Recipe: Easy Oven Roasted Asparagus

OvenRoastedAsparagus2

I have to admit I absolutely LOVE asparagus, I could eat it every day, with every meal, or even as a meal on it’s own. I never had made it myself though until recently, and this is the most simple and best recipe I have made. It only requires FOUR ingredients!

OvenRoastedAsparagusIngredients:
1lb of fresh Asparagus1 tablespoon or so of your favorite Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper (Freshly ground is preferred)

-Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees. You MUST use a high heat for roasting.
-Make sure the ends of your asparagus are trimmed. The easiest way to do this is to hold a stalk in one hand and snap off the end with the other. It will break exactly where needed.
asparagus2
-Rinse off your asparagus under the water, drain, and then pat dry. To roast them, you have to make sure they are dried, as you don’t want them to steam from the water.
-Drizzle on the olive oil, and generously season with salt & pepper.
-Lay out on a cookie sheet tray, where each asparagus is touching the tray.
asparagus3
-Roast at 425 for 10-15 minutes depending on how done you like your asparagus.
-Remove from oven and enjoy, you can squeeze a lemon over top or sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese. I like it with both!

asparagus4

This is SUPER simple to make, it tastes great, is healthy for you, and a great side to make when having guests.

Try it and let me know what you think!
Have you made it before?
Do you have any other tips?

Comments

1. Yum! I’ve made these before but it’s been a while so I think this post is a nice reminder to make them again! I love asparagus boiled or baked, but I love these for the different ways you can season them after baking. I will have to try out parmesan and the lime/lemon drizzle!

2. Sally T. says:

I love asperagus~my son-in-law makes it this way,very very good.

3. One of our favorite veggies, my sister makes them often. Lots of times they will put on grill, sometime bake. We need to try with the parmesan cheese, that sounds good

4. I love roasted veggies, I will try this out when asparagus is on sale. Thank you for sharing with us.

5. Sarah Elyce says:

I didn’t think I liked asparagus until I ate it roasted in the oven. I love it this way but don’t like it steamed. I’m an odd one.

6. nancyfancypink says:

This sounds great! I love asparagus and will try it this week.

7. I make these a lot, and eat most of them by myself! YUM

8. I love asparagus. I rarely eat it because I tend to overcook it. I never thought to roast it.Duh! I’m going to try it. Thanks!

9. Dandi D says:

We have recently discovered how much we love roasted veggies. So healthy and simple!

10. M.Clark says:

I like asparagus, I have never had it roasted before, I can’t wait to try it. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

11. I love asparagus and usually make it this way as well. It really doesn’t need much else done to it and the lemon just makes the flavor pop! It’s almost asparagus season here and I can’t wait for the first fresh cutting!

12. Rebecca Wilson says:

I love asparagus but have never had it roasted before. I need to remedy that problem and soon ๐Ÿ˜€ I love lemon on it already, had never heard of putting on the Parmesan, I need to try that.

13. maria carrasco says:

This looks so good. I love asparagus and I have to try your recipe. Thank you for sharing.

14. I made this. It turned out perfect. I like some crispness, not too much. I will never boil asparagus again.

Roasting vegetables always brings pour more flavor. I have pan roasted asparagus, but not yet oven roasted them. I shall try this simple version soon.

16. GOTTA TRY THIS FOR SURE–I LOVE ASPARAGUS–THANKS FOR THE INFO…

17. Christina Strapp says:

I love roasted asparagus!! What I like is to marinate some asparagus with Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic. I then bake the asparagus with some of the juice. So good!!

18. Yumm! I just some asparagus on sale at Walmart today so I’m going back there tomorrow to try this recipe! Thank you for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

19. Spring!! Love roasted asparagus. I add garlic salt.

slehan at juno dot com

20. Alicia Randon says:

This looks tasty! I usually make mine on the stove top grill. Especially this time of year in AZ when it’s too warm for the oven. I will definitely save this for one of our “cooler” days.

21. Grocery stores have it on sale this week. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

slehan at juno dot com

22. Great recipe. I love asparagus! Definitely a tasty way to get some healthy veggies in as a side dish.

23. My husband loves asparagus and I never thought of roasting it in the oven. Your pictures are great and definitely make the asparagus look yummy.

24. We make asparagus like this all the time! We have to serve the other dishes first though, because otherwise my 1 and 2 year olds will only eat asparagus for dinner lol!

25. Darlen Wissenz says:

Spring, a succulent time for asparagus. Can not wait to try this.

26. Lynda Cook says:

can’t wait for the asparagus, we love it!!

27. laurie nykaza says:

We love asparagus and this looks like such an easy way to cook it . I didn’t know you could bake it will have to give it a try for dinner.

28. I think people that don’t like veggies should try them roasted. I used to hate asparagus but mom always served them from a can. Fresh is best. I also love roasted Brussels sprouts and I used to hate them but I was always served boiled to me.

29. Tamra Phelps says:

I’m not a big fan of asparagus, but Mom loves it, so I might try this for her!

30. rochelle haynes says:

Never tried this maybe i will give it a try

31. Never really thought to roast them, and it’s easy enough. Can’t wait to give it a try. Thanks!

32. Lesley F says:

This is one of my favorite ways to make asparagus! So good

33. rebeka deleon says:

We just bought 2 jars of marinated asparagus. so good. I could just snack on them and eat a whole jar myself! haha I like roasting because it keeps the asparagus still crunchy instead of soggy. I have never tried it with parm but that sounds really good.

34. Renee Smith says:

We make asparagus quite often and I love the suggestion of sprinkling with Parmesan cheese. That sounds so good! I wish there was a way not to get stinky pee tho-hate that!

35. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:

I’ve never made asparagus like this before but it sounds really good. I do miss the white asparagus though, that’s what we got mostly in Europe.

36. We have just started eating asparagus, but I haven’t really cooked it well. Thanks for sharing. I’m going to try this!

37. Lauryn Rescoe says:

I love asparagus as well! I have made it similar to this, only I sprinkle parmesan cheese on it. Oven roasted is definitely a delicious and easy way to eat it! ๐Ÿ™‚

38. I love roasted vegetables~especially asperagus.

39. I don’t think I’ve ever eaten asparagus, and I don’t know that I ever will. But this is the way my vegetarian friend prepares spinach greens, broccoli and other healthy stuff to make it as delicious as it is nutritious.

40. michelle salais says:

I Just recently retried eating asparagus and loved it! This is exactly how we made it too. Delish!

41. Cynthia C says:

I love roasted asparagus and plan on making it for Easter dinner. I’ve never used pepper on it, though and will try it.

42. We’re having this for Easter dinner. I’ll add a bit of garlic.

slehan at juno dot com

43. We love asparagus and have been looking for new ways to fix it. This is great.

44. katrina c. says:

I make my asparagus the same way!!! Although, I”ve never dried them before roasting. I’m going to have to try that.

45. I love roasted asparagus cooked in the oven or on the grill. Cooked al dente where the asparagus is still crispy is most enjoyable.

46. Asparagus is on sale, I will cooking some up for dinner tomorrow. I’m looking forward to using this recipe.

47. I wish I had fresh asparagus all of the time to make this.

48. My family loves roasted vegetables. I like to sprinkle feta cheese on top of the roasted asparagus before serving. Delicious!

49. Vennie M. says:

I love asparagus but I haven’t had them in a few years. It’s so hard to find the real thin variety. I don’t like the fat stalks.

50. Made it for Easter Dinner. Everyone raved. No leftovers.

51. I actually hated asparagus and Brussels sprouts until I tried them roasted. I even roast the frozen Brussels sprouts. My husband loves them!

52. Angie Fiack says:

Oven roasting is definitely my favorite way prepare asparagus.

53. Melissa S says:

Good recipe, I love asparagus but never make it because it seems too difficult and you need special kitchen items. This seems easy enough and sounds delicious.

54. Looks and sounds heavenly! Thanks for sharing and I will definitely try this recipe out!

55. I recently tried roasted cauliflower and it was so good. Try it out!!!!

56. This is the perfect way to cook asparagus. It’s firm yet not crunchy and not soggy, like boiled.

57. What a great recipe! We love asparagus and I am always looking for new ways to cook it.

58. Made it again. I really, really like this. I add garlic.

slehan at juno dot com

59. Rebecca Wilson says:

I love asparagus but have not tried it roasted yet, it has to be amazing. I will keep this in mind next time I prepare asparagus – which I hope will be soon as it is season right now

60. nancyfancypink says:

This looks good and healthy! I use olive oil and sea salt, but would be interested in trying it with pepper too. Thanks

61. I love asparagus too and love the spring when it is plentiful and cheaper. I made something similar to this for Easter, I just added some pressed garlic and everyone loved it.

62. My family and I love asparagus and I think I am going to try to roast it because we have never had it that way before. ty ๐Ÿ™‚

63. M.Clark says:

Yum!! I am a great fan of asparagus, I usually boil it, it is sooo delicious. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, I never had it roasted before, I think I’ll be cooking it this way from now on.

64. This recipe is excellent as is. I love cheese so I would have a cheese sauce over it.

65. Asparagus – my fave! I’m always trying to get my roommate to try something besides steaming. I already forwarded this recipe. Heh heh heh. Hopefully it provides inspiration! ๐Ÿ˜‰

66. Cassandra WM says:

Roasted asparagus is one of my favorite side dishes ever – it even works as a quick lunch! I love that it is so healthy and you don’t have to add anything but a little olive oil and pepper to cook it. My almost-three-year-old will even eat roasted asparagus, and that’s saying something!

67. I wish I could find some good asparagus. I’m not sure when it’s in season. The stuff at the grocery store is pretty sad looking.

68. I roast all kinds of veggies, cauliflower, carrots, potatoes…so yummy!!!!

69. I wish my mom had roasted veggies when I was a kid. I used to hate so many vegetables since they were canned or overcooked.

70. Terri S says:

I love, Love, LOVE asparagus. This sounds easy and quick way to prepare it. Thank you for sharing.

71. Sherrie C. says:

Yum Asparagus! I’ve eaten it boiled and pan fried before but haven’t tried oven roasting it yet. I’m going to give this recipe a try in the near future.

72. Sarah Hayes says:

asparagus is one of the yummiest and easiest to fix foods. Im glad Im seeing this because i def want to have it again! maybe my LO will even like it

73. In general, I think roasted vegetables taste better and retain the vitamins much better than boiling.

74. Dorothy Boucher says:

I make these myself, I usually add a little garlic and a few red peppers, yum ๐Ÿ˜‰ thanks for share

75. Edna Williams says:

I’ve put veggies in the oven but I will give this a try!

76. I haven’t made this before, but I think it would taste great with some pepper on it.

77. I have never made asparagus this way, and it sounds like the most perfect recipe. I want to make this – the secret is the temperature to have it come out right. I could have it for breakfast, lunch, supper and everything else, too!!!

78. I love asparagus. That would go well with a grilled tuna steak or beef tenderloin steak.

79. These look awesome! And so easy! Pinning now!

80. jenn huey says:

One of my favorite veggies and I have never tried roasting them but they like they taste even better done this way

81. I can’t wait to make this once I am done with my 60 day juice cleanse! I’ve been bookmarking healthy recipes so that I can have some on hand when it’s over. Thanks for sharing!

82. This has to be one of my favorite recipes. I love asparagus but always ended up with mush on my plate.This is easy and it’s perfectly cooked every time.

83. Linda H says:

Admittedly, I have very little experience with making asparagus. This recipe is so quick and easy, that I’ll just have to try it out. As I get a little more familiar with roasting it, I’ll try adding some additional ingredients to this great base recipe.

84. Kelly Faber says:

This looks so much more tasty than the way I make it…All I do is steam it. Now I am going to make it your way from now on-love asparagus!! Mmm Thanks for sharing! ๐Ÿ™‚

85. Brandy Hebden says:

OMGosh!!! I LOVE Asparagus so so so much! I eat it almost once a week at least. It really is my favorite. I mostly make mine in the microwave but this looks so good! I will try it this way! I haven’t heard the tip about snapping them either. I also just rinse and hold them in a bunch and cut off all the ends at once.Thanks for sharing!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

86. I love roasted asparagus! It is so much better than boiled like my mom used to make us eat!

87. Lisa Konieczke says:

`I’m Going to try this recipe. I love asparagus but the only way I’ve ever cooked it was by steaming it. This should be yummy. I’m pinnig this recipe so I can try it. Yum!

88. Growing up, I hated asparagus. We ate the canned vegetable. Naturally, I thought it was a mushy mess. Now that I’ve tried it steamed and roasted it’s one of my favorites. Canned asparagus should be banned.

This is such a great way to make asparagus. My family loves it. Thank you so much for sharing these great recipes

90. I am not a huge fan of asparagus but you make it look so good here.

91. I love asparagus like this. Thank you for sharing with us.

I love asparagus and so does my family. This recipe is great. Thank you so much for sharing

93. clojo9372 says:

I am not a fan of asparagus, but I know it’s good for me. Maybe if I prepare it a certain way I will like it better. I will give this recipe a shot. Thank you for your recipe! ๐Ÿ™‚