7 Nights of Dinners – Food Planning for the Week – Week #2

7nightsSMALLSideBar

So first off I want to apologize, I meant to keep this a weekly posting to give you all dinner ideas for planning for the week. I ended up moving over 1000 miles and packing/cleaning became a priority and I had to set my blog on the back burner for a little bit. Anyway, so I’m back now and I’m hoping to keep this going for you! I know it helps me to plan dinners for the week. I’m going grocery shopping today, so I figured I’d share what we are making for the week!

1- Stuffed Shells and Garlic Bread – it’s an easy combination of spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, italian seasonings and an egg, stuffed in a pasta shell nestled in marinara sauce, and topped with more mozzarella. We are having some garlic bread with it to dip in the yummy sauce.

2- Tuna Noodle Casserole – another easy dinner, bag of cooked egg noodles, 2 cans of cream of mushroom, 1 can of drained peas, 2 cans of drained tuna, 1 container of french fried onions, 1/2 cup of milk, salt, and lots of black pepper. Mix together and bake for 20 min.

3- Burrito Bowls – recipe is there, just click on the title. Easy to make and the kids love them. I like this one pot dish.

4- Breakfast Burritos – potatoes, onions, peppers, sausage, eggs and cheese. Cook it all up, top with sour cream, salsa, & sriracha!

5- Sausage, Potato, & Kale Soup, also known as Zuppa Toscana at Olive Garden – I will be using the Pioneer Woman’s recipe for this dish.

6- Mandarin Orange Chicken & Fried Rice – I buy the Orange Chicken in the bag from Trader Joes, and then I make fried rice with white rice I cook the day before. I don’t have a recipe for the rice, but there are packets you can buy at the store to help you out, or you can find a recipe online.

7- Italian Chicken Cutlets, Mashed Potatoes, & Green Beans – I just bread the chicken with flour, egg, and Italian bread crumbs then fry in some olive oil in a skillet.

Let me know if you try any of these for dinner! Thanks!

Comments

1. Breakfast burritos are always good. I like them with hot sauce. I always used to order those at McDonalds.

2. WOW! Thanks for the recipes and information on 7 Nights of Dinners – Food Planning for the Week! Sounds like you have your week all planned out for dinner! I never know what I’m going to make from day to day. It just all depends on what I have in my freezer and my pantry as to what we’re having! Lately we’ve been having an awful lot of spaghetti and I’m getting tired of that! I’ve already made it normally, I have baked it with cheese and have mixed it with meatballs! Me and the kids love chicken, however, my hubby hates chicken! Thanks so much for sharing your 7 nights dinners with all of us! I honestly do appreciate it! Thanks again, Michele 🙂

3. The whole menu looks good to me. I really need to do a better job with meal planning.

4. Debbie Welchert says:

What a great list of recipes for the whole week. There is not one I don’t want to make and they all are so easy to make.

5. The stuffed shells and garlic bread sounds delicious. I might fix that for dinner later this week. Thanks!

6. I need to start planning ahead on my meals a little more. I am looking forward to trying the Sausage, Potato, & Kale Soup.

7. We are having burrito bowls and tuna noodle casserole as part of our dinner line up this week too!

8. Christine says:

The entire menu plan sounds delicious! Menu planning is something I want to consistent at.

9. I had a tuna casserole last night and today for lunch. Moving more important than your blog? Well, OK.

slehan at juno dot com

10. Holly Thomas says:

Sausage Potato & Kale soup sounds delicious! Thanks for some menu ideas, i’ve been needing to try to find me some new things to add on to ours!

11. Holly Robinson says:

I’m not a foodie, but I love to cook <3

12. md kennedy says:

Great inspirations for a week of meals. Not sure I’d use all the packaged foods but then I don’t work!

13. I love your tuna noodle casserole sounds like a great idea for supper tonight! Always looking for something new and different. Sometimes I think half the trouble of making a meal is figuring out what to make, you take the guess work right out of it. Love it!

14. Deb E (@debbieeland) says:

I have to watch gluten so the last half of the week’s recipes work better for me than the first few. Planning ahead is so much easier than last minute meals thrown together.

15. I need to check this out more often !! Lots of ideas I would use and make my life easier !!

All these recipes give me a lot of,ideas as to what to make for.my family. The only ones that I have already made are the # 1 and #2 and I want to try the #5,

17. I like to have foods that re-heat well. I hate a mess in the kitchen. I’m not very good when it comes to planning a meal.