Recipe: Easy and Cheap Apple Dip

The other day I bought a large bag of apple slices. I had a good coupon that actually made it cheaper than buying the apples whole. I was getting a little bored of eating them though, so I wanted a dip to eat them with. I like them with peanut butter, but I didn’t want that. I googled some recipes and came up with a version of one I found. It was super good and I will make it again!

Ingredients:
4 oz of cream cheese (I used 1/3 fat)
1/4 cup of brown sugar
and just a bit of vanilla extract

Mix it all up until combined and dip away!!

It tastes a bit like caramel, but sweet and tart at the same time!!! YUM!
Photobucket

Comments

1. Jewely Bug says:

Ooh, that sounds good! Thanks. 🙂

2. marissa lee says:

that sounds very good…thank you for sharing.

3. Amanda E. says:

This sounds delicious! I usually dip my apples in peanut butter, but this would be a yummy change 🙂 I pinned it, even though I had to use a different picture since there wasn’t one of the dup 🙂

4. This sounds really good. We love apples and this would make a great dip for them . Really so easy to make. I might even try it with pears. Thanks for the recipe

5. md kennedy says:

Great idea – you could even use Splenda brown sugar to lower the sugar content a bit a go to town all by yourself!

6. cheryl lister says:

I’m not a big apple fan, unless i have something yummy to dip them in. Love peanut butter, but this sounds good, too. In fact, it might even be good with a bit of pb mixed in!

7. Sherry Compton says:

My grandson would love this! He loves apple dippers, even requests them instead of fries at McDonalds. Easy to make and sounds like it tastes decadent. Yum!

8. This sounds really good. I would love to try it.

9. Sherry Compton says:

A sweet and tart mix sounds a lot like apples. They have their own crisp taste and this. “Caramel” dip would pair well. We use several dips for apples and this sounds like its super easy and worth it.

10. I so have to try this looks very easy to make and sounds yummy

11. This is going to be great for fall!

12. so easy and sounds really good.

13. Sherry Compton says:

A great recipe for fall. With apples in season, they are more reasonably priced and would be very fresh. I used to take my kids to the apple orchard in September to pick and bag apples when they were younger. This recipe brings back those good memories.

14. Rebecca Parsons says:

I am all for cheap and it sounds good too.

15. Sherry Compton says:

A friend has been making lots of things with apples they have…applesauce, apple butter…I will have to pass this on. This easy dip would be great with any leftover apples they have.

16. Erin Knack says:

This is so good. I make it for almost every event I have. It is delicious with any fruit, especially strawberries and grapes!

17. Samantha Powell says:

This sounds like it needs to be added to my appetizers for Thanksgiving! Thank you!

18. alycia mundall says:

Oh I like the sound of this better then the cream cheese and marshmallow dip…I always have brown sugar but never have the marshmallow stuff!

19. I like your recipe. This looks really good. My family would love it. Thank you for sharing.

20. Gale McCarron says:

Never had a dip for apples. This sounds delicious. Looking forward to trying it. Thanks!

21. Oh yum! Sounds like what my mom used to give us. Strawberries dipped in sour cream and brown sugar. I would have never been brave enough to try cream cheese til now! Thanks for sharing!

22. Allison H says:

I’ve recently discovered that I really love sweet cream cheese dips. Before, this Thanksgiving I couldn’t stand it at all. Now that I have a new ingredient to play with, I’ll be making this for sure. Thanks!

23. Christina Kelbel says:

Yummy! My roomate would love this, thanks for posting. Going to grab some granny smiths at the store.

24. I love fruit dips. I usually purchase a cream cheese dip or caramel. This is better because it will cost less and taste better.

25. Lisa Kerr says:

This Apple Dip sounds so good I cant wait to try it! Thank you for sharing the recipe!

26. I love cream cheese dip on fruit. Especially green apples. I never thought to add brown sugar. That sounds delicious.

I love cream cheese on almost anything, so this would be a great dip for me. The brown sugar gives it that extra something to make it special.

28. That’s good. Especially with Granny Smith apples. I like the flavor contrast.

29. I love these simple and easy recipes!!! I am definitely making this.

30. This sounds super yummy. Thank you for sharing with us.

31. We often buy the caramel apple dip so this is something I think we’d all enjoy here

32. sounds yummy!

This sounds so good. My grandchildren will probably eat more apples with this dip. Thank you so much for sharing