Recipe: Mexican Layer Dip for Cinco De Mayo

MexicanLayerDip2

I don’t know about you, but I’m a fan of Mexican food all year long. Whether it’s tacos, burritos, loaded nachos, quesadillas, or even a Mexican lasagna, I’ll eat it all. Cinco De Mayo is coming up and what better time to have a Mexican fiesta!!! I have come up with a pretty yummy and flavorful Mexican Layer Dip that I’d like to share with you all!

Let me preface this recipe by saying, you can make this recipe with as much or as little as you want. There’s no set size dish to use, and most of the ingredients you’ll use the amount you want to taste. Some people may not want a lot of sour cream, but wants a lot of cheese. It’s a very versatile dish that you can customize to your liking. This is also very easy to make organic!

You can add salsa, jalapenos, onion, nacho cheese, or even lettuce. The possibilities to change this dip around is endless.

Ingredients:
MexicanLayerDip1
8oz of colby jack cheese, shredded
Green onions, I did 2 of them sliced thin
Handful of grape tomatoes, chopped
Bunch of Cilantro, to taste, chopped
Guacamole, I bought mine pre-made from The Fresh Market, but I usually make it
1 can of refried beans
1 packet of low-sodium taco seasoning
16oz container of sour cream
1 can of sliced black olives, drained

-Mix the refried beans together with HALF of the taco seasoning packet.

-Take a 1/4 of your taco seasoning packet and mix with your 16oz of sour cream. Set aside.

MexicanLayerDip4

-Spread your refried bean mixture on the bottom of a glass dish or trifle bowl. Make sure to get all the way to the edges and in the corners.

MexicanLayerDip5

-Next your guacamole goes on top. Spread that around too and try to get as even as possible.

-Grab your sour cream and make a layer on top of the guacamole, being careful not to mix with the guacamole. The key is to layer it.

MexicanLayerDip6

-On top of that you will then cover with a layer of shredded cheese. You can use whatever kind you’d like and how much you’d like.

MexicanLayerDip7

-Next take your tomatoes, black olives, cilantro, and green onions and spread all around. Remember to add more or less depending on the crowd you’re feeding!

MexicanLayerDip8

That’s it, now all you need is tortilla chips to dip into it. You can do store bought or make your own from corn tortillas and a little oil spray in the oven.

Enjoy your Mexican Layer Dip for your next Mexican fiesta or Cinco De Mayo!!!

MexicanDip3

Please feel free to pin this on your pinterest. If you’re using in a blogger round up, please contact me for permission.
Thank you!

Comments

1. Hey, I make this dip. I make mine without the quacamole because I don’t like avocado sand I use chopped olives instead of sliced. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

2. Yum, pinning this one for later, looks great!

3. Oh wow…this is one of the best layer dips I’ve seen! I’m going to make it this weekend for my teen’s cast and crew party!

4. This looks so good I will definitely make i but I have to leave off the black olives because I don’t care for them!!

5. Rita Corey says:

This looks so good! I need to go to the store and pick up the ingredients to make this. I have to leave out the cilantro because for some reason it gives me headaches when I eat it.

6. This sounds pretty good. I’m not sure about the avocado. I don’t think I like it.Other then that, I’m going to try this.

7. laura rubenstein says:

I just pinned this recipe. It looks so flipping good!! Ugh I’m hunger now lol

8. We love Mexican and always looking for a new recipe. This dip sounds delicious and so easy to make. Thanks for sharing.

9. PuffyBiggler says:

That looks delicious and easy to make. Thanks for sharing!

10. Thanks so much for the delicious looking recipe on Recipe: Mexican Layer Dip for Cinco De Mayo! We’re not really big into Mexican food like you and your family are. I can see how this recipe can be changed up according to what you do and do not like and how much you have on hand! I think that’s the wonderful part about this recipe! It does look good though! Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe and all the pictures with all of us! I truly do appreciate it! Thanks again! Michele ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Julie Wood says:

We love Mexican Layer dip, and this dip looks so amazing that I want to make it! Thanks for sharing!

12. Alison Gibb says:

This dip looks so delicious!! I am a fan of Mexican food all year long, as well. I am going to make this tomorrow!!

This sounds so good. I know this is something my family would love. Thank you so much for sharing this

14. slehan says:

I like this no matter what’s in it. I always head for it at a party.
    slehan at juno dot com

15. This is good. I also like to make a Mexican pizza once in a while, just for a change of pace.

16. I love mexican food and this sure look like it be real taste

17. This looks delicious and easy to make! thank you for sharing!

18. yummy ! I will save this one for another day to try. Thanks for sharing.

19. Dandi D says:

I wish I could eat Mexican food while I’m pregnant, because this looks really yummy!

20. Cathy Jarolin says:

Your Mexican Dip is so Delicious looking. Yum!! I too love Mexican food.. I will make this dip exactly like you did. I love everything you put in it. Instead of cilantro I would probably use some shredded chopped up lettuce..I am definitely going to pin this recipe. Thankyou for Sharing~~

21. My mom actually makes a dip very similar to this. Her’s doesn’t have the guacamole in it though, It is so delicious I can’t get enough of it! This looks like it would be the same. Looks awesome!

22. slehan says:

I didn’t get this made for today (5th) but plan to make it this weekend. Thanks.
    slehan at juno dot com

23. This looks so yummy

24. Kim Hampton says:

This looks really good. I love Mexican food!

25. Teresa Null says:

i am definitely going to try this.. i love almost all mexican foods.. thank you so much for the recipe..

26. sandym204 says:

Going to try this (without the olives). Thank you

27. vannia vanderspek says:

there was no place for me to comment on your about me but I just wanted to say you have such a beautiful family !!! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Anna and elsa but of course my girls are the same way but the older one likes anna and the younger elsa !!! ๐Ÿ˜€

28. We love Mexican dishes and this dip just looks so delicious. I have had dips like this at parties but have never made one. MMMMMMMMMM

29. This really looked great. I would like to make this at my next party, so I will make a copy of the recipe.

30. slehan says:

Got all the ingredients this week so I can make it this weekend. Looking forward to it.
    slehan at juno dot com

31. Meghan Castillo says:

My mother used to make a similar 7 layer dip when I was younger for Holidays and now I make it for my family.

32. BILL HOFF says:

We are always looking for different recipes to serve as appetizers for adult parties!

33. Thanks for the recipe! I’ve bookmarked it. This is one of the prettiest layer dips I’ve seen. I could totally eat this for dinner! ๐Ÿ™‚

34. This is a really nice recipie . It would be nice to take along to a bbq or party thanks so much

35. David Fultner says:

This looks so bright and freash. It would be great for a party.

36. anonymous says:

delicious!

37. SaraAB87 says:

I love cinco de mayo. This dip looks wonderful.

38. Yummy! I love this recipe. Going to have to try this for our next family picnic. There’s nothing in this recipe that I don’t like. Except maybe the guacamole. But with all the other yummy ingredients, I may not even taste the guacamole in it. Thanks so much for this recipe.

39. I had to come back to get this recipe again. I should just copy it. Anyways, it’s really good and I’m planning on making it again this weekend.

40. Joanne Gregory says:

This is my favorite Mexican dip! I love to make this whenever we have a pot luck!

41. This is a more complex dish than I’ve ever had…or made!!! Mine is usually, cream cheese, salsa, shredded cheese, then diced tomatoes! Have to give this one a try!!!

42. I bet this one dish is delicious. Thank you for the recipe. We love dips at our house.

This sounds like a great dip that my husband would love. Thanks for the recipe.

44. Lisa Coomer Queen says:

This Mexican Layer dip looks delicious. I can’t wait to make it. I have already got it pinned.

45. Megan Scharlau says:

This looks so delicious! I wish I had an event to make it for!

46. This looks yummy. Mexican is something all my kids will eat.

47. We love Mexican food and this is a great recipe so I pinned it.

48. Jennifer M says:

I just want to dig in!!! YUM

49. Doesn’t have to be Cinco de Mayo to have this, yum. Great for those summer nights while we are waiting for things on the grill because it’s actually quite nutritious.

50. Cassidy Ciazza Morelli says:

I crave Mexican food constant with this baby so this looks like heaven. I wouldn’t need any chips just a spoon and guacamole on top of guacamole ๐Ÿ˜‰

51. This looks AMAZING! I can’t wait till next yr.’s Cinco de Mayo so I can make this for the family.

52. This is a good recipe. I’ve made it a couple of times now and enjoy it.

53. Sara Theissen says:

Don’t have to tell me twice! This would be great for taco night or a fun party.

54. Kristin K says:

When I make this dip…I take a plate or platter, spread cream cheese all over it…add the salsa, then the diced tomatoes and green peppers, and then a ton of cheddar cheese on top of it!!! It tastes fabulous!!! Yours is a little more complex, so I think I’ll stick with my recipe!!!

55. Renee Smith says:

This will be great for our next family get together! We have a reunion this summer too that this would go over well.

56. I pinned this because I love this.

57. Barb Deskin says:

The Mexican layer dip looks like a recipe that I used to make many years ago. I have lost the recipe and was very happy to see it on your page. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

58. Lisa Coomer Queen says:

This looks so yummy! I can’t wait to try it. I have already pinned it! Thanks for sharing this Mexican Layer Dip Recipe.

59. Cathy French says:

This is such a great recipe for get togethers and watching sports

60. Marti Tabora says:

I used to have a recipe similar to this a long time ago, I think the only difference is the one I made did not have guacamole. This one sounds really good though. Thanks.

61. Cindy S. says:

Yummy yum. Sounds awesome. Love all the ingredients. Pinning for future reference!

62. I love m exican food love the salad nothing like a mexican salad will pin this

63. Karen Jaras says:

I so love this dip but it does not love me back.

64. Kristin K says:

I love the simplified version of this dip! Cream cheese, lots of medium salsa, tons of cheese, diced tomatoes, diced green peppers!!! And, of course, the tortilla chips!!!

65. chasity smith says:

I have actually made this before but its been years and completely forgot about it till seeing this! I had to pin it and guess what?? so making this for dinner this weekend lol Thank you!!!!

66. sheila ressel says:

My family loves Mexican food and dips. I’ve definitely got to give this one a try.

67. Deborah D says:

This looks really good. Although, I wouldn’t use the olives.

68. Sharon Rooney says:

This a pin to save for me. I make a taco dip but it uses cottage cheese and cream cheese but it doesn’t use guac or refried beans. I can’t wait to try this recipe.

This dip is so good. My family and friends love it. Thank you for sharing

70. This is something we make regularly. It is quick and easy and such a good tasting dip for tortillas.

71. wow I buy these at the store but never tried to make it ! !! ๐Ÿ™‚

This looks delicious- thanks for sharing how to make something like this…

72. I love dips! And I’m embarrassed to admit this, but would you believe I’ve never made a Mexican layer dip? I’m definitely going to make this for a BBQ we’re having in a couple of weeks. This would be great as an appetizer. Thanks for the recipe!

73. I normally don’t like black olives. In some recipes though they really add a good flavor.

74. This looks delicious!! I’m not too big into spices, but I have family members who are!

75. I like all the flavors in this dip.

76. Delicious!! Your recipes are always epic!! Thanks for sharing. I’m pinning this for the next get together we have with family.

77. johnhutchens1 says:

This dip looks great. Full of flavor and looks fairly simple to make. It will be a great addition to the end of summer party. Thanks for the recipe

78. Every other week, a different member of my family hosts dinner at their home. Last week it was my turn and I had a Mexican theme and made this layer dip as an appetizer. Everyone went nuts over it! Next time, I’ll make a double batch. It was so good!

79. I’ve never made this – even though I love the ingredients. It is so easy, I want to try it soon – it is perfect for home, for any get together, buffet!

80. This is good except I leave out the guacamole. I finally tried it and I think if pure evil had a flavor, that’s it.I won a cooler of the stuff. My husband kept one for himself and I gave the rest away.

81. This is one of my favorite dips! So good. I could eat the whole pan.

82. Oh, this looks good. I was looking for this to make this weekend, and I finally found it. I will be making this weekend for the football games. Everyone loves mexican layer dips!

83. I have always wanted to make a Mexican layered dip ever since a friend of mine made it for me. It is so good! Thank you for the recipe, I will be making this tonight.

84. David Fultner says:

This looks so great. It has so many of my favorites in it.

85. this looks so good

86. I love 7 layer dip, thank you so much for sharing this recipe!

87. This is also good for football season.

slehan at juno dot com

88. Deborah D says:

This looks so good. I can’t wait to make this.

89. Wow! This looks easy and incredibly delicious! Love the addition of the guacamole to the regular dip ingredients.

90. Edna Williams says:

I will need to make that! Thanks for sharing this!

91. This would be perfect if it didn’t have guacamole in it. I won a cooler full of it. I tasted it and threw it out. I told my husband that if pure evil had a flavor, that would be it.

This has been a great snack for us over the Christmas holidays. I really appreciate you sharing this with us. Happy New

93. I’ve never seen a layered dip before but I love all the ingredients, so why not?

94. I love to make layered dip like this for special occasions/parties.

95. clojo9372 says:

Oh this looks amazing! I, like you, absolutely LOVE Mexican food! But I have never heard of Mexican Lasagna! You have my peeked my interest and I am going to investigate it! ๐Ÿ™‚

96. Dotty J Boucher says:

This looks yummy! I don’t think I have ever tasted anything like this and I love the easy layering of everything and no cooking just lots of goodies in that dish.

97. Lauryn R says:

I love 7 layer dip, it’s the best of everything in a dip! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve never tried making my own though, I bet it’s even better fresh! Thank you for sharing!

98. Cinco De Mayo or any day! We love this stuff. It is always gone after a game.

99. This is my kind of recipe – no oven, no fuss, and totally delicious. Perfect for summer!