Recipe: Red Beans, Rice, w/Smoked Sausage

Last month my husband and I had a yummy “jambalaya” recipe at my surprise baby shower. I asked the lady who made it for the recipe, as we ate a ton of it. It seriously is the EASIEST thing to make and tastes so good.

Ingredients:
2 boxes of Zatarains Red Beans and Rice
4 Tablespoons of Butter/Margarine (I used half)
1 16oz package of Hillshire Farms Smoked Sausage
6 1/2 cups of water

In a large deep skilled/pot pour in the water and throw in the butter. Bring to a boil.
Pour in the 2 boxes of Zatarains.
Cut up your sausage into coins and mix in as well. Bring back up to a boil.
Lower the heat to a simmer and cover with a lid.
Stir every 5-6 minutes or so.
Cook until most of the water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 25-30 min.
Turn heat off and let sit for about 5-10 min, stir and serve.
Photobucket

Comments

1. Lynda Thomas says:

Mmm! This sounds so easy and delicious! My husband would love it for sure! I pinned it so I won’t forget where I found it! Yum!

2. cheryl lister says:

wow – super easy! I’ve never tried Zatarans rice mixes, but have seen them in the store. This could be extra good with some shrimp thrown in!

3. md kennedy says:

Awesome recipe! I’ll have to leave out the meat (veggie!) but otherwise yummy.

4. This sounds like a good meal for my family . Really easy to make with not a lot of ingredients to buy. I have not tried Zattarans tho I have seen it quite often on TV and in
    the store. thanks for the recipe.

5. Sounds really good and easy

6. We cook with a lot of sausage so this recipe would fit right into our repertoire! I could easily make this right after work! Easy!

7. Bethany Saldana says:

Easy & delicious? Sounds like my kind of recipe! I’ve never tried Zattarans, but I think I’ll have to look for it if it makes something like this and it’s that easy. I think I could even make it with the 1-year-old shadowing me!

8. Rebecca Parsons says:

Oh my i love red beans and rice and smoked sausage. I could eat this one night a week. Sadly just me and my hubby like it and not the kids, so I don’t make it as much.

9. This seems easy enough! It would be perfect to have on hand for when we are running low on time!

10. Sherry Compton says:

Sounds super easy. I just bought a rice and beans mix on sale. It will work great in this. My husband will love the use of butter. I might even see what happens if I do this in the crock pot.

11. tiffany dover says:

love this! So simple yet definitely yummy! My husband loves red beans and rice and now that it’s getting colder it’s the perfect time to make this!

12. Sherry Compton says:

Super easy and filling. A good recipe to keep on hand in the cooler weather. This could easily be adapted for the slow cooker, too.

13. This is the perfect recipe for the fall weather! I would love to make this! Then I want red-flannel hash, too.

14. Julie Wood says:

I like Zatarains rice mixes and so does my family. I like this recipe because it is easy to make! I like the sausage and rice together. Another great recipe that I found on your blog..

15. My husband makes something like this, except without the boxed rice and beans. He hates those things. I actually think I’ll ask him to make it tonight.

16. This sounds super easy and delicious, thanks for sharing!

17. M.Clark says:

I like red beans and rice, the only time I have ver eaten it is when my family purchased it from Popey’s Chicken. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

I have never tried Zatarains Red Beans and Rice, but these 2 boxes makes the recipe so simple to make. I love Hillshire Smoked sausage. The only thing I might add would be sauteed onions and fresh herbs.

19. My nephew and his kids love this stuff, I will remember to add some of the sausage next time, sounds great and haven’t done that

20. I love red beans and rice. Thank you so much for sharing this good recipe

21. This recipe is so good and so easy to make. My family really enjoyed this. Thank you so much for sharing