Happy Valentine’s Day: Recipe: Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Happy Valentine’s Day to all of my readers!
I have a special post for you all!
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
chocolatestrawberries
I made these tonight, and I was really hesitant about it because everything I read on the internet said you have to be very careful with the chocolate because if it gets too hot, it won’t set up!
Ingredients:
1 bag of quality chocolate chips, I used Semi-Sweet Ghiradelli Chocolate Chips
1 package of fresh strawberries
-You will need a double boiler or a pot with a glass bowl over the top to act as a double boiler.
-Put water in the pot as high as you can go without the bottom of the bowl touching the water.
-Boil it.
-Put your bowl on top of the pot, make sure no steam/moisture is escaping.
-If you get water in your chocolate, it will not work.
-Pour in half of your chocolate chips, melt it, stir with a rubber spatula.
-Once melted take off the heat, pour in about 1/4 of the bag to melt those, but cool down the chocolate that’s already melted.
-Put back onto the water, to heat just a little bit (maybe 30-45 seconds)
-Then dip your strawberries.
-Place on wax paper.
Y-ou may have to put the chocolate back onto the pot to thin it a little bit or add in more chocolate, just do it in short time periods.
Once your strawberries are coated, place in the refrigerator to harden.
IF you tempered your chocolate perfectly (it should ALWAYS be under 100 degrees), your strawberries will set up!
Make sure you eat your strawberries the same day!
Chocolate will easily absorb any smells in your refrigerator, so don’t leave them in more than a 1/2 day or so.
Have a fabulous Valentine’s Day!!

Comments

1. Diane Cooper says:

I read about making the chocolate covered strawberries and I am going to the store right now to buy strawberries- this is my husband’s favorite indulgence! Won’t he be happy I made them instead of spending a fortune on them?

2. I have never made these, but one day I’ll have to. Yours look so good. I really like chocolate & Strawberries!

3. I’m so chicken to do this myself. But I really should. Messing up is a lesson learned. And even if they’re wrong, I bet my kiddos and I would still love em. Yours look lovely. Way to go ๐Ÿ˜€

4. These strawberries look like the most delicious things in the world right now.

5. need to keep this recipe handy when strawberries are in full season… yummy stuff, thanks sharing it

cathy ddreemzz

6. I was so mad I bought huge strawberries 12 for $11.30 and I bought this chocolate stuff that all you have to do is put in the microwave and for what ever reason (I did follow the directions) it just coked the chocolate. This chocolate stuff cost me another $3.00.Now Your recipe looks like a better idea and I am going to try it next year as I found out my husband doesn’t care for strawberries. UGH!

7. Natalie Parvis-Nichols says:

I would have loved to have made these for valentines day. Maybe I’ll still make them anyway. I love chocolate covered strawberries.

8. I have never made them, always wondered just exactly how to make them. They are one of my favorite valentines day gifts to receive lol

9. Would these absorb odors in the fridge if they were wrapped well?
    Thanks for the recipe, I’m like you and was always kind of worried about trying them. If I mess it up, I’m sure I’ll still like them since I’m a chocoholic and adore strawberries lol.

10. teachinmomma123 says:

If I had some strawberries, I woud definitely make this right now. Now I am craving these.

11. Mmm. Who doesn’t love chocolate covered strawberries?! These look amazing. Thanks for sharing.

12. I love this recipe! Chocolate covered strawberries are so expensive so I don’t get them. I will have to make them for my husband, but I will use white chocolate instead. He is allergic to chocolate. I think it will work out! Thanks for the tips!

13. william saylor says:

I love chocolate strawberries I will have to make this.

14. Elle Perez says:

Covering berries with chocolate, it always seems as if the chocolate falls off. I’d like to try hulling the berry and then filling it with chocolate.

15. wow you made them look perfect, i always wondered how to make these, so cool im trying this out thanks a bunch for the idea

16. OMG!! They look wonderful–I haven’t tried to make them– but it sounds easy enough that I probable could. and they will be added to my list of to-do yummy fun

17. Chocolate covered strawberries are my all time favorite!!

18. Sam Dock says:

I tried this once and I think I got my chocolate way too hot, it never set up. They still tasted good though, but they were a huge mess!

19. This looks like a yummy and fun recipe to make. I LOVE chocolate covered strawberries. I am going to make these one day to surprise my fiancee because he loves them. Thanks for the amazing recipe.

20. these are good every day! great flavor combo

21. These look delicious and my kids would love making them for our family for Easter Sunday. I’m glad you said about making sure they are not wet when dipping.

22. Yvette H says:

So happy to see this recipe on here! They are so expensive to purchase…plus, who doesn’t love a homemade touch? Thanks for sharing it! ๐Ÿ™‚

23. My sister makes delicious chocolate (dark is my favorite) I will have to try some strawberries dipped in her homemade stuff!

24. Darlene Jones-Nelson says:

I am going to try this recipe next year as I just found out my Husband does not like strawberries. So I am going to make them for myself instead.

25. Nicole U says:

Those look so good! With spring getting closer these would be perfect for a picnic.

26. This sounds delicious! I was sick on Valentine’s, so I will have to make it up by surprising my husband with these!

27. Michelle E says:

This is perfect for a party!!

28. Debby Chandler says:

chocolate covered strawberries. How yummers is that? I’m going to try this for my next party.

29. candess phillips says:

I love the pictures! It always brings the recipe to life.. I too am usually wary of working with chocolate and have it not set for me.. but I threw the strawberries into the freezer and that helped a bit. Sugar is another tricky one to work with too.

30. michelle m says:

one of my most fav guilty sweet treats to make !!

31. Ashley Parks says:

I’ve always bought chocoloate covered strawberries at a sweet shop, but I would love to make them at home! Its after Valentines Day, but my hubby LOVES them and his birthday is at the end of this week! I’m going to give this a try during my daughters nap time!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Hopefully, mine turn out as yummy as yours look! ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for posting!

32. Diane Cooper says:

I have made these two times since I read this, and they were a big hit with my whole family! Thanks!

33. Wanda Bergman says:

Yum! Yum! Yum! I want these and I want them NOW!!

34. Holly Uhler says:

These remind me of the chocolate company up north where i used to live… my favorite time of year was valentines for them because they had the most delicious cc strawberries ever

35. Kelsie Jennings says:

Yum. This sounds like a nice treat for my kids to help make, and enjoy!

36. Amanda Stumpf says:

Yumm! I will be making these soon!

37. samantha s says:

Thanks for the great recipe it was a little simpler than most. I’m looking forward to making it for my anniversary.

38. Robin Wilson says:

I wanted to check this out because my first and last attempt at this ended in disaster. I don’t know what I did wrong, the chocolate didn’t stick to the strawberries! I was so disheartened! I think it was the temperature issue. I will try again going by your directions! Strawberries are abundant now!

39. Sherry Compton says:

Love chocolate covered strawberries! Elegant and decadent but also great for any day of the week. Good tips…I didn’t know about chocolate soaking up so don’t leave it in the refrigerator.

40. Lynda Thomas says:

Yum! My husband and I both LOVE chocolate covered stawberries! I usually just make fondue chocolate and have us dip them in as we want them, but sometime I should try making them ahead like this. Thanks for the recipe! ๐Ÿ™‚

41. I actually have never eaten a chocolate covered strawberry . Tho I love strawberries and chocolate both. I tried to win some but no luck didnt win so I quess I have to make some for myself. thanks for the recipe

42. cheryl lister says:

I’ve never made anything like this because I thought it would be hard top do for some reason. You make it sound so easy – think I’ll try it for a summer treat.

43. I made these for my mom for Mother’s Day this year. She loved them. I think I should make them again. ๐Ÿ™‚

44. K. Finn says:

Thanks for pointing out the finer details about making chocolate-covered strawberries, like don’t get the chocolate too hot, only leave in the fridge for 1/2 day or less. Also, yours look delicious!

45. I thought this was going to be an easy recipe! I had no idea the chocolate shouldn’t go over 100 degrees!…do you use a thermometer. I did learn a couple years ago that you should make sure there’s no water, so that wasn’t new to me, though!

46. Why wait until Valentine’s Day? Chocolate covered strawberries are great all year! Thanks for the tips on chocolate temperature.

47. Becky Schollian says:

Looks so yummy. Definitely would cure the sweet tooth. We all love chocolate covered strawberries. Thanks for sharing!

48. MaryAnn says:

These look good. We love strawberries.

49. Becky Schollian says:

So I love to try new recipes…My daughter & I had a major sweet tooth last night and i thought of this recipe..We actually went to the Local super market at 1 am today & purchased all the ingredients…I have to say this was YUMMY!! We ate them with the chocolate still warm and boy we’re they good!! Thanks again…..

50. Sherry Compton says:

I love chocolate covered strawberries! They can be relatively easy to make and very decadent. You feel like you are really indulging. The chocolate the sweet/tart fruit!

51. Chocolate strawberries is one of mine and my husband’s favorite treats. I’ll definitely be using this recipe in the future.

52. These always look so delicious, I just don’t think they would taste as delicious as they look. I love strawberries and all. Maybe some white chocolate would do it for me.

53. Marisa D says:

looks so good im going to have to make these!

54. Michelle F. says:

my favorite valentines day treat!

55. Julie Wood says:

These look so delicious and the recipe is a good one. I love Chocolate covered strawberries and I am going to make this recipe. I like that it uses Ghiradelli chocolate because it is the best tasting.

56. Vanessa Coker says:

I am truly grateful for this recipe! I am pregnant and craving a lot of sweets :/ so I am trying to cut down on the 100% unhealthy sweets and eat more things like granola+choc.chips homemade power bars, fruit salads and etc. This is another great alternative ๐Ÿ™‚ fresh fruit with a little bit of chocolate Yum!

57. Sophia Carr says:

Yum! My husband’s been working 60+ hours in the past 4 days (Active Duty Air Force!) and I’m going to make them for these so he has a yummy snack when he gets home! He’ll be so excited ๐Ÿ™‚

58. Stacey Roberson says:

We made these not too long ago and they turned out awesome! I love using the larger, sweeter berries. Irresistable!

59. These sound so good right now. I can’t wait to try making them for myself!

60. the strawberries are beautiful right now, I’d like to make this to take to a get together! they look great and yet so easy!

61. I love strawberries and dipping them in chocolate will be fancy . Once you do that you can add sprinkles or white chocolate drizzled on them. Feed them to your significant other for dessert. yummy . Dont have to worry and tell us to eat them the same day. They wont last that long around here LOL thanks for the recipe : )

62. Sherry Compton says:

Looks delicious! Chocolate covered strawberries go with Zvalentines but you can have them anytime. It’s the end of summer now, and they sound great! Hope you continue to enjoy them all year too.

63. Jennifer Aldridge says:

these look awesome! I’ve had a few fails at this before, but never knew that it had to be under 100 degrees so I’m willing to give it another shot!

64. Love this! Normally I buy things like this premade, but I will definitely give this a go come V-Day 2014! Thanks!

65. marissa lee says:

love chocolate covered strawberries…they look amazing.

66. I absolutely love chocolate covered strawberries. However, I have never made them for myself. I should…but I am afraid if I do I will never stop eating them!

67. I am going to try these for my anniversary! They look yummy!

68. Brittany F. says:

I think you solved my chocolate craving.

69. This is a classic recipe but always a party pleaser! Definitely a perfect addition to any Valentine’s get together.

70. Rebecca Parsons says:

These looks so good. I am a sucker for chocolate covered strawberries. I also like chopped nuts on them too.

71. My husband love chocolate covered strawberries. Maybe one day I will actually make some for him instead of just buying them.

72. I love chocolate covered strawberries but haven’t found a great recipe to use to make them at home, and it cost to much to order them. I can’t wait to get the stuff to try making these, they sound very good.

73. Mouth is watering! These look so good. I am going to have to give them a try. I bet my hubby and son will love them too ๐Ÿ™‚ can’t wait to try them out!

74. tiffany dover says:

omg these looks delicious! I can’t ever seen to get the chocolate just right when I buy the melting chocolate for these. I’m going to try again though…this recipe has given me hope!

75. rachel rohde says:

those look so delicious. ๐Ÿ™‚

76. I’ve always wanted to try chocolate covered strawberries! The combination feels weird to me (cold fruit + hot chocolate?), but everyone swears they are so good. This recipe looks simple and easy to do!

77. yummmmmm.. these sound so yummy, strawberries are the only berries or fruit I like with chocolate!

78. Chocolate covered strawberries are $2 each at the chocolate store. I can make them A LOT cheaper this way.

79. Cortney Tackett (Callen's Closet) says:

Two of my favorite things! Strawberries AND chocolate! I will definitely be trying out this recipe and probably add some other fruit like pineapple

80. I make these every Valentines Day for my daughter and husband and they love them we use white and milk chocolate

81. Nancy Partin says:

those look really good. I have always wanted to make chocolate covered strawberries.

82. Sherry Compton says:

These would be great for my anniversary on the 11th. We are going to the melting Pot for the first time. I can’t wait to try the chocolate fondue.

83. Julie Wood says:

These Chocolate covered strawberries look so delicious! I have made these before and they taste very good. Your really turned out great! I like the brand of chocolate that you used because it tastes the best!

84. Two of my favorite things. Chocolate and strawberries. This sounds so simple to make too.

85. Jessilee Raub says:

Looks like a quick and simple romantic idea. thanks for sharing.

86. Such a simple and frugal away to celebrate Valentine’s day.

87. I always have terrible luck when melting chocolate, I will try out your tips and see if it helps. I didn’t know that chocolate absorbs smells in the fridge, good to know!

88. Maria Iemma says:

I love chocolate covered strawberries and I have bought them for our anniversary every year. I am happy to say that this year I will be making my own thanks to you.

89. cheryl lister says:

Tart strawberries with smooth sweet chocolate – very yummy. I think I could make these.

90. The recipe seems easy enough and a great idea for the hubby! thanks for sharing!

91. Christina Kelbel says:

This is not exactly rocket science or anything, thanks for posting though. Some people are stupid! Chocolate covered strawberries are not exactly difficult to make.

92. Kerri Hughes says:

I have always wanted to make chocolate covered strawberries they are my favorite.

93. These look so good. I am going to make these as soon as strawberries are in season again.

94. Thanks for all the tips and advice on doing this. I learned a lot!

This would be such a lovely treat. I love strawberries and I love chocolate. It is much better to make them than to have to pay a fortune to buy them. I shall be using this recipe soon.

96. These look so good, thank you for sharing.

97. Sherry Compton says:

Great idea! They look wonderful. I love chocolate covered strawberries, but they can be very expensive to buy. Much cheaper and just as good, I’m sure.

98. I love chocolate covered strawberries, I’d like to try this with dark chocolate. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

99. My sister had some sent to her or Christmas from a friend and I loved them. Your recipe sounds great and easy to do Thanks for sharing this

100. These are so pretty, thank you for sharing.

101. darlene says:

I am going to make these for Mother’s Day! Thanks for sharing. these are a favorite.

102. M.Clark says:

This is a nice easy treat to make for any occasion not just Valentine’s Day. In addition to strawberries you can use cherries and and bananas. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

103. These look delicious and pretty easy to make! Thanks for posting! I’ll be pinning this for future reference!

Valentines Day is almost here. These are always great to have at this time of year. I will try these for my family. Thank you for sharing