7 Nights of Dinners – Food Planning for the Week – Week 1

7NightsofDinners

I’ve decided to start doing this each week to give you all some dinner ideas. If I have links to recipes, I will add the links in too.

1- Spaghetti with homemade meat sauce, Salad, and Garlic Bread. (I suggest making more sauce and freezing for more dinner opportunities on quick nights.)
2- BLT’s, Roasted Butternut Squash, & Cottage Cheese
3- Smoked Sausage, Sauteed Cabbage, & Italian Bread
4- Chicken Sandwiches, Tater Tots, & Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
5- Pizza & Salad
6- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup & French Bread
7- Beef Pot Roast (Roast, carrots, and onions), mashed potatoes, and corn.

Keep an eye out for next week for MORE dinner ideas!

Comments

1. I really appreciate you sharing this with us. It gives me some great ideas as I never know what to fix.

2. md kennedy says:

Until my husband went on a diet, I winged it every night for dinner. Now that I have to be more careful, I thank you for the meu planner – all I have to do is take out the grains and lower the fat and voila! Thanks!

3. This is a great way to track down what you are intaking especially if you are trying to lose weight!

4. This is one of the best ways to stay on track with dieting. I also love the weekly planning to help with grocery shopping.

5. Karen Jaras says:

We have 6 grandkids, all of whom spend at least one day and meals at out house. It helps to have lots of meals made ahead as I never know when another child will show up unexpectedly.

6. Sandy Cain says:

Good idea to plan like that! I don’t usually do that – I throw together whatever we have, but I’m seeing that it doesn’t make sense, either healthwise or financially. Maybe I can start planning weeklyn meals , as sort of a slightly late New Years’ resolution!

7. I like the idea of planning ahead and making extra to freeze. I think it’s a bit much having side dishes. I get full after two bites of food. On a holiday we may have side dishes, but they usually end up getting tossed. We’re really not big eaters.

8. Joanne Gregory says:

Sounds like a good week at the dinner table! I usually keep a running list and add to it as I get ideas or see things on Pinterest that sound yummy. It is just the 2 of us so the leftovers of what we have for dinner usually end up being lunch for me for several days afterward!

9. I love your meal planning ideas, but I am an old single guy who hates cooking..and never know what I want…but keep up the great work for those that SHOULD use it

10. Kasie Tillman says:

I always make a must for the week before I go grocery shopping. I’m in the mood for BLTs now! I need to add th to this weeks list!

11. Deborah D says:

I needed this post. Thank you!

I need to start food planning! We waste so much food its very frusterating!! Thanks for starting it for me 😉

13. I save so much more money when I meal plan, and I can make multiple recipes from the same ingredients. Thanks for sharing!

14. nathania h says:

what a great, easy list that I may have to add into my weekly plan, thank you!

15. It’s a great idea to have a weekly or monthly meal plan, it makes thing easier. My favorite meal in your plan is the Spaghetti with homemade meat sauce, Salad, and Garlic Bread, I do like my spaghetti. Thank you for sharing this post.

16. Love this idea Thanks and Its simple foods also which I like 🙂

17. This is a great idea to do.Thanks for the information

18. Lori Humphrey says:

Thank You so much for sharing these with us. I find it so hard to find new ideas for dinner that the whole family will actually eat.

19. I used to be so good at coupon clipping, list making and having a daily meal cooked.I’m not a good cook and over the years my husband has slowly taken over meal prep. I basically only go in the kitchen to get a drink or wash dishes.

20. Your weekly planner has really helped me. I have learned to make my list and buy what I need for the week. Thank you so much for sharing