Recipe: Cheesy Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos

CheesyJalapenos

This is one of my favorite recipes, and I usually make them when we have friends coming over or we are going to a pot luck. Everyone seems to love them, but they are time consuming since you have to clean out the jalapenos. They are SO good and I recommend making them!

JalapenoIngredients
Ingredients:
1 roll of breakfast sausage (I use mild, but you can use hot if you’d like)
1 8oz package of shredded cheddar  (I like sharp, use your favorite!)
1 block of cream cheese
25 jalapenos

1- Set the cream cheese out early, so it can come to room temp and preheat oven to 350.
2- Cook the breakfast sausage in a skillet, make sure it’s crumbled into small pieces, and drain on a paper towel.
SausageCooked
NOTE: When handling jalapenos PLEASE wear gloves. They MAY irritate your hands.
I don’t wear them, I just wash my hands with soap in between steps.
3- Cut the jalapenos in half and clean them out. Remove all the seeds and most of the veins. If you remove all of the white veins, the jalapenos will be very mild. I use a small paring knife and spoon to help clean them out. You can leave the stem on some of them as they are easy to pick up this way.
JalapenosCollage4- Mix together the cooked and drained sausage, cream cheese, and cheddar.
CheeseSausage25- Stuff the peppers. I like using my hands because you can press it in really well and compact it a bit.
stuffedpeppers
6- Lay out onto a cookie sheet, try to make sure they are somewhat level so some of the stuffing doesn’t spill out. It’s okay if it does, it’s easy to scoop back in once they are done cooking.
7- Cook for 20-25 minutes at 350.
8- Let cool just a bit and enjoy while warm! They heat up in the microwave well after cooked.

Please feel free to share this on your blog, website, or pinterest, as long as you give us credit with a link. Thanks!

Comments

1. These loook good! I think they would work too with bell peppers for us with lower heat tolerance. I love anything with cream cheese!

2. Wow these look good. My husband and I love poppers.

3. This is my kind of snack. I love peppers and cheese. I would use the hot sausage. I will be trying this. Thanks!

4. OMG.. my daughter and I love jalapenos …we are going to try this this weekend. It looks so good. Can not wait to try them out. Hubby will be gone so her and I can pig out on hot stuff. Oh i am so excited a new recipe to try. I love trying out new things. thank you for sharing this.

5. Dorothy Boucher says:

these look absolutely delicious, but i don’t like hot food, i would probably just stuff a pepper 😉 but i do love the recipe, definitely will try this just using green peppers t 🙂 thanks for share @tisonlyme143

6. Yum!! I’d use turkey sausage and a lot of cheese, and I prefer the jalapeno more on the spicy side. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

7. Okay, your whole website is C-U-T-E! So jealous of the purple polka dots! Did you use a digital scrapbook kit to make this background? I’m only asking b/c I’m a computer retard, newly switched to wordpress, and still trying to figure the design stuff out.

• I actually had LilipopDesigns make my site! (If you ever wonder who made someone’s website scroll all the way down to the bottom!)

8. These look so good. I don’t know if I could take that much hot though!

9. Thanks for the new recipe my hubby loves these!

10. I tried this last night. It’s pretty good. A bit too rich to have on a regular basis, but tasty.

11. Annette Herbst says:

We love jalapenos cant wait to try these

12. These look amazing! I have had the bacon wrapped, stuffed jalapenos cooked either in the oven or on the grill, which are fantastic, but I think I would like these even better!! Better yet, I wonder how they would taste, combining the recipe and having the sausage and the bacon?! Mmmmm!

13. gigi borden says:

i think my hubby would love these! need to try them out, thanks for sharing!!!

14. md Kennedy says:

Cheese, sausage, spicy jalapeno – if I don’t make these for my husband he will never forgive me. As far as he is concerned these are basic foods that must be eaten every day!

15. Wow. This looks so delicious. My family loves spicy foods and this recipe would be perfect for us. Thank you for sharing it.

16. Kimberly Williams says:

I love my grandmothers stuffed greenpeppers but I think i will try a mix of her recipe and this one, since i do not like the Jalapeno’s. But i like the sausage instead of beef idea with the sharp chedder,

17. Honest this looks great. And not hard to make. rhank you for the recipe

18. Alison Gibb says:

I was a little nervous when I saw jalapenos because they are soooo hot. I did not know by taking out the white veins reduces the heat. Thanks!

19. Marcia Lee says:

I have a son and a brother in law that love the heat. My son is the cook in his house so I can give him this recipe and I know he will love it.

20. kimberly bhatti says:

oh my these look yummy and would be great for breakfast 🙂

21. Judy Thomas says:

My mother used to make something like this using capsicums. Delicious!

22. Eugenie says:

These look great. I will have to find some time to make them.

23. These are delicious! We used turkey sausage and added chopped olives – the whole family loved them! We also made some with chopped bacon that was to die for! Not healthy, but certainly delicious!

24. Julie Wood says:

My son and I would love to try this awesome recipe for a Sunday game. I like that they are stuffed and easy to make. I will have to get all my ingredients soon!

25. Do you have any more recipes like this? Anything using peppers would be great.

26. My family loves this recipe.We love the taste of the sausage and cheese in the peppersThey want me to make them all the time now.Thanks for sharing this recipe with us..

27. kathy downey says:

I have never tried these but after reading this i sure want to try them,they look so so good

28. Renee Velez says:

totally diggin this!!!! looks yummy

29. Candice Kelley says:

I serious need to try this one it looks delicious and not complicated

30. Rebecca Wilson says:

OMG, these look super duper delicious! My mom and I love hot stuff like stuffed jalapenos. The directions are straight forward. I would say this recipe is a winner!

31. Alison Gibb says:

I made these this weekend! They were yummy. Thank you for the recipe!

32. Tammy Marie Markham says:

i really enjoy spicy food and these look incredible/

33. I might use the stuffing recipe to make other appetizers, as I’m not that fond of Jalepeno peppers 🙂

34. Oh my goodness these look so good. I have a similar recipe for bell peppers, I’ve never thought of using jalapeno peppers.

35. Yadira Hernandez says:

I’m Mexican and I love jalapeno. Usually I buy frozen but your recipe is very easy, just substitute by Mexican sausage chorizo. thank you!

36. I recently started loving anything jalapeno, I love the jalapeno bagels at tim hortons, but these cheesy stuffed jalapenos peppers look amazing! OMG my mouth is watering, I bet you made them just right! YUM!

37. These look so good, I love anything spicy. Can’t wait to try them, pinning now!!

38. This has to be the best recipe I’ve ever seen or stuffed jalapeno’s! I’m licking my chops here thinking about tearing into one of those peppers. Also, I can imagine it being a huge hit at a get together!

39. mcushing7 says:

I am all about spicy now!!! Thanks for the delicious recipe and I will be making these today! Fabulous post!

40. I also like stuffed jalapenos with cottage cheese or boiled potatoes with lots of dry herbs and spices and shalow fry them in oil.

41. alesha ol says:

I grew up being a sausage girl, before any other meat..I didn’t get into peppers until adulthood. I saw this recipe & immediately pinned it, even though now I am on a very ltd diet, I have to eat things liquid or pureed..but this tome will be ggood to be like that. I can’t wait to try these!! Yumminess 🙂

42. Susan Broughton says:

I absolutely love spicy food! This looks like it is the perfect food for me! i pinned this recipe so I will be able to try this recipe out. I really like the flavor of jalapeno and melted cheese so add meat to it and how could it not be delicious!

43. I might try these with some veggie sausage. They sure do look good.

44. Ooo…!!! My husband would soo LOVE these! They look delicious! Thank you for the recipe! 🙂

45. I’d use the hot sausage since I like heat in my poppers. Thanks for the recipe.

46. RICHARD HICKS says:

Would love to bite down on one of these and savoir the flavor! I love hot spicy foods!

47. Dianna Thomas says:

I truly am not a great fan of this very hot pepper– I have had a few differently made but I think adding the sausage is probably the best as of yet– so I’m going to give it a shot– at the worse I eat one and never try it a gain– but I’m thinking that the rest of my little family will love it so it will be made– at the best we will be having it often–I bet at this point we will be having it often 🙂

48. Deborah D says:

I can’t wait to make these for my dad! He will love them as will I!

49. laurie nykaza says:

I had to Pin these they looked so good. I can’t wait to make these for our next party everyone would love them .

50. They are pretty good. I would use hot sausage in them. I really enjoy hot, spicy food.

51. These Jalapenos look delicious. Thanks for this great recipe. I was just discussing with my daughter yesterday about making Jalapenos but we didn’t know how(not great cooks). I am definitely going to make these. Could these be made with crumbled bacon, also? I think I would like the bacon better but sausage would be fine.

52. The Mr. would love these. He likes dishes that are hot hot hot and he loves jalapenos. This does look really good but if I ate that it would kill my stomach. I’d make them for him though. The kids don’t care for jalapnos so this would have to be a special treat just for him. Maybe I’ll make mine with same recipe but not with jalapenos but green peppers and keep it mild. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

53. lbuttedal says:

I am going to make for my husband. He loves jalapenos so I know he will love them!

54. Oh my goodness do these look wonderful! Thank you for showing us how to make these! I think these would be great for guests or anytime!

55. K-Squared says:

The guests would love these: I will be creating a tray of these with my Triple-Cheese Stuffed Potato to raise money for that of an after school program and buy new equipment for those that aren’t otherwise able to afford items in my Boy Scout troop. The idea of winning this prize would be a blessing… We would create an array of items and recipes that can be sold to buy new items. I believe that this would be a true blessing!

56. Michael Lambert says:

These look really good. I glad these look pretty easy to make since I know my family wont like them and I will have to make them myself.

57. Deborah D says:

Can’t wait to make these. The hotter the better. I may leave a few of the seeds in.

58. Every year, I grow enough jalapenos for my family’s use…and then my mil gives me a big bag of them. Thanks for the recipe, now I’ll know what I’ll be doing with some of those extras!

59. michelle salais says:

Oh my goodness I am drooling for some of these. Haha! We always make stuffed jalapenos. We’ve used crab and bacon, but never sausage. Excited to make these.

60. Deborah D says:

Made these and they are great!!!

61. I may make some of these vegetarian for my b’day.

This is a recipe for my sons, but not for my husband who doesn’t like jalapenos. Of course, I could use the delicious stuffing in a regular pepper or zucchini for him

63. Cassandra M. says:

Oh man, these sound good but I don’t do hot. I’m thinking subbing the green bell and sounds perfect to me!

64. these look delicious! I make cream cheese and bacon poppers for my husband’s poker parties, I think next time I will try these. Oh, and I wear gloves because if I don’t, I ALWAYS end up touching my eyes!

65. You could get the precooked Jimmy Sausage and skip a step.

66. Paula Morgan says:

These sound so very good!! I would personally go with the pre-cooked Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles myself, because then it would much easier to make smaller batches for myself.

67. nancyfancypink says:

these look great! I love jalepenos and learned the hard way to use a spoon or wear gloves when removing the seeds…

68. update: I made these last night & they are delicious! I made half jalapeno, half sweet peppers. They were both delicious and my guests loved them! My hubby said they’d be even better wrapped in bacon LOL

69. Dandi D says:

Yum, I can’t wait to have some fresh jalapenos from the garden so I can try these! I just love spicy foods!

70. Dawn Sterner says:

These look so delicious! I’m always looking for new dinner ideas & I think my whole family would love this! I can’t wait to try these. Thanks for sharing 🙂

71. My hubby loves stuffed jalapenos! I never thought to stuff them with sausage though, these look so delicious!

72. Rebecca Wilson says:

What a fun variant on the jalapeno popper! The sausage is a grand touch. They look delicious.

73. I made this and my family love them. I probably would make more next weekend. Thank you for sharing your recipe.

74. Thanks for the recipe! Looks so delicious. some of the people in my family are pretty wimpy when it comes to spicy food so I may switch from jalapenos to bell peppers.

75. I love poppers. I still need to get around to trying these out.

76. katrina c. says:

mmm… I love jalepeno poppers! These are also SOOOO versatile! thanks for sharing!

77. nancyfancypink says:

These look addicting! I love all the ingredients, so I’m sure I would love these!

78. They look so good! Thank you for sharing.

79. M.Clark says:

This is a great party snack, finger food always makes a great party snack. Thank you for sharing this great recipe.

80. We all love cheese stuffed jalapeno peppers on the grill. I like mine with a sharper cheese. Will have to try these with the sausage now -thanks for the recipe

81. This is a fun recipe. Thank you for sharing and less unhealthy due to not being fried.

82. Terri S says:

These look so good. I love jalapenos! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

83. Sarah Elyce says:

These look fantastic. I love jalapeños, cheese, and sausage so the combination could not get any more perfect. Pinning for later use. Thanks!

84. I wonder if the jalapeno cooking part could be made on the grill? My husband has an unending supply of these and likes to grill.

85. These sound great! You have so many wonderful recipes – you are a good cooker!!!

86. I am not a fan of jalopenos; however, I have family members who are. Thank you for the recipe!

87. M.Clark says:

I must admit these cheesy sausage stuffed jalapenos are not very attractive, but they are absolutely delicious. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

88. These would be so much healthier than fried ones. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

89. Mmm I have to pin these for my husband and father in law! 🙂

90. jenn huey says:

I have made Poppers before but never thought to put cheddar cheese on top. My kids love cheese so these would be a huge hit

91. Lauryn R says:

These look SO good!! I have never had them with sausage before, but it sounds delicious! I especially like that you use cheddar and cream cheese! I bookmarked this and will definitely be making them very soon!

92. Kelly Faber says:

This recipe is my cup of tea! I love jalapenos!! I have heard of stuffed jalapenos with cream cheese but not with beef and cheese-yum! Thank you for sharing this recipe I cannot wait to make it! 🙂

93. Oooh…these look so good! I love cream cheese and jalapenos together!

94. My sons really like these. They love anything hot so this fit the bill. Thank you so much for sharing

95. My family loves Jalapenos. These sound so good. Thank you so much for sharing

96. Chris loves jalapenos, thank you very much for sharing this delicious recipe with us.

97. My dad will love these. I am making them for him.