America’s Obsession with Fad Diets #sponsored

We all have done it, diets…try to lose weight, gain it back, try another diet, lose weight, and gain it back. It’s a vicious cycle. I wanted to share this infographic with you, that I thought was important!
Fad Dieting: America's Obsession with Starving for Attention

Presented by: Mocavo – Genealogy Search

Comments

1. Julie Wood says:

I wish that washing with soap helped me slim down. I do not know how anyone can believe this. My Dad smoked Lucky Strike cigarettes. These cigarettes had no filters and they were gross. I could not lose weight with smoking. That Ayds diet what a joke. My mom and sister did this diet and did not lose any weight. They ate these things like candy! I like the Weight Watchers diet. It is the best!

2. Wait, are you saying that indulging in drinking and smoking isn’t a good diet? haha My mother, her mother, and then her mother all told me that about chewing your food 100 times. It was so gross after about 20 bites that I did lose my appetite, so I guess it was a sort of weight loss program.

3. My mom lost a lot of weight with Weight Watchers. I think it’s probably one of the better programs out there because it teaches people to watch what and how much they eat.
    Oh, by the way, I’m a fellow MS girl. I live in Newton County šŸ™‚

4. I work has the Weight Watchers program and it is very helpful. I would recommend it for people since it’s pretty easy to follow. You just watch what you and eat. Most of all you need to excercise…not complicated and it works.

5. That is so ridiculous the lengths women will go to. It isn’t difficult to stay trim. You can eat whatever you want. Just do it in moderation.

6. Dandi D says:

We just eat the best whole and natural foods that we can with our resources. We eat lots and lots of veggies, but we get to have some meat a carbs too. Not a diet–just healthy food choices.

7. laceylong27574 says:

I love the information, it is amazing to see all the fad diets. When will people see just good old fashion exercise is what will work.

8. It is crazy what people have done to lose weight.

9. Deborah D says:

I wish all of these would have worked. The tapeworm diet excluded! Thinking about consuming a tapeworm makes me half sick!

10. I enjoyed the sarcastic tone of this infographic! I’m glad that over the years, people have become more skeptical of diets that truly seem unbelievably unhealthy and illogical. Eating healthy and exercising is probably the best way to stay fit, in my opinion!

11. nancy chipriano says:

Diet and exercise are so important. A lot of these fad diets are unhealthy and actually hurt you!

12. darlene says:

It’s crazy how weight loss can lead to some crazy fads. I remember being part of the low fat craze and then a few years later it was the low carb craze. It’s so hard to know what really works sometimes!

13. Terri S says:

Thank you so much for sharing. I didn’t realize how old some diets are!!