lister says:

Sounds like a good way to use the zucchini that my friends give me this time of year.

4. Brittany F. says:

I’m always looking for new sauce recipes. Thanks!

5. Erin Knack says:

I am always looking for different sauces to put over pasta since my husband and kids love pasta. I love that this recipe has lots of veggies!

6. Michelle F. says:

Spunds good. Never used fire roasted tomatoes before.

7. This sounds delightful. I love vegetarian recipes.

8. M.Clark says:

Another great vegetarian dish. I love these meatless dishes, keep them coming. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

This sounds so good. We love a good spaghetti sauce. I will be making this soon. Thank you for sharing