Recipe: Roasted Vegetables – Super Easy!

I have recently discovered the goodness of roasted vegetables. I have always been a fan of any kind of vegetables and salads, but I’m not sure why I’ve never really had roasted vegetables. It’s so easy, actually you can see another recipe post I did awhile back on Roasted Asparagus, which is my favorite and I can easily eat a pound of it myself just for dinner. A lot of the comments on that post tell me that people really don’t know how easy it is to make vegetables in the oven.

Roasted Vegetables

Roasted Vegetables really give them a different flavor, my new favorite is actually roasted broccoli, YUM!

Ingredients:

(I don’t have exact amounts of veggies as it really depends how many people you’re cooking for)
Red Potatoes
Onions
Broccoli
Carrots
Grape Tomatoes
Green Bell Pepper
1-2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Italian Seasoning (I also like to use Good Seasons Dry Italian Dressing as seasoning)

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
Cut up your veggies into small pieces all around the same size.
Put all your veggies in a pile on a cookie sheet, you can really use any vegetables you want, but this combo I made is exceptional.
Sprinkle on the olive oil and the seasonings, as well as salt & pepper.

Seasoned Vegetables
Toss all together with your hands, this really is the easiest way to get an even coating.
Make sure to distribute all of your vegetables into one layer, this is really important.
Wash your hands, and place in the oven for about 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, take them out and flip them, stir them around, and place them back in the oven for about 10 minutes.
You will want to keep an eye on them, make sure your vegetables are done to your liking, and don’t burn them.

Roasted Vegetables Out of Oven

Enjoy! I had mine with a side of baked, boneless skinless chicken that was seasoned with salt & pepper as well as Good Seasons Dry Italian Dressing mix.

Comments

1. Paula Adams says:

Just pinned this to my Vegetable Recipe board as a reminder of how easy it is to roast healthy & delicious vegetables!

2. I remember your Roasted Asparagus recipe post and I think your correct, I really do not eat roasted vegetables, I’m mostly a salad person. I’m looking forward to giving these roasted veggies a try though.

3. This is easy. I love a nice healthy meal that is quick and easy!

4. We LOVE roasted veggies! We do a lot of broccli, brussel sprouts and carrots with just olive oil in the pan then sprinkle with sea salt. May add more though – your combination looks so good!

5. This looks so delicious. I love easy and healthy recipes. Thanks for sharing.

6. Charissa Nesler says:

This looks really good and seems easy to make. I’m going to have to toss this together as a side for salmon.

7. Renee Smith says:

I’ve always steamed my veggies. It never even occurred to me to roast them. This is easy and looks so yummy! Definitely making this soon!

8. I have looking for a new way to do vegetables I will try looks good

9. I love veggies therefore I really like everything in this recipe. Thank you so much for sharing this. I will give it a try. Sounds fairly easy

10. Roasted vegetables are one of my favorite sides, you can use just about any veggie you have on hand and they are so tender and delicious! Even my preschooler loves them!

11. I’m not a huge vegetable eater. I do find that when they’re roasted they taste so much better. I actually enjoy them.

12. I don’t like vegetables enough to mix so many together in one dish. I like roasted red skinned potato with peppers, onion a touch of garlic powder and butter.

13. Thanks for the recipe. It sounds delicious. I like healthy recipes.

14. I absolutely love vegetables, unfortunately the same cannot be said for my house of 3 boys or my husband. I can’t wait to try this out and I really hope they love it as much as I will! Thanks for sharing!

15. I love roasted veggies and these are so simple. Healthy and delicious.

16. I love these roasted veggies. You get such a variety and they taste so good

17. Anne Marie Carter says:

I love roasted veggies and this recipe looks delicious!

18. Thanks for the recipe on Roasted Vegetables! Growing up, my mother only gave us vegetables that she liked (which were not an awful lot) So, I never tasted certain vegetables until I grew up. By then, my taste buds must have already been formed because I didn’t like the other type of vegetables of which I never got to eat as a kid! We never had broccoli, tomatoes, squash, asparagus, brussel sprouts, etc. When I finally got the chance to try them, I didn’t like the taste or the flavor of them! Now, If my kids go to a friend’s house and they taste a vegetable that I don’t like, I will make sure to make it for them because I don’t want them growing up like me and not eating many veggies! I like the potatoes, onion, green peppers, carrots, but that’s about it! I guess I could roast the veggies I do like though. This is why it’s so hard for me to follow a diet because I don’t particularly like a lot of stuff that they would like you to eat! Thanks for the recipe and the idea to roast veggies that I do like! I truly appreciate it! Thanks again, Michele 🙂

19. Sandy Weinstein says:

i love roasted veggies, i could make a meal of them….when i go to whole foods and see their roasted veggies it makes my mouth water….not only are they great for you, low fat, low calories, but easy to fix. i dont use much oil or use an oil that is safe for my dogs to eat, b/c they love veggies as well, i give them the ones they can eat…

20. This is making my Mouth Water! It looks delicious!

Thanks for the Post and the Recipe “know how”.

21. laura rubenstein says:

OMG That looks amazing! I am going to be making this in the near future.

22. Joanne Gregory says:

It looks delicious and like something you would be served in a fancy restaurant! i love that it is a very healthy way to eat veggies!

23. this looks amazing. I am actually on a diet right now and i love seeing new ways to eat healthy so it doesnt get boring thanks for sharing

24. I love roasted vegetables, but I have never seen a recipe as comprehensive (or really quite easy to make)..it is definatly on my list of “make soon”

25. (Recipe: Roasted Vegetables – Super Easy!) my husband and I like making these type of grilled vegetables every year out on our grill. They are so easy to throw together too-

26. Roasting brings out the flavor of vegetables. I don’t eat them often, but when I do, I’m no longer popping the lid off a can and eating soggy vegetables.

27. barbara langley says:

Never tried vegtables this way,very fast and easy.thank you for sharing. It looks amazing

28. I have a hard time getting my grandkids to eat vegetables. They loved them fixed this way. thank you so much for this recipe

29. Nice! Delicious Roasted Vegetables on of my favorite, please check my product you might found it very useful.

Quality Bamboo Cutting Board!

Unlike wood and plastic, Bamboo doesn’t leave deep grooves and knife divits in the wood for bacteria to grow.
    Light weight cutting boards are easy to handle and store. Gently wash with warm water and a mild soap,
    then dry completely and store in a dry area. It is best to condition your boards with a food safe oil 1-2 times a month.

Excellent for Cutting!

Our Product:
    FDA approved, no chemicals used on our boards! Cut your families food with peace of
    mind keeping them healthy for a long time to come.

Bamboo Cutting Board – 3 piece set
    Small – 20cm x 12cm x 1cm
    Medium – 25cm x 20cm x 1cm
    Large – 35cm x 25cm x 1cm

*NON TOXIC, ECO-FRIENDLY – FDA approved
    *Use for Slicing Any Veggie, Cheese, Bread, Meat or Barbecue
    *Plastic Free & Totally Eco Friendly
    *Small, Med & Large Boards
    *Harder Than Maple Wood
    *Star Service Guaranteed!

Amazon Link: http://amzn.to/1CB9UL3

30. Oh, this looks Good! It really does look easy, too. I’m going to try this one, because I need to eat a lot more veggies 🙂

31. This looks so good and I especially like that it’s easy to make I need more easy to make recipes in my belt. Thanks for sharing, such a great way to incorporate veggies in your diet.

32. The Roasted vegetables look so good what a great way to cook them to the family would love them made this way

33. That dish looks so yummy it looks easy to make

34. I like my vegetables roasted or steamed. Throw a piece of haddock or cod with it and I am good to go.

35. The way I make this is to put the veggies in a big ziplock bag and put in the olive oil & seasonings. Less mess.
    slehan at juno dot com

36. Dana Matthews says:

This looks good. I’m fortunate that my kids like vegetables but sometimes I need a new way to fix them. This is great!

37. I love vegetables. I have never tried them roasted. I pinned your recipe. I’m going to try them soon. Thanks.

38. I haven’t tried roasting veggies like this, and boy, have i been missing out! That is about to change, as I’m going to make this asap!

39. This does sound easy and I have to try it ! The olive oil must keep them from drying out. Thank you for sharing !!

40. Another way to season them is with Italian dressing.
    slehan at juno dot com

41. I love baby red potato roasted with butter and a bit of garlic powder, onion and green pepper. It’s a good side dish with grilled chicken.

42. sandy weinstein says:

i love roasted veggies. every time i go to Whole Foods, their roasted veggies look so good. i know they are easy to make, but mine never taste as good Whole Foods. i just like them plain.

As lot of people don’t realize how roosting vegetables brings out the flavor and intensifies it. As you showed us It is very easy to roast veggie as long as you keep,them in one layer and watch them.

44. I love veges too, and I’ve never considered roasting them before. They look so good, I’m going to have to remember to do this sometime for something different.

45. Deborah D says:

I love easy recipes! the easier the better.

46. Deborah Caudill says:

I am not a good cook, but I think I could make these roasted veggies. I love vegetables and was just reading about making some homemade vegetable soup like my grandmother and then my sister used to make every year. Both my grandmother and sister have passed away, so I guess it’s up to me to keep the tradition alive. Again, your recipe seems easy and looks scrumptious and I’m going to give it a try.

47. These look delicious. I usually just pop a bag of frozen veggies in the microwave, so this would be a nice change.

48. Kasie Tillman says:

I love this recipe! I roasted broccoli and cauliflower the other evening. It was so good. I think roasted is my new favorite way to cook veggies!!!

49. I love roasted vegetables. I generally can’t stand garlic. Unless it’s roasted. That really mellows the flavor.

50. What a great and easy dinner. I raised all my kids on fresh vegetables.THE
    VEGETABLES WOULD GO GREAT WITH A PIECE OF ROASTED CHICKEN THAT i COOK ON A RACK. THEY WILL ALL LOVE THIS. i NEED A GOOD EASY DINNER TO BREAK UP THE WEEK.

51. It’s Spring and time for roasted asparagus which I love.

52. This really does sound like a delicious and easy recipe, thanks a lot for posting it!

53. I will be roasting a lot of veggies very soon! I’m waiting for our farmers market to open, plenty of fresh, locally grown veggies to be found 🙂

54. Love roasted vegetables. Look forward to do some planting this Spring to do this recipe and variations on it.

55. nicole dziedzic says:

I love making roasted veggies, even more in the summer cause i get to use my own grown veggies from my garden.

56. I love roasted veggies…plus being healthy for you these are so easy to make…thanks for sharing!

57. These look so awesome and you are right I didn’t know I could do it in the oven!!

58. Thanks so much for the recipe on Roasted Vegetables – Super Easy! It sounds like it’s super easy to make these beautiful looking Roasted Vegetables! That’s one thing I’ve never tried! I really never gave it a though, however, I bet they are really tasty doing it this way! I’m going to have to give this a try! Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us! I truly do appreciate it! Thanks again! Michele 🙂

59. Thanks so much for the Recipe on Roasted Vegetables – Super Easy! This sounds like it’s super easy and the vegetables all came out so beautiful looking and delicious! I’ve never tried roasting vegetables before! I bet they are really very tasty doing it this way! I’m definitely going to have to try this! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe on Roasted Vegetables – Super Easy with all of us! I honestly do appreciate it! Thanks Again! Michele 🙂

60. slehan says:

I like the extra flavor you get from roasting veggies.
    slehan at juno dot com

61. This looks easy to make! Thank you so much for sharing! Following on twitter @kaflickinger74 Happy Mothers Day!

62. My husband & I love veggies! This not only sounds easy to make, but looks & sounds really healthy!! It doesn’t look like a lot of fuss or mess – good! The only thing I would do different is sprinkle Garlic Salt on them instead of salt & pepper.

63. Dandi D says:

Roasted veggies are a main staple around our house. We do them in the oven in the winter and on the grill in the summer.

64. I love to make roasted baby red potato with onion,green and red peppers. It’s easy and bakes up nice and crisp.

65. SaraAB87 says:

I love roasted vegetables. They look delicious.

66. Dorothy Teel says:

I like you have not tried roasted veggies until I was older and retired, and I really love them and they are so much easier than some veggies. When my boys were growing up, I had to fight to get them to eat veggies, and I would grate carrots and the like to include in spaghetti sauce and meatloafs, and burgers, and they were none the wiser or did not complain about it, but they ear a lot of veggies now. I like roasting potatoes, while and sweet with oinions and balsamic vinegar and butter, (or olive oil) so yummy, thank you for sharing

67. Renee Smith says:

I’ve made this recipe and it’s so easy and delicious! My family loved it!

68. I love roasted vegetables! I especially love this combination of different vegetables. I’m definitely going to have to make this while I can pick up these veggies fresh at the farmer’s market!

69. I like sweet corn cooked on the grill.We’re having beef tenderloin steaks tonight and right now corn or red skinned potato sounds pretty good

70. Since the first time I read this post, this is how I’ve been roasting all of my vegetables! It’s no fail and such a nice change from steaming, etc.!

71. Elizabeth H. says:

I have roasted veggies like this many times!! They taste absolutely wonderful roasted!!

72. I think I might try doing roasted veggies on the bbq…..mixed, seasoned and in an aluminum foil wrap. Yummy!

A great way to use up the tons of zucchini and tomatoes from the garden!

73. I usually steam my veggies. Never tried roasting them. I’ll have to switch it up.

These roasted veggies are great. My family loves them. Thank you so much for sharing

75. I love these roasted veggies. Thank you for sharing the recipe with us.

76. David Fultner says:

This is very bright and refreshing looking.

77. Ooh, this looks like a good mix of veggies! We usually only roast broccoli by itself, we’ll have to try adding some more color!

78. Roasting is so much better than boiling vegetables. They’re not soggy and retain the vitamins that are lost when boiled.

Yum!! As weird as this may sound this is one of my favorite things to snack on!! If I could eat this every day and survve I totally would!! Yum Yum!!!

80. Edna Williams says:

Just love roasted veggies! I really like simple whole foods! Thanks for sharing!

I just love this recipe. I have been trying to eat healthier so this has helped me. Thank you so much for sharing

82. Jerry Marquardt says:

I copied the recipe down in order to make this delightful recipes on the coming weekend. I thank you for sharing this today.

83. I make roasted vegetables every Sunday. I make lots and then we use them for all sorts of things.

84. Olivine Eyes says:

I love vegetables! I love Italian dressing also. This sound yummy.

85. I love this recipe. Roasting vegetables can sure bring out their flavor much better than boiling or better tahn even a saute.