Family Vacation: Spain

This is a partnered post by one of our contributors. I was not monetarily compensated for this posting.

Family Vacations In Spain: Places To Stay

One of the most important factors when planning your family vacation in Spain is choosing where to stay. This is harder than it would be if you were arranging a solo trip because you need to try and keep everyone happy. One of the benefits of choosing Spain for your next holiday is there are so many destinations with something to offer each member of the family.

One of your considerations when choosing where to go for your vacation is likely to be the weather. A family vacation to Spain is a great option if you want to enjoy a one of kind Mediterranean vacation with your loved ones. Unlike the US, you can be fairly confident about what the weather is going to be like during your stay.

Where to Go for Your Family Vacation in Spain?

The Andalusia area, in the south of Spain, has the perfect Mediterranean climate with dry summers, and the average temperatures for July and August is 28.5 degrees Celsius. This is popular destination with families because of the excellent sandy beaches like La Herradura (Costa Tropical), La Cala del Aceite (Conil de la Frontera), and Bolonia Beach (Costa de la Luz). There is also plenty for families to do in the cities in Andalusia – Seville is the place to go if you are looking for a bit of a culture. There are also some nice amusement parks including Tivoli World and Isla Magica (Seville).

The Canary Islands have some of the most stunning beaches in Spain and good options for families would include Las Teresitas (Tenerife) and Playa del Ingles (Gran Canaria). The city of Las Palmas has many museums, restaurants, and a good selection of shops. There are a number of waterparks on the islands including Siam Park Tenerife (the largest waterpark in Europe), and Aqualand Maspalomas on Gran Canaria.

Some of the Balearic Islands, such as Ibiza, have a reputation for being a bit of an adult’s playground, but there is actually plenty of wonderful locations that are perfect for a family vacation. Minorca has a good selection of nature reserves/biospheres as well as waterparks like Aqua Park in Los Delfines. The city of Palma de Mallorca has some interesting attractions that families will tend to enjoy.

Plan Your Next Family Vacation to Spain

It is worth spending a little bit of time to researching the different locations in Spain, so you can find the perfect destination for a family vacation. This country is considered the most kid-friendly in Europe, but you might want to avoid the touristy areas where adults like to party hard. It can be a nice idea to choose a family resort because that way your children are going to have other kids to play with. I know my kids would love to visit Spain. We have done quite a few vacations over the last year and my children love seeing new places. We went to Mexico last year, and I loved showing them the culture. I’d love to visit Spain next!

Have you ever considered visiting Spain for a vacation? Where have you wanted to visit?

Disclosure: Everything Mommyhood was not monetarily compensated for this posting. All opinions are those of our own, or the author’s.

Comments

1. I would like to go to Hawaii, Italy, France and England. Will I ever get there? Probably not!

2. Thanks for the great tips,I have never been to Spain and don’t ever believe I could afford to go.But dreaming’s nice and dream I will do lol

3. Sarah Elyce says:

I really hope to visit sometime soon. My husband is from Spain and we are expecting our first child in October. I know his family wants us to visit with our child and I would just love it.

4. This area of Spain sounds wonderful. You gave some great tips to remember in planning a family trip. Thanks 🙂

5. M.Clark says:

I have never been to Spain before but I have considered visiting. I would love to visit Seville, Madrid, and Barcelona and I would love to see a bullfight.

6. Sherrie C. says:

My Aunt & Uncle went to Spain nearly every year and loved it. It was almost always Sunny and very scenic with lots of historic places to visit. They loved going and I’m hoping maybe one of these days to be able to visit as well.

7. Sally T. says:

I have heard that the Canary Islands are a great place to
    vacation.

8. Michael Lambert says:

I never considered Spain for a vacation but I bet it’s beautiful!

9. Sally T. says:

I would like to visit Spain,but first I have to see all of
    the great places in the USA.

10. Terri S says:

I would love to go to Spain someday. My first place to visit will be Prague. I’ve always wanted to go there.

11. Dorothy Boucher says:

I have never actually thought about visiting Spain, but after watching house buying or something like that on hgtv and someone was looking for a house in Spain and just seeing all the beauty and the people are so nice and calm, I fell in love…. thanks for your tips and ideas and sharing with us..

12. I have never thought about going to Spain. I agree with someone elses comment, there are so many places to see in the U.S.

13. Wow, reading about vacationing in Spain, I feel like packing now! I want to check out further the Andalusia area, sounds exactly what is perfect!!! Everyone I know that has vacationed in Spain loved it, but I didn’t realize how different it is in various areas – good to know!!