Recipe: Easy Homemade Baked Potato Soup

BakedPotatoSOup1

I know I have tried almost every recipe out there for potato soup, you know all the ones that claim to be copycats of the best steak house recipes. My favorite is Outback Steakhouse’s Baked Potato Soup, and I have been trying to recreate it for almost 10 years. This is the closest I have come to it, so I wanted to share my recipe with my readers. Of course you can always tweak this how you need to. This is a very thick soup, or Stewp as Rachael Ray would say!

PotatoSoup1Ingredients:
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 lbs of potatoes, scrubbed clean, skins on
8oz bag/block of shredded cheddar cheese
2 stalks of celery, diced
Sour Cream
Green Onions

-Bake your potatoes until they are soft, just as if you were making a baked potato. I did mine in the microwave. (Don’t forget to pierce them so they don’t explode) Set them aside to cool so you can peel them.
-Cook your bacon in a large pan, remove grease except for 2-3 tablespoons, on low/med heat.
-Saute your onions in the bacon grease until they become translucent, add in the garlic. celery, salt, and pepper.
-Pour in your chicken stock and bring to a low boil. Stir frequently.
-Pour in 3 cups of milk, stir.
-In a separate sauce pan, melt the butter, add in the flour while whisking to make a roux. Let this cook for a min or so, do not let it burn.
-Whisk in 1 cup of the milk to the sauce pan, don’t stop whisking or it will be lumpy. You are making the thickening agent to the soup. Once this has thickened, pour into large soup pot while whisking in the soup pot.
-In a separate bowl, peel the skins off of your potatoes. Cube your potatoes, and mash about 1/2 of them. Throw them into the soup pot.
– Once that comes together, pour in the entire 8oz bag of cheese.
-Stir, taste, and add seasoning as needed. I also add in about 1/3 of the chopped, cooked bacon at this point.
-Serve in a bowl with cheese, bacon, green onions, and sour cream.
-Enjoy.

potatosoup2

Comments

1. I love potato soup! It’s so warm and yummy in the wintertime. This recipe looks great!

2. Oh my! This looks and sounds delicious! I love potato soup, but have never made it because I’m somewhat intimidated by it, but I think I can do this! Thank you so much for sharing! πŸ™‚

3. aww this sounds so delicious and is my perfect soup winter recipe! I will try it this week.

4. cheryl lister says:

Mmmm, cheesy and full of bacon Sounds so good on a cold day like today.

5. That look great. The only potato soup I’ve tried was out of a can. It had a pasty taste. This is what potato soup should be.

6. This looks like a better alternative to eating baked potatoes. Every time we make baked potatoes they are never cooked all the way through.

7. I love potato soup and this sounds especially delicious! I will try it soon~

8. I love potato soup!!! This recipe is over the top. It looks better than what my mom makes!

9. Cara Markunas says:

I want to try this recipe. Perfect for a winter night!

10. Perfect comfort food! I can imagine coming in from shoveling snow to find this soup awaiting me (of course, in reality, I cook it, too!) But as long as I can have it, wowie!!!! This is a good one!

11. rebeka deleon says:

i don’t really think i would like a baked potato soup. i would much rather just have a baked potato with the works!

12. Aimee Buck says:

I think I will make this soup sometime. I like baked potatoes and I like soup so I think I would like this. Good job on the soup and the picture. The picture makes me want to eat the soup right now.

13. marissa lee says:

i never had this kind of soup..looks very good…will have to give it a try…i love potatoes.

14. My family LOVES baked potato soup and this one looks relatively easy….

15. I like the looks of this soup. I’d probably leave the potato skins on for mine.

16. md kennedy says:

Bacon? Bacon FAT? My husband is going to LOVE this for dinner! Of course, his diet isn’t, ut I do need to give him a cheat every once in a while to keep him motivated – thanks for a special one.

17. Michelle F. says:

looks good. great for this time of year.

18. Maria Iemma says:

I love potato soup and I like your recipe, sprinkled with bacon bits — everything is better with bacon. I am making this soup today — it is a bitter cold day and soup is so comforting

19. I will definitely try this. It;s easy and looks really good. It’s just me so easy works!

20. Piper Leigh says:

Potato soup is my favorite! I am always looking for new and simple recipes to try for this soup. πŸ™‚

21. Kelly Placek says:

I love potato soup & this recipe looks so easy to do! I’ll have to try making it for my family & see what they think!

22. I could eat potatoes every.single.day and never get tired of them. But I’ve never succeeded in making a decent homemade potato soup! I’ve now pinned this recipe and I can not wait to try it (probably this weekend!). Altho, if I’m not stingy, I’ll be adapting it to vegetarian (using vegetable broth and no bacon *sigh*) so I can share it with my husband πŸ™‚ …. I might have bacon on the side ..just for ME! πŸ˜€
    Thanks for sharing your recipe!

23. This soup looks delicious. I have never try potato soup. Thank you for your recipe and I can’t wait to try it.

24. My husband loves their soup also! I bet he would love this, but I can’t help thinking about all the dirty dishes it sounds like it produces…ugh. oh well still think I may try it soon! Thank you for sharing with us!

25. I just wanted to let you know that I made this and it tastes great. Mine doesn’t look as pretty but it’s the taste that counts. Thanks again!

26. This sounds wonderful and very yummy. Hubby and I enjoy a hearty “stewp” when it gets cold outside and this one definitely fits the bill. Thank you for sharing!

27. yummy!! this looks so good i am going to have to try it. i’m always looking for new soup ideas during the chilly winter months! thanks!!

28. Trisha Carlson says:

Yummy! Looks sooo good πŸ™‚ I defiantly want to try this..Thank you for sharing.

29. Dianna Thomas says:

oh this looks so good– not just a potatoe soup –its a meal with all sorts of goodies–looks like something I could make– and with one night at -40 with the wind chill we need very hot, filling good soupsI love the bacon and cheese on it that you for sharing and adding something to my recipe list

30. Tamarae Ellis says:

I LOVE Potato soup and this recipe is very similar to mine. I delete the sour cream and insert cayenne pepper for a little kick! Yes I just used computer terms. . .too much time online? Well its cold enough here that I am going to make some Potato Soup! May have to try your recipe (minus the SC because I just can’t!)

31. This is my all time favorite. I am trying it πŸ™‚

32. Brianna Knox says:

I LOVE potato soup! My Grandma-In-Law makes amazing potato soup, but I’ve never tried to make it myself. This sounds like the perfect dinner for a cold winter day!

33. candy kratzer wenzel says:

I love potato soup but never made it. I am definitely going to try this. Maybe tomorrow when it is going to snow 9in.

34. Sheri Ferguson says:

This sounds amazing! I think with this recipe I could whip it up myself. I’m not the best cook, but I think I can do this! πŸ˜‰

35. Jessica Parent says:

Mmmmmmmmmmmm…..This looks so good!!! Gonna hafta try it.I think even my picky kids would love it (we might leave out the sourcream though as my boys are not a huge fan (but baby girl and me will be putting it on ours )

36. i am sure this good for the body soul,and mommys to be….YAWSER-YAWSER!!

37. That homemade potato soup looks tasty. Homemade is so much better than cans.

38. I am a huge fan of potato soup and have never attempted to make it by hand bc well it looks hard. You have nearly taken that fear away. So hum don’t laugh but I’m gonna give it a good. Let’s hope it turns out well. May the cooking force be with me!

39. Look at those pieces of bacon. Boy does that look good and comforting!

40. Tanya Holland says:

This sounds like it would be easy enough to make . I think even my kids would eat it since they see the bacon. I know my husband would love it.

41. This looks and sounds delicious.Its been really cold here, and this will hit the spot! I’m going to try it tonight, Need the sour cream and green onions but already have the rest Nice job and good of you to share it with us. Thanks!

42. This looks and sounds absolutely delicious! I’m so going to make some this weekend for my family!

43. Potato soup in my favorite, especially cheesy ! I am bookmarking this to make! Thanks for the great recipe

44. Jennifer Hiles says:

This is my very favorite soup to make! I learned how to make it a couple years ago and now it’s a holiday tradition. I never thought to add the green onions. I think that’s a great idea! I will try it next time. πŸ™‚

45. OMG… this looks delicious!!! I am copying this recipe for myself… and it is so cold right now in the NorthEast… as well as damp, rainy and snowing… so a hot bowl of soup is perfect right now!!! There is an eatery in Myrtle Beach that made a soup like this… and it is a meal in itself! The eatery is called California Dreaming and they have delicious food!! Kudos to you and this fabulous post!!

46. (Recipe: Easy Homemade Baked Potato Soup) I have made my own version of potato soup before, but I have to admit that this one sounds really good to make.

47. I have never had Baked Potato Soup but it looks worth trying. I would substitute pork bacon with crispy turkey bacon.

48. I would make this on a cold winter afternoon! YUM!

49. Yum! I am always looking for easy BUT good recipes. Soup is always at the top of my list this time of year. I can’t wait to try this! πŸ™‚

50. The picture caught my eye and it sounds delicious…..love new recipes…thanks so much!

51. Krystal Meyer says:

This looks delicous. I would most likely make it as directed but then only put the actual bacon on my husbands. I prefer turkey bacon, so I would make a side of that for on top of my own bowl. I love soups! They are great for warming the body and soul! Reminds me of when I used to help my grandpa cook growing up, he has passed away now, so it’s a great memory!

52. Nadine Smart says:

I made this last night for dinner, everybody loved it, rich & creamy, everything you want in a potato soup. Thank you for this recipe”)

53. This looks and sounds so appetizing!! I love how you make it seem so easy. With the temperature dropping below freezing, this would be a great time for me try it.

54. Cynthia Cover says:

This looks amazing, what could possibly be better than bacon, cheese, and potatoes. I really love a steaming hot soup on a winter day….that or chili.

55. Who doesn’t love baked potato soup for winter? It is healthy and perfect for cold days!

56. Molly Cipolla says:

this looks amazing!! perfect for the weather. must try!

57. This soup looks delicious! I think it would be great on a cold, winter day πŸ™‚

58. That soup looks so good I wanna crawl in my computer and eat some. LOL!! I love potato soup, and I definitely want to try this. Pinned this recipe for sure. Thank you so much for sharing πŸ™‚
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you & your family πŸ™‚

59. Potato soup is actually one of my faves… my only addition would be extra cheese!!

60. Oh man this looks awesome! I need to make this, serve it in a bread bowl and show up my Husband and his Minestrone! Yeah!

61. Christina Strapp says:

This looks so good and will be even better with the cold weather.

62. Jesselyn A/Jesstinger says:

This soup sounds sensational. It has every we’ve ever loved in a a baked potato BUT to my mind so much more savory, pleasurable and satisfying to eat / enjoy!

Let’s face it, eating a stuffed baked potato can be a real pain, knife and fork, no way to manage or balance flavors per mouthful, just an all around mess. Something THIS GOOD shouldn’t be a pain to eat! It should go down silky and savory as the flavors were intended tobe enjoyed. THANKS!

63. I live alone and it’s easier for me if I just have a baked potato and put all the other stuff on top.

64. Omg! I make potato soup and this just beat the pants off mine, and I haven’t even made it yet! My mouth was watering just reading this, I will so be making this! Thank you!

65. Danielle Cordeau says:

I will admit that looks ‘amazing’. I want to dive in. YUmmy. Thanks so much for sharing.

66. diana scholz says:

Next time I make soup I will be using this recipe for sure!

67. Have you ever seen the movie “Jerry Maguire” and the part where Jerry tells the girl, “You had me at hello.”? Well, you had me at “save the bacon grease”!

Seriously though, this looks like a wonderful recipe for potato soup. If a cook isn’t careful, potato soup can be bland. Yours looks to be full of flavor. Love the addition of the sour cream.

68. oooooooooh my goodness this looks good. perfect cold weather soup, thick and creamy and delicious!

69. When I was younger my friends grandma would make potato soup and I loved it… I have made it her way ever since, but after reading this…. I have gotta change my recipe! This looks so delish… I am sharing everywhere lol!

70. Leslie Harris says:

Ok, so you are making me so hungry and I just ate breakfast. going to the store and gonna make this tonight.

71. This looks so good! I have all the ingredients at home so I’m going to try it tonight. Thanks!

72. wow it looks amazing, especially with the bacon crumbles and sour cream! I may have to make some baked potatoes tonight and save some for soup tomorrow lol Thank you for sharing πŸ™‚

73. I always just make regulare potato soup but this sounds good

74. This looks really good! I’m not a very good cook but I love baked potato soup so I may have to try it!

75. I had a friend that made me baked potato soup one time and it was really good. I never made it because I always thought that it was probably hard to make. This looks so much more yummy with the bacon on top. I definately am going to make this one -thanks for the recipe

76. Jennifer T. says:

I love potato soup! Yours looks extra delicious with the bacon on top!

77. Lorayne Gothard says:

This looks so very good!! My husband loves potato soup, but I have never tried to make it. It has more ingredients then I thought, but I can do it!!

78. Ok so this is heaven in a bowl. Especially with the weather we are having i know my family would love this recipe and it does not look to be overly complicated i am definitely going to try this thank you.

79. Katie Smith says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE potatoe soup and you nailed it with the flair! I think I might actually make this after christmas.
    Thanks for the awesome recipe!

80. Sounds so Yummy!!! Can’t wait to try it

81. I have never made homemade baked potato soup but I might just give it a whirl with your recipe and directions. I know I would love this even though I have never had it before because I love all the ingredients. I haven’t had a potato dish yet that I didn’t like and this sounds and looks so good. I just had to pin it to my recipe board. Thanks for sharing it.

82. Brandi Dawn says:

This looks delicious! I love potatos and my hubby loves bacon so this is a dish we can both enjoy. I think if I substitute the onions for leeks then my daughter would love it too!

I have never had the Outback Baked Potato soup, but this recipe looks great. It would be so comforting on a cold winter day. Moreover my husband loves bacon and potatoes, so this recipe would definitely be a winner for him.

84. I been looking for a recipe like this one cant wait to try it

85. This recipe looks so yummy! I have been looking for a good potato soup recipe and I think I have found it.I will be making this soon.Thanks!

86. I love baked potato soup! This recipe looks great!

87. My husband and i love potato soup this looks amazing, in a bread bowl perfect. And lets face it bacon makes the world a better place πŸ™‚

88. I LOVE potato soup & the picture of this soup makes me hungry!! It is made exactly like I like it – even with sour cream on it!! I don’t make it because my husband does not like it! I LOVE it!!!!

89. teresa koedyker says:

This sounds delicious!! I will be trying some time in the near future, Thank you for all your great recipes!!

90. Always looking for good soup recipes. Look like I found another good one! Thanks!

91. Cassandra French says:

We really like potato soup in our house, so this looks like a great alternative to the regular soup in a can. Love how it’s topped with bacon!

92. Oh this looks really good. My mom’s bday is Jan 1 and she loves loaded baked potato soup. I think I will consider this as one of my options. Thanks so much. I’m going to pin it now.

93. gloria patterson says:

this is easy to make i am so suprised………….I have in my panty right now 2 cans of campbell potato soup, 3 can of pregrso potato soup……… I like potato soup but alway thought it would be hard to make

94. Mary Fagans says:

I love potato soup, it’s my favorite soup but I haven’t found any in the can that I like, so I am going to give this home made soup a try, thank you.

95. I have made all kinds of soup over the years, but potato soup and bean soup was my late husbands specialty.So since he passed 1o years ago,I have not had any. But yours looks sooooo good. I think I will try to tackle this. It will taste good on a cold winter day. *Wish me Luck* lol

96. I have been looking for a potato soup recipe and I think this is it! Looks yummy P:

97. oh this looks so good, i love it but have never made it myself, i think i will try this and see how it goes….thanx
    so much..

98. T.J. Wallace says:

Oh! This would be the perfect recipe for the soup day my in-laws are planning! Good! I was wondering what type of soup to make.

99. This looks so good! Looks like I need to add a few things to my grocery list!

100. Looks delicious! How many servings do you think this is?

101. I always liked potato soup but this is even better!

102. Renee Patterson Travis says:

My mom used to make potato soup when she was alive and I always thought it was hard to make. Thanks for the great recipe!!!

103. Judy Bradley says:

This recipe sounds really yummy! I used to work at a little place where they made the best Baked Potato Soup and I loved it! I will have to try this recipe – thanks!

104. Crystal Brummett says:

I absolutely love potato and bacon.. Yum.. So going to try this recipe.. Thank you so much for sharing! πŸ™‚

105. Michelle White says:

THis looks amazing and easy. I am pinning this and adding it to our menu plan for next week.
    Thanks!!

106. This looks and sounds soooo good! I love to make soup in the winter!!

107. I was thinking about potato soup yesterday. I like this recipe,but I wonder if I can adapt it to cook in the crockpot. (I’m a work at home while homeschooling grandma, and I love crockpot cooking. πŸ™‚

108. That’s a good recipe. I don’t usually eat soups but, it’s been so cold lately. It sounded good.

109. Sounds good, I would use vegetable broth and no bacon (vegetarian)…thanks for posting this.

110. This looks so delicious. I wish I would have came across this when I was sick, instead of eating only chicken noodle soup and broth for a week.

111. Annie Cohen says:

Ahhhh! Excuse me while I drool! I wish my husband ate the things that were in this. I guess I’d have to make his “I don’t eat anything green or remotely good for me” version. Sigh.

112. I have been looking for a good potato soup recipe. I copied this and will be trying it this next week. Thanks for this delicious looking soup recipe. I have never had potato soup with bacon or cheese but I know this has to be great-I mean, we are talking about bacon and cheese here-can’t get any better than that.

113. This potato soup looks AWESOME! I have already pinned it for later and can’t wait to try it out! Thanks for sharing!

114. Gretchen Duplisea says:

this soup would be great to have during to cold winter months in Maine, cant wait to make it

115. Allyson Tice says:

This soup looks wonderful! This looks like a super easy recipie that even my kiddos can help me with!

116. Joyce Raymond says:

You really got me by showing the bacon on the top;anything that has bacon on top has to be good! I have always liked Potato Soup, but I haven’t had a bowl in years. This recipe is the bomb, and I’m going to try to make it. Yum!

117. Annette Herbst says:

This looks so good and easy. I am always looking for good soup recipes. There is nothing more comforting on a cold night than a big bowl of soup

Soup is so comforting on the cold nights in the winter. You clearly stated all the steps to make this recipe and any soup which has bacon and cheddar cheese in it is a winner for me. My husband loves potatoes as mch as bacon so this is a recipe I shall have to try soon.

119. Stephanie M says:

This looks delicious and it has been so cold and windy in Buffalo, NY the only thing I’d be curious have you tried subsituting greek yogurt plain for the sour cream? I’m not a big fan of it..

120. I am a sucker for a good soup! My husband and I make soup on Sundays and then freeze it to take to work during the week. This looks like one we could easily do!

121. Angela Higdon says:

Wow! I have never heard of potato soup..am I in the dark ages? It sounds delicious, and I am going to try it soon!

122. Potato soup is my favorite soup!! This recipe looks amazing, can’t wait yo try it! Thanks for sharing!

123. Carolyn Colley says:

This recipe sounds so good. I love potato soup, this is the first time I’ve seen a recipe like this one. Thank you for sharing

124. ashley perez says:

i love baked potato soup. i like to top with with different toppings each time i make it. bacon, cheese and chives are my favorite toppings so far.

125. Next to split pea (with ham) soup, baked potato soup is my favorite.

The way that the onions, leaks, potato, and bacon compliment each other – yum!

You could even top it off with a dollop of creme freshe, or sour cream.

126. Dawn Sterner says:

This looks so delicious!! I am making this for dinner this weekend, it is SO cold here and this will be a perfect dinner that my whole family will love! Thank you for sharing πŸ™‚

127. This would be so awesome on a winter day. It’s actually snowing today here in SC , so I would love some right now.

128. This would be great .Febuary gets very cold and this would keep you warm.

129. Patricia Rose says:

I’ve never made this, but it looks delicious and I’m glad to finally have a recipe to try out. My family loves soups πŸ™‚

130. This looks delicious! I pinned it so I can make this when I have the ingredients. Perfect for these cold winter days.

131. joanna garcia says:

omg i love baked potato soup my only reason for going to tony romas and this looks just like it! def going to be making this!

132. Dorothy Boucher says:

talk about yummy, one of my favorite soups.. again you always know how to feed us loll i love all the ingredients you added, haven’t made this in awhile , but should soon.. thanks for sharing @tisonlyme143

133. I absolutely love potato soup! My mom used to make it for me and my sisters when I was little. This recipe looks lovely πŸ™‚

134. Thank you for posting this recipe. My mouth is watering and I can not wait to try it. πŸ™‚ I love potato soup.

135. It would be good to bake extra potatoes for dinner one night and then use the extras to make this soup.

136. I think this looks really good and hearty! Thanks for all the pictures and descriptions of how to make this easy recipe. I think my entire family would dig in and it would taste good on a cold wintry night like tonight!

137. This looks really good. You really do have some great recipes here.

138. Oh my, this looks so delicious!! I will be making this for my family and it’s so easy to make ! Thank you for sharing πŸ™‚

139. Dani Osenbaugh says:

This looks SO yummy! I’m making this tomorrow night for dinner. Got it pinned to pinterest. :)Perfect comfort food for stormy, rainy weather. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

140. I’ve always loved potato soup and I like that this recipe isn’t too cheesy! I used to love O’Charley’s thick cheesy potato soup, but as I have grown up I find that I like it with only a little shredded cheese on top! I look forward to trying this recipe, esp. in all this ice and snow!

141. Rachel brown hester says:

I want this now! It looks so perfect for a cold day! You can’t go wrong with those ingredients.

142. Looks delish! I love soup, especially in the winter, but my partner sometimes complains that soup by itself isn’t “enough” of a meal. This looks hearty and filling enough to satisfy! I like that pre-baking the potatoes really cuts down on the stove time. Thanks!

I have never had the Outback potato soup, but a friend of mine loves it Potato soup can be so comforting and filling. I love all the ingredients you have used to make this soup. On these cold days it is the perfect soup to make.

144. This looks delish. I always get baked potato soup when I go out to eat in the winter. I need to start making it at home, thanks for the recipe.

145. Ohmygosh, this looks delicious!! I definitely want to try this recipe out. Thanks for sharing! =)

146. Tried your sweet and sour meatballs today. I couldn’t find the same sweet and sour sauce but it made no difference, they were amazing. Next on our list is this. It’s so cold in Buffalo, NY that there’s no better time for soup. I’ll let you know how this recipe goes after I try it out tomorrow. Thanks.

147. Christine L. says:

Looks very good, I love trying new recipes πŸ™‚ I’m addicted to potatoes, I have potatoes with sour cream all the time so this is right up my alley!

148. Your baked potato soup looks delicious; how could it not? It has bacon in it – the perfect topping to any meal as far as a lot of men would say. But honestly, the ingredients are spot on for wonderful flavor.

149. I have never tried potato soup other than canned. It tasted like paste. Or at least the way I imagine it would taste.

150. Christine L. says:

I love potato soup, it’s warm, healthy and filling. Despite what they say about carbohydrates and potatoes, it’s very healthy.

151. My husband just made a pot of potato soup. It’s okay, not one of my favorites. It sure does smell good when it’s cooking though!

152. Seeing how much I love baked potatoes, this could become a favorite. Might even bump baked potatoes out of first place!!

153. Potato soup is always good on a cold day. Thank you for sharing this recipe πŸ™‚

154. nancyfancypink says:

This soup sounds so good! I love creamy soup and often order it when out at restaurants. Now, I will try this at home! Thanks

155. I love potato soup. So good. My aunt used to make it all of the time.

156. Looks delicious and easy to make. Would be great to have leftovers to take to work too!

157. Potato soup to me is comfort food! I love it. Thank you for sharing.

158. Kaleena Alloe says:

This looks super delicious! I don’t think I’ve ever had a soup like this before. I will definitely give this a try!

159. Potato soup is always a fave. Thank you for sharing your recipe with us.

160. Terri S says:

That soup looks so good especially with the bacon on top! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

161. Annette Cruz says:

I’ve never been a fan of Potato soup, but this looks really good to me. I think I might give this a try maybe this weekend. It has all the ingredients that I like, so I think this will be tasty.

162. jenn huey says:

This just sounds delicious. I have never had a baked potato soup before, is it meant to eat as a main course? It sounds like it would be good paired with a big juicy steak

163. Kelly Faber says:

I love baked potato soup!! I have a recipe I use, but I am always wanting to test of new ones and this one looks fabulous!! Never thought to add a dollop of sour cream on top….Mmmm!

164. Thank you for the great baked potato soup recipe! It was delicious and so easy to make. Since we like our food with a ‘lil bit of heat I did add some red pepper flakes. We plan to make this again!

165. Tina Bornheimer says:

OMG!!!! You had me at …. the picture! LOL That looks fantastic!!! I’m not one to make recipes that use bacon fat, but how can you not in this one?!! I’m totally going to make this one.. so what if I have to walk on the treadmill and extra 5 miles or so lol. YUM!!!! Can’t wait to eat this one!

166. That looks delicious.Homemade soup is difficult to make. It does taste so much better than canned though.

167. Love this soup. A little time consuming but worth it. Did not put the cheese in it but used it on top. Excellent, how can it not be, it has bacon in it.

168. This is such a great soup. What great flavor. Thank you so much for sharing this

169. Kassidy Thoms says:

To anyone who made it: what would you guess the prep and cook time for it is? First time making and need to know how much to plan ahead.

170. Lena Mccurdy says:

;AM LOVING THIS

171. Deborah D says:

This recipe looks & sounds delicious! Glad I found it

This soup is so good. I plan on making it again when the weather gets cooler. Thank you so much for sharing

173. I’ve never tried cloves in potato soup. What an interesting flavor combo, will definitely try it soon!

174. This looks delicious. I’ve never tried to make soup before. I’ll have to follow the instructions very carefully. And cut the garlic down.

175. Laura Bowman says:

This looks amazing! Potato soup is one of my absolute favorites but I haven’t found the perfect recipe yet..maybe this will be it for me πŸ™‚

176. I have never tasted home made potato soup. This really looks good. I’ve only tried the can soup and it tasted like paste.