Dental Care Is So Important To Your Health!

Everything Mommyhood received a promotional item for this post. All opinions are those of our own.

Dental health is so important. You must take care of your teeth at all stages of your life! Growing up, my mom never really pushed dental care on me. Of course I brushed my teeth every day, but flossing and regular dental visits were not something I did. Even as an adult now, I’m deathly afraid of the dentist. I try to teach my children differently though, and I realize how important dental care is. I reassure them that the dentist is to help them and keep their teeth in great condition.

Most of you have children, and if you’re anything like me,  you’re always drilling (no pun intended) dental care into them. There’s a lot of great prevention tips to help your children with their teeth!

dental2

It’s so important to be a good role model to your children and show them proper dental care. After all, they will watch you take care of your teeth, so lead by good example!

Another problem in dental care is sports injuries! Now that it’s Summer, our children are participating in sports and may have dental injuries.

dental3

During pregnancy your gums will be more sensitive and they may even bleed, which is totally normal! I know I had a lot of different dental issues when I was pregnant with both of my children. Take special care of your teeth, especially when pregnant!

dental1

If you have any more questions, make sure you check out Jefferson Dental Care.

What tips do you have for Dental Care? Either for your children or while being pregnant?

Disclosure: Everything Mommyhood was sent a promotional item for this posting. All opinions are those of our own. If you’re interested in seeing your product or service on our site, please email us at EverythingMommyhood@gmail.com.

Comments

1. Dental care is so important. I have areas where my roots are exposed. I’ve already had three filled in and have to go back for the last three. I can tell you, it isn’t pleasant!

2. M.Clark says:

I agree, dental care is very important. Thank you for sharing this great informational post and the wonderful infographics.

3. I agree too! I think it is very important to care for your teeth and to have regular check ups.

Keeping our teeth and gums clean and healthy is important for our overall health. It does so much more than just rot our teeth. It effects our heart and many other body parts. Thank you so much for sharing

5. Caroline says:

I completely agree with what you say. Dental care is not only important to your teeth, but your overall health.

6. It’s definitely important! I visit my dentist regularly and I also try to make sure to floss every day and use my electric toothbrush for at least 2 minutes after I eat.

7. nadinebongio says:

Great article! It’s so important! My 1 year old grandson already brushes his teeth…all 6 of them! I’ll have to mention flossing to his parents…he has such nice spaces between, his teeth it should be easy! I’ve pinned all of this info to my Health board on Pinterest. Thanks so much!

8. I never knew that teeth could affect your heart which is so horrible. Dentist is the most expensive and I don’t understand why. I have a dentist appointment coming up as we speak for me and my son (: I always hated the dentist too as a kid lol.

9. Charlene says:

I knew a lot of the info you told us but it’s always good to get reminders. It’s so important to start early. I cleaned my babies teeth as soon as they came in with a cloth diaper.

10. Thanks for sharing and I agree! Dental care is so important!

11. Charlene says:

I knew a lot of this stuff but it never hurts to get a review. I started cleaning my kids teeth with a cloth diaper as soon as they came in. Can never start to early.

12. I’m very frightened of the dentist. I don’t even like going in for a cleaning.You have to do it. The earlier you get the kids bushing and flossing the better. Starting them with regular dental visits at an early age is a good idea. Take them in before there’s a problem. Hopefully they won’t fear the dentist then.

13. Elizabeth H. says:

I used to be afraid of the dentist until about 8 years ago. I went to the dentist after not having gone for many many years and good thing I did, I had to have all of my wisdom teeth surgically removed! Now I go to the dentist twice a year without anymore fear!!

14. I would have to agree, my friend recently was in so much pain from this tooth, it’s worst them birth pains.

15. Oil pulling is another great way to strengthen and protect your teeth.

I refuse to go to the dentist. I have panic attacks that are off the charts.

16. Sandy Weinstein says:

i love having my teeth cleaned, i am over due right now b/c i have to find a new dentist in my health insurance program. had some problems with my old dentist after being a client for over 10 yrs plus. he got new people and i did not like the way they cleaned my teeth and he got mad.

17. I agree; dental health is EXTREMELY important! I had beautiful teeth growing up, but then I started drinking tons of soft drinks and now my teeth have actually started to fall out. I am now 61 and I really regret not taking better care of them.

18. Lori Pouncey says:

Yes Dental care is extremely important! I have neglected my mouth over the years but only because I had a very traumatic visit once and it was enough to do me in forever! It was horrible and I can still remember the pain and how it felt even after 15 years! As a result of neglect I have really began to start seeing problems at 45 years od. I am about to start doing the Coconut oil pulling for my gums, due to so many peoples success with this, Wish me luck 😉 Thank you for sharing all this great info!

19. Carissa joslyn says:

I’m thankfully my kids love to brush they’re teeth! I haven’t been able to go to a dentist in 5 years, my insurance doesn’t cover it and we really don’t have any money. But I make sure my kids teeth are spectacular.

20. Wow… I didn’t know all of this. This is really eye opening. I’m always barking at my kids to brush and now I am so glad I haven’t relented. Great post!

21. kelly galpin says:

thanks for sharing this. dental health really is so important. i started flossing every day starting a couple years ago and i’m really glad that i did start, i do see such a difference now. my families teeth are shot due to smoking over the years and not taking care of their teeth. my father just got all of his teeth pulled out so he can get dentures because his mouth is so bad. i wish everyone would understand how very important it is to take care of your teeth!

22. I was really strict about taking my kids to the dentist & making sure they brushed their teeth before they went to bed when they were young!! They were on the honor system in the morning, because I worked weekdays. Being a Diabetic, I can tell you from experience that cavities & bad teeth can lead to other health problems!! My husband has an upper denture plate. It is very important to keep those clean also!!

23. Edna Williams says:

Dental care is important! Thanks for the posting!