Recipe: The Best Sweet Potato You Have Ever Had

Seriously, this will make you wanna slap your momma…it’s THAT good. Yesterday when I ran into Walmart they had sweet potatoes for .19 a lb!! I bought 8 lbs because I love them that much, and they were super cheap…I’m making sweet potato fries next 🙂
Take a good size potato (one that will fill you up for dinner)
Rinse off the skin, poke some holes in the potato with a fork
Bake on a cookie sheet for 50-60 minutes until the potato gives when you squeeze it
Cut in half down the middle and kinda mash the meat with your fork
Put 2 pats of butter on it, make sure it melts all good and is mixed in
Sprinkle with cinnamon
Sprinkle generously with brown sugar..I used a good 3-4 Tablespoons
Make sure it’s all incorporated pretty well
Cover the top with mini marshmallows and put back in oven until the marshmallows start to melt and brown

Eat…you will be thinking me while you are eating this wonderful gooey, sweet goodness!!

Comments

1. sounds yummy!

I’d probably skip the mallows, but othwise – I’m sold!!!

2. Jewely Bug says:

My hubby would LOVE this I’m sure. It looks yummy!

Ami, how can you leave off the marshmallows?! Ack! lol 😉 jk

3. md kennedy says:

My husband and I are hooked on sweet potatoes and will for sure be trying this one as an addition to our #1 favorite: Sweet Potato Oven Fries with Rosemary.

4. cheryl lister says:

Nice easy recipe. Love finding sweet potatoes on sale!

5. Sherry Compton says:

This is the way we do ours, and my husband loves it. I admit sometimes we cheat and just buy canned. We mash them. Throw on some pats of butter. Sprinkle on cinnamon and brown sugar. Top with marshmallows and bake.

6. Sherry Compton says:

Looks good. A great fall recipe. This would go well with ham or turkey for the holidays or even steak or chicken. Baked sweet potatoes are versatile nd healthy or you…of course not with butter and sugar but too good to worry too much.

7. will have to try this! love sweet potatoes.

8. looks delish. Sweet potatoes are one of the only vegetables my son will eat.

9. Erin Knack says:

Holy smokes! That looks amazing. All those marshmallows…so good. Definitely trying this! Thanks!

10. wyndwhisper says:

this is how i do mine too.
    tammy ramey
    trvlagnt1t@yahoo.com

11. I know a lot of people that like their sweet potatoes like this.

12. We’ve never really eaten sweet potato around the holidays, but I’d love to try it, it does look delicious. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

13. I have never tried doing this and it sounds easy and looks so good. We love sweet potatoes here and I usually just have them baked and with butter on top. Thanks for sharing!

14. I don’t like sweet potatoes but these look delicious. I will try making this.