Cinco De Mayo Recipes Healthy and Not So Healthy!

We have Mom’s night out this Saturday, so I was looking up some recipes of stuff. I found some GREAT ideas!! Check them out!

Mexican Lettuce Wraps and Spanish Rice

lettuceMile High Nachos!

mile-high-nachos-vert

Churro Truffles – how amazing does that sound?!

churro

Simple and Healthy Cinco De Mayo Dips

cinco6-1024x632

Cinco De Mayo Chili Lime Popcorn

IMG_53311

Taco Pizza – use of simple ingredients you already have!

cinco-de-mayo-taco-pizza

Mexican Layered Salad—-YUM

564fd98926a621dbee7e341f214a0847

Individual Layer Dip Cups – what a great idea!

tumblr_lzhb1n1pJq1qe49wpo1_500

Corona Lime Cupcakes from my favorite, Lauren Conrad!

47aa39a61fe35e3852de7a3a290fd3a8

Do you have a favorite recipe?!?

Disclosure: Some of these images were borrowed from the original posts/recipes through pinterest, so they are not my own work. Please visit their sites and check out their wonderful recipes and ideas.

Comments

1. These are some yummy resipes, esp. the corona lime cupcakes!

• limda moore says:

these recipies look great and easy to do. the Cinco de Mayo recipes look great for football days. ty for the idea.!

2. Jessie H says:

These look delicious. I’ll have to try making the Taco Pizza.

3. Ironically, we are eating Taco Pizza for dinner as we speak!! Those Churro Truffles look AMAZING!!!

4. stephanie HASTIE says:

Love Mexican food! I will have to try out some of there.

5. cindy hunt says:

love mexican I made cheesy chicken enchiladas-yummy

6. Lucy Lopez says:

This all looks delicious. I love the Individual Layer Dip Cups. Those will be great for my grandkids.

7. These recipes look delicious, definitely bookmarking this for next year.

8. I love the popcorn idea. A big hit at our house is garlic salt on popcorn!

9. Carolyn K says:

This nachos look SO good! Now I’ll be craving some all day. ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Nicole D says:

These receipes look so yummy! Especially the cupcakes. I am gonna make then for sure.

11. Samantha Vermeulen says:

That Mexican layered salad looks amazing!!!

12. Beanybopp says:

I like the Individual Layer Dip Cups idea! With this you don’t have to worry about other double dipping or crowding around the dip bowl. I never liked putting dip on my plate either because it’s just so hard to get all of it esp if it’s more of a liquid texture to it (then it gets all over your food).

13. cheryl lister says:

individual layered dip cups – that is an inspirational idea! double-dipping allowed!

14. Cassandra Kelton says:

OMG the individual layer dip cups – HAVE to make these for next cookout. How cute and delicious looking! I hate when a big dish of layered dip is completely trashed after only a few people dig into it! ๐Ÿ™‚

15. Linda Bradshaw says:

Wow! Those look amazing!! I would love to make them all!!

16. Rebecca Peters says:

Mile high nachos! Woo! That would be soooo delicious, cant get enough nachos! ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks!

17. Samantha Creason says:

Mexican is one of our favorite foods groups! I love taco pizza, so yummy and the kids love it too!

18. KELLY MILLS says:

My husband loves lettuce wraps. I will have to try this for our road trip. thank you

19. texasrose777 says:

MMMM ! Not just for Cinco de Mayo! These recipes have inspired me to start a weekly Mexican food buffet. Healthy, lots of fiber, and leftovers in the fridge to grab and go and pack for lunches. My mouth is watering :>

20. Beanybopp says:

Good lord the Mile high nachos look delicious!! Of course I think that I would be paying for it later if I ever ate it! lol I love nachos so I might just have to take the risk and make them!

21. This is a great collection of recipes. How did I not see this post until today? LOL

Most of these recipes offer a fun twist on the standard Mexican dishes I often make. I’m always looking for something different–but not TOO different–and you’ve certainly pointed me in that direction. Thanks!

22. Victoria C says:

I am definitely going to be trying some of these. My husband loves mexican food but all I know how to make are tacos and enchiladas and that gets boring, I can’t wait to try the lettuce wraps

23. Beanybopp says:

The taco pizza looks good! It didn’t even look like a pizza until I read the description and really looked at the picture lol Looks like it would be messy! I usually end up eating meat off of my plate after eating tacos because of it falling out of my shells so it wouldnt be anything different if I would eat the pizza with a fork. lol

24. PF Sweepstakes says:

I make pretty good chicken quesadillas, and looking into getting a basket for the grill.

25. courtney b says:

i love the dips! can i come to your house for cinco de mayo ? lol ๐Ÿ™‚ great job.. oh well, maybe next year!

26. K. Finn says:

The churro truffles look gourmet, so it’s great to know they’re easy to make.

27. Sherrie C. says:

Everything looks so good! I’m trying to lose weight and would love to make the Mexican Lettuce Wraps and Chili Lime Popcorn. They look delicious and easy to make. I really want to make the Churro Truffles but I’m afraid I’ll eat them all ๐Ÿ™‚

28. Becky Schollian says:

YUM!! Who doesn’t like Mexican food!! Thanks for these great recipes. I have a Rolodex just for recipes. i’ll be adding these for sure. I especially enjoy the Chili Lime Popcorn.

29. md kennedy says:

I tried those amazing churros and I agree with the comment the blogger put on her recipe – they are bite-size so you can eat TONS of them, right? Just sinful and perfect for a dessert buffet.

30. These all look deliicous! I know I’m going to be making the truffles sometime soon.

31. Katrina Angele says:

Wow. Not a great idea to look at this right before lunch. I am salivating! All of the above looks so delish. I especially want to try the Mexican Lettuce Wraps and Spanish Rice. And I’ll be making the individual dip cups at my next party. They will be a hit!

32. Laura P says:

I love Mexican food, it’s my favorite type of food to cook. The corona cupcakes look ridiculous – might need to make those pretty soon! One of my favorites too is Oaxaca corn of the cob… with queso fresco and some chili powder on the grill… perfect for summer! Thanks for sharing these!

33. Sherry Compton says:

Checked out the Churro Truffles…Look and sound wonderful. I love Mexican, too. We often go out for it but you are too stuffed after the meal for dessert. Great way to have a Mexican dessert at home

34. jlfree10 says:

wow! these look so awesome! I would really love to try the Individual Layer Dip Cups! That would definitely help satisfy the germ freaks in my family!

35. Lindsay hamilton says:

omg… my husband has never heard of churros (crazy right?!?!) so im definetly going to have to make those! and he loves key lime, so i think the cupcakes are a go too!

Oh and maybe some of the healthier stuff too! Haha

36. Mmm! The nachos look so good. I haven’t really had any pregnancy cravings thus far – I’m at 32 weeks – but I could definitely go for some nachos. I’ll have to try out the recipe this week!

37. karol day says:

Man these look good! One of my favorite cinco de mayo recipes is bacon corn. It isn’t “mexican” but since we are already grilling I add it on!! Just wrap raw bacon around raw corn, then foil and grill 15 mi ns!

38. tia albright says:

i want tacos now ๐Ÿ™‚ looks delicious

39. Cara Daymude says:

I love Mexican food if it’s not spicy I like I love your idea for mexican popcorn and the Corona Cupcakes I think are my Favorite . Gonna have to repin this to my recipie board so I can make these Great recipes you posted thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

40. I really liked the churro truffles and mexican popcorn. I can’t believe how easy it seems to make.

41. Amanda Thompson says:

I would love to have a big pile of those Mile High Nachos and a Corona Lime Cupcake (or two)!!

42. MaryAnn says:

The mile high nachos look really good. They would work for Sunday football games as well.

43. Becky Schollian says:

We made the churro truffle Muffins yesterday and they were the “Bomb!!. Recipe made enough for breakfast this morning. thanks fore the recipes!!

44. Belinda says:

Those mile high nachos look and sound delicious! My hubby and kids all love mexican food and I’m always looking for new recipes!

45. I would try it all any time of the year!

46. Michelle Heasley says:

I love the layer dip cup recipe. That is a great idea. Everything else looks great too.

47. Brittany F. says:

I love churros! I’m going to have to try that one.

48. OMG the churro truffles look amazing! I love churros too.

49. Michelle F. says:

The Churro Truffles look amazing!

50. These all look great and I can’t wait for Christmas this year. My Hubby’s family does mexican for Christmas eve dinner and I am excited to use one of these for something different this year! Woo Hoo!!

51. The corona lime cupcakes seem interesting. They would be fun to take to a party.

52. Stacey Roberson says:

The churro truffles sound amazing. I loves churros as a teenager! Great recipes here!

53. Alexis C. says:

I really love Mexican food and would love to try some of these recipes. I would never have thought to make a Taco Pizza, I will def. have to try it out! Thanks for the ideas!

54. Anna Lee says:

Mexican food is one of our favorites, and I am always looking for new recipes. Can’t wait to try these ones. Especially the Mexican pizza one.

55. Kristina L. says:

I love Nachos could eat them day and night, the individual dip cups are a cute idea, I like that. There are a lot of

56. Tiffany Schmidt says:

Um, yes please. Can you cater a function for me?! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    The cupcakes look professionally made. Great job!

57. Emily Fell says:

I love Mexican food, so just about everything looks good. I especially want to make churro truffles and some guacamole!

58. Sophia Carr says:

I was looking at these ideas with my husband and he thought it was so cool for the Individual Layer Dip Cups to be pre-made for everyone to grab their own. He was wondering why we had never thought of that before! ๐Ÿ™‚

59. Jennifer Aldridge says:

Alright, I’m going to have to try those Corona Lime cupcakes. Sounds interesting. The fruit salsa dip also is going to be added to my list of must-trys. YUM!

60. The mile high nachos look mouth watering!

61. Those all look good – I really like the small cups with the dip. We have a dip we make in a large pan that we often use for ‘football-type’ days and sometimes just as a dinner. It is pretty easy – with re-fried beans, nacho cheese sauce, cooked ground meat (or you can use chicken), salsa, shredded cheese and you can add or replace the ingredients and you just put in the oven around 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and it is really good, thanks!

62. I love cinco de mayo!!!!

63. Rebecca N says:

The popcorn looks amazing

64. Gina Hiskes says:

Churro truffles?! That sounds amazing! I’m all for any form of truffle ๐Ÿ˜‰ I think they’d be perfect for Christmas, too!

65. The taco pizza sounds really good and a great way to use up leftovers

66. Christina A. says:

Mile high nachos sound delicious! I might just have to try it out!

67. i really want to try the churro truffles. they look delicious!

68. The churro bites sound delicious and easy.

69. I love the recipe for the Churro Truffles ( I love dessert recipes). Would it be ok to replace the white chocolate chips with Dark Chocolate chips?

70. love the churro truffles!

71. Alex Jenner says:

YUm! I have leftover taco meat from last night, I’m going to try the taco pizza tonight! Thanks for the post!

72. I HAVE to make those corona cupcakes! I wonder if you really get the flavor. I recently made a dark ale cupcake and the were SOOOO good!

73. The corona lime cupcakes look sooooo gooood will have to make them very soon

74. Of these recipes I definitely am salivating over the churro truffles… but I better make sure I have a special occasion to make them or I might eat them all myself… mmm

75. The individual dip cups are adorable but they seem like a lot of work

76. Rebecca Parsons says:

I love mexican food so I am going to have to go with the Mexican Salad.

77. Michael Lambert says:

Most of these sounds really good. Will have to give some of them a try, thank you for sharing.

78. The mexican layered salad looks so pretty in that glass bowl and seems really easy.

79. I don’t have any favorites,but all of these look incredibly delicious!

80. The mile high nachos look good with the churro truffles as a dessert. Lots of the other ones are delicious looking too. I will have to pin alot of these. thanks I am always looking for new foods and recipes to make

81. churro truffles?! Sounds amazing ๐Ÿ™‚

82. Courtney T says:

ooh i like the churro truffles. i think that would be a great idea for a party! so cute. and i’m a sucker for lime flavored desserts, so the corona lime cupcake looks so yummy!

83. natalie parvis says:

I know I’m a little late, but these are some delicious looking recipes, for Cinco De Mayo, or any other time!

84. Aleah Long says:

I am really interested in trying out the popcorn recipe. My family loves popcorn and I am always looking for different things to do with it. Thanks for the idea!

85. They all look good. But I think the taco pizza and salad look the best. I love mexican food. I was born on Cinco De Mayo also.

86. Hayley McDonald says:

I’m so excited I found these recipes! I’ve been dying to try a taco pizza with my husband, and this looks like the perfect one!!! I can’t wait to make it : )

87. i love the corona cupcakes and the little mini 7 layer dip in a cup! these all look so good, but im super curious as to how the corona cupcakes taste lol!

88. I love the idea of the individual layer dip cups. Can’t wait to try it!

89. What beautiful food! I would love to try several of these recipes but especially the Churro Truffles, these look especially yummy.

90. I just read the recipe for the mile high nachos. I am drooling all over my keyboard. Definatly am going to make these soon. I hope they look and taste as good as the picture!

91. Mmmm those look delicious! We love Mexican food in our house, and I want to try the churro truffles. What a cute little dessert!

92. wow, I loveeee churros and those truffles sounds awesome!!!! Definitely I want to try them!!! <3

93. rebeccabasset says:

I love the idea of Churro Truffles! I can’t wait to try these! My Step Mom makes this Dip every Holiday but never in the single cups, such a neat idea. Thanks for the Post and the Recipe Sites!

94. Brooke Deegan says:

These look amazing!

95. Looks Great!

96. Looks Great!!

97. Oh. My. Gosh. I’ve been using the same Cinco de Mayo recipes literally my whole life, I can’t WAIT to try these out! Churro truffles?? WHAT?! Life changing, lol.

98. As a pregnant woman, I am salivating looking at these pictures! Those mile high nachos…oh dear!! And I need to try the Churro Truffles!!

99. yummy churro truffles! I cant wait to try them!

100. tried some of the recipes yesterday and everyone enjoyed them

101. What a great spread! Cinco de Mayo has such great menu options. I especially love the churro truffle recipe, have not seen anything like that before YUM!

102. Lynn Buttedal says:

Mile high nachos! They look amazing and my husband would love them! Coing to try this week!

103. I always try a new cake/cupcake every year for my birthday. Seeing as how I love Corona, and I love cupcakes, I don’t see how this wouldn’t be a success!!

104. The individual layered dip cups are a wonderful idea! No more double-dipping. Lol! The Mile High Nachos are my favorite of all!

105. These sound great! I’m inspired to try the dips one day, and the corona cupcakes! How many have you made?

106. Christina Strapp says:

Most of these recipes look really good. I have pinned several of them to give them a try. Thank you for sharing.

107. My family loves Mexican food, but I don’t make it often because it seems so unhealthy. I’ll definitely try serving up some of these dishes.

108. Mexican food is my passion ๐Ÿ˜€

109. krystal rivera says:

O M G those are some great and festice recipes i totally am going to print a bunch of these for my kitchen recipe wall thanks for sharing you are a kitchen genuius

110. The taco pizza looks tasty, but I think I’d substitute turkey for the beef. Little healthier that way.

111. Thank you for giving an example of a healthy recipe. Its is so hard to be healthy for Cinco de Mayo!

112. nancy scaggs says:

the individual layered dip cups makes a lot of sense, and easier to serve at a party. and eliminates double dipping problem. very creative idea. im going to have to try that.

113. Those churro truffles look divine!! I love churros, but those look much neater/easier to eat! ๐Ÿ™‚

114. Sound great, can’t wait to try it next year.

115. I’ve got to try the corona lime cupcakes! Those look amazing!

116. Susan Johnson says:

I love Mexican food, and churros are no exception. These look delicious! I used to love to go to Price Club (now Costco) in AZ as a kid and get one of their hot churros. I can’t wait to try these truffles out! Thanks for the recipe!

117. That taco pizza brings back memories of when my family would order pizza our favorite was taco pizza!

118. OMG! the nachos look sooo good. not exactly the healthiest but sometimes you have to splurge right!? lol

119. Rebecca Peters says:

Heck yes to taco pizza. I always order it at taco bell lol. It would be cool to make an extra large one since I always tend to need 2 ๐Ÿ˜›

120. Shakeia Rieux says:

I love mexican food.I will definitely have to try these recipes,everything looks good.

121. LORRAINE STEWART says:

The Cinco De Mayo Dips look amazing … I am definitely trying those.

122. These recipes looks amazing! They are perfect for football season!

123. The churro truffles look amazing!

124. I am starting to comment a 2nd time on some of your recipes because I have made some of them! I made the individual layer dip cups for a potluck at my work and they were delicious. I actually thought they were pretty too. All the different layers of color! People really seemed to enjoy them. Thank you!

125. Lyn Johnson says:

All of these recipes look soooo good! I want to try them all! My family absolutely loves Mexican food so they will be happy for sure! Thanks for sharing.

126. Deborah D says:

These recipes all look so good. Let the fun begin!!!!!!

127. Great ideas for some unique recipes for May 5!

128. Those lettuce wraps look sinfully good. My cholesterol is too high, so I would leave out the cheese, but still…

129. I love the individual layer dip cups! That’s a great idea! The Mexican layer salad is gorgeous. Makes me wish I had a container…or dish to display such a feast for the eyes. What do you call that thing the salad is in? I know I’ve heard the word somewhere.

130. I do think I’ll have to give the Corona Lime Cupcakes a try this weekend. I think they would be great after the chili we’re having for the football game on Sunday.

131. Lime cupcakes and lime and chili popcorn would find a place in my stomach!

132. Thanks for sharing great recipes! We are always looking for something new! ๐Ÿ™‚

133. Suzy Hoekendorf says:

I love Mexican food, and I especially love Churros! Definitely will have to give those Churro Truffles a try, I’ve never even heard of that before! I love making and trying new things, so I’m excited to kick up our Mexican meals with something a little different and new – probably try the Mexican Pizza this week! Thanks!

134. i totally love the individual dip cups i hate sharing my dip i am too ocd for the double dippers so you made my day with a delicious new recipe

135. this really looks good i know my family would like this and its healthy so that is even better

136. These are great! I love the individual cups of layer dip.

137. md kennedy says:

Churro Truffles – what an awesome concept? I’d serve them with some thick chocolate on the side for dipping! Great recipe – thanks!

138. Sherry Compton says:

Cinco De Mayo, like all holidays…and days, are a blend of healthy and unhealthy. The photos all look yummy and wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

139. Jessilee Raub says:

I love the idea of the individual layer dip, portion control and less possible sharing germs.

140. The Mile High Nachos look heavenly. I like the layer dip in a cup, we did that for Easter and it’s so good. These are really some good ideas for munchies at parties. Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

141. natalie parvis says:

I just want to grab a straw and go to town on that second one.

142. I would like to try the cupcakes. They look delicious. I like most Mexican food. I’ll have to try some of these.

143. cheryl lister says:

A lot of yummy things to try! I especially want tpo try the popcorn with a splash of lime juice.

144. Churro Truffles, are you kidding me? I’m going to have to make those for my hubby. He grew up in CA and loves a good Churro!

145. cheryla lister says:

I looked at the recipe for the Corona Lime Cupcakes and really want to try those. Never thought of putting beer into a cake batter, then brushing some on the top after baking. Looking forward to these.

146. The popcorn looks amazing! We have an airpopper, so I am always looking for new flavors. Once I am done with this pregnancy, I can’t wait to try a Corona Lime Cupcake as well!

147. Melissa Decroteau says:

Those individule 7 layer dip cups are genius! Perfect for a party so people aren’t digging their fingers in Luther peoples food!

148. Churro truffles are a really creative idea! They look good too. So do those cupcakes. I’ll have to consider some of these things if I ever decide to have a Cinco party.

149. The churro truffles sound amazing. My hubby would really like the corona cupcakes too.

150. We have a pot luck at work every year which we call “grazing day!” We eat all day and have left overs for the rest of the week. I am so making the individual layer cups. Great idea.I love the layer dips but you have to slide the chip and dip all over your plate. I can have some dished up or they can make their own.

151. Jennifer A. says:

This looks like it would make a wonderful Cinco De Mayo Party! I especially love the little “Churro Truffles”! ๐Ÿ˜€

Thank you for sharing!

152. Marcia Lee says:

I love every bit of your Cinco de Mayo recipes. I was going to comment on the Mexican Lettuce Wraps and Spanish Rice because they looked so appealing, but then I saw the truffles and my mouth started watering. But when I was starting to go to the comments, I glimpsed the Corona Lime Cupcakes and I knew I had fallen in love. I’ve got to try them all.

153. I Love Love LOVE the idea of the Individual Layer Dip Cups for nachos!!! That is seriously brilliant and I almost like it better than everyone digging into one big dip, or even dishing out of one big dish because the dip itself really starts to look bad once you have had so many people scoop/spoon out of it.

154. The Cinco de Mayo popcorn looks delicious. We love popcorn and are always looking for a new way to spice it up. Thanks!

155. they are look so good i love the recipes and i love tring new ones also expecially when they are healthy ones thanks for sharing this. my family i think would like these

156. every thing here looks so delicious and i am sure taste wonderful..Cinco De Mayo is a wonderful time to celebrate!!!

157. I’d like the popcorn. Spicy and good for you.

158. I would love to try that cinco de mayo popcorn. My husband loves popcorn so much, and with spices he would love it. I need to try it for his next snack!.

159. Those look like they have flavour! A great recipe!

160. THe mexican wraps and spanish rice look really good. I love spanish rice. I’d love to try the cinco de mayo popcorn. The Corona Lime Cupcakes look and sound amazing and I love Lauren Conrad also!

161. Taco pizza sounds like a good one as we all like taco’s and we can have the Corona Lime cupcakes for dessert too. thanks for all the great Cinco De Mayo recipes

162. Lisa Kerr says:

I would love to make the Churro Truffles and the Mexican Layered Salad! But everything looks delicious! Thank you for sharing these recipes ๐Ÿ™‚

163. Those individual layer dip cups look fantastic! Thanks for sharing the ideas!

164. I LOVE Mexican food!

165. The Corona cupcakes look delicious. ๐Ÿ™‚

166. cheryl lister says:

I want to make your individual dip cups for our Friday night group. Our potluck theme tomorrow is “red and green.” These little cups would be perfect with the fresh flavor and color of some cilantro and tomatoes added in.

167. Jennifer Hiles says:

Everything looks so wonderful! I had never even heard of Churro Truffles before but I would love to try them!

168. oooh I saved the cupcake recipe for later, everything looks delicious

169. I love the churro truffle idea! I cant wait to make all of these recipes. Getting great ideas for my wedding shower.

The Mile High Nachos have so much ground beef and cheese in them that that alone makes them tremendous before you add all the other delicious ingredients . They are a good addition to the Cinco de Mayo recipes.

The Churro Truffles are an amazingly inventive idea – to combine the taste of fried cinnamon donuts in a truffle. If you are using cream cheese and white chocolate I am instantly a fan.

172. I’d like to try the Churro Truffles, they look delicious. I think a little cup of layer dip might be hard to access, I would need a bigger cup. Thank you for sharing these recipe links.

173. Each of these recipes is outstanding on its own – looking at them altogether is like the fireworks at the end – a real show! those truffles and the cupcakes – it’s lunchtime and I’m hungry, too! All of these make a nice presentation for bringing to a buffet or picnic!

174. Taco pizza, yummm, that is a great idea for dinner tonight

I love the idea of individual layered dip cups. You all the delicious ingredient in one cup so although it is good, it is a controlled portion size

176. I love nachos! So yummy and always a fave.

177. Everything looks so good. I am loving the Spanish Rice!!!!

178. Churro Truffles and Corona Lime Cupcakes look/sound amazing!!!!

179. The popcorn looks so good and I usually hate popcorn.

180. darlene says:

Great ideas! I really love the Individual Layer Dip Cups. The Churro Truffles also look delicious.

181. I love Mexican food. The spicier, the better. I’ll have to try a few of these recipes.

182. Some of those recipes sound pretty good. I usually go to taco bell. I know it’s not authentic Mexican food, but it tastes good.

183. Yum! I love it all!