Recipe: Farm Fresh Corn Salsa

cornsalsa6

Farm fresh corn salsa is one of my favorite recipes as I tend to make this one or two times a week. It’s great on tacos, burritos, nachos, eggs, chicken, fish, or even just by itself with tortilla chips. It’s so versatile and has such amazing flavor. On top of that, it’s super simple to make! I love making this organic, but it’s easy to make however you choose.

cornsalsa1

Ingredients:
1 Corn on the Cob
3 Plum Tomatoes
1/4 cup of red onion
1 Jalapeno
Cilantro to taste
Salt & Pepper
1 teaspoon of Olive Oil1 lime

Slice the corn off the cob. (You can roast this prior to, or cook in a pan with some olive oil)

cornsalsa2

Dice up your tomatoes, making sure to remove the seeds and innards.
Dice up your red onion small.
Dice up your jalapeno, removing any seeds or membranes (remember those are SUPER spicy, you can keep them if you want!) You can even add just half of the jalapeno if you’d like.
Chop up your cilantro, I only use a little bit, as my husband doesn’t like a lot.

cornsalsa3
Place everything in a bowl.
Juice of one lime and teaspoon of Olive Oil added in, and a dash of salt and pepper.

This is a super simple recipe to double or even triple. Add salt and pepper to taste. Once you make this, let it sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour to let the flavors meld together. Enjoy your farm fresh corn salsa!

This is an original recipe created by me. You are more than welcome to link to it in a blog post, or to pin on pinterest, but you MUST give Everything Mommyhood credit.

Comments

1. This looks so yummy have to try it one day.

2. Kristin K says:

No offense to corn….but, I would never put it in my salsa! I am very picky about what I like to eat, and corn is great by itself, but not in salsa. Sorry ๐Ÿ™

3. M.Clark says:

Yum! This looks delicious, I’ve never had salsa with corn in it. I can’t wait to give this a try. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

4. This looks way better than the stuff I buy. Gonna have to give it a try.

5. I’ve never tried this with corn or on food. I usually just slice up tomato, onion and some peppers and add Italian dressing.

6. This looks very delicious. We like salsa and chips here. Thank you for the recipe

This sounds so good with all those fresh veggies. I can’t to make this. Thank you for sharing

8. Corn is unbelievably cheap right now here, so I’m finding uses for it in everything.

9. Elizabeth Tarlow says:

This looks like a perfect Salsa recipe! Thanks for sharing; it looks so fresh & delicious! I’ll be making it today…I actually have all the ingredients on hand ๐Ÿ™‚

10. One of my main things as a snack during the summer time is fresh homemade salsa and my mom makes it the best I just love the way she makes it. It’s so juicy and delicious we have a garden and she gets the freshly picked tomatoes and jalapenos and it takes time to prepare but it’s so delicious afterwards (:

11. Sandy Cain says:

Oh, that looks SO good! The sweetness of the corn combined with the spicyness of the salsa! The only change I would make (a ittle one), would be to leave off the cilantro. I’m one of those people who can’t eat it.

12. Delicious. Haven’t made a good salsa in a very long time. Thank you for sharing your recipe.My daughter will love this. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Carol L

13. terry myers says:

We love salsa i will have to make your recipe thanks

14. I love salsa! This looks so fun and easy to make!

15. This looks fantastic! Ain’t nothing like using your own fresh grown veggies. I’m moving into an apartment the new year and I’m able to have a small garden. It won’t be what I’m use to, but at least I’ll have one ๐Ÿ™‚

16. I love corn relish and this looks like it has a kick to it yum.

17. vickiecouturier says:

i cant wait to make this,looks so good

18. Lisa Coomer Queen says:

This looks like a great salsa recipe. Will be trying this one soon. Thanks!

19. my grand would use this for all summer long the hotter the better the hillb illy love salsa

20. BILL HOFF says:

We are always looking for different ways to spice up our Mexican meals!

21. Patricia Hoffmeister says:

This really looks yummy! Salsas are one of my favorite dishes.

22. Actually adding sweet corn isn’t bad. I still followed my basic recipe, but added some corn. Thanks for the idea.

23. Thank you for the recipe. We will make this one for our family when we get together. Great recipe

24. This sounds delicious! Thank you very much!

25. Melissa S says:

This sounds like a great summer recipe. I love the corn twist on salsa.

26. Nataile Brown says:

I love salsa and this recipe sounds delicious! I really like that you added the fresh corn too. Thank-you for the easy & tasty recipe!

27. This salsa looks and sounds so delicious! I’ve had different kinds of salsa before, but never with corn in it! I can’t wait to give this a try!

28. I love both corn and salsa; I’ll definitely be trying this recipe. Thanks so much for sharing it!

29. Alison Gibb says:

I really farm fresh veggies!! This recipe will be a winner in my house!!

30. I have never heard of corn salsa, but it looks awesome & really fresh!! I love cold salsa especially in the summer! Thanks for sharing & I will pin!!

31. OH YES!! This is just what I needed! We got a little over ambitious with our gardening this year and I can’t think of enough ways to use all our fresh ingredients. This looks easy and absolutely delicious. I can’t wait to try it! Thanks for sharing. ^-^

32. This recipe looked so good, I copied it down. I am due to make this this coming weekend. I thank you for the share.

33. this food looks so yummy

34. my daughter is two !:) and she loves corn for some strange reason… so she would LOVE this! the kids love to “dip” their chips in salsa.

35. Tamra Phelps says:

That corn looks great! I love salsa, but I’d be tempted to just cook up that corn, lol!

36. My Granny use to fix this and I never could find her recipe but I have found it now, I love this recipe and I cannot get enough of it, thanks for this recipe

37. That looks and sounds so really good. It’s so easy to make too. I can hardly wait to make it for my family. I know they will love it. Thanks.

38. Lori Pouncey says:

This recipe sounds so yummy! Thank you for sharing, this would be good for a summertime BBQ or anytime ๐Ÿ™‚

39. Deborah D says:

I love corn. Will make this recipe!

40. Simple, fresh and flavorful. (I’d add some fresh garlic) Thanks.
    slehan at juno dot com

41. Elizabeth Mathis says:

This looks super tasty! And because I’m the experimental type, I bet it would convert to a southwestern style corn soup really nicely. Mmmm.

42. Get me a big bag of On the Border tortilla chips from Sam’s Club and then I could go to town with this stuff!

43. I love salsa-never had it with corn in it,i will give this try-looks so good

44. This looks so yummy

45. I don’t think you want to cook the corn for very long.
    slehan at juno dot com

46. Sandy Weinstein says:

i just won a jar of this from Harris Teeter, it is one of their new products. i gave it to a friend. i dont really eat corn, but i like the fresh recipe, which i think would be better than the jar. think it would taste good over a salad.

47. What a fun twist on salsa. This would be fun to make for a tex mex family dinner Sunday. They’d think I’m fancy…lol

48. I would love this at my next BBQ it looks so delicious we love corn and as salsa sounds so amazing.

49. I’ll be making this, this WEEKEND! I love any type of Mexican food! With corn being in season right now, what a great twist! Just learned this past week, I’ve not been putting enough onion in my salsa, so I am VERY excited to try this now! PERFECT TIMING!!!

50. Oh my, this looks absolutely wonderful! I love to eat salsa even plain and this recipe looks so very delicious!!
    I am going to try making it.

51. Carissa joslyn says:

This is so colorful and looks awesome! My son has a little Mexican in him and we love mexicany food!

52. I still plan on making this salsa. It looks very delicious

53. thank you for sharing this.i will try this at home so yummy to look at!

54. Went to the farmer’s market this morning and got all the ingredients.

slehan at juno dot com

55. Kristin K says:

I’m sorry…but this is not a salad that I would enjoy. I’m sure almost everyone else would. But, I am a very picky eater, and a super-taster! I don’t like things mixed together….they have to be separate. I hope everyone else enjoys your recipe!!!

56. I haven’t tried corn salsa before. I’ll definitely have to give this recipe a try!

This is great salsa. I love using all the fresh veggies. Thank you so much for this recipe

58. I think the corn is very unique and just makes this recipe stand out. I am going to try this out, and thanks so much.

59. This would be a fabulous appetizer for a fiesta party! I am definitely going to pin this.

60. that look like it would taste real good. i have to make some

61. Laurie P says:

I haven’t yet had any farm fresh corn, but when I do, this might end up happening! With just a little extra pinch of cilantro. Can’t wait!

62. this look so yummy and easy to make

63. I love a good salsa recipe. It really adds a fresh spicy bite to food.

64. This sounds so easy and tasty. Will definitely be making this before the Summer is over.

65. I made this recipe last week and it was so good! It was so refreshing and was great with tortilla chips!

66. I love corn salsa…so much that I will eat in on the side as a salad! In a pinch you can make it with frozen corn, but it’s not nearly as good!

67. Jessica Menster says:

This looks so fresh and delicious- I need some now!

68. johnhutchens1 says:

the salsa looks very good. I have all the ingredients to make this now. It will yummy at my BBQ. thanks for sharing

69. Love this recipe, looks delicious.

70. Corn salsa is delicious. I seriously could live off it in the summer. My husband has planted lots of tomatoes this year, so when they are finally ripe, I will be making big batches of this recipe. Thanks!

71. This looks so fresh…and delicious! Thank you fro sharing.

72. i’ve never try corn salad before ..
    this recipe looks great

73. Nancy Hilderbrand says:

MADE THE CORN SALSA AND TRIED IT ON BAKED SALMON AND IT WAS DELICIOUS. i USED A LITTLE LESS CORN AND PUT IT ON A SOFT TACO AND THAT WAS GOOD ALSO.

74. What a beautiful, delicious, healthy creation! Can’t wait to try! Thank you for sharing!

75. denise low says:

This looks very good. Our whole family love salsa. Thank you for the information.

76. TrippyCusp93 says:

Wow! I’ve actually never had corn salsa before, but my whole family has grown up eating salsa and we love it. I’ll have to try this corn salsa! It looks super refreshing and delicious!

A salsa that you can make with fresh vegetables is sure to be good. awe love fresh corn and this is another good recipe to use it, especially in the hot weather.

78. denise low says:

This would taste great on corn chips. Thank you for the entry.

79. Oh wow, this salsa looks SO good! I absolutely love making salsa fresh, it always tastes so much better that way. This corn salsa recipe looks easy and yummy and I know that the whole family would love it. I bookmarked to make asap, thanks!!

80. Just got a couple dozen Non-GMO corn on the cob and this recipe is calling my name. Thanks for the inspiration.

81. rochelle haynes says:

This looks good like to try this i love corn
    it taste so good and is good for you

82. This looks really good. I love to eat salsa with chips and I can make it not spicy. Thanks for the recipe.

83. This is good on tortilla chips. The sweet corn balances out the heat from the peppers. I honestly didn’t think I’d like this at first, but it’s pretty good.

84. I love keeping salsa on hand, too! I love it on my eggs for breakfast. I’ll have to try this version!

85. David Fultner says:

This salsa look fresh and tasty. I will give it a try.

86. This sounds great, my husband loves the corn salsa from Chipotle. Thank you for sharing with us.

Yummo!! This looks delicious!! What a great way to use the fall harvest ๐Ÿ™‚ We will be making this asap!! Thanks for the great recipe!

88. Edna Williams says:

This looks way delicious with all the fresh veggies. I can’t wait to try this!

89. Thank you for sharing, Chris loves corn salsa.

90. I love the taste of salsa so this would be nice to make.

91. This looks so wonderful and healthy. Can’t wait to try it. Just pinned!

92. Love salsa on baked potatoes or chicken breasts, and adding the corn in makes the colors so much brighter! Will definitely be adding this to the rotation! Thanks for sharing.

93. Renee Rousseau says:

Great staple recipe for healthy snacks and garnishes, added to my recipe box, thanks!

94. Edna Williams says:

This looks way delicious! I have to make this! Thanks for sharing!

95. Molli vandehey says:

ive never had a corn salsa

96. This sounds pretty good. I’m a bit picky about onion. I love it as long as it’s mild.

97. pumpkinsfan76 says:

Corn salsa is something Chris always gets at Chipotle, thank you for sharing your recipe with us.

98. This would be good without the corn and mixed in Italian salad dressing. I guess really with any vegetable and dressing you like, depending on what you plan to use it on.

99. Sally Wilsey says:

I really like anything with corn and I like salsa. This will have to go into my keeper box.

100. Now this is a salsa that I would make for sure. I enjoy different types of salsa, Also as just a side dish with dinner

101. Edna Williams says:

This takes salsa to great! My family loved it! Thanks again!

102. KATE SARSFIELD says:

It’s not easy to get fresh corn like this in Ireland (we don’t get enough sunshine!). I love the addition of the lime juice!

103. Regina Elliott says:

Wow! This would go good with cornbread and turn corn salsa into corn salsa soup !!! I want some now

104. Oooh I Love Homemade Salsa! My Dad’s Friend Makes Homemade Salsa & Homemade Ketchup but Everything’s Better Homemade! I Love How the Salsa has Corn in it Too, Great Post! Thanks, Jana

105. So simple and healthy! I’ve never made my salsa with corn but will have to give it a try.

106. Dotty J Boucher says:

I really like this recipe, and I have to say I finally got to try this with my family. We really enjoyed tasting everything that is put into this and I will be making this again for us.

107. This looks so so good I cant wait to make some for us. They will love it . Thanks so much

108. A good way to prepare corn for this or any dish is to put it in the pressure cooker for bout 7 minutes.

109. This is so good. We love it on game night or for a snack while watching a movie. Thank you for this great recipe.

110. This looks amazingly fresh and tasty. So much healthier than the usual salsas. Pinning this now for future reference. Yum.

111. Olivine Eyes says:

I love salsa better than almost any other dip. Thank you for this recipe.

112. I like the colors in this . I also llike it isnt a sweet salsa but a flavorful one. I will give this a go when we make or have tortilla chips it looks very good.

113. Tamra Phelps says:

I’m a big fan of any kind of salsa. I’ll try this one. The fresh ingredients sound great.

114. Margot C says:

How perfect! Corn season isn’t upon us yet, but’s coming and I’ll be ready!

115. Julie Wood says:

This Corn salsa recipe is amazing! It is fresh and easy to make and we love corn at my house. I will have to make it!

116. Kelly Kimmell says:

My daughter loves salsa and this looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.

117. Karen Iona Jaras says:

I love fresh salsa but I may have to seek out another onion as I am growing purple tomatoes this year. My neighbor has the peaches and cream sweet corn so this should be amazing!