Recipe: Low Calorie Pumpkin Muffins

I have been craving a “fall” dessert, but being on a low calorie diet I didn’t think it was possible. I did some googling and researching and found a recipe and adapted it a little bit. Here is what I came up with!! They were absolutely delicious!!! My husband couldn’t believe they were so low calorie.

Ingredients:
1 Spice Cake Box Mix
1 can of 15 oz Pumpkin (NOT pumpkin mix, but just pure pumpkin)
2/3 cup of water
1 medium egg
1 egg white

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all above ingredients together.
3. Divide into 24 muffin paper cups in a muffin tin.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes. (I did mine for 21 minutes)

I even figured out the nutritional information per muffin:
99 calories 19 carbs  2 fat 2 protein 1 fiber 146 sodium

Enjoy!!!!

Comments

1. cheryl lister says:

These are something I want to make – I have many cans of pumpkin from last year when they went super cheap on clearance. Even though it’s not yet fall, these would be a nice accompaniment to a summer salad.

2. Sherry Compton says:

Pumpkin…I can smell it in the air. Pumpkin flavored items are on the market again…it’s the season! I was just told about Caribou Coffee doing their season pumpkin latte and Einstein doing their Pumpkin bagel. Pumpkin is delicious and these look great. Bake up a batch and let your taste buds and nose enjoy.

3. Erin Knack says:

I see the words “low calorie” and “muffin” and I am all in! I love pumpkin! It is my favorite part of fall. I love the smell of it when you bake with it! This looks like a great recipe, thanks!

4. Michelle F. says:

Lovethat they are low calorie.

5. OOOH I love low calorie muffins and pumpkin is one my faves. Thank you.

6. Look so good and if I make this, even though they are muffins, I’d probably cheat and put a bit of cream cheese frosting on them. That would just make it perfect I think but I wouldn’t be able to say low calorie.

7. Deborah D says:

I am glad that these are simple to make. I think I have everything to make them. I will make them tomorrow.

I love that these are low calorie. I love pumpkin muffins. Thank you so much for sharing