Recipe: Crockpot Potato Soup

I came across a recipe on pinterest, see original here.
I absolutely love Outback’s potato soup, and the blogger said this tasted very similar. I’m hoping it does, it smells awfully good cooking away in the crockpot!! I did change a couple things on my recipe though!

Here’s what you need:

1 bag of frozen hashbrowns
3 14oz cans of Chicken Broth
1 can of Campbells Cream of Mushroom
1/2 cup of diced onion
1 package of cream cheese
S&P
Bacon, cooked crispy for garnishing
Cheddar cheese for garnishing

Turn your crockpot on low and add in hashbrowns, chicken broth, cream of whatever soup, onion, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Let cook for 6-7 hours on low, then add in cream cheese and cook for 1 more hour. Serve and add your toppings, cheese, bacon, sour cream, green onions….whatever you may choose!

Photobucket

Comments

1. Wow, I love the crock pot recipe, because I can just dump in the ingredients and let it cook! No worries, just have a great pot of soup for supper. Thanks for the yummy recipe!

2. Nicole Bear says:

Crockpot recipes are becoming a favorite in my house since having a baby. I am going to try to prepare a bunch ahead of time and freeze, so we will have a lot of quick easy meals.

3. cheryl lister says:

This sounds so easy! Peeling and cutting up potatoes is so time-consuming, so Ilove just throwing in the frozen hash browns. Most potato soups contain milk (which I can’t use) so like the idea of chicken broth but with the cream cheese to add that creamy element!

4. tia albright says:

potato soup is my favorite soup!! i will add this to my list to try

5. Samantha Woodling says:

This looks so good! I was grocery shopping earlier today and looking for potato and bacon soup but they didn’t have any. This will be perfect. I’m so glad I found this!

6. sounds so yummy

7. marissa lee says:

sounds good..i never tried potato soup.

8. This would be perfect to get together before work. Put everything in a crockpot and have it all ready when I come home with the kids. So yummy!

9. Rebecca Parsons says:

I love potato soup but I have never cooked it in the crockpot.

10. I have been craving potato soup! I need to get these ingredients asap!

11. tiffany dover says:

This is the perfect recipe for the season we’re in! I really think the family would love it too!

12. This sounds amazing! I love cream cheese and never thought of using it to make a thick soup! I haven’t had a potato soup in soo long, time to get cookin’ !!!

13. Julie Wood says:

This is a really great recipe for Potato soup. Since coming to your recipe posts, I have gotten so many great ideas for Christmas dinner. I am going to make this soup for my Dad and sister!

14. I love potato soup. I’ve tried several different recipes that were more difficult and didn’t quite come out right. This recipe seems so much more simple. I can’t wait to try it. Bookmarking this for sure!

15. cheryl lister says:

It’s a rainy cold morning here and this sounds just perfect for dinner. I think I have all the ingredients, too!

16. This looks amazing, and I love crock pot recipes because I don’t actually like to cook. I’ll probably use real potatoes though.

17. Julie Wood says:

Potato soup is one of my favorite dishes to make in the Crockpot! Since it is cold now, I love to make this recipe and have hot soup! I like your recipe a lot. I am going to make it!

18. This sounds really good. Thank you for sharing this with us.

This is another easy recipe. I never thought about using frozen hashbrowns to make a potato soup, but it does cut down on the work. This is a great recipe for winter to help get the cold out of my bones.

20. M.Clark says:

This soup sounds delicious, just the thing to warm you up on a cold night. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

21. I haven’t had good potato soup in a long time. It is great on a nice cool day. Thank you so mch for sharing