7 Nights of Dinners – Food Planning for the Week – Week 3

7NightsofDinners

I’ve been horrible at keeping up with this, but hopefully I’ll remember to keep doing this weekly! I know you guys get a lot of great ideas from it!
I try to keep up with food planning myself for the week. I don’t stick to a certain meal for each day, I just have a list and make sure I have the ingredients for it, and then make it!

1 – Grilled cheeseburgers with all the fixings (lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, ketchup, mustard, pickle), baked tater tots, and fruit salad.

2- Baked Potato Bar – Bake some potatoes and let everyone fix their own how they like them!
Some great toppings are butter, sour cream, cheese, bacon, green onions, chili, jalapenos, guacamole, broccoli & cheese, or even french onion dip. I love a potato with butter and french onion dip! Don’t forget the salt and pepper!

3- Marinated grilled chicken breasts (put some chicken in a ziploc with your favorite marinade, we like Italian dressing! Grill some extra chicken for another meal.) topped with sauteed mushrooms, onions, and green peppers, then cheese melted over that. We like cheddar, colby jack, or pepper jack! Serve with yellow rice and oven roasted asparagus.

4- Grilled chicken salads (use your marinated grilled chicken from the other dinner!). We like loaded salads here. My kids love chicken, romaine, cheddar, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, and dressing. I like chicken, romaine, dried cranberries, bacon, onion, bleu cheese, with a vinaigrette.

5- Pepper Steak over white rice with a side salad. SUPER easy to make, we usually double the recipe. I linked the recipe I use from McCormick.

6- Pan fried pork chops, oven roasted vegetables, and mac n cheese. I just pat dry my pork chops and season with seasoned salt and pepper, seer in a hot skillet with olive oil and butter, cook until no longer pink. Serve with bbq to dip if needed.

7- BLT’s, hashbrowns, and fruit salad. (We’re loving strawberries and cantaloupe in our house right now!)

Which one sounds good to you???
Are you going to make any of these this week?

Comments

1. Christy Phillips Acevedo says:

Yummy yummy…great job momma… So nice to have cooked meals at home. Even better when they are quick and delicious meals too. xoxox

2. Christy Phillips Acevedo says:

We are doing BLT’s, Loaded Tater tots and fruit salad tomorrow night…yummm

3. I LOVE the idea to use the extra grilled chicken for chicken salads! I will be doing that this week. Last week, I used my extras for chicken fajitas.

4. These meals sound great I am so not good at planning meals! It’s hard to find something everyone agrees on!

5. laura rubenstein says:

That sounds like some good dinners 🙂 I love burgers

6. Dandi D says:

This looks like a good plan–we eat grilled chicken salad a lot around here.

7. Cheeseburgers are always good. We also use Italian dressing on grilled chicken. It really gives it a good flavor.Baked potato sounds good too. I used to try and plan meals. I’m really bad about it.

8. David Fultner says:

i would like the BLT’s, hashbrowns, and fruit salad..

9. Debbie Welchert says:

I love your list. It’s a list I would use, it has everything we like.

These are some great suggestions. I always have a hard time figuring out what to make. Thank you for sharing

11. Baked Potato Bar sound delicious. I will try that one.

12. These all sound great! It’s very similar to our menu this week. We have burgers, mac and cheese, salads, and marinated chickedn on the menu.

13. LISA SIMOES says:

Great ideas! We have been ordering way too much take out….or cereal for dinner!

14. All of these sound really good. It’s been so hot I don’t want to eat.

15. Oven roasting veggies makes them taste so good, especially asparagus.
    slehan at juno dot com

16. Gloria Walshver says:

My dinners consist of baked Tilapia or salmon and chicken.

17. M.Clark says:

The Marinated grilled chicken breasts, the Grilled chicken salads, and the BLT’s, hashbrowns, and fruit salad sound great to me. I will definitely be trying all of these. Thank you for sharing these meal ideas.

18. Thanks for sharing your 7 Nights of Dinners! I really do love these recipes! However, like I’ve said before, the “hubby” hates chicken! The kids and I love it! Your chicken meals sound wonderful! I like to have burgers, especially on the grill! We also love BLT’s! We haven’t had them in a while! Maybe I’ll be making them soon (have to check the freezer to see if there is any bacon in there). I think this is a terrific idea of you posting a week’s worth of meals every week. We may not like all the meals, however, there’s bound to be a couple that we love and will make! Thanks for sharing your 7 Nights of Dinners with all of us! I honestly do appreciate it! Thanks again! Michele 🙂

19. Yum! These all sound great! I would love to try the pepper steak!

20. Christine Oh says:

They all sound good!! I want to try all of them!!

21. I seriously need to start doing this. I know it would save my family money. Also I need to stop taking my kids to the store with me because they are always asking for stuff that’s not on my list and it’s throwing me off my grocery store game, lol! Thanks for the tips!

22. Ronald Gagnon says:

Love the easy way you suggest to make dinners for the whole week..takes less time and stress I love the extra grilled chicken for chicken salads particularly

23. SaraAB87 says:

These are great food planning ideas.

24. anonymous says:

great planning

It can really make life alot easier to plan ahead. I appreciate you sharing this suggestions. It will be great for my family