Recipe: Garlicky Lemon Chicken

I have become newly addicted to the website pinterest, and came across THIS recipe the other night. I showed it to my mother in law and she thought it looked awesome as did I, so we adapted the recipe a bit and made one very similar. It was so good and I wanted to share (and keep record of it for when I get home from vacation to make it).

This is not healthy by any means lol

Photo Credit: The Hungry Mouse

Ingredients:
Chicken breasts cut into bigger finger sized pieces
3 Tbsp of Jarred garlic (you can find it in the produce section)
Pepper
Flour
Olive Oil
1 Lemon-Juice AND zest
Dried Oregano
Dried Parsley
Garlic Salt

In a large skillet put in about 1/4 inch of olive oil. Heat up over medium high heat for a couple min and throw in your jarred garlic.
Stir it around so the oil gets infused with it. While you are doing this dredge your chicken in the flour and set it to the side for a min.
After the oil starts to get really hot/bubble a bit, put in your chicken…it’s fine if your pan is crowded just this once šŸ™‚
When it starts bubbling again sprinkle with seasonings all over the top, onion powder, oregano, parsley, garlic salt, and pepper. (You will do this again on the other side, so don’t go TOO crazy)
Cook for a few min and move the chicken a bit so everything can flow through the pieces, but don’t flip yet.
Cook for 3-4 minutes and then flip over, the bottom should have a nice brown coating of garlicky goodness.
Do another layer of spices on this side of the chicken like you did above. (the oil should start absorbing now)
After another 5 minutes, flip over again and season one more time.
Sprinkle with lemon zest, and then juice HALF lemon all over the top of every piece of chicken, flip over and juice the other side.
Your chicken is now done!!!!

YUM!!! It’s actually not CRAZY garlicky, but the chicken is a bit tangy and just SOOO good. After writing this out, I want to go get a leftover piece lol

Comments

1. Lynda Thomas says:

Pinning this! Garlic and Lemon are my two favorite ingredients ever! Lol! This sounds perfect, and I think my whole family would enjoy it! Yum!

2. cheryl lister says:

This sounds delicious! All I have is fresh garlic and I’m assuming one would use the same amount as jarred? Sounds like a quick and super flavorful dish.

3. These look so good. I want to try this recipe now.

4. Brittany F. says:

Another great recipe! Will have to try this one.

5. yummy love garlic and lemon

6. This look so good. Always looking for a new way to cook chicken.

7. This looks so flippin’ good. We have “Sunday chicken” at our house…we literally roast a chicken every Sunday. This would be a perfect way to mix things up a little bit.

8. This sounds super flavorful. Lots of options to use this chicken in different dishes and with different side dishes.. so versatile! Thanks for sharing!

9. I am scared to cook chicken like that, but it might be worth it for lemony garlic chicken!

10. It sounds wonderful, I like my chicken dredged in something before sauteing, and I love lemon. The photo is very enticing, I want to make this – an easy way to get the lemony essence!

11. Deborah D says:

I love chicken breasts. I am going to make this. I am leaving out the lemon zest as I don’t have any but I do have lemon juice.

12. This makes me think of Debra’s Lemon Chicken on Everybody Loves Raymond. It sounds simple and easy to prepare.

13. I had a friend who made some of the best lemon chicken but this recipe sounds even better than the one she made shhh, don’t say I said that but this does look so good

14. I love garlic lemon chicken! Thank you for sharing this recipe!

This chicken recipe sounds so good. I know this is something my family would love. Thank you so much for sharing

This recipe was so good. My family loved it. It was a great change since we eat alot of chicken. Thank you so much for sharing