Recipe: Coconut Chick Cupcakes for Spring and Easter

Chick Cupcakes EDIT photo #1

It’s almost Spring which means Easter is right around the corner. I love making season themed treats as well as cute treats for Easter. We always have playgroup parties, and we always bring super cute ideas that looks like a Pinterest get together! I get most of my ideas from Pinterest! I wanted to share with you this super easy, and yummy and cute way to make Baby Chick Cupcakes for your next Spring Party or Easter dinner or even a get together for dessert! These are adorable Cupcakes for Spring and Easter!

Ingredients:
2 cups coconut
Yellow Food coloring or Wilton’s Icing Color Gel
48 brown M&M’s
1 bag of Starburst Minis
24 frosted cupcakes (I just make mine with a simple box mix, and ice with store bought frosting)

Chick Cupcakes EDIT shared photo #2

To color the coconut yellow place 2 cups of flake coconut into a ziploc bag.
Next add in yellow food coloring or Wilton Icing Color gel, by dropping just a few drops into the bag.
Chick Cupcakes EDIT shared photo #1
Shake the color together with the coconut, add more color until desired color is achieved.
Place the colored coconut on top of freshly frosted cupcakes.
Shake off any excess coconut. (It sticks best if you add it directly after you frost the cupcakes.)
Now add two brown M&M’s on top for the eyes and use a mini starburst for the beak.

Chick Cupcakes EDIT 2 photo #1

That’s it for our Coconut Chick Cupcakes for Spring and Easter! Let me know if you make them! I’d like to hear your thoughts!

Feel free to pin this on Pinterest! You can also link to this in your blog/website as long as you give me credit with a link back to my post.
Any questions, please email everythingmommyhood@gmail.com.

Comments

1. These are adorable and seem to be simple enough to do.

2. oh my gosh those are just so cute! and look so easy to make.thanks for sharing about them!

3. These Baby Chick Cupcakes are adorable! I can’t wait to get my grand-kids in the kitchen and have fun with them while we make these cuties together!

4. These are so beautiful and bright, everything that Easter reminds me of!

5. Dorothy Boucher says:

these are just too cute, what a great way for the children to participate.. it would have been fun to see the chicks in different pastel colors ๐Ÿ™‚ nice work thanks for share @tisonlyme143

6. These are too cute! Thank you for sharing with us. Adorable.

7. What a fun recipe. My kids would love making these. Thanks for the recipe.

8. Hillary H. says:

Mmm, these are adorable and look delicious. I think it’d be fun to try them without coloring the cocounut. Maybe make bunnies? ๐Ÿ™‚

9. gigi borden says:

oh my gahhh these are absolutely adorable! thank you so much for sharing, we will definitely be making these! excited!!!

These look so cute. I know that any kid would love them. Your directions are very clear and easy to follow. It is also nice to see a spring themed item when it is still so cold and snowy here – with more snow coming

11. Stephanie H. says:

Oh my goodness these are darling! I will definitely be making these with my boys ASAP! I love that they are simple yet really cute. Hopefully easy enough that I won’t mess them up ๐Ÿ˜‰

12. These are so cute and seem so easy to decorate. This would be a great project for my boys and I to do together for Easter.

13. Those are too cute! It’s really nice to see something bright and colorful. Spring will get here. Right?

14. These would be good to fix for my grandkids.They would just love these and they would think grandma was the greatest.lol

15. Marcia Lee says:

Your cup cakes are adorable and would make a great hit at Easter dinner. For that matter they are so cute and look so delicious they would make a hit anytime.

16. Tammy Marie Markham says:

These cupcakes are so cute. i’m hosting Easter dinner this year, and i am probably going to make these as one of my desserts. Thank you.

17. rosa rogers says:

these are adorable,this is perfect for easter.thank you for sharing.

18. My kids are going to love these! Perfect for a surprise Easter treat! I cannot wait to try making them, looks pretty ready to make too!!!

19. Gretchen Duplisea says:

My kids would love to help me make these for Easter.

20. Justine Tejeda says:

Oh these are just the cutest little cupcakes! My boys would absolutely love to make these for Easter! Great post!

21. Jessica Parent says:

Adorable and EASY to make-Exactly what I’m looking for for creative holiday food.Thanks…..will most definitely be making these for an Easter treat

22. Gina Hiskes says:

These are too cute! My kids would have so much fun putting these together with me, too. Those are the best recipes, the ones that taste good and are kid-friendly.

23. How cute! My husband loves coconut and my boys like playing with their food. This would be great for our family. Thanks for sharing.

24. LOVE how adorable these are! But I wonder if there would be another ingredient besides coconut that would give it a similar look? I am not a huge raw coconut fan, but I do enjoy toasted coconut..I’d have to try it to see if it would look ok as a chick, though. Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

25. Julie Wood says:

I want to make these for Easter. Easter is April 20, and that gives me a lot of time to make these cute Coconut chicks cupcakes. They are so cute! My family will love them, and they are easy to make.

26. GOTTA TELL THE GRAND-KIDS ABOUT THIS–THANKS FOR SHARING..

27. adrienne l rudolph says:

these are adorable im going to have to try making these for the kids this easter. thanks for sharing

28. Dianna Thomas says:

These are so cute!– Perfect for the up coming spring –maybe Easter desert for our kids.. Its coming up in April so plenty of time to collect what would need.It really helps when you add all the information step by step–thanks

29. Cute. My daughter would love helping with these. Filing this away for Easter brunch ideas. Thanks!

30. I’ve been looking for a cute spring dessert with mothers day and easter around the corner! These just may be the ticket!

31. I am glad you posted these ever so cute cupcakes.My grandchildren always want to bake with me and these are perfect for little children to help with.

32. This is such a fun idea. You could even go simpler and make the coconut green for grass and put robin eggs on the top!

33. These are the first cupcakes I have seen anywhere for Spring and Easter. They are bright and adorable. I love coconut and that’s another plus. Thanks for showing such a beautiful photo and the hope for spring and another happy holiday.

34. These are cute and they look delicious, thank you for sharing this great recipe.

35. Christine L. says:

Oh these look good! I want to try this so badly!

36. You may ice with store bought frosting, but my cupcakes never will look as good as your before picture with the frosting on the cupcake before you added the yellow coconut. They are gorgeous. Mind telling us how you did it?

37. Love These!! I love Spring its my favorite season. My 16 yr old loves makin cupcakes & takin & sharin them with her friends at school so Im sure this would be a hit for her & everyone at school that’s lucky enough to get one.

38. These are adorable! They remind me of the lamb/rabbit cake my grandma used to make each easter, it also had the coconut all over the top. These would be great for my granddaughters. Thanks for the idea.

39. How do people come up with these cute ideas? I’m happy to ice the cupcakes evenly.

40. Never too early to plan for Easter, after this winter it can’t come soon enough. I love these chic cupcakes and I know my family will love them too. Thanks for sharing.

41. Oh my goodness! SO cute! I love coconut… and chocolate! Yummy! Oh! Instead of M&M’s, you could use Almond Joy Pieces! More browns in the bag, plus more coconut/chocolate flavor.

42. What a great idea to celebrate spring and Easter. These cupcakes are sure to be a hit with my daughter and her friends. Now I just need to find the time to make them… ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you for sharing.

43. These Baby Chick Cupcakes are adorable! I would love to make this with my son. Thank you for sharing.

44. These are so cute! What a fun activity to do with my niece ๐Ÿ™‚

45. These cupcakes are adorable! My granddaughters would love these as would I. Not sure they like coconut but everything else looks yummy. They would probably love helping me make them too! Come Easter time I will have to get this recipe out and have them help me make them!!

46. RICHARD HICKS says:

These are the cutest cupcakes i have seen in a while. What a great way to celebrate Easter.

47. Valerie Guerrero says:

they are so adorable and unique i am going to try these out on easter try somethig new

48. These would be perfect for even a very young child to help make!

49. Maria Schaeuffler says:

These are so adorable! I will def. make them this Easter for my tot!

50. Angelica Almaguer says:

What a perfect recipe for kids! I love it, I am going to try these. Thank you for sharing.

51. chris anderson says:

Easter is my favorite holiday and these little chicks are so cute. I would love to make them with my children.

52. I love the creativity here! Very cute idea! I will be making these.

53. These look perfect for spring!

54. The girls and me are looking forward to making the chic cupcakes!

55. These are so cute and I bet my great niece would love to help make them! Thank you for sharing!

56. These are adorable! Any thoughts on coconut alternatives to still make them look “fluffy”?

57. Janette Polivka says:

This is such a cute and unique idea!! Adorable idea to make with the kiddos! Then they could share them with their friends and be a hit!!!

58. Christina Strapp says:

These are so cute!! I may have to try to make these with my daughter. I think she would love them.

59. Alison Gibb says:

These look as yummy as they are cute! I wish I liked coconut but other than that, Yum!!!

60. Dorothy Boucher says:

i was just think of st patty’s day coming up and easter , how nice it is to make these, everyone loves cupcakes , more so when they look so cute lolll thanks for share @tisonlyme143

61. I know a sweet little three year old that will be thrilled to make these!! She will call them ducks though, she is convinced all poultry that is the rough size of a duck is a duck lol. Thank you for these!!

62. curiouskit10 says:

Ahhhhh so cute! The beak is ingenious, perfect shape. I never would have thought of a candy that doesn’t look anything like a beak when it’s not stuffed into frosting, but that’s thinking in 3D.

63. Michelle King says:

These are so cute and easy to make! You could even have the kids help decorate. I’m pretty sure this will be a mommy-son baking day activity in my house!

64. This would be a fun project to make with the children. They would probably make a mess, depending on their age. But, so what!

65. I love these!! I have made cupcakes that look like nests for Easter using coconut but these are even cuter! As Lisa said, it will be a fun to do with kids!

66. chantal ronchetto says:

These are so CUTE!! I’m definitely making these for Easter. It’ll be a great snack to get the Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt started!

67. Piper Leigh says:

These are adorable! My daughter would have a blast making these. Thanks for the idea.

68. tracy thorpe says:

These little chicks are so cute and fun. My son would love to have these as a treat. Maybe it something he and his memaw will have to make together.

69. Omg could these get any cuter!! And they look delicious too. Going to pass this on to Daughter who is starting a cupcake business. Thanks!

70. How cute are these?! My kids would adore having these for Easter… and they even help make them since they are simple enough!

71. I love those chick cupcakes! They are so cute and seem easy to make.

72. Lorayne Gothard says:

I love these!! They are so cute!! My daughters would have a great making these. I am going to pin these so we can make them for Easter!! Thank you.

73. Dawn Monzu says:

Those may be the cutest dessert I have ever seen! I don’t know if I could even eat them! I’d be afraid they would chirp….haha The thing I absolutely love is that they seem so easy! Kids would love helping Mom or Dad with these. Thank you so much for the idea!!!!

74. Tatiana Bartlett says:

how cute! And we love coconut so they’d be a hit here ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks!

75. Christine L. says:

I love these, I can’t wait for Easter to make them!

76. Oh, first recipe I see and I love it. Sharing with my dil. So cute!

77. Ashley Avelar says:

This is so cute! I am definitely going to use this recipe for Easter.

78. Valerie Guerrero says:

these look great and very creative thanks for sharing recipe

79. kelly willis says:

oh wow these are so cute and they look easy enough i can make them for a kids easter party i host

80. Darci, these are amazing! We at VegThisway had never thought of using coconut to create chick-like feathers, but it’s so inventive! We ourselves love using natural fruits in our Rawr bars. We’re looking forward to seeing more recipes from you.

81. These cupcakes are so adorable. It would be alot of fun to make them with my 2 year old and even more fun to eat them afterwards. We are huge cupcake fans in my house and these would be perfect to bring for the kids in the family as an easter gift rather than the usual chocolate eggs and bunnies. Thanks for sharing.

82. These are absolutely adorable, and would probably be a good way for me to sneak coconut in on my kids. LOL. I love coconut!

83. Allison Downes says:

These are so cute and festive for Easter! I will have to try this recipe. Thank you for sharing!

84. Melissa G. says:

These are so cute! I would love to try these, but I have a feeling mine would end up on that cakefail website.

85. These are adorable. Are these your own creations? If so you are very creative. I’m going to give this recipe to my friends. I know they will feel the same way I do. Thanks

86. angela smith says:

aww these are too cute.i need to make these for easter.now i’m hungry for cupcakes.

87. These are adorable!!!! I want to make them for my kids!!!

88. These are the cutest deserts I have yet to see for Easter. I love all the treats at Easter but they all kinda run together. This one looks unique and looks as if a normal not so crafty person like me could make it look professional. Thanks

89. Kimberly Williams says:

These are just way TOO CUTE! I do think a jazzier name is deserved here. How about Chickie TOO CUTE CUPCAKES or TOO CUTE CHIKIES cupcakes? These would be so great at an Easter Party for the kiddies & the big kiddies like us. I wish I had this idea when my daughter was little. Great Mommy & daughter (or son) together project! Kids just love to create with Mommy! But my baby is 30 & no kiddies yet!

90. I wish that I had the creativity to come up with ideas like this. So cute!

91. You are so talented & creative-they are just darling….can’t wait to make them with my 5 year old grandson…he’ll love them!

92. These are so cute! Can’t wait to make these with the little ones.

93. Now how awesome are these! Thanks for posting this very thorough post! I’m going to try this!

94. Robyn B. says:

These are just so cute, and look so easy to make.

95. Alison Gibb says:

These are so cute! I bet they are as yummy as they are adorable!

96. OMG, these cupcakes are the cutest!!! I love coconut already so these will be a huge hit in my house!! Thanks for posting and COME ON SPRING!!!

97. Blessed Assurance says:

Hello and Thank You for the Recipe I like that I have another additional way to use coconut.

98. I think this coconut chicks are so cute. I will make these for my grandkids they will just love it. Thanks so much.

99. I love these so much! These will be perfect to bring to my family Easter! They don’t even look all that tough to make!

100. Alicia Morris says:

The chicks are so cute and look easy to do I like making the kids things for Easter and letting them help I think this will be great for them to do

101. This would be great to get the kids involved too! I love this idea to include in our easter dessert buffet we have yearly at my aunts house. And I love coconut!! They are so cute that they would be hard to eat.

102. Are you going to be posting any new recipes anytime soon? I enjoy trying them and have pretty much been through these. Thanks!

103. I love coconut and this is a prefect spring time recipes.

104. Julie Wood says:

I want to make these delicious awesome cupcakes for Easter next month. They are so cute, and I love cupcakes they taste so good. I will have to start getting all the ingredients. Thanks for the recipe.

105. Easy, adorable, attention getting!!! Wow! Nice to have a recipe that can pack this much wallop with the tiniest efforts!!!

106. Jessica Medina says:

Goodness..these are really adorable! I will have to try these for my kiddos. I am sure they will get a kick out of them!

107. I really like how these are decorated. I love to bake but never seem to have enough things to bake with and end up making a simple cake or cupcakes. These are sweet I am sure. Thank you, Jerri Davis

108. These are ADORABLE and would be SUPER FUN to make with kids. Thank you again for sharing.

109. Sharon DiAmore says:

These Baby Chick Cupcakes are simply adorable! They would be wonderful for a school party.

110. I like to make cupcakes instead of cake. Whenever I bake a cake it goes stale before it’s eaten.

111. The chicks are very cute, but it would be great to find a way to add some ears, dye the coconut pink and make bunny rabbit cupcakes.

112. Baby chicks usually always bring back memories of my kids when they were young during Easter. These are really cute ~ yellow coloring in the spring for chicks and white coloring in the winter for snowmen.

113. These cupcakes are absolutely the cutest thing I have ever seen. I wish I had the patience to made and decorate cupcakes and cakes. Thank you for sharing.

Linda Meyers-Gabbard

114. Cindy Nace says:

Those look so cute. I am going to make those for my 13 grandbabies

115. Sandra VanHoey says:

I am thinking of making these for Easter and sending with my great nephew to school. They would so enjoy these

116. Deborah D says:

These are cute! My kids will enjoy “helping” me make these.

117. Sue Hull says:

I love these chick cupcakes! I think I want to make these and the Easter basket cupcakes.They’d be so cute together. I know my nieces would love making these. My sister loves to bake so they always make something yummy for every holiday/birthday. Thank you for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

118. Now would be the perfect time to make this. Easter is almost here and it’s finally starting to feel like spring.

119. Dandi D says:

These are so cute and perfect for Easter! My son would love to help me make these.

120. these are too cute! They’ll be perfect for my preschool play date, thank you!

121. These are too adorable, too cute, love to make them for Easter!

122. nancyfancypink says:

It’s really cool how you can color coconut like that! I think I will make these for Easter for my father-in-law who loves coconut!

123. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I love baking with my granddaughter, and I think she’ll enjoy helping me decorate these.

124. These also would be fun to make around XMAS and made red birds for cardinals.

125. I’m thinking about these for our Easter family get together with all of the little ones, I think they’ll love them.

126. That looks like a fun project for the kids. They can be creative and come up with all kinds of fun designs.

127. Very cute cupcakes, and they don’t seem like they’d be all that difficult to make. My mom always put coconut in the icing as “fur” for the bunny cakes she made every Easter too. Sweet memories!

128. This cupcakes are so cute. I would love to make them for Easter. My son would love to decorate the cupcakes.

129. These are super fun. Thank you for posting.

130. Very cute. I’m sure you could come up with all kinds of fun decorating ideas that the kids can help with.

131. These are too cute, thank you for sharing with us!

132. These would be a great for a kids party too!

133. Cupcakes that dont have to be made just for Easter. They would be cute for any kids party. Easy to make and fun to decorate for them. thanks for the recipe and directions

134. These are super fun! Thank you for sharing this cute recipe with us.

135. Terri S says:

These are super cute!!! I love them! Thank you so much for sharing.

136. Edna Williams says:

These are so cute. Thank you for sharing!

137. These are so cute! I will have to remember these for next year. Easter is one of my favorite holidays! Thank you for your post!

138. These are cute. It’s nice to dress up a simple dessert, and it doesn’t take a long time.

139. M.Clark says:

I think this is a versatile recipe, you don’t necessarily have to make a chick, you can just frost the cupcake and cover it with coconut. You can change the color of the coconut depending on what holiday you’re celebrating, for Valentine’s Day you can have red and pick cupcakes, for Christmas you can have red and green cupcakes, etcetera. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

140. These are just too cute for words. Thank you for posting.

141. Terri S says:

I love these! So cute! Thank you for sharing.

142. Linda H says:

These are absolutely adorable! To be honest, I’ve never played around with frosting and decorating baked goods before, so I had never even thought of dying coconut flakes! That is brilliant and it looks so simple. I’m gonna do this next Easter! Thanks for sharing!

143. Kelly Faber says:

Oh these are adorable! I am saving this recipe for Easter next year!! Great idea to color the frosting! Ill have to try sometime!

144. These are so cute. I will be giving these a try soon. Thank you for sharing

145. These are adorable and look like so much fun to make.

These are so cute and fun to make. Thank you so much for sharing

147. I think these are just too cute. Thank you for sharing this fun recipe with us.

148. Deborah D says:

Looks yummy and so easy to make.

149. Dandi D says:

These are so cute and just perfect for spring!