Recipe: Heath Bits Apple Dip

AppleDip2This is one recipe that you will make, again and again. It’s so good!
I recently took this to a superbowl party at my friends house and it was gone before anything else. In fact, once the apples were gone, people were eating this with a spoon. I may or may not have been one of those people. It really is THAT good. This would be perfect for an after dinner dessert, or even for Valentine’s Day!

Ingredients:
1 block of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup of light brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 container of caramel apple dip from the produce section
1/2 bag of Heath Toffee Bits (found by the chocolate chips)

Cream together the cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla. I use my mixer and just let it whip together until combined.
In a pie plate, put the cream cheese mixture in and spread around to make an even layer.
Next you will need to heat up the caramel apple dip just a bit in the microwave so it’s easy to pour and spread around. Make it the next layer on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Now top the caramel with a layer of the Heath Toffee Bits, which will take approximately half the bag.

Dig in!! I recommend Granny Smith Apples as they seem to go really well with the sweetness of the apple dip! I have also used red delicious apples, and of course, just a spoon!

AppleDip1

I hope you try it!! Tell me what you think!

Comments

1. That is such a great recipe. I love sweet dips.

2. WOW–THIS LOOKS AND SOUNDS GREAT-THANKS FOR SHARING THE RECIPE..

3. I can’t say that I’ve ever had an apple dip, but this looks really good!

4. gigi borden says:

oh my goodness, this looks scrumptious! trying!!!

5. This looks so yummy! I will need to try it asap!

6. Wow that looks amazing..thank you for sharing with us.

7. This sounds addictive!

8. Oh my goodness that sounds absolutely delicious! If that’s what I need to get the kids to eat more apples, so be it. LOL.

9. Wow. This looks so delicious! I have to try it. Thank you for sharing your recipe.

10. Dorothy Boucher says:

well its definitely something different, never heard of this but me, i am always looking for good recipes or fun stuff to try ;) thanks for share @tisonlyme143

11. Cream cheese, brown sugar, caramel apple dip, vanilla & toffee bits: if I brought this to a shower, this dessert would have everybody’s attention. It sounds and looks fantastic.

12. Huri Kouzouyan says:

Oh Wow! This looks sooooo decadent, and the granny smith apples are my fave for tartness! This sounds soooo good!

13. Adrienne L Rudolph says:

this looks yummy, going to have to try it soon. thank you

14. This dip looks great. I have a serious sweet tooth for anything involving caramel or cream cheese. I am pinning this one for sure. Thanks for sharing!!

15. Oh wow I am making this tomorrow.

This is a great recipe. I have never made a sweet dip, but I shall try this. I wonder how it would be in a graham crust , but I guess it is too soft of that.

17. Stephanie H. says:

This looks amazing! My kids and I love apples, so I’ll definitely be trying this soon! Thanks!

18. I love this recipe. It’s excellent with Granny Smith apples.

19. Annette Herbst says:

This looks so good I may have to make it for Valentines. Thank you for sharing

20. Oh, this recipe looks divine. I’m getting weary of soups, stews and the cold weather that calls for all the hot, heavy meals. I am delighted to read the ingredients of your recipe. I love all of them. A post that brought hope for better days. Kudos.

21. Kate Allen says:

This looks so good! Healthy with a little touch of bad! Love it!

22. This sound so good, will have to try it!

23. OMG!! This looks so good! My kiddoes would eat this up in a minute… if I let them get to it before I did!! HA

I tried this recipe and love it . I do prefer granny smith apples slices with it and I added 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon to the cream cheese mixture.

25. Alison Gibb says:

I love anything with cream cheese! I will make this tomorrow for the family!

26. sherry blamer says:

This sounds so great. something I am definitely gonna make for my family.

27. This sounds amazing! I can’t wait to try it out – thank you so much for sharing!

28. This looks incredible! My family would love this. We are huge apple fans. This is going on our menu one night nect week. Thanks!

29. This sounds so good. It reminds me of the fall. Definitely a must-try recipe!

30. I tried this. It is amazing. It also tastes good on green pepper slices and celery.

31. Marcia Lee says:

Every time I am searching for recipes on your blog I go pass the picture of your Heath Bits Apple Dip and I get hungry for this delicious dessert. I have to get Heath Bits on my shopping list.

32. This recipe looks and sounds amazing cant wait to try it

33. Wow, this one looks really good! I may have to bookmark this page and see what other yummy recipes are posted.

34. Cheney Gadrim says:

WOW! this recipe looks so good AND so delicious! I This looks like the perfect dish to share with my family at our next get together, which happens quite often. I bet they are going to love this!

35. Uh, oh. I think I’d be the one just using a spoon. Yum!

36. This not only looks good but simple to make. I’m sure it would be a hit at church & would go great with apples, grahm crackers & of course with a spoon.

37. Sherry Compton says:

Looks good. Sounds delicious. I’m all for the just a spoon part. Dig in!

38. This dip is also good on carrot sticks. It would probably be tasty on green pepper slices or celery sticks.

39. I am going to have to make this! It looks so delicious, and my family would love to have this dip with fruit! I also would like to try it on chips!

40. Gina Hiskes says:

My husband was looking over my shoulder and said, “Heath bits? Make it!” He absolutely loves anything with Heath bits and he’s eating so healthy lately, I’ll have to make him this for a late night movie snack. Awesome!

41. This looks sooooo yummy! I love anything apple this will be added to my must try recipes. I’m not sure it would be used as a dip in my house, unless a spoon counts :)

42. Christine L. says:

This is wonderful! I love apple everything, so this is a great recipe for me

43. Jessica Parent says:

The cream cheese and Heath bar crunchies on top sucked me in.As soon as Im allowed to go shopping again-looks like I have some ingredients to pick up-Looks way better than the simple caramel I typically use to dip my appples.Thanks

44. Dorothy Boucher says:

i am always looking for different types of recipes , i enjoy making things for my company and sharing it with my neighbors.. this definitely looks like something i want to try, thanks @tisonlyme143

45. Brittany Cornejo says:

Yum. I always make just the cream cheese and brow sugar, now I will have to add the caramel and Heath bits! So good!

46. This sounds lovely. I think even my picky granddaughter might like it. ty!

47. Christina Strapp says:

I will definitely have to try this!! I like just regular caramel with my apples but this sounds even better!

48. ashlie elari says:

Oh my this sounds and looks amazing I can’t wait to make this for our next get together or even just to snack on my kids would love this too thank you

49. Such an Amazing recipe and perfect to go on the go snack!!! Would be def trying this at home really soon.Thanks for the great recipe!!!

50. Renee Patterson Travis says:

This looks and sounds wonderful. I like apples, but I don’t like the skin on them, so this would get me to eat them more! LOL

51. I keep finding vegetables and fruits that go with this dip. I tried it on banana. It tastes really good.

52. Please excuse the drool, but this looks absolutely delicious!!!! I am totally bookmarking this and making it for the next party/gathering we attend!! Thank you so much sharing!

53. I love the Heath toffee bits. I didn’t know that they made those until I saw this recipe. Excellent, I love this stuff!

54. This looks so good! I’m a total push over for a fruity dessert!

55. This looks and sounds delicious. I have not tried it yet, but it’s definitely something I really must try. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

56. What I love most about this recipe (umm not having tasted it yet) is that it is different!!! but different in a good way, not weird! I would love to bring this to a get together, and also just have it for regular snacking – wow!! and so easy!

57. Jessica Medina says:

This looks yummy! pinned it to my pinterest!

58. Dang this sounds so good. Thank you again for sharing with us.

59. Dianna Thomas says:

yup!!! I tried it and its allllllll mine– this is so hard to share—lol– it hits the sweet tooth spot– thanks <3

60. Guess what I’m making and taking over to my friends house this weekend.We are invited over for dinner and this is going to be the best treat.I know they are going to love it.Thanks so much for sharing this simple but delicious recipe.

61. I could see both myself and my sister up all night long just taking another tiny bite of this one. We will try this out.

62. Deborah D says:

This looks really good. The heath bits did it for me. I hope to make this this weekend.

63. Oh my goodness, this looks sooo good! I love heath bars and caramel and all of it. You could use a ton of different fruits like bananas, pears, strawberries, etc., or even pretzels.

64. This is every bit as good as store bought fruit dip. It turns out be be a bit less expensive too.

65. nancyfancypink says:

Heath is my favorite candy bar! I bet I would LOVE this!

66. Anything using Heath is a win! I’m going to bring this to my next Bunco game!

67. This looks crazy delicious. Thank you so much for sharing.

68. This looks delicious. we need a dessert this weekend for my brother’s birthday gathering. I think I will try this out!

69. I think I would have to save this for a party of share it because it looks TOO GOOD.

70. There are so many fruit dips that can used with vegetables too. This is very good with carrot sticks.

71. M.Clark says:

This is an interesting one, I would never think to make a dip for apples. It definitely makes a great party treat, thank you for sharing this recipe.

72. This looks so good! Thank you for sharing this dip recipe with us.

73. I think I would eat apples every day if I had this. Thanks again.

74. Terri S says:

I love anything apple! This looks so good. Thank you for sharing.

75. This dip sounds delicious! I cannot wait to make it for my family! Thank you for your post!

76. Edna Williams says:

That looks really scrumptious. I will need to try this!

77. It’s a good fruit dip. I like it on carrot sticks and green pepper slices too. It’s easy to make and holds up well in the fridge.

78. Terri S says:

This looks so incredible! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

79. jenn huey says:

I love dipping my apples in the caramel that you buy at the store but this is like having your cake and eating it too. I am so glad I saw this recipe and I can’t wait to make it

80. I love this dip on a granny smith apple. I like the contrast of sweet and sour. Other apples are a bit too sweet to begin with to add a dip.