Freezer Friendly Foods Round-Up

FreezerFriendlyRoundUp

As a mom I know I’m ALWAYS busy. It would be nice not to have to cook an entire dinner every night. Having short cuts in the freezer would be perfect! This would also be great if you’re expecting a baby, if your spouse is out of town, if you’re sick, or if you’re just plain busy and you want to serve your family a good dinner without all of the work!

Why not cook everything in one day and put it in your freezer to pull out when you’re not feeling up to cooking! Now saying all of that, I’m sure you’re asking, well what’s Freezer Friendly??? I have compiled a list of ideas and recipes for you! Check them out below and let me know what you think, also PLEASE feel free to add suggestions in the comments below.

Sweet & Sour Crockpot Meatballs

Butternut Squash Soup

Easy Baked Potato Soup

Pumpkin Muffins

Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins

Sloppy Joe Meat

Crock Pot Chili

Chicken Enchiladas

White Chicken Chili

Mexican Lasagna Rollups

Also here are some other things you can make and freeze:

Spaghetti Meat Sauce
Pulled Pork
Fresh veggies cut up for meals – onions, green peppers, jalapenos, carrots
Grilled Chicken Breasts
Waffles/Pancakes
Taco Meat
Pie Crust
Beef Stew
Vegetable Soup

FreezerRoundUp

Feel free to pin this on pinterest!!!

Comments

1. I like the idea of having food prepared and ready to re-heat. Especially pasta sauce. That takes hours to cook and I usually end up with a large batch. Chilli is also a good one to freeze.

2. I think this is a great idea to cut down on prep time. Thank you for sharing.

3. Great roundup! We’re just getting use to prepping and freezing!

4. angela higdon says:

I really need to start doing this when I get my “surprise” deep freezer for Christmas! Dont have the freezer space for it until then!

5. Some of these things I did not realize I could cook and freeze. I really appreciate the suggestions. Thank you for sharing

6. It’s a great idea to have food and meals prepped and ready to re-heat. I would love to try the peanut butter and jelly muffins. Thank you for sharing this post.

7. Joanna Price says:

Thanks for the great ideas! I have been meaning to start freezer cooking more, this gets me inspired! =)

8. Soups and chilis always freeze well. Have them in my freezer right now.

slehan at juno dot com

9. nenasinclair says:

These recipes sound great! It’s a good idea to make food ahead of time and freeze it, it’s so handy and it cuts down on the urge to order out for junk food!

10. mooooondog says:

wish i had a bigger freezer–these look so good–thanks for sharing this post

11. Freezer food makes dinner a lot easier. I really like your recipes!

12. Alicia Morris says:

Allways looking for good recipes for the freezer and these look so good will have to try some my daughter works all day and I can’t cook as much it make it easy to get one out to make dinner faster. Thanks for sharing

13. That’s a fantastic idea! I know that I’ve already frozen my Homemade Filled Cabbage and my Homemade Vegetable Soup! They freeze extremely well! It’s nice to have something in the freezer that you can pull out and use for a meal whenever! I also freeze Homemade Cookies too! For Christmas I make around 10-12 different types of cookies and I generally start right after Thanksgiving. I know they won’t last until Christmas so, After they have cooled, I put them into freezer safe bags and store them in the freezer. I take them out as I need them and when thawed, you would never be able to tell they were frozen! My only problem is that I need a bigger freezer! It gets so filled with cookies that there’s barely room for anything else! I also freeze my Homemade Nut Rolls as well! I have my recipes sitting here and I was going to post some of my recipes for cookies that are really different! Thanks so much for the list of things which are freezable! I truly do appreciate it! I’m always on the lookout for good recipes and ones I can freeze are terrific! Thanks again, Michele ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Maria Iemma says:

I love to have meals in my freezer that I can just take out in the morning when we have a crazy day. Thank you for the ideas/recipes.

15. Megan Filzen says:

This will make life easier!

16. I have to check out some of these recipes. The butternut squash soup sounds okay. It has a ton of garlic though. I would cut that way down.

17. I do lots of food prep on Sunday to save time. I’ve just begun to brown ground turkey (preference over beef) and freeze it. It makes it so easy to add to any dish throughout the week.

18. I am a 63 year old bachelor who loves so many home made meals as well as still hunting. The problem is I like to make large batches and freeze them because I hate to cook everyday. I had no idea so many foods could be safely frozen for reuse. Thank you.

19. Gloria Walshver says:

A great idea for new mothers who have no time to cook

20. Thank so much for sharing this fabulous time saving post! Sounds fabulous and the enchiladas grabbed me first! I love mexican and sounds like a fabulous way to have dinner available and planned to help save time!

21. Such a time saving plan. When my 7 were younger I would make casseroles on Sundays and freeze them. This way when we had a hectic schedule it was so great knowing dinner was made and just needed to be put in the oven. It was also a life saver when I wrked parttime. My husband would just pop it in the oven for dinner. Thanks for the post.
    Carol L

22. That’s a good idea. I’m never quite sure what foods can be frozen and long they’ll stay. I always make sure to use a Sharpie and write down the date that the food was made and frozen.

23. lmsunshine33 says:

I’ve been meaning to start cooking some extra food for the freezer to stock up before baby, but haven’t gotten around to it yet. Thanks for the list of ideas ๐Ÿ™‚

24. laurie nykaza says:

This is such a great list that can help get me started with this process of making meals. I find at times it would be so nice to have freezer meals on hand when i’m in a hurry.

25. I always said if you prepare ahead of time, it cuts down on total time spent on prep. Your blog proves it! Thank you for posting this, sometimes it’s too crazy and easy to forget that there are steps you can take ahead of time to save time down the road.

26. Shilo Wheatley says:

Thank you for sharing these recipes! Perfect for postpartum when I know I won’t feel like cooking! Can’t wait to try some of these!

27. I have never made meals ahead of time, but I would like to.

28. Thanks for the information on Freezer Friendly Foods! I love freezing certain foods to have at times when I really don’t feel like making a big diner and I can grab something from the freezer and either thaw it out or put it right in the crockpot or oven and just make a side dish! So many different things freeze so well. Thanks again for the terrific information! Michele ๐Ÿ™‚

29. Kimberly B says:

Some good recipes and great ideas. I always love to be prepared and stocking up in the freezer is one of the best ways to do it. Has saved me many times when I’ve gotten home and just don’t feel like cooking.

30. These are great recipes. I can’t wait to try them.

31. What a great round up of freezer dinners! I never froze that much before we moved into a home that has a second kitchen and I never realized how great it would be to have that second freezer! Not only are these great family loved recipes, but now we will save so much money on our weekly groceries. Who doesn’t hate waste? I can’t wait to try some of these! Thanks!

32. This just made my life a lot easier. I have a toddler and I am pregnant, so I am very busy and sleepy. Making these freezer meals will be very convenient for me. Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚

33. I love freezer meals! They’re a really great option for busy schedules!

34. I really do like freezer-friendly meals. I like to be able to cook enough for dinner and be able to put some in the freezer for a later meal. This also helps us with our budgeting. I have a set amount I will spend. Once that is used we rely on the freezer meals.

35. Melissa George says:

those are some amazing ideas and i love the Easy Baked Potato Soup as potato is my all time favorite vegetable and i make a lot of recipes which include potato in it so i would love trying something new lilke this recipe.

36. Kayla Britton-Goldsmith says:

Thank you!! I will pin a bunch of these for my postpartum freezer meals I’ll be making soon. I should really get into the swing of this BEFORE the baby arrives too, though.

37. melissa leyh says:

thanks for the great ideas!! Have five kiddos ages 12-4, its nice to be able to make things ahead of time so that at supper time, I don’t have to spend the valuable time that I could be spending with my kids making a whole meal!!

38. Christina Strapp Lambert says:

I love finding recipes like this. These look and sound pretty good. I will have to try some of these.

39. The chicken enchiladas is going to be so delicious

40. Thank you for the round up, especially the Mexican Lasagna Rollups since that’s a new dish for me. I simple do not have the time or energy to cook daily, so I cook for for the entire week in a few hours one day a week. It is so worth the effort when you don’t have to deal meal making 3 times a day!

41. This is such a good ides. I appreciate all of your input. I need to start doing this myself.

42. Thank you for the list! I’m expecting in April, so I definitely need to stock up on freezer meals soon!

43. jodi Armstrong says:

I love the idea of having food ready that’s healthy to eat when needing food quick. I also make muffins in large loads to eat later ๐Ÿ™‚

44. I am an avid gardener and tend to freeze quite a bit. Its really nice to have fresh vegetables in the winter! We also freeze a whole lot of meals. This is a great list!

45. Thank you so much for sharing these recipes. I love cooking and freezing for the week ahead as I like to feed my family good meals but I am exhausted by supper and admit that I end making easy meals which are not the best. I am going to try these recipes.
    Laurie Emerson

I love the idea of being able to take something already prepped out of the freezer and cooking it up for an easy dinner. Prep takes up soooooooo much time and to be honest makes me so not want to cook! But if I could prep meals when Im all energized to do so it’d save so much time during the week! Thanks for the great ideas!

47. Jessica Haynes says:

Great post! My husband and I are always so busy, making freezer-ready foods is a great way to make sure we aren’t eating out to much. Thanks for the post!

48. md kennedy says:

Breakfasts are usually the hardest for me to arrange and diversify, so I appreciate the recipes! I’ll sure try the pumpkin muffins!

49. laura rubenstein says:

Thanks for this post. I never know what is freezer safe. So I end up wasting unfortunately.

50. sherry butcher says:

I love this, so many good ideas here. TFS.

51. I pinned this one! Sometimes it’s just too crazy during the week to cook a nice dinner but I love when I can cook more on the weekends and then just pull a nice dinner from my freezer during the week!

52. These were such great suggestions. Our house can get very busy on certain days and being able to make food ahead of time and freeze it really helps. Thank you so much for sharing this article

53. I like to have meals that keep well in the freezer. It’s important to label and date them. I’ve come across freezer burnt foods that I couldn’t identify without thawing. At that point, we don’t want it anyways.

54. That butternut squash soup recipe looks yummy! I love the convenience of being able to cook ahead of time.

55. I don’t think I’ve ever thought of any of these types of meals as freezer friendly I’m looking forward to trying it, because in the summer who wants to be in the kitchen firing up the stove more than you have to?!!

56. My husband is an excellent cook. I don’t cook at all. Besides freezing, he also cans foods which makes it easy for me to warm up a meal. I especially love home made pasta sauce. Pasta, I can cook. Just remember to put a date on the foods when you put them in. I’m not quite sure how long different foods hold up in the freezer. Do you have a list? That would also be helpful, to put a use by date on the meal when you freeze it.

57. I love keeping a stash of meals in the freezer! Thanks for sharing this list. Sometimes it’s hard to think of things to make that are freezer friendly.

58. This is a great idea for saving time at dinner time! I would love to try the peanut butter and jelly muffins!

59. This is a great idea and would definitely work for me. Thank you for sharing!

60. I love foods that can be frozen for quick meals in the future. I didn’t know that soup would freeze well. I’ll have to try it.

61. vannia vanderspek says:

I really need to start doing something like this !! I am always so exhausted at the end of the day looking after my three kiddos !! Now all I need to do is get off my butt to actually start doing it !!

62. I have already made the Crock pot Chili, Easy baked Potato Soup,& the Sloppy Joe Meat; totally easy to make & great to eat. I still want to make the Chicken Pot Pie, Mexican Lasagna Rollups, Turkey Tetrazzini Hamburgers & more. There are only 2 of us so these meals last a while for us.

63. johnhutchens1 says:

Very nice. This is an excellent collection of freezer friendly recipes. I love the convenience of cooking ahead and warming up a full meal. Excellent time saver.

64. Thank you for sharing these. I love make ahead meals.

65. Frozen chili and soup are my favorite freezer meals! They’re so easy to throw in a pot and thaw out!

66. I’ve been looking into doing this. I like your fall themed list. Sounds good.

67. David Fultner says:

I love this type of time saving idea.

68. Thanks for gathering all of these together! I’ll definitely be stocking up on some freezer meals before my LO arrives this week

69. Edna Williams says:

I think I will be having these recipes in my life! Thanks for sharing!

70. clojo9372 says:

I think this is the second time on your blog I have seen Mexican Lasagna mentioned and my curiosity has peeked! I have been wanting to know what’s in it for a while now. So thank you so much for sharing these recipes. They are definitely a lifesaver on busy and hectic days! ๐Ÿ™‚

71. I really like the Pumpkin Muffins. This recipe is so good. They are great to grab when I am on the run. Thank you for sharing this

72. Jerry Marquardt says:

I thank you for the lowdown on saving several different types of dishes for bulk storage. It is so much easier for the ones who need to be on the go a lot, all you need to do is reheat them when you are ready to eat them.

73. I love freezer friendly foods. Thank you for sharing all of these recipes.

I love having a list of freezer friendly foods. It can save a lot of time, especially if you make a big batch and freeze some for a later date.