Recipe: Asian Cabbage Coleslaw with Ramen Noodles and Almonds

I recently had an awesome salad at our playgroup Easter get together, and I didn’t get the recipe, so I went ahead and duplicated it on my own. It’s not the same, but it’s very close and VERY good.

asian coleslaw

Ingredients:
1 head of cabbage (medium size, cored, and shredded/chopped)
5 green onions (cleaned and sliced from greens to whites)
1 can of chow mein noodles
1/2 cup of sliced/slivered almonds
1 package of Chicken Flavor Ramen Noodles
1 Tablespoon of Butter

Ingredients for Dressing:
1/4 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of oil (I used vegetable oil)
3 Tablespoons of White Vinegar
1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
Flavor packet from Ramen Noodles
1/4 Teaspoon of Black Pepper

• In a covered bowl or jar, mix together the ingredients for the dressing. Set in fridge and shake every hour to get the flavors married together. Make dressing night before.
  • Toast the almonds and broken up ramen noodles in a skillet with a Tablespoon of butter, set aside.
  • Chop the cabbage and onions and put in large bowl. Pour dressing over top and toss, let sit in the fridge for a couple hours, toss all together every hour or so.
    Right before serving, mix in the almonds, ramen noodles, and chow mein noodles. Serve!

Comments

1. That sounds strangely good. I’ve always enjoyed the smell of Ramen noodles more than the taste. With the other ingredients it sounds good!

2. Lilia Kharabora says:

Absolutely Love. Years back I tried something like this and loved it. Now I have a recipe. Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. Joni J Caraway says:

I have a recipe, similar to this and we love it. We use ramen noodles and add Chinese five spice and as it wilts in the fridge it gets better each day. That is if it last, LOL

4. Kayla M says:

I like how different this is!

5. That sounds yummy. Easy to add chicken to too.

6. Anna M Dunn says:

I have been looking for this recipe forever. I can’t thank you enough.

7. Lorayne Gothard says:

Thank you for the recipe. You can’t very many slaw recipes that look good lieke this one. I will give it a try!!!

8. ne-knopka says:

mmm… yummy !

9. Carol L says:

This looks and sounds delicious. I’m grateful for your sharing this. My daughter is going to love it. I can’t wait to try it.
    Carol L

10. Sherryl Wilson says:

This is one of my crew’s favorite salads… they ask for it anytime we have to take a dish somewhere so they know there will be something there for them to eat! LOL

11. Mrs Ransome says:

This sounds so yummy! I’m going to the grocery store and buying the ingredients to make this tonight!

12. Debra Givens- Wagner says:

I ate this many years ago and loved it! I always wanted the recipe and ow i do!! Thanks

13. I would love to try this! It sounds deliciously healthy!

14. Tiffany Scott says:

That sounds so good!

15. Christina Howell says:

I love salads and I will have to try this one since my family loves Asian food.

16. Jaime Gutshall says:

I also had this at a party a while back and really liked it. You would never guess the ingredients in it, kinda a weird combo but really good:)

17. YUM!!

18. Chrissie Hayden says:

Ive been looking for a similar recipe I tried at a picnic a long time ago… I need to figure out how to make ramen more appealing lol. Thanks for this, the pics look delicious!

19. Judith Martinez says:

This would be really good with some chicken tossed into it!

20. Mmmm! It might be because I’m preggo, but that looks delicious lol!

21. Darlene Jones-Nelson says:

This looks real good! Next time I have more cabbage than I know what to do with (often) I am going to make it.

22. anne conover says:

This looks awesome. I pinned it! I used to make one like this but yours is different so I can’t wait to try it. these types of salads are always a hit at church potlucks so this will be brought to the next one!!

23. oh yum this looks delicious , just the kinds of food stuff I love to eat. We also are big cabbage and roman noodle eaters here in our house. So I know they are gonna love it too
    thanks for this recipe. I am going to make it next time I buy cabbage.

24. Olivia Douglass says:

Yum! Thanks for sharing, I will have to try this!

25. Robin Wilson says:

What a wonderful and easy salad. I always knew there had to be another use for ramen noodles. This would be a great pot luck dish. I have to make one a month for my hubby’s work. Thanks.

26. Peggy Greco says:

This looks delicious and refreshing to eat; thanks for recipe!

27. Linda Meyers-Gabbard says:

Yum. I had a recipe very close to this about 10 years ago. I lost it and have not been able to duplicative it since. Im glad I was looking here. Now I can make it this weekend. Thank you.

28. I’m a very picky eater, but I really think I’d like this! I’ll have to give it a try!

29. cheryl lister says:

love this salad! I’m always looking at variations so i was interested to see that you fry the noodles in a bit of butter first. I think I’ll try that next time!

30. I make this same recipe but mine is called Oriental Salad…it is the best…always better the second day! Always a crowd favorite!

31. Maria Iemma says:

I am not a big fan of Ramen noodles however this recipe looks delicious. I may try it just to see if it tastes as good as it looks.

32. Dorothy Boucher says:

this looks so delicious, this sounds like something i would love to make for a family beach day ๐Ÿ™‚

33. Fernando Huerta says:

wow looks delicious!! im def trying this!

34. Heather Garcia says:

My ex mother in law used to make this exact salad. I have always wanted to make it but it would be kind of awkward to call and ask for the recipe. But yay now I have it ๐Ÿ™‚

35. We love coleslaw and this seems like a great variation. I can’t wait to try it!

36. marissa lee says:

this sounds interesting..i never tried Asian Cabbage Coleslaw with Ramen Noodles and Almonds…strange combination…but i am willing to try it…thank you for sharing.

37. jashlyn Girard says:

I think this recipe has a great variety of ingredients and is an awesome re invention of chinese salad of my youth. lol I will try this soon.

38. Thank you for sharing this recipe I have already bookmarked it ๐Ÿ™‚ We have an annual July 4th BBQ and this may be a way to get my hubby to eat veggies bc it has other stuff he likes! Will try it in a few weeks… yummmmmy. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

39. This sounds great, I love Asian (or Asian inspired) food!

40. krystle gluck says:

I love coleslaw!! I also have tried this similar recipe and partys before, but I have asked for the recipe and now I have it!!! Thank you. also I haven’t tried it with the almonds in it so that will be interesting.

41. so funny that you use ramen noodles! i associate those with broke college days!!

42. natalie rivera says:

This is so up my Alley! Im Gluten, wheat free… Dairy free as well lol… Im 100% vegan and this is something i can make at home for all of us to enjoy. I cant believe i forgot about this kind of recipe. it looks super healthy and yummy. Im going to make this next week ๐Ÿ™‚

43. Carolyn K says:

This sounds great! I used to love ramen in college – here’s an excuse to eat it again. ๐Ÿ™‚

44. Lisa Williams says:

I had something similar to this a year or two ago and didn’t get the recipe either so I am glad to have found yours! It seems odd but these salads are really very good! I need to make this for my son. He’d love it!

45. Christine Cunningham says:

This recipe is fantastic!! I have made something close to it for years, and it’s an always requested recipe

46. Vivian Sun says:

This is a good recipe!! Someone usually makes this exact dish at my husband’s family events! I need to try this one at home too.. Maybe with some ribs!!

47. This salad looks great and extremely healthy! This could be used as a snack on the go, or could add sides to make it a great meal for the family!

48. Cassandra Kelton says:

Wow I bet this is delicious. I would never have come up with something like this on my own. I love all Asian foods, will have to give this a try!

49. Thank you for posting! Someone made this for our family a few years ago and we loved it and haven’t had it in a while…..now I can make again! Perfect for summer too!

50. md kennedy says:

I love the sound of this recipe – so different and practically healthy!

51. I had a salad like this growing up a lot, just made your recipie the other night and it was great! Added chicken breast for the men:)

52. Rachel Draper says:

OMG it looks so good and real easy to make. I’m always looking for different veggie options and this one is perfect for the summer.

53. Diana Ward says:

Looks like a way to get cabbage into my family, which isn’t that easy. ๐Ÿ˜‰

54. Kristin Welch says:

Tried a similar thing one time and it wasn’t my most favorite dish in the world. An Asian who didn’t really like Asian Cabbage Coleslaw, go figure!! Haha. Anyway, the other recipe wasn’t quite like this one, so maybe I will have to try it your way and see what I think!

55. Ruth chu says:

sounds delicious my hubby is Asian so he would love this me too for that sake

56. Sherry Compton says:

What a great use for cabbage. I only use half a head or less making cole slaw for hot dogs this would be a great change up for the remaining cabbage.

57. Missy Marie says:

Man,this looks good!! I’m adding this to my little stack of recipes to try.Thank you:)

58. Haley Bradley says:

I have tried this before and it is great. Would be great for a picnic.

59. Beanybopp says:

Im not a ramen noddle fan. Just something about them that “rubs” me the wrong way when it comes to the smell and taste. I have been told to doctor them up with peanut butter, eggs, etc and no such luck on liking them any better. My husband loves ramen so maybe Ill make this for him sometime and give it a taste. lol

60. Jennifer marohn says:

Thank you so much for posting this. My MIL is “strange” when it comes to things she eats, and I have the hardest time trying to find something that I can take to her house to parties that she will eat. I think she will love this, and I can make a bunch of it so that there is enough for everyone!

61. Heather Swarthout says:

This looks amazing. I am counting calories, so this would probably help me out for lunch one day. Thanks for the recipe!

62. jennifer aikens says:

I’m gonna have to pin this one – always looking for DIFFERENT ways to use ramen and I do love the crunchiness factor of this salad. My husband would probably not like the texture but this would be great for something to bring to someone’s house.

63. Sandy Cain says:

This is great. Very inexpensive – those Ramen noodle are super cheap! You could even throw in some tuna – or even some chicken strips for a stir-fry. Nice – thanks!

64. sara vandemark says:

This looks really good! I secretly love Ramen noodles anyways, so I know I’d love this salad. It sounds like it would be really refreshing to serve in the summer!

65. Rebecca Peters says:

What a funky way to spice up some ramen noodles lol. This looks delicious. Ill have to give it a try. Know what Im putting on the grocery list! Love that all these items are pretty cheap to get as well!

66. Stephanie Brown Eversole says:

This looks interesting! It would never occur to me to mix some of these items together, but I’ll trust you ๐Ÿ™‚

67. Cara Daymude says:

I love Ramen noodles so glad to see you and other people starting to post Ramen Noodle recipies I think it’s a great inexpenisive meal idea .

68. This looks delicious and, with a little planning, so easy to make. I think the texture especially sounds great, as I love a bit of crunch in my salad.

69. I had something like this before at a party and LOVED it! Maybe I’ll give it a try!

70. Diane Cooper says:

I have had something very similar to this before at family gatherings, and it is really good, even though it sounds like such a strange combination. I have never made it before, but I am going to try your recipe soon!

71. Becky Schollian says:

Looks great! Dry Ramon noodles can go with any thing! We are salad fanatics! I’m going to give this a try. Definitely keep you posted!

72. tia albright says:

looks good I think I am going to try to make this one ๐Ÿ™‚

73. It’s been years since I’ve had Ramen noodles. This recipe is a great twist on them, and would be a nice chance from the usual cole slaw and other side salads. Maybe it’s time for some Ramen to find its way into my grocery cart again.

74. I have many recipes that i use with Ramen noodles,I will definatively try this one.

75. Becky Schollian says:

Thanks so much I made this for my family and the devoured it!!

76. Cara Daymude says:

Yes Yes a new Ramen noodle Recipie crave is what I wanna see keep these good recipes coming Food is expensive and I think this is a great idea.

77. This sounds like a good recipe. I like Asian style food and of course ramen noodle everybody know what they are. This would make a nice side for a meat. thanks

78. MaryAnn says:

This looks like something my husband would love.

79. Angela Warren says:

Thanks for sharing . This looks weird BUT yet appealing. I am a picky eater, but I think I would enjoy it. I will be trying this soon.

80. Laura Cook says:

I’m not a fan of coleslaw, but this looks good! I may just have to try it!

81. I’ve had something similar and its really tasty!

82. I like how you incorporated the ramen noodles. Sounds interesting.

83. Belinda says:

I make something like this except I use prepackaged coleslaw mix. It is SO good and easy to make. It’s perfect for cookouts and potlucks!

84. K. Finn says:

Finally a coleslaw that I would like.

85. Lisa Puckett says:

Thanks for sharing this looks good!! I have been looking for something different and this may be it. Love all the ingredients!! ๐Ÿ™‚

86. That look yummy. I love cole slaw and ramen noodles. I will have to try this. I love easy inexpensive dishes!

87. This looks and sounds so good. I like Asian foods and this would be great as a side dish also. I will keep your recipe for this . thanks so much so it.

88. katklaw777 says:

I never thought you could just toast Ramen noodles…I like the dressing and I bet you could add cooked shrimp or chicken and make it a meal. It is a strange recipe but it does sound good too. Thanks for sharing!

89. Sherrie C. says:

The Asian Cabbage Coleslaw you made looks delicious and right up my alley. I’m going to bookmark this page and make this in the next few days. I just need to pick up a few ingredients. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

90. Colleen O says:

I had this at a potluck luncheon last summer and forgot who made it so have been unable to get the recipe and now it’s here! Thanks so much!!!!! This strange combo is so tasty and can be addicting – the only thing different in the one I tried was the addition of mandarin oranges.

91. Amanda Wilcox says:

I read this blog post a while back and have made this recipe. It is really delicious and my kids love it too, which is always a plus. ๐Ÿ™‚

92. Terrie Swanson says:

I have always heard of these salads with the Ramen Noodles but never saw a recipe. Now, looking at what ingredients are in it, I think I would like it and look forward to trying it soon.

93. Oh my gosh, this looks delicious!! Thank you so much! I printed this out to make for our next family get together.

94. Vanessa Coker says:

I love all the healthier recipes I am finding here. This one seems yummy too, I love crunchy salads!

95. Anna Lee says:

I have been looking for this yummy recipe for a long time and now that I have finally have found one I am making it. I love this salad

96. I have never had it made with the flavoring packet from the ramen noodles in it before. I will have to try that. This is one of my favorite things to take to a Pot-Luck or a something along that line. Everyone seems to love it and I know we love it here at our house that is for sure.

97. Jennifer Aldridge says:

I have made a similar recipe and it’s always a hit at potlucks. I love recipes that are so easy to make (i.e. throw together at the last minute!) and taste delicious. Thank you!

98. Michelle F. says:

love the addition of the almonds

99. Tiffany Schmidt says:

This would definitely be something new and different. It also doesn’t look too too hard! I’m not sure if my family would have the same buy in I do, though.

100. This would be great to bring to a party! It looks really good

101. Deborah D says:

This looks so good. I am going to make this. Thanks for sharing your recipes.

102. Julie Wood says:

I really like Asian Food and this recipe use cabbage and coleslaw with noodles and almonds to make a very healthy and filling meal. I like every ingredient in this recipe and can see myself making this for my family.

103. Susan Broughton says:

This is a tasty looking recipe. I like stir fry plates but I can never get the sauces right! lol I might give this one a try since it has a lot of vegetables in it.

104. Carissa Joslyn says:

This looks amazing I need to start coming back here more often for recipes. I’m a really picky eater, but i could tweak some things and be able to eat some new foods! (and my kids are Asian, so they’d prob like it! )

105. Michael Lambert says:

I really like cabbage and this sounds really good!

106. expecting mommy says:

This looks healthier than regular ramen noodles. It might actually make ramen noodles more delicious.

107. Christina says:

My Husband and I love to try new recipes. He especially loves Asian food, and I think he and the kids would love this. The best part is that we would not need to make a special trip to the Asian store in order to get the ingredients.

108. Sherry Compton says:

Hadn’t thought about using nuts and noodles in coleslaw. What an interesting idea and would definitely add texture. The dressing sounds wonderful with vinegar and soy sauce. Full of flavor and zip.

109. Do you use the packet from the ramen? I usually throw it out because it has so much sodium in it.

110. Would love to try this recipe for my family. My daughter doesn’t like traditional coleslaw at ALL, this recipe sounds like she would give this one a chance. Thanks!

111. rebeccabasset says:

This looks and sounds Yummy! I have sent a copy of this recipe to my E-mail. Can’t wait to try this.

Thanks for the recipe!

112. claudia ellis says:

I have had this salad once at a picnic and really loved it! I had since forgotten about it but now I will most definitely try and make it myself! sounds like it would be a healthier alternative to some of the other picnic foods anyway!

113. Gale McCarron says:

What an exciting twist! Love having Asian food and this sounds very appealing to try with my family. Thanks!

114. Ive never made this but Ive had it at parties and its really good.

115. Laura Fulks says:

This looks really yummy! I love Asian cabbage salad but have never tried it. I’ll have to try this one! ๐Ÿ™‚

116. That actually looks delicious! When I think of ramen noodles I think of my teenagers favorite after school snack.

117. Ann Cluck says:

I really, truly love this recipe. Even though it takes a few steps to make, it has inexpensive ingredients and can be made for a crowd!!! I love the crunchiness in the salad. The dressing sounds awesome and could be used in other dishes and be made in larger quantities!!!

118. Kristelle says:

Looks delicious! A must try

119. Gina Hiskes says:

This is the kind of salad I only order in a restaurant! This looks like a really simple, make at home recipe. I’ll have to give it a try!

120. Carolyn Barnett says:

Now i am wondering what that tastes like.It looks amazing and kinda looks like slaw.I might have a need to write down this recipe and try it out on my family.I will let you all know if we like it.

121. Yum. This sounds and looks good

122. What a find this recipe is! I bet many ppl like me have ramen noodles hanging around. I’m always trying to incorporate cabbage into the diet, because it is so good for you, but I can’t find yummy ways to do it. But this recipe is so enticing! I can’t wait to make it!!! Easy, too!

123. Jennifer Halstead says:

I have to admit, I am a “lazy cook”! I love that there weren’t a whole lot of ingredients, and that it was simple to make. Made this for lunch today, and we all loved it! Thank you!

124. sounds delis. I think I will sub out the vegetable oil for with either sesame or coconut oil. maybe add some peanut something as well. thanks.

125. Kristal Jones says:

It’s funny that you have an asian coleslaw recipe on here. We were just talking about it the other day at work, and how yummy they are. I think this is a sign that I need to make this week. I’ll have to try out this recipe as I don’t have the recipe I use to use anymore.

126. Monica V Colling says:

Looks great! I love asian salads!

127. we fix a number of asian dishes and I suspect that this would be a keeper recipe. I like the addition of the chow mein noodles – expect that they will lose their crunch in any leftovers though.

128. Autumn Hudson says:

This sounds amazing!! we have stir fry night atleast once amonth11 I will be adding this as a side dish. Something to replace the traditional fried rice. I am sure it will be a hit and added into our rotation for stir fry night!

129. This looks great! I love asian-style dishes!

130. Rebecca Parsons says:

I would love to try this, I think trying it with sesame oil might be perfect with this.

131. not creative but yummy indeed. thanks

132. Stacey Roberson says:

We would love this! Especially my daughter – she loves ramen noodles. Perfect for picnics, too.

133. Michelle Proper says:

I have so much cabbage in my garden and was looking for new ideas! This is perfect and looks so good. I like that it’s unusual!

134. tiffany dover says:

OMG! I would loooooove this! But no one else in the family would lol. Maybe I’ll make it and it can be just for me!

135. Keri Dameron says:

Looks good I think I will try this later this week. Can’t go wrong with almonds and ramen noodles lol.

136. This is different than any salad I ever had. Seems fairly healthy yoo.

sibabe64 at ptd dot net

137. Sandy Cain says:

Very nice, tasty looking recipe. (Inexpensive, too!) The only change I’d make (just personal taste) would be to use the Shrimp flavor Ramen noodles. Thanks for the recipe, I am going to fix this!

138. Mya Murphy says:

Normally, I’m not a HUGE fan of cole slaw, but with the added flair, I may just try this!!
    This looks utterly delicious! Thank you for the recipe!

139. This caught my eye instantly-it sounds incredible and looks delicious. I am a wreck in the kitchen, but this sounds like something I can handle. Healthy and great for summer. I love asian flavoring. Wish me luck, I’m going to try it this week!

140. Courtney T says:

Wow, how ingenious to use the raw ramen noodles to add a crunch in a salad! this looks pretty simple. i think i’ll try it next time i make a potluck salad

141. Oh, I have had this salad and it’s awesome! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

142. Going to try this one for sure. My husband and I love the Asian Cole Slaw we get at Stir Crazy Restaurants. I’ve not been able to find any recipes that comes close to that. This one might just do it. I like the rough chop look of your recipe. Hope the flavor is the one I’ve been seeking!!

143. I love recipes that utilize inexpensive ingredients in a different way than they were originally intended! This looks super yummy and I love anything Asian flavored!

144. This is like a Chinese Chicken Salad, thank you for posting this recipe now I can make it for myself at home!!

145. This looks really good . I know my family would eat it too. I like to make variations of meals with cabbage . Sounds like a chinese dish and we love chinese a lot. thanks for the recipe

146. Yummmm this salad or coleslaw looks like it would definitely be a hit at my home. Just looking at how it is presented makes ones mouth water. Thank You very much for sharing this Asian Coleslaw recipe with everyone. Can’t wait to try it!!!!!

147. Diana Vuong says:

This seems kinda yummy and different. I am used to soup base ramen noodles with cooked cabbage and some kind of meat.

148. Howell W. says:

This looks quite tasty! I’ll bet it would be heavenly with some kimchi added, too.

149. who would have thought to use ramen noodles to make into a delicious meal?! this looks so good ๐Ÿ™‚

150. Doni Lauk says:

I have had something similar and loved it! Thanks for this recipe. I think I might use coconut oil for the oil. Mmmm

151. yrenia s. says:

Now this is my kind of recipe! I love simple and practical recipes and I definitely love my Asian recipes. This would be a great potluck dish that would be loved by veg’ers and meat eaters, alike. For the vegetarians, keep it simple; for the meat eaters, I would add some grilled chicken.

152. Nathalie Talons says:

Ramen noodles are so versatile to build just about any meal around.

153. My dad is Japanese and this is something I think he would love. I will have to try it out next time he comes over.

154. This looks delicious! I can’t wait to try it!

155. natalie nichols says:

OMG. This looks like something my grandma used to make and bring to parties, except this looks….well, zestier! Thanks for the recipe!

156. crystal m says:

wow this looks really good! I just printed it out! hopefully it will work for my labor day bbq

157. Megan Carew says:

This stuff is amazing!

158. Erin Thompson says:

I absolutely love this salad! I have a standing request that I make it for my father in law every time we have a family get together.

159. Sandy Chiang says:

Looks like a decked out ramen with extra veggies. Will have to give this a try myself. Would have never thought of creating something like this. Thanks for sharing

160. I was a little hesitant when I saw the title of this post. Ramen noodles is not something I would have expected. However, I am a changed woman! This looks delicious! It looks so good and pretty easy to make.

161. Kristin Sims says:

This sounds delicious! It also is a very affordable meal when feeding a large group of people, also great to bring to a luncheon…thanks!

162. Brittany F. says:

I think I’ve eaten this at various parties. It’s pretty good.

163. I’m not a huge fan of coleslaw, but I think my family would love this. I think this unique coleslaw type salad would be something that I like. I think it would be a great dish to take to a party/ potluck.

164. Audrey Yarbrough says:

This recipe is yummy, quick and unique. The crunchiness of the ramen noodles is great!

165. This sounds really good and very creative. I got a head of cabbage in my vegetable share and I’m always at a loss for how to use it. Think I’ve found a new recipe to try ๐Ÿ™‚

166. I have a recipe similar to this but this one looks like it would have more flavor. I am going to have to try it out.

167. Kristin Sims says:

This recipe is great for potlucks, and other events where everybody has to bring a dish…..is inexpensive too!!! I have a lot of Ramen Noodles in my pantry, and now I know how to fancy them up! Thanks for the recipe!

168. One of my favorite potluck salads. Quick and easy to make. Thanks for posting the recipe.

169. Abigail Thomson says:

Oh Yum! I love asian salad and am always interested in making it myself but never do! I will have to try this out. Thank you so much for making it seem simpler with each step.

170. Susan Kelley says:

What a great potluck dish for any occasion! I will definitely try this dish. My family is big on ramen and chow mein noodles.

171. Heather Fantasma says:

A good friend of mine makes a similar salad. It is sooooo yummy!

172. I love ramein noodles but never tried anything like this. I’ll have to try it.

173. Renee Smith says:

Oh my goodness that looks so yummy! This would be perfect for a potluck lunch at our church next week.

174. Doesn’t look too hard and my husband loves Asian food and coleslaw!

175. Jessica Strudthoff says:

Sounds very similar to a dish I had recently at a work luncheon. I think they used the actual ramen roodles instead of chow mein noodles but this sounds much better.

176. tiffany dover says:

I attempted to make this for my mom cause she’s diabetic and this seems super healthy for her. It turned out great and she LOVED it. Thank you so much for sharing!

177. Alycia Mundall says:

Thanks you for helping me…I never know what to bring to parties! I am gong to be making this this weekend!!!! I had it years ago and never could remember what was all in it!

178. This looks very yummy. I have just started eating cabbage and I am always looking for new ways to cook it other than boiling it with bacon.

179. This looks so yummy, Got to make this asap!! ๐Ÿ™‚

180. Delicious looking! I am always looking for great ways to use up Ramen noodles (they’re so dang cheap lol!). This looks packed full of flavor.

181. This looks super-simple and delicious! I love that you said “I didn’t get the recipe, so I duplicated it on my own.” Probably making it even more simple than the original recipe! (and more custom to YOUR family!) ๐Ÿ™‚

182. I had something like this years ago, but couldn’t remember how to do the dressing. I have a skin sensitivity to the oils in nuts, so I have to delete them, but that’s easy to do. Thanks for posting.

183. My family and I are trying to eat better, its difficult sometimes. We’ve been working at it for over a year. I always say “trying” because for me it is always an effort between the food I was raised with and health options. Its all yummy, but often times it is an easier choice than others.

This recipe looks delicious! I can not wait to make this for my family.

184. This sounds so good! I have been craving cabbage salads with my pregnancy! I just mght have to give this a try!

185. Dianna Thomas says:

this sounds really good—I have a recipe for the Chinese Chicken Salad–that I had plannned on making this week for a birthday coming up–very similar to this but I have never made the sauces and so it going to be done with this recipe, I sort of lazy I buy the bagged cabbage — just not good at shopping things up and I dont have one of those great chopping machines except my husband–all the same thanks-for adding more to my collections of wonderful foods <3

186. This looks and sounds delicious. I know it’s going to be a hit with my family.

187. Sara Froelich says:

I just went to a cook out a few weeks ago and somebody made something similar to this and I loved it! I never found out who made it or asked for the recipe so I am happy to find this! I can’t wait to try it!

188. Brooke Wells says:

Oh so easy and a balanced meal that my picky toddler will like ๐Ÿ™‚

189. Christine Mondy says:

Wow, what a great way to use up all those Ramen noodles you have! LOL

190. Shannon Miranda says:

This recipe sounds delicious. My kids love ramen noodles. They don’t get ramen that often, but this would be a good way to sneak some veggies in on them.

191. lynn buttedal says:

I think my kids would like this! it looks like taco salad

192. Shakeia Rieux says:

I would love to try this recipe

193. Erin Garcia says:

This is my all time favorite salad! My mom and grandma used to make this salad for every family gathering and every potluck we went to as a child! I had this as the main dish at my baby shower a few months back. It makes me very happy and brings back memories of my childhood!

194. Melissa Gonick says:

This is something my son would love to try. It looks delicious and oddly appetizing. To many people these days cook the same!! Finally something different!!!

195. Christina Strapp says:

This looks pretty good and like something I have never tried before.

196. richelle leffler says:

this looks very delicious i have been wanting to try new things and new recipes and start eating healthier wish i had a cook so it would be easier . love when food just looks good and is presented all neat and looks tasty.

197. Lori Williams says:

I love this!! Every time we have a fellowship at church someone always brings this and I keep forgetting to find out who so I cam get the recipe. Thank you for sharing!! Now I can make my own.

198. Sarah Sands says:

Yum! This looks delicious!! I love that we can combine healthy and yummy, to make sure our families are eating well, and eating good at the same time! Great job!!

199. Sherry Compton says:

I bet the almonds and noodles add a great crunch and unique texture to your coleslaw. The soy sauce would go nicely with the flavor packet.

200. Matthew and Bridgette S says:

Thank you for sharing this! I needed a new idea because we are becoming bored with the normal everyday food that we made. It was so yummy! Will be sharing this to my wall!

201. Love this recipe. My sister used to make it and we would eat at
    our July 4th bbq. Thanks for sharing!

202. This recipe looks delicious & I can’t wait to make it!

203. Audrey Boyd says:

I have a friend that used to make this all the time, and I loved it! Looking forward to trying this recipe.

204. Audrey Boyd says:

I have a friend that used to make this all the time, and I loved it! Using the bagged coleslaw mix would make it a lot faster.

205. Sarah Negro says:

Thisis an amazing recepie! We make this almost once a week, makes a great lunch or a quick snack between meals. This is a definatly go to recepie for potlucks.

206. Erin Knack says:

A college friend and I tried this and we were shocked at how much we loved it! We ate the entire thing in two days. Yummy!

207. Deborah D says:

This looks so good. Wish I had this recipe when I was at college.

208. Anything with cabbage makes for a good and healthy meal. I’ll have to try this salad. Sounds soooo good and would be a healthy addition to any meal.

209. Cortney Tackett (Callen's Closet) says:

I’m a big thing of anything asain! I bet this would be good with chicken in it.

210. love this type of salad! My recipe uses beef ramen (and spice pack) and no soy sauce or chow mein noodles. I’m going to try your style though of adding the soy sauce and noodles (loooove the extra crispy texture in the salad!)

211. Ann Paquette-Lukens says:

My mom used to make something similar & I always forget to ask for the recipe. Now I can use this one!

212. Oh wow! That looks really good and affordable. I am saving this so I can make it too. I love that it looks like it was ordered for an Asian restaurant.

213. Deborah D says:

I love cole slaw so I will make this.

214. I made this and it is delicious. Thanks for the recipe.

215. Melissa T says:

Yum! I have to try this one. I’m a fan of anything with Asian flavors.

216. I like that you would get 3 different crunchies from the almonds, the ramen & the Chinese noodles. I might add some sesame oil to the dressing.

slehan at juno dot com

217. This looks and sounds delicious! I love all the “crunchy” in it along with the Asian flavors! Thanks for the recipe! ๐Ÿ™‚

218. Marin Mandrick says:

I have never heard of this before, it looks yummy! I’m going to have to try it

219. Melinda stephens says:

I’ve made something similar to this before, but I have never heard of toasting the ramen. I’ll have to try doing that.

220. You could add some raisins to it for a sweet bite. Don’t use corn oil unless it’s organic.

221. Jessilee Raub says:

This sounds good, and I know even better to my mom, something to keep in mind to makes something different and special for her.

222. cheryl lister says:

One of my favorite recipes! In fact, I am making it today to take to my mom’s house for her birthday. I’ll mix it up tonight, but add the crunchy stuff just before serving.

223. My husband liked it. I’m not a big vegetable fan so it’s okay. I prefer regular coleslaw. This is nice for a change of pace.

224. Omg, this sounds (and looks) wonderful! I’ll definitely be making this very soon! Thanks for sharing! ๐Ÿ™‚

225. Marcia Lee says:

Thank you for the recipe for Asian Cabbage coleslaw. I love it.

226. This recipe is a must try in my kitchen. Definitely we will taste it this weekend.

227. Melissa Decroteau says:

We’ll I love ramen noodles. So I’ll try anything with them in it! This looks delicious!

228. This looks yummy! I love ramen noodles.

229. I have been wanting to try an asian slaw, so this is great! I wonder if they make gluten-free Ramen?

230. This looks so delicious! I love trying different things and I will definitely make this! Thanks for the recipe! ๐Ÿ™‚

231. finding this was perfect timing! I have so much cabbage and didnt know what to do with it!!! Cant wait to try it tonight. It also might work for my next work potluck. Thanks

232. Maria Iemma says:

As a diabetic I love this recipe because it is very glycemic friendly. It is hard to find recipes that I can make and still keep to my diet.

233. Gale McCarron says:

What a great spin on ramen noodles, which always reminded me of Chinese food, which I love. The cabbage actually makes it nutritious as well. Can’t wait to try!

234. This looks so yummy. I need to try this recipe.

235. I love this recipe. Looks delicious and easy to make!

236. Susan Johnson says:

I am going to have to try making this. I especially like the idea of toasting the ramen and almonds to give the salad extra savory flavor along with the sweet. I also never thought of using the flavor packet. Great ideas!

237. Christina Kelbel says:

Loooks and sounds pretty good. I love salads like this.

238. This looks scrumptious. Now to get the ingredients ๐Ÿ˜‰

239. mary jo mosier says:

Going to make this tonight for dinner, need something different after all that turkey:D

240. I see this being dinner tonight!

241. I’m always looking for a new recipe for cabbage, I love it and it is so good for you. I am looking forward to trying this!

242. This looks so awesome to me! Probably not a good thing at 2:30 in the morning, lol. I would really like to try this recipe. My Father in Law makes something pretty similar to this with beef ramen noodles and veggies. It was so good. This looks so good too, wish I had a bowl right about now. I will pin it so I have it.

243. Dianna Thomas says:

This sounds really good too!! Very similar to the Chinese Chicken salad we do here–I use a bag of the already slaw salade mix , and 1 chicken breast, diced and fried in seseame oil, and hot pepper flakes, but other than that it is very much the same– Oh ya I warm creamy p-nut butter and mix with the dressing too.. Boy this is a hit everyone enjoys it

244. That looks very tasty and affordable for the college student! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

I like this recipe. I think it is a great idea to toast the ramen noodles. It will lend a nice crispiness with the almonds and cabbage to the dish, so tha.t the finished product has a lot of different textures and tastes

246. candy kratzer wenzel says:

I like the way the dressing sounds. Should try it even on a regular salad.

247. This looks super duper yummy! Thank you for sharing.

248. This is a recipe both my sister and I would love and it surprised me with the ramen noodles. Looks like others have tried this from the comments and they loved it, I’m next to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

249. nancyfancypink says:

My husband LOVES coleslaw and this looks like a great twist on it. The noodles and almonds probably add a good crunch!

250. This sounds like something my husband would love. Thank you for posting.

251. nancyfancypink says:

I’ve been looking for some refreshing recipes for summer and this one looks like a winner! It sounds like there is a good variety of textures and flavors.

252. M.Clark says:

This is great for people who like Chinese food like me, instead of ordering this dish we can make our own. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

253. Kelly Faber says:

Oh yum! I am usually not really a fan of cabbage, but this looks good! What a great dish to bring to a family picnic or holiday side dish! My favorite part of the dish is the top romen noodles! Mmm

254. This sounds so good. So different from things I usually eat. I really think I would love this

255. This looks so good and you don’t even have to go to a restaurant to have it. This recipe sounds great. Thank you for sharing

This makes such a great summer meal for my family. I really appreciate this recipe. Thank you so much for sharing

This is such a great light meal on my new healthier diet. I really appreciate this great recipe. Thank you for sharing

258. That’s an interesting mixture. It sounds like it would be tasty. I’m not sure about the ramen noodles, but I’d be willing to give it a try.