Recipe: Sweet and Sour Crockpot Meatballs

meatballs2
This is one of my favorite recipes and it’s super simple!

Ingredients:
Meatballs11 20 ounce can of pineapple chunks in pineapple juice
3 14 ounce bags of original meatballs or make your own (make sure they are not Italian)
1/2 lb of chopped carrots
1/2 onion chopped
1 green bell pepper chopped
2 16 ounce containers of World Harbors Maui Mountain Sweet n Sour Sauce

Pour in your frozen meatballs, then your veggies, then pineapple and juice.
meatballs3
Over top, pour in the sweet n sour sauce.
Cook on low for 6 hours in the crockpot.

meatballs4
Serve over rice.

I often take this to potlucks and it’s always a hit! I recommend trying this at your next family get together!! Let me know how it goes. This is the best Sweet n Sour sauce for this, I have tried tons of them, and this always is at the top of the list.

Comments

1. Well, it sure does sound simple enough. I would make homemade meatballs. I’ve tried several packaged brands (not this brand) and haven’t been pleased with the quality.

2. I think I just found the meatball recipe I have been looking for. Thank you for posting this!

3. Jennifer Hiles says:

That looks so darn delicious. I’ve never heard of World Harbors Maui Mountain Sweet n Sour Sauce. I’m wondering if they sell it where I live. Can that be replaced by something else or is it pretty important to the recipe? I’d love to try these!

4. David Smith says:

This recipe looks really easy and really good. I’d make it with my own sweet and sour sauce since I have never found any store bought that was any good. I really like meals that we can just put in the crock pot and leave until it is ready to eat. Thanks for the recipe.

5. I have never heard of these but one look at the pic above, Oh My Gosh! I have to make these meatballs! I pinned it quickly! Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe.

6. Michelle F. says:

That looks really good. Like that you do it in the crockpot.

7. Nikki compher says:

This looks so yummy! I love using my crock pot to cook with, and I’m always looking for new recipes! Thank you for the share ๐Ÿ™‚

8. What a great, easy recipe~ makes me wish my crockpot still worked! thanks for sharing

9. Tanya Holland says:

I never thought of doing the meatballs. I always use that to make sweet and sour chicken. I found another recipe to try.

10. Yummy this sounds good. Think I’ll pick up what’s needed and make these for Christmas.

11. I LOVE cooking in my crockpot and this looks and sounds delicious! My husband would flip over this recipe served over some steamed brown rice! YUM! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m going to do some research online and see where I can, or if I can, buy the World Harbors Maui Mountain Sweet n Sour Sauce locally! Thanks for the recipe!

12. This looks really yummy.I have done Sweet n Sour Chicken but never thought to do meatballs ๐Ÿ™‚

13. I love sweet n sour meatballs but I have never made them this way. It looks delicious~! I’m going to have to check it out and try them. I pinned it to my recipes for later.

14. These look so yummy! I love pineapple!

15. I love crockpot recipes and am always looking for new ones. These meatballs look delicious! We do finger foods and appetizer type foods on Christmas day and I think these would be perfect!

16. Sounds delicious and a great winter recipe…going to try it soon!

17. I love crockpot meals and I love meatballs! This recipe looks amazing and I can’t wait to make it after the holidays!!

18. sherry butcher says:

Sounds like an easy make ahead meal for a family. I have made Sweet and Sour Meatballs but it took a long time to fix since it was from scratch no frozen meatballs of bottled sauces. Now If I cut this down would it be the same? I justt need 1 or 2 servings at a time.

19. Paula Varble says:

This looks so good. I’ve made a similar recipe but with chicken breasts and added peppers, onions, etc. This would be great for us made with ground turkey meatballs. Thanks.

20. This sounds excellent! It has so many good ingredients. I’ve never tried this sauce, but I’m going to look for it next time I go to the store – this is the best sweet ‘n sour recipe I’ve seen in years!

21. amanda lebeck says:

Love this recipe so much!! This is an awesome quick throw together meal and I love those the best!! Plus I can just imagine how good they are ๐Ÿ™‚

22. I think this would work well with chicken. Then serve it over rice.

23. Christina Strapp says:

These sound so good and look pretty easy. I will have to try these.

24. Now I want Sweet and sour for Christmas day meal! Thanks for sharing the photos!

I have never heard of Maui Mountain sauce, but the photo of the finished recipe looks so delicious that I’d love to eat some right now. This recipe seems easy so I shall look for the sauce at Whole Foods.

26. i like meatballs with almost anything.
    usually i make meatballs soup. i call it that way because there is lot of liquid so i can eat it with bread;)

27. cheryl lister says:

Looks and sounds delicious. My only problem is that carrots don’t seem to cook in my slow cooker. I literally cooked my last batch of baby carrots for 3 hours on medium, then switched to low for another 12 hours. And they still had a bit of a bite to them!

28. never heard of this but would like to try this

29. I love sweet n’ sour chicken, so this is a great recipe for me to try! Thank you!

30. These look really awesome, I love the sweet n sour pork and chicken, maybe these would be an easy substitute I could make at home! Can’t wait to try it!

31. candy kratzer wenzel says:

This would be great for New Years eve. I would make my own meatballs for it. Frozen meatballs are not the same.

32. Jesselyn A/Jesstinger says:

Assuming the Bears don’t lose on Sunday (a big presumption I know!) we will be having a get together here with friends and neighbors to watch their first playoff game. I’m looking for some simple, relatively inexpensive and easy to make crowd pleasing recipes to make – and this meatball recipe looks like a good one.

Oh and BTW, I’ve made your Baked Potato Soup several times now and it is a real keeper!

33. jennay green says:

WOW!!! This looks so yummy! A great twist to the traditional meat ball… I want to see how I can make this with less sugars as I can’t have them but I will def try it out

34. Kimberley O says:

I am always looking for new crock pot recipes! I get tired of seeing the same old chicken with some type of cream soup recipe! These are a nice switch up!

35. trista baldwin says:

I just found this page tonight and know I will definitely be back. My husband son are extremely picky so I am always looking for new recipes to try on them because the same old things get old. They love meatballs and I think this sounds like a great way to change them up. Trying it out this week.

36. The sauce is pretty good. I’m going to stick with sweet and sour chicken.

37. This sounds so yummy! It’s about my skill level too. The last time I tried to make meatballs for a recipe, they all just fell apart while cooking and it became more of a Hawaiian mush than Hawaiian meatballs! Preformed meatballs are probably the way to go for me!

38. Susan Broughton says:

This sounds like a really tasty recipe. It seems really easy too. I like recipes that you can put into a crock pot and not worry about again till it is time to eat. I think that this recipe would work with Chicken also. Chicken is the go to meat for our family most of the time anyway. Thanks

39. Bridgette Friedman says:

Those look mighty tasty! Saved to my to-try recipe folder. Love crockpot recipes, gives me more online blog reading time!

40. It seems that whenever I browse your recipes, I find something interesting, and today I found this! I’ve never tried the Maui Mountain Sweet n Sour Sauce, but I’ll keep an eye out for it at the supermarket so I can give this recipe a try. Thanks!

41. This is a yummy recipe. It looks good. I like all the ingredients.

42. Jesselyn A/Jesstinger says:

This is really good! I’ve made it twice – one mostly from scratch and the other the kind of quick fix using convenience food to put together when you’re really on the run.

For the homemade – I made my own meatballs using a 50/50 ground pork & ground beef mix with a slightly Asian hint. I also used a FRESH PINEAPPLE and the results were awesome.

It wasn’t quite as sensational using the frozen meatballs and canned pineapple – but it was still good enough to make a fine addition to a potluck dinner!

43. What a delicious looking recipe!!! I have tested out a few meatball recipes, love them but nothing ever tastes right lol. I will have to try this one, they look really good!!!! Bookmarkign! ๐Ÿ™‚

44. How delicious this meal looks to me. I also haven’t had any luck finding a good sweet and sour sauce. I’ll look for the brand mentioned and give this tempting recipe a try.

45. All these sweet and sour dishes look super delicious. Crave a warm and tasty treat during this cold season and crock pots are awesome!

46. The pic is lovely and the recipe sounds delicious!!! I will defintiely be trying this one! I have actually tried a recipe or two of your and they were awesome! Thanks for sharing!!!

47. lynn buttedal says:

my hubby loves meatball! I am going to have to try this recipe. it sounds really good! thank you!

48. Holly brewer says:

Ooo I use my crockpot all the time and I have never made meatballs because I didn’t know exactly a great way to cook them, but this will be soooo easy! Thanks for sharing

49. I would love to try this it looks delish. Haven’t had sweet and sour meatballs but I bet my son would devour them.

50. Lynne Clark says:

This recipe looks SO good and actually sounds very doable! I’ve pinned it to my YUM! board and will pick up a bag o’ meatballs & some sweet and sour sauce the first chance I get! Yum!!

51. kristin sims says:

this recipe is perfect to bring to a luncheon, party, and of course for the super bowl! thanks, and especially thank you for the pictures (i always like to make sure my creations look like they are supposed to:) ..i will be trying it out for out super bowl party.

52. I love pineapple, so I would love these!

53. rebeccabasset says:

Wow I have never tried anything like this before, I am not familiar with this at all, so I will give it a try, it sounds easy to make.

Thanks for the Post, Pictures and the Recipe!

54. dianalward says:

Family loves meatballs and Sweet and Sour but I’ve never put the two together for some reason. I’m gonna now, though. But I’ll first see if I can find your recommended brand of sauce, I’ve never seen it.

55. Sweet and Sour is one of my very favorite flavors. I’ve had some trouble trying to make the taste right. I love meatballs and always have . I know I can find a sauce that makes the recipe work for me.

56. Melissa Marinho says:

YUM YUM! I’m always always always looking for delicious crock pot recipes, and this one is definitely a new one! I’ve never seen this recipe before, I am adding it to my list of things to make pronto! ๐Ÿ™‚ It looks delicious and super easy to make, thanks so much for posting this!

57. These sound easy and like something my husband would love…thanks for posting.

58. This looks delicious and seems so easy. I ‘m food shopping today and I am definitely going to make these. My daughter will be surprised. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

I have never tried the World Harbors Maui Mountain Sweet n Sour Sauce, but you say that this is the best one for this recipe I shall have to look for it. I love the idea of sweet and sour sauce on regular meatballs

60. Heather R says:

after years of everyone telling me how awesome crockpots are, I’ve only this year started using one. thanks for sharing a recipe so I can add to my ever growing recipe pile!

61. Kathy Lane says:

My husband loves meatballs,and I am always looking for a new recipe for the crockpot.Your recipe looks so good and sounds so easy to prepare.I will be making this very soon.I am pinning to my recipe board to save it.Thank you so much for sharing!

62. I love sweet and sour anything! This looks easy to make too.

63. that looks good ,i’ll have to make that for my family soon

64. Great recipe. It looks so easy to make. I will definitely try this recipe very soon!

65. This recipe looks awesome. I think it’s going to be on our Superbowl Sunday menu

sibabe64 at ptd dot net

66. I have been craving sweet n sour chicken for the last week and this just made my mouth water. And it looks so easy to make! Thanks for the recipe!

67. Easy and yummy. I looked them up and found the World Harbor brand at my local King Soopers and Safeway. Thanks for the recipe.

68. Cindy Kong says:

OH man, this is a great recipe.. I never know how to vamp up meatball but this is a great way!! I love the sweet and sour style.. my daughter would love this.. she loves meatballs and I love crockpot!!

69. Sarah Elyce says:

I love sweet and sour sauce- especially with pineapple. I would have never thought to do it with meatballs. I adore crockpot meals.

70. Jennifer Hiles says:

I’m always looking for yummy crockpot recipes, especially since I work all day and commute 2 hours. These sound really good but I’ve never heard of World Harbors Maui Mountain Sweet n Sour Sauce…

71. oh yummy. I didnt know this could be made at home. we had sweet and sour chicken the other day from the chinesse restaurant.

72. Chevy Reid Roper says:

This looks so good. I have always loved sweet and sour chicken. I had never thought of doing making it with meatballs. Love that I can just throw it in the crockpot and do whatever else needs to be done for the day. This will be an awesome addition to my recipe folder. My kids are gonna love it!!

73. This looks so tasty. I am a huge fan of World Harbors sauces. I have to admit the packaging grabbed me but the flavor is what kept me coming back. I also just purchased a crock pot and am looking for easy tasty recipes so I am gonna have to try this

74. this sounds really good. I not really good at using a crock pot.

75. OMG, this looks and sounds so yummy!! I am always looking for crock pot recipes because I work so late some nights and my hubby can just dish it out for the kids. Thanks for posting this!!

76. rochelle haynes says:

This looks like something i would like to try
    maybe i will try this one day.

77. Michael Lambert says:

These look really good, Will have to make these for our Superbowl party.

78. LOOK VERY GOOD. THIS COULD BE A SUPERBOWL HIT. MY FAMILY LOVE SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS.

79. curiouskit10 says:

Oh wow, I never would have thought of this. My partner LOVES pineapple, but I have trouble cooking with it. Thank you!

80. Dorothy Boucher says:

i would have never thought about doing something like this , not sure why It looks delicious.. this would be great for a game night or movie night or just one of those days ๐Ÿ˜‰ thanks @tisonlyme143

81. Nicole Bear says:

This sounds yummy and so easy to make. I think my husband and daughter would love these.

82. joyce baker says:

I love that this is a crockpot recipe. I also love that it is so easy to make. I intend to make this soon. Would be so good over rice.

83. I am huge fan of cooking with my crockpot and am always looking for new recipes to try and make for my family. This not only looks good but also sounds like it would be really good. It might actually be good over rice. Will have to make this one night. ๐Ÿ™‚

84. joanna garcia says:

OMG i love crockpot recipes and meatballs esp w sweet and sour! this is great and a timesaver! great recipe!

85. Never had sweet and sour meatballs, but this looks delicious. It also seems to be a hardy meal that’ll stick to your ribs. With all this snow, we could use this right now. Thanks!

86. I AM SURE THESE ARE GOOD–THANKS FOR THE RECIPE –I AM GONNA MAKE ME SOME…

87. Looks and sounds delicious…will be a perfect recipe for a party…thanks for the idea!

88. I love meatballs, and this recipe looks delish!

89. Dorothy Boucher says:

this looks absolutely delicious!!! i love all the simple ingredients , and this would be great not only for dinner but for birthday parties , social events, game nights , slumber parties.. yum heheh thanks for sharing @tisonlyme143

90. I made sweet n sour meat balls for the Super Bowl but it was a completely different recipe. This one looks really delicious. I will have to give this one a try. I pinned it for future making. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

91. Renee Smith says:

My kids love sweet n sour meatballs. This recipe looks yummy and super easy to prepare.

92. This looks delicious! I need easy, delicious crockpot recipes like this since I am 7 months pregnant AND have a toddler!

93. Jennifer Hiles says:

I have never had sweet n’ sour meatballs before but the picture above looks awesome. I think if I would have heard the name without seeing the photo, I probably wouldn’t be too interested but now I really want to try them.

This is a simple recipe , yet it is so tasty. I love pineapple,especially with a meatball that is not all beef. I can always use a different way to serve meatballs.

95. I still won’t eat a frozen meatball. The sauce recipe is good. I prefer sweet and sour chicken over rice.

96. Looking forward to trying this recipe!

97. I am def. going to be trying this this weekend. Though I’m not sure our stores offer this sweet and sour brand. I’ll def be looking for it. Going shopping for supplies tomorrow. I like that this puts a new twist on a dinner classic.

98. This is right up my alley. I love sweet n sour and the recipe looks simple enough.

99. This looks like the perfect thing to make on a cold winter’s night!

100. Tempting!

101. Adrienne L Rudolph says:

These look pretty easy to make and yummy too. Thank you for sharing.

102. I love sweet and sour. This looks good and I am going to pin it!

103. rosa rogers says:

this is yummy,i need to invest in a crockpot..never new you can make sweet and sour meatballs.

104. I love the sweet and sour meatballs. I think at first I didn’t but after awhile you kinda crave them. lol

105. Peyton Lynn says:

WOW… My mouth is sure watering and it’s only 7am!!! LOL This recipe looks so yummy and I can’t wait to try it. My hubby loves anything “sweet and sour,” so this will be a treat for him. Thanks for sharing!!!

106. What a great, easy and yummy recipe! Thank you for sharing, its perfect for this cold snowy weather
    Specially when My hubby loves sweet n sour!

107. Brittany P says:

These look wonderful! I’m always looking for good crock pot recipes and this one looks like a keeper!

108. Marcia Lee says:

I don’t cook in our house. My husband took that job over when he retired. I know he would love your Sweet & Sour Crockpot Meatballs & the convenience of cooking it in one pot really appeals to me. Can you guess who does the clean-up?

109. Huri Kouzouyan says:

This is great for those super busy days, when I can barely get all the work I need to do done! I’d just need to prep it 6 hours before hubby comes home and ta-da!!! a tasty dinnnnner!!! Thanks for sharing!

110. Monica Sepulveda says:

I love a good sweet and sour combo and this recipe looks easy and delish!

I love this recipe. I love meatballs and Dole pineapple chunks. I haven’t yet tried World Harbour’s Sweet and sour sauce , but I shall look for it now.

112. I love the sweet n sour flavor. I have never been able to find the right sauce from the store. This is a pretty quick and easy recipe. I’ll try the sauce you suggest and give it a try. Thanks.

113. Debbie Petch says:

This sounds yummy! I would like to try it!

114. Marcia Lee says:

Every now and then, we have people over and I would love to serve your Sweet & Sour Crockpot Meatballs. The recipe sounded delicious from the first time I read it and being able to put the ingredients in the pot in the morning and see to the other things in the house while it is cooking sounds so appealing.

115. I like this recipe because it is easy and I do not have to make my own meatballs. I would love to make this for a Sunday dinner with Rice. I just love Sweet and Sour dishes!

116. Christine L. says:

Love this recipe because I am a crockpot fiend and always looking to try new things! Thanks for posting it ๐Ÿ™‚

117. I recently seen on Rachael ray multiple ways to make meatballs, but never seen a sweet n sour meatball recipe. I love sweet n sour chicken so this might be a hit for dinner one night. Def gonna try this out. And the pineapple is always a plus too!

118. I was just looking at recipes for sweet and sour sauce at B&N! This Maui Mountain one sounds delish, I must check it out! I”m so in the mood for this!!!

119. Thank you for sharing. This sounds like something my husband would love.

120. Jessica Medina says:

I love sweet and sour anything! lol. Thanks for sharing!

121. nancyfancypink says:

These look great! Sweet and sour Chinese food is a favorite at our house and I bet we would all love these, thanks!

122. these look delicious!! Perfect for Easter brunch

123. This looks like something the hubs would love. Thank you for sharing.

124. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe. It’s great to mix it up with something besides sweet n sour chicken!

125. This sounds like a great party/company recipe. Thank you for posting.

126. M.Clark says:

I think this is an amazing recipe, I would love to try it with chicken instead of meatballs. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

127. I have a similar recipe to this, I like yours better! I made a batch of these for a 50th surprise birthday I threw for one of my best friends. It was a hit.

128. What a fun recipe. I think this would be great at a get-together, thank you for posting.

129. These sound super easy to make and would be great for parties.

130. Terri S says:

I love using my crockpot. These look incredible! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

131. M.Clark says:

I think this is a great dish to bring with you to a potluck, I love it. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

132. jenn huey says:

I love all the slow cooker recipes you have, they are perfect for summer when you don’t want to heat up the house. My kids love meatballs and this recipe would please both kids and adults alike.

133. Kelly Faber says:

I absolutely love any crockpot meals!! They are so convenient! Love the added pineapple! I love love love pineapple, I know I would enjoy this meal! I am saving this recipe! Thank you!

134. These sound so good. I love sweet and sour chicken and pork so I am sure I will love these too. Thank you for sharing

135. These look so good! Can’t wait to make them!

These look and sound so good. I love sweet and sour. I will be trying this for my family. Thank you for sharing