Tyson Chicken Nugget Recall – April 2014

tysonTyson Chicken has recalled 75,000lbs of frozen fully cooked chicken due to foreign body contamination.

Apparently the product could contain pieces of plastic! They received complaints from customers who were eating chicken nuggets, as they discovered small plastic pieces in their food.

“5-lb. bags of “Tyson Fully Cooked White Meat Chicken Nuggets – 16142-928” with a “Best if Used By” date of “Jan 26 2015″ or Feb 16 2015.” The manufacturer codes “0264SDL0315 through 19” and “0474SDL0311 through 14″ can also be found on the bags. These products were produced Jan. 26, 2014 or Feb. 16, 2014 and shipped nationwide to one retail warehouse club chain.”

Anyone who is concerned about consuming these products should contact their doctor immediately.

Consumers with questions about the recall should contact Tyson Foods Consumer Services toll free at (866) 328-3156.

Comments

1. M.Clark says:

I eat Tyson Chicken Nuggets regularly and I have not encountered any pieces of plastic so I guess the batch that I got was a good batch. Thank you for posting this alert.

2. Thanks for posting this, I need to go check my freezer. I’ll pass the information on.

3. Shelley hammond says:

What about the Dino nuggets?

4. Deborah D says:

I wonder which store it is. Does anyone know?

5. Oh my gosh, we almost bought some 2 days ago but we decided we’d get it next time because we had more shopping to do and didn’t want to leave it in the car in the heat. So glad I didnt now.

6. Bleh! Glad I don’t buy Tyson’s.

slehan at juno dot com

7. Sally T. says:

Tyson chicken~butts and beaks~double B’s

8. Thank you for posting this for everyone.

9. nancyfancypink says:

This is a big deal. I’m glad that we don’t eat this at our house!

10. Dandi D says:

Yikes, I am so glad we eat natural whole foods in our house!

11. This made me so upset when I heard about it. I know a lot of little kids eat these things. I am glad that I don’t eat them.

12. How the heck does plastic get into the chicken? This is part of the reason I’d rather not eat any meat that has been ground up. You’re never sure what’s in it.

13. nancyfancypink says:

Again, thank you for this post! I probably won’t buy Tyson for a long time.