Recipe: Pumpkin Muffins

I first made these Pumpkin muffins last year when my husband and I were on a diet. Don’t let that scare you away from these though, they taste AMAZING and nothing like a diet food. They are super super simple, and the only way you can screw it up is by not baking them long enough!

Ingredients:
1 box of Spice Cake Mix
15 ounce Can of Pumpkin
1/2-3/4 cup of water

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together the above ingredients. I used 1/2 cup of water, you can use a little more if you want them less dense.

Bake in muffin tins for 21-22 minutes.

I made a glaze for them, just for looks…just powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. They are very good with cream cheese icing as well.
My help for cleanup :)

Thanks for looking, please pin on Pinterest if you’d like!!!

Depending on how many you make they vary from 110-140 calories each!

Comments

1. These muffins look yummy and are so simple to make. I guess they’re low-fat unless you make the cream cheese icing – yum!)
    since there’s no oil or eggs Thanks!

2. Oh, I love pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies. I’ve never made pumpkin muffins with cream cheese before. This looks really good and the spice cake mix will surely make it easy. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

3. Kelsie Jennings says:

I made these with my toddler and she enjoyed them a lot. Also they are secretly vegan!

4. These look great. How many calories per serving?

5. Lynda Thomas says:

Yum! I love pumpkin pie and pumpkin cake, so pumpkin muffins sound delicious! Turning them into cupcakes with creamcheese frosting sounds like an extra delicious plan! :)

6. cheryl lister says:

I have about 10 cans of pumpkin in the cupboard that I bought on sale last fall. Love that these muffins have no added fat to them. And so easy! Thanks for posting this.

7. I take and buy pumpkins the goose neck ones every year and put them up so I can have pumpkin all year round to make pies and muffins and cookies in my house so Im always on the look out for pumpkin recipes – thanks so much for this one, they look delicious

8. Sherry Compton says:

Canned pumpkin is very good for you and just plain good. The pumpkin just adds some flavoring and moisture to your muffins.

9. Becky Schollian says:

Oh my gooness!! I love anything pumpkin!! these look easy & delicious. A must bake for me. I really enjoy the pumpkin/cream cheese rolls so these will definitely be delightful.

10. These would be great for the fall pumpkin season. They look so amazing.

11. Kristine Laird says:

What?! I love pumpkin EVERYTHING…These look SO EASY! I have a can of pumpkin in the cabinet! Making THIS weekend!

12. Brittany F. says:

I LOVE pumpkin muffins. I hadn’t thought to use spice cake. The only thing I add to all my baked goods is a couple tablespoons of flax. Just for the added health benefit.

13. Sophia Carr says:

Yum! These look delicious and so easy! I can’t believe it’s already August and that means it’s almost Pumpkin season! I’ll definitely be making these as pumpkin is a favorite in my house!

14. tia albright says:

these sound so good. fall is coming soon.. i will be making a lot of pumpkin breads and muffins

15. Love the drizzle on top so cute

16. Gina Hiskes says:

These look delicious! With fall right around the corner we’ll definitely be trying these.

17. Brittany H says:

I can’t even tell you how happy I am to have found this. I adore pumpkin anything, but nothing beats a quick easy recipe like this one! Cleanup will be so much easier. I’ll be making these soon!

18. its that time of year again to prepare for the autumn season! one of my favorite seasons because i love all the smells – especially pumpkin!! so this would be perfect to fragrance the house with :)

19. Fall is in the air and so is the smell of pumpkin muffins!! I love how convenient all of your recipes are! This is going to be one that I make in the next coming weeks.

20. These will be perfect for Fall!

21. Rebecca Parsons says:

I would love these with a cream cheese frosting on top.

22. these look yummy! I have a can of pumpkin that I need to use!

23. Sherry Compton says:

Love the idea of the glaze. It looks great on them, too. A three ingredient glaze for a here ingredient recipe…awesome.

24. Worked like a charm! Delicious!

25. MMmmm It’s pumpkin season! I can’t wait to make some pumpkin muffins. My grandmother always used to make a spice cake and this reminds me of it.

26. Sherry Compton says:

Cute cleanup crew! :) they always find the kitchen when the spoon is ready to be licked or you need a taste tester. Sometimes kids have the best jobs. Hope you both enjoy the batter nd the muffins

27. Sherry Compton says:

It’s that time of year, and you can find pumpkin flavored almost anything. From pancakes, syrup, donuts, and cookies. Great to be able to enjoy it in an easy homemade way.

28. It can’t be easier than this, nor more delish! This is a must do! I have cans of pumpkin wating for something easy but good – bulls eye for these cupcakes!!!

29. Julie Wood says:

This recipe looks so delicious to make Pumpkin Muffins, and this is a good time of the year to make these. I love muffins and I think this is an easy recipe to make. Love the glaze!

30. Jessilee Raub says:

Looks yummy, I love anything with pumpkin, even if it isn’t fall.

31. This looks so easy! I love anything pumpkin.

32. md kennedy says:

So easy-peasy! I will make a vegan “cream cheese” icing with a vegan cake mix for cupcakes for dessert for Christmas dinner. Yum-oh!

33. These look super duper yummy and sound easy! Thank you for sharing.

34. These are great! My daughter likes to make them for me and it’s an easy recipe for her to make independently! They taste yummy too!

35. I made these this morning and they are fabulous! Of course I love anything pumpkin so when I saw these I knew that I had to try them. :)
    Someone had asked about calories. I did the math. I used the Duncan Hines Signature Spice Cake mix and a generic can of pumpkin. I got 16 muffins out of my batch and it came out to 131 calories per muffin.
    I filled my muffin cups pretty full, so I’m sure that you could easily stretch it to get 18 which would make each muffin 117 calories.

This is such an easy recipe that any child could help make it. I might leave out the cream cheese icing so that there are fewer calories in each muffin. Thanks for the recipe.

37. I need to try this. I absolutely love things like pumpkin rolls so I think this would be something I’d enjoy as well.

38. These muffins looks delicious! I love pumpkin bread so I am sure I will love these! Thank you for posting!

39. These look amazing, what size can of pumpkin is it?

40. Can’t wait to try these!!!!

41. EVERY TUESDAY NIGHT @ CHURCH, WE ALWAYS HAVE SOME KINDA SWEETS, IM GONNA TAKE THESE

42. This time of year I Love anything Pumpkin :) These Muffins Look Awesome.

43. your daughter is adorable I like how you have her in the kitchen learning with you that is so sweet. I am not much of a baker. I mostly have my teenage daughter do the baking I am going to show her this. Thanks for sharing

44. These pumpkin muffins sound so good. I will have to give them a try. Thank you for sharing

45. I love pumpkin! I will definitely be making these.