5 Tips For a Good Night’s Sleep – #IC

I participated in an Ambassador program on behalf of Influence Central for Pernix Therapeutics. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation.

GoodNight

As a mom, we all know how important a good night’s sleep is, but we often don’t get a full night’s sleep. I know for me, I lie awake often thinking about everything I needed to get done in a day that I didn’t. I’ll remember something I meant to do, but I forgot. Did I lock the front door? Did I close the garage door? Did I take the trash to the curb? Did I make my child’s lunch? By the time I finally get to sleep, I only get a few hours, and we all know that’s no where near enough to function. Then we have the nights I can’t stay asleep, so I’ll get up and watch TV, browse Facebook, play a game, it’s so frustrating being tired and not being able to sleep.

New statistics show that more than half of Americans regularly struggle with sleeping throughout the night. HALF, that’s a LOT of people! What’s even more surprising, is that the most common symptom of insomnia is the inability to stay asleep, not difficulty falling asleep. On average, 72% of Americans miss almost three weeks of sleep per year, which is a total of 470 hours! Pretty eye-opening (no pun intended) right?

I have a few things that really help me have a good night’s sleep and I wanted to share them with you!

1. An hour before bedtime, turn off all electronics. No TV, no smartphone, no tablet, no computer/laptop. Unplug yourself. Your body will thank you, and so will your significant other.

2. Take a hot bath with lavender essential oils and epsom salt. This combination right here is amazing. It will soothe your soul. Epsom salt is great for tired muscles and the magnesium is great for you. Lavender essential oil is great for making you sleepy.

3. Don’t eat right before bed. Have your after dinner snack at least an hour prior to bedtime. You don’t want your belly to be digesting food once you’re in bed.

4. Limit your liquid intake. Don’t drink a lot before bed. I usually have some water right before bed, but I limit it to only about 4 ounces. I try to stop drinking any liquids at least two hours prior to bed.

5. Talk to a doctor. After trying the above for a week, and you have no improvement, definitely set up an appointment to talk to your doctor. Your symptoms may be more severe than home remedies can fix.

The good news is that there are effective treatment options available for those who may be suffering with insomnia. If you are having trouble sleeping through the night, you should speak with your doctor about your routine, lifestyle, and symptoms. There are options out there and you will find a solution, don’t give up. To learn more about the importance of getting a full, uninterrupted night’s sleep, stop by and visit Wanttosleepmore.com.

Silenor-infographic

Do you have any tips for a good night’s sleep? How to get to sleep and to stay asleep?

Disclosure: Everything Mommyhood received a promotional item for this posting and future postings as a part of an ambassador program. All thoughts and opinions are those of our own. This posting is in no way associated/affiliated/sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or any other social media outlet. If you would like to see your product/service on our site, please contact EverythingMommyhood@gmail.com.

Comments

1. Thanks for the tips! I was just telling my husband last night that I have been having a hard time sleeping and I wanted to find ways to help…and then I read this today! 🙂 I’m going to try turning off electronics an hour before bed and a bath whenever possible.

2. AH! Great tips! Thank you so much!

3. Thanks for the tip my bed right now is so uncomfortable

4. Never thought about not drinking a lot of fluids before going to bed. I do like to drink water during the day but I think I’ll cut back before bedtime now. Thanks for the info!

5. The electronics off an hour before bed will be the hardest one for me. Smart tip though.

These are some great tips that I could really use. Sometimes I have a hard time falling asleep. Thank you so much for sharing

7. thank you for the tips! i love the #2 tips..alright!! 🙂

8. Those are good tips. All except the lavender. The smell literally makes me ill. I use a spritz of lilac perfume on my pillow. For me, that scent works like lavender does for others.

9. Lori Pouncey says:

Sleep is not my friend lol Not something I get much of and have not for years to come, actually about 17 years to be correct! Thanks for the fab tips, I will def be sure and try some of these out 🙂

10. M.Clark says:

I agree, getting a good night’s sleep is very important. The one tip that I have is don’t do anything in bed other than sleep. Don’t read in bed, don’t watch TV in bed, just sleep. This will train your body and mind to know that the bedroom is for sleep.

11. Well, I’ve got 4 out of the 5 covered….so, I guess that’s why I sleep very well!!

12. these are great to know especially with 3 kids

13. Laurie P says:

T.V in bed has been my weakness for years…..starting at 14 when my dad bought a television for my own bedroom. Cool at the time, biggest mistake ever. I will never let my kids have one in there room.

14. I drink a ton of water every day, but make sure to stop 2 hours before bedtime, so I don’t get up in the middle of the night!

15. I am always waking up at night. I can’t remember the last time that I’ve actually slept through without waking. That probably explains why I’m not a morning person, and that’s putting it mildly!

16. great tips and nice review

17. Sophia,M.,McConnery says:

Can not do any of this.Have to have the TV on low,suffer from low blood sugar(have to eat before bed,and cell is beside me!

18. I HAD TO GO TO THE DR CAUSE I WAS IN TO MUCH PAIN TO SLEEP I TRIED EVERYTHING HOT BATHS BEFOR BED WARM MILK HEATING PAD NOTHING WORKED NOW I GET AMATRIPOLINE 75mg ON TOP OF MY OTHER MEDS BECAUSE I HAVE MULTIPULE HEALTH PROBLEMS

19. Deborah D says:

these are great tips

20. wow I’m guilty. I need to take hold of these suggestions, Sometimes easier said than done!

21. Deborah Dorris says:

I have problems with sleeping. I had heard most of the tips except the one with hot bath and lavender essential oil and Epsom salt. I am going to give it a try with all these tips.

22. Edna Williams says:

Thanks so much for all the good tips! I need these!

23. These tips are great. They really have helped me. I love using essential oils. Thank you for this great post