Easy Peasy Chocolate Covered Pretzel Pumpkins Recipe

My family just adores Halloween. We get dressed up in our themed costumes, all of us, and have a ball. This year, we had a few parties to attend and I volunteered to make a Halloween treat. With so much going on, like making my own costume, I had to do something quick and easy. I remembered seeing pictures floating around of these adorable little chocolate covered pretzels that resembled pumpkins! It seemed simple enough so I tried my hand at making some. They turned out great and even better, DELICIOUS, and even if you aren’t very skilled at baking or cooking or creativity, you can make them too!

First, you’ll need orange melting chocolate, green M&Ms, and miniature pretzels. My husband couldn’t find a bag of just green M&Ms so I picked through regular bags. I think some stores do carry them in one color but you’d have to look or grab the kids and let them help you sift through a regular bag like I did!

Ingredients:
Orange melting chocolate
Mini pretzels
Green M&Ms
Wax paper or aluminum foil

DSC_1185

1. Melt your chocolate into a bowl as per the directions on the bag.
2. Take each pretzel and dip it into the chocolate.
3. Place it onto a wax paper, aluminum foil, etc. that will make it easy to remove when dry.

DSC_1191

4. While still wet, place an M&M in between the two round parts at the top of the pretzel and let it dry. 5. (Optional) I put it in the fridge to speed up the drying process so I could keep reusing the same paper.

Voila! Tiny pumpkins that look cute and taste delightful!

ChocolateCoveredPumpkins

Tiffany is the married stay-at-home mother of four beautiful babes and blogger at The Crunchy Mom Next Door. She loves DIY, crafting, and blogging about her favorite products and topics!

Comments

1. Wow! This sure does look easy! And they’re so cute!

2. nenasinclair says:

What a great idea! I love it!!

3. WOW! Thanks so much for sharing your Easy Peasy Chocolate Covered Pretzel Pumpkins Recipe! They came out looking so yummy! It doesn’t sound too hard to make and they look great! What a terrific Halloween Treat! Great for hosting a party or taking to one! I have a bag of pretzels and some M&M’s, so i’ll have to get some orange colored chocolate pieces to melt and I can make them too! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe! I truly do appreciate it! Very talented! Thanks again, Michele ๐Ÿ™‚

4. I love chocolate covered pretzels. Sweet and salty is the perfect combo. I’ve never seen M&M’s all in one color before, I think you’d have to order them.

5. Dorothy Boucher says:

I am sure the children would love these but as for me , probably not and the only reason I say this is I don’t like too much chocolate.. I like this idea but I think I would have just dipped the sides, but I do see the pumpkin ๐Ÿ™‚ loll thanks for share

6. I love chocolate covered pretzels. I never thought to dress them up. The pumpkin idea is cute and very festive looking.The idea can be used for other holidays too.

7. Maria Iemma says:

How delicious…pretzels are so crunchy and with the delicious chocolate pumpkin covering more so.

8. Lost my first comment. But I love this. We love all three ingredients so this is a winner. Thanks for the post. I’m going to do this with the grandkids for the holidays.
    Carol L

9. Jackie Jernigan says:

This would be a great Thanksgiving snack for my story time children at the library. Easy clean up too. Who doesn’t like pretzels, chocolate and M&M’s!

10. This is a great idea, but I must be honest I do not find that orange colored chocolate at all appetizing. I would make this but use dark chocolate instead without any coloring. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

11. I love chocolate covered pretzels. Chocolate tastes good on just about any salty snack.

12. Looks super easy to make ๐Ÿ™‚

13. looks really yummy! yay! my kid would love this.

14. These are so cute. I would think we could make Christmas wreaths like this also. Thank you for sharing

15. Lisa Konieczke says:

Oh my gosh, these are so cute! I wish I had seen these before Halloween! I guess I can get away with making these for a Thanksgiving snack…. they are pumpkins ๐Ÿ™‚

16. I will definitely be making these next Halloween! We love pretzels so we would love these!

17. How creative.
    Love chocolate.
    Love Pretzels what more do you need.

18. Paula Adams says:

Thanks! A great combo of saltiness (for my hubbie) and sweet (for the rest of us!). A great snack to have around throughout the Thanksgiving weekend!

19. I really love this recipe and I was thinking about this yesterday! I was wondering if there was a way to turn these pumpkins into turkeys for Thanksgiving. If you look at them, they kind of are shaped like a turkey. Maybe add a mini M&M for the gobbler in the front and get the candy corn that has the darker colors on it for the tail in the back. HRMMMM. I’ll have to see if I can actually figure something out! What I do for Christmas just to add to my cookies is to get a pretzel just like the one here, put a Hershey kiss in the middle of it, put it into the oven just so the kiss starts to melt, take them out and put the Christmas mini M&M’s on top – I usually put a red, green & white one on the top of each. Let the kiss harden and then I freeze them like I do with my cookies. Everyone always says they are so cute. If they only knew how easy they were! If you make them, you are more than welcome to use this easy recipe for your blog. Well, I really do love this recipe for the pumpkins and my head keeps thinking of how to make them into other things as well! Thanks so much for the recipe! I appreciate it! Thanks again, Michele ๐Ÿ™‚

20. This is truly easy and clever (why didn’t I think of that). Thank you for sharing it, I am going to try it despite not being a fan of preztels.

21. Barbara Adams says:

I’m tucking this away for next Halloween. We moved this year in that time span and bought treats..so disappointing..next year is a do-over

22. Dericka Buckels says:

This is such a great idea for Halloween. The Easy Peasy Chocolate covered pretzels look so yummy and it’s a doable recipe for me. This is something that I’m going to try.

23. Chocolate-covered pretzels are a longtime favorite in my house! Now we can make them ourselves for our annual Halloween party! Thanks for sharing.

24. Those are so cute! I’ll have to make some next Halloween.

25. They look so good and easy to make. I’m to late to make this this Halloween, but will make them next year. Thank you for the recipe.

26. Deborah D says:

Chocolate, pretzels and m&m’s what a great combo! This looks so yummy!

27. These look so good. I will have to make them next year during Halloween!

28. Awww, these are super cute! (And they look delicious!) How have I never seen this before? It’s not Halloween anymore, but I might have to make some of these anyway! ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for sharing the recipe.

OMgosh these are seriously so cute! I love chocolate covered pretzels for Christmas and this gives me a great reason to make them even earlier!!!

30. heather tarver says:

These are just TOO adorable. I wish I had seen this recipe before halloween, we have a pot luck at my mother in law’s church and these would have been perfect! Definitely something I’ll have to remember for next year!

31. These look so nice!! We made chocolate covered dark chocolate pretzels for Halloween…made them into spiders. Will have to try this recipe.

32. We live in a time that has us going through struggles but we will keep going. Being another great recipe soon to be shared (after I post this message) for the holidays, which I plan to prepare with youngsters, this will soon be a surprise for the parents this holiday! The recipe will remain in my family for many generations to come.

computertech2you@live.com

33. These look amazing! YUM

34. shawna durk says:

what a great idea. I am going to buy white chocolate and see if I cannot make like Christmas ornament ones.

35. I was thinking of doing the same thing as shawna! I wish i had of seen this around Halloween..but i too an gonna try to switch it up a bit to make them festive!! I hope i can pull it off!! Lol if i do i will Will post pics!! ๐Ÿ™‚

36. These are so cute! What a great idea for treat bags to hand out for Halloween or for bake sales.

37. Melissa George says:

wow the combination of orange melting chocolate and Mini pretzels is so awesome. thats going to be a lovely treat for my kids during christmas.

38. ncjeepster says:

These are so cute, wish I had checked them out sooner. We may try this with green and red candies for a wreath. Thanks for sharing..

39. These are super cute. I’ll have to make them for next halloween.

40. I love easy recipes that are super cute. Thanks for the idea, I’ll keep it in mind for next fall.

41. tat2gurlzrock says:

Those are really cute and easy.You had me at chocolate and pretzels!

42. Sherry Martindale says:

Thanks for the amazing recipe ๐Ÿ˜‰

43. laura rubenstein says:

What a great idea !! ๐Ÿ™‚

44. I think my mouth just watered a 1000times. I am in my 9month of pregnancy and have gestational diabetes. These will be at the top of my list to make after baby boy arrives!!!!!!!!!!

45. Jennifer Alford says:

this is a great idea you could use different colors for christmas with same concept so tyfor sharing. merry christmas <3

46. Debbie Welchert says:

I love how easy these are to make. I think I will make them as a treat for Christmas. My grandchildren will love them.

47. Angela Sardoni says:

Very cute! I love trying new recipes. I will be keeping an eye out for more. thank you!

48. These are adorable! And look very easy to make. I love chocolate covered pretzels and M&M’s.

49. Jenna Gossett says:

This looks so cute and sounds delicious!

50. These are cute and creative. Would be fun to make with the kiddos too!

51. Thanks for the recipe. I tried doing these with my own thoughts. And they are horrible. I used pain old chocolate chips and the pretzels turned stale and nasty. I guess there is something about the melting chocolate. I will redo them, thanks.

52. angela smith says:

those look really cute and easy to make.i love chocolate covered pretzels.

53. These looks great. I will give this a try. My grandkids will love them.

54. ellen beck says:

These are cute! I make dipped pretzels for Christmas and this looks easy. I am going to start making dipped pretzels for Halloween now too. I give out treat bags to the kids.

55. Alaina Brown says:

These are so cute! I will definitely have to try this out next year.

56. I like the idea that you can use different colors of melting chocolate for different holidays.

slehan at juno dot com

57. Joanne Gregory says:

Great idea and I know it will be delicious! I like the pumpkin shape using the pretzels.

58. Paula Adams says:

Love the chocolate-covered Pretzel recipe! Perfect for Halloween, so I saved this to Pinterest for next Fall!

59. I love unique ideas for Halloween and this is definitely one of them. Good stuff!

60. These are super cute! It would be fun to try different colors for the chocolate and m&ms for different themes (I’m thinking you could make chocolate “apples” with red for a very hungry caterpillar party!)

61. so sweet…the kids would love it..i mean my nephews and nieces would love this..ahaha

62. These look so fun to make. I love recipes that use pretzels! I’ll bet they’d be a big hit with the family too.

63. Deb E (@debbieeland) says:

This recipe would also work for St Patrick’s Day. Just color the pretzel dip a bit more golden than orange for the pots of gold and not even attach the green M&Ms, for green money. Easy and fun.

This is a great recipe for Halloween and could be adjusted for other holidays like St Patrick’s Day.

65. that is an adorable idea! I wonder if I can figure out how to use this concept to do something springy!! If not, I have a sure fire fun recipe for fall!

66. Deborah D says:

these are so cute! they are easy to make as well.

67. These are cute! I wonder if it would work to somehow make bunnies for Easter.

68. These look like so much fun! I love chocolate covered pretzels! I will have to remember this idea come Halloween.

69. These are so easy, even I could make them. There’s just something about chocolate. It makes everything better.

70. These are so cute!! I am going to make these this Halloween!!

71. Dandi D says:

Yum, these look like just the perfect fall snack!

72. These are one of my favorite easy to make snacks. I like using the small pretzels and keeping them in the fridge.

73. SaraAB87 says:

These look cute. They also look delicious.

I cannot wait to try these out for Halloween. I know my grandchildren will just love this. Thank you so much for sharing

75. These are cute and easy to make. Summer has flown by and it’ll be time to make these before you know it.

76. I am so glad I came on here tonight and found this. I am always looking for a fun festive treat that is easy to do. Will be perfect for my family.

77. These are so fun and creative. Thank you for sharing with us!!!!

These are so good and so cute. I am getting things gathered together to make more of these in a few days. Thank you so much for sharing

79. David Fultner says:

OH kool I will love these. They remind me of something I make at XMAS.

80. Time to whip this recipe back out for Halloween. Thanks.

81. These are good anytime.And, they couldn’t be easier to make.

These are such a great snack. I love making these for Halloween and even thanksgiving. Thank you so much for this recipe

83. Love the sweet and salty combination, and it looks so festive and fun!

84. Edna Williams says:

Thanks for the idea! I love these!

85. I like these. They are so easy to make. And cost much less than buying it at the store. I love the taste of crisp, salty pretzels and the sweetness of chocolate.

86. clojo9372 says:

Oh these are so awesome! Our family loves Halloween too and I definitely can see us enjoying this snack while watching horror movies!! LOL ๐Ÿ˜‰

87. These chocolate covered pumpkins are very cute. I will have to keep this in mind when Halloween comes around again.