Zucchini Fries: Low Calorie

I have been researching a lot of healthy recipes lately and I made these last night, and they were absolutely AMAZING.

Ingredients:
2 large zucchini or equivalent, cut into 3 inch fry size pieces
2 egg whites
salt and pepper
1 tsp. Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of Italian breadcrumbs, I used Kroger brand

Preheat oven to 375.
Mix together S&P, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan.
Coat zucchini pieces in egg whites then roll in breading mixture.
Place on non-stick cookie sheet and bake for approx. 20 minutes.

Salt a little bit when they come out of oven. That’s it!
My husband and I split all of this and it was only 120 calories each for a lot of fries!

Comments

1. md kennedy says:

These sound delicious and so easy! On the menu for this evening!

2. Sherry Compton says:

Always looking at interesting new ways to add veggies. We love fries so this would be good to try. The hardest part is just the cutting the zucchini. A great thing to try!

3. cheryl lister says:

Another great idea for the bounty of zucchini available right now. Hopefully I’ll be “gifted” a few more zucchinis soon.

4. Brittany F. says:

Can’t wait to try this one. I’m always on the lookout for healthy snacks.

5. Sherry Compton says:

A friend just gave me a couple squash and zucchini. Now, I’m ready to give this a try. My daughter often uses Fiber One cereal for breading. I think I will try that for extra crunch and fiber. Glad you and your husband enjoyed them.

6. Erin Knack says:

I tried a pinterest recipe of these and I was not a fan. There was something about the consistency of the fries that I didn’t like. Perhaps they were not thin enough. This recipe is a little different so maybe I will try it again. I really want to like them!

7. Michelle F. says:

love zucchini. never had them like this.

8. These sound so good, thank you for the recipe.

9. M.Clark says:

I really like french fries and these zucchini fries sound really delicious. It’s always great to find a recipe to make a healthier version of a dish that you love. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

These sound so good. Thank you for this great recipe

11. This has been a great way for me to get my grandchildren to eat more veggies. Great recipe. Thank you for sharing