Mmmm Fresh Florida Shrimp!

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Fresh From Florida. All opinions are 100% mine.

As someone who has lived in Florida for my whole life (just until recently) and grew up seating seafood, I can tell you that Florida has the best and freshest seafood, especially shrimp! There’s nothing better than eating Fresh from Florida, especially shrimp. There’s about a million and one ways you can cook it too. There has been a strong push towards wholesome and fresh foods to help foster a healthier lifestyle. This is great news if you’re from Florida because they have some fresh, wholesome, and local options.

This December, I’d like to encourage you to try out some local Florida Shrimp and share the recipes with your friends and family for the holiday season. There are so many different recipes out there, I’m sure you will find the perfect one. Check out Fresh From Florida to find out where to purchase fresh ingredients, such as Florida Shrimp.

Here’s a great recipe that I am just dying to recreate, and it just screams Florida to me, since Florida is tropical:

Spicy Tropical Shrimp

Photo Credit: FreshFromFlorida.com

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined

1 cup diced pineapple

1/2 cup diced water chestnuts

2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 tablespoons honey

1 tablespoon minced garlic

2 teaspoons soy sauce

1- Combine ALL ingredients and toss well together. Chill for 2 hours to let the shrimp marinate. Drain, and then place on broiler pan.

2- Broil for 3-4 inches from heat source for 3 to 4 minutes until the shrimp turns opaque and the pineapple begins to brown. (This will happen quick, so don’t walk away!)

That’s it, super simple and just a few ingredients. This would be absolutely wonderful to serve over some white or brown rice, or even a mixed greens salad with a citrus vinaigrette dressing. There’s nothing more tropical than a light healthy meal made with delicious, fresh, Florida shrimp.

Make sure you stop by and check out Fresh From Florda on their social media:

Facebook | Twitter

Now I’d like to hear from you, what is YOUR favorite Shrimp dish or recipe???

Visit Sponsor's Site

Comments

1. I love shrimp, and this recipe sounds amazing! I don’t personally cook shrimp, not that it’s hard. I just make my husband handle the seafood preparation. I love to eat it, but I hate the smell of raw seafood! Anyway, this sounds delicious! I’ll have to see if I can get him to make this for me!

2. Michelle F. says:

Those look so good. I love water chestnuts.

3. I would have never thought to put honey and pineapple together. This sounds incredible!

4. I love shrimp and don’t have nearly enough recipies to make them. I am so glad i found this page. Yesterday I saw the banana bread recipe and now this one! Thanks so much, my family will be so happy that I can cook better now LOL

5. I love shrimp! This looks yummy!

6. This sounds so good. I like shrimp so I sure would make this recipe for our dinner one night. thanks for the recipe

7. cheryl lister says:

This is such a healthy light dish. Just wish shrimp wasn’t so expensive.

8. I love shrimp. This recipe looks really good!!!!!

9. I enjoy shrimp. There are only two ways that I’ve eaten it. My favorite is plain with cocktail sauce. The other is breaded in cocktail sauce.

10. This is a very interesting recipe I have never heard of a shrimp recipe that uses honey. It looks very good in the pictures and sounds good to. Thank you, Jerri Davis

11. I would like this very much. However it is impossible to get fresh Florida shrimp in Colorado. I will try it on some frozen shrimp I have.

12. md kennedy says:

I so wish we got Florida shrimp where I live – I can only find shrimp imported from Asia and they are not sustainable, or healthy.

13. Maria Iemma says:

I love shrimp – specially Fra Diablo…we do not have Florida shrimp and usually buy the frozen ones that are already peeled and deveined.

14. I’ve always liked shrimp but when I moved to Florida I learned to love shrimp. This recipe sound yummy but I thin I’ld skip the water chestnuts. (My spouse doesn’t like them & I could take ’em or leave ’em, so I leave em.)

15. Dianna Thomas says:

mmmmmmm–this looks wonderful– I can’t say I have ever had Florida Shrimp, let a lone in a dish such as this one. I looks really easy to make–Never had them spicy either—this is wonderful — I am a big fan of shrimp and easy recipes, get me in and out of the kitchen work fast–there are so many other things to do.. THanks for sharing

16. I love shrimp any way and this looks so delicious! Never been to Florida to try theirs

17. That shrimp looks really good and with healthy sides! Thanks for sharing the information on Florida seafood.

18. This looks delicious. My family loves shrimp and I know they would love your recipe. Thank you for sharing.

19. My husband loves shrimp, but I can’t do the spicy. I wonder what makes this spicy? hmm. I like how easy it looks to!

20. My favorite way to eat shrimp is unbreaded, dipped in cocktail sauce. Very basic. I don’t cook so tend to go with whatever is easiest.

21. I love shrimp! Thanks for sharing this recipe, it sounds like a great idea!

22. David Smith says:

I really love shrimp and this recipe looks like it would be excellent. I was a little hungry before reading this, now I am really hungry. Thanks for the recipe. Iam going to have to give it a try.

23. Definitely looks delicious and I like all of the flavors involved in the sauce…. I will definitely try this and let you know how I liked it! I Love anything with shrimp… so this is a nice way to prepare them.

24. Sherry Compton says:

I love shrimp, and the best ones are from close to the ocean. The shrimp is always bigger and fresher when I go to visit my son in Florida. Yum! The pineapple would be good in Florida, too.

25. Jennifer Hiles says:

The photo made me drool a little 🙂 Looks just delicious. I would love to give this recipe a try. I’m not sure mine would look quite so nice though.

26. OH man! I love shrimp, and so does the hubby, and 8 year old! I wish I lived closer to the ocean to get it nice and fresh! But I have frozen, and I will definitely give this a try! 🙂

27. Tamarae Ellis says:

This sounds delightful! It reminds me of a dish I had in Hawaii that was the best shrimp I have had in ages!! I can’t wait to try this at home! I may try it with other fish too, to see if it works! Maybe tacos too?

28. This looks so good! I’m allergic to sea food, and it really sucks. My daughter and nieces love shrimp so I’ll have to tell them about this recipe. Thank you for sharing 🙂

29. Gale McCarron says:

One of my favorite foods to eat. Shrimp! This combination sounds devine, and easy enough to make. Thanks!

30. I rally do not eat red meat so i love to make shrimp for me when i make my husbands steak and this recipe looks like something new and fresh I will try this very soon. We do a seafood dinner New Years day this will have to be added to the menu.

31. Shrimp is one of my favorite dishes- this recipe looks fabulous, and easy to make too! Thanks for sharing, I will be sure to try this one out!

I love shrimp and I love this recipe. It is tropical meets Asian, so an east-west fusion of flavors without vinegar – to which my husband is allergic.

33. Cynthia Cover says:

I love this, shrimp is something we miss here in NE. In florida I would get it all the time, talk about YUMMY!. I love that you put in pineapple too, mixing it up!

34. I don’t have a favorite shrimp recipe, this one sounds great! I recall when I was in Florida, going to a fish market, you can get seafood practically right off the boat – sooo good! I noticed the fruit grown there tastes better than that which is shipped out, common sense, but you don’t really know what a mango, papaya or lychee tastes like until you have one right from the source! I must try Florida shrimp!

35. Mary Fagans says:

I love seafood, and this looks so good!! I don’t think I’ve eer had Florida shrimp but I would love to try this recipe, thanks for posting!!

36. looks great love shrimp

37. My family loves shrimp so we’ll have to give this one a try!

38. Tanya Holland says:

My husband and son love shrimp. I don’t eat it due to allergies but I think I will make this for them to enjoy.

39. Baked Stuffed Shrimp is my all-time shrimp recipe favorite. I do like all the ingredients in your Tropical Shrimp recipe and will be happy to make it soon for my family and myself.

40. kelly mcgrew says:

mmmm this looks healthy and yummy! i would love this on a skewer!! 🙂

41. yummy!I really love Shrimp,I’m gonna try this!

42. I know I would love this dish. The flavors sound amazing.

43. Christina says:

Mmmmm. This sounds so good. Makes me want to go and buy some shrimp. I thought when I read the title that I would have to cut out some of the spice (for the littles) but it seems just right to me.

44. daysi morales says:

I love shrimp:) Thanks for sharing this recipe, it sounds like a great idea

45. I love, love shrimp but I have never made it this way. Thanks for sharing the recipe because I am definitely going to make this. It’s so easy and looks so delicious.
    Carol L

I love shrimp and one of my favorite recipes is made with sour cream , onions and mushrooms. This recipe is delicious too and your topical version is not too spicy.

47. Erin Knack says:

I am 8 months pregnant with baby #3. All throughout this pregnancy I have been craving shrimp. This is looks so flippin’ good! I am eager to try this!

48. I like all the ingredients in this recipe. I wish I lived in Florida, but only for the fresh fish.

49. I like spicy food so this sounds wonderful. However I am not a fan of water chestnuts or pineapple so I’d leave those out. I think it would work just as well leaving those two ingredients out. Thank you for sharing 🙂

50. I picked this one to comment on because it looked the most natural and healthy! I love shrimp and love how easy it is to cook with! Two questions 1. Do I have to do it for two hours like can I just coat and cook?? Also will marinating it over night make it weird with acid from the pineapple? 2. Can I just pan sear this until golden brown??

51. I love shrimp but I don’t like pineapple that much so I probably won’t use that lol Thanks for sharing 🙂

52. joanna garcia says:

we are from florida and love shrimpt love this recipe will have to try it out!

53. Dorothy Boucher says:

this sounds like a wonderful recipe but i am not much of a seafood eater, i do eat seafood but nothing that isn’t cleansed… thanks for sharing

54. peggy fedison says:

mmmmmm i love shrimp. this recipe looks delish!!! thanks for sharing

55. My family and I love shrimp and are always looking for new, yummy recipe’s to make! Thank you for sharing and I can’t wait to make this 🙂

56. Kelsey B. says:

This looks amazing

57. Tatiana Bartlett says:

This sounds so good! My three year old LOVES shrimp, so it’ll be nice to have another recipe to try 🙂

For some reason I have never tried to combine tropical fruit with shrimp and I think I would love that combination. Moreover, this recipe is not hot. just nice Asian flavors.

59. Rachel brown hester says:

This looks so good. I have a major sweet tooth and love shrimp! I think the fresh seafood was the best part of living in Florida!

60. I adore shrimp – especially shrimp scampi. I’d have to modify this recipe as soy sauce triggers migraines for me.

I do enjoy a good shrimp recipe and I make it in many different ways. I made the mistake of not letting it marinate for 2 hours (only about 10 minutes) and I am definitely to do better in following your explicit directions the next time I make this soy/pineapple marinade.

62. Alison Gibb says:

I always make baked stuffed shrimp. It is yummy but getting a little bit boring. I am going to try this recipe. It looks easy and yummy!

63. This looks delicious, and the great thing about this marinade is that it can probably be used with any protein, not just shrimp. I like to eat breaded shrimp with a dipping sauce. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

64. I could eat shrimp every day. It is easy to overcook though. I like mine breaded with cocktail sauce.

65. My husband would love this recipe. Thank you for sharing.

66. Wow, I love shrimp, but now realize I haven’t had any for years! I could imagine using this marinade for other recipes, too. Love that pineapple addition with soy, etc. wow!

67. Seems like I always have shrimp either breaded or shrimp scampi but this would be a different one and one we would enjoy

68. nancyfancypink says:

I love shrimp and this looks tasty and healthy! Thanks

69. What a healthy and simple recipe. Thank you for sharing.

70. Simple and fresh recipe. My husband would love it. Thank you again for sharing.

71. M.Clark says:

This looks delicious. My favorite shrimp recipe is for shrimp balls, yum!! Thank you for sharing this recipe.

72. Terri S says:

This looks incredible! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe with us.

73. I live in Florida also and I love shrimp. This recipe really sounds good so I will give it a try. Thank you for sharing

Yum!!! We dont ever get an fresh from florida fish here in wisconsin lol!! Im so super jealous! Fresh seafood is just amazing!