Recipe: Rotisserie Chicken Tacos

tacos1

I’d like to preface this post by saying, these photos are really not the best as I only had my cell phone, but this recipe is REALLY good, so I had to share anyway! Maybe I will re-create this again at a later date and take better pics to update with! This is a really simple dish that can be made for one or two people, or even a family. I like coming up with ideas for leftover rotisserie chicken, and this is one of my new favorites.

ingredients

Ingredients:
(Amounts of these will vary based on how many people you’re cooking for.)
Rotisserie Chicken
Salsa/Pico De Gallo
Guacamole
Shredded Cheese
Lettuce
Onions
Corn Tortillas
Chili Powder
Cumin
Canola/Olive Oil

Shred your desired amount of chicken.
Heat up a skillet.
Put a few tablespoons of salsa per person to saute with the chicken in the skillet.
Throw in your chicken.

chickentomatoes
Sprinkle the chicken/salsa mixture with chili powder and cumin.
Saute until warmed through.
Set to the side.

tortillas
Heat up your corn tortillas with a little bit of oil.
Cook them through on both sides.
Drain tortillas on a paper towel.
Next assemble your tacos.

I like to put the cheese on the bottom so it melts and gets all soft and gooey from the heat of the hot tortillas and chicken. Then chicken, lettuce, onion, guacamole, salsa/pico de gallo.

tacos2

Comments

1. This is a wonderful way to put left over rotisserie chicken to use. The tacos look delicious, I can’t wait to give them a try. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

2. You say your photos are not the best but let me tell you I am not craving tacos because of them. Those tacos look delicious. And like M. Clark said that is a wonderful way to put left over rotisserie chicken to use but around here if there are left over we give it to the babies (fur babies) by dogs love chicken. But using chicken instead of ground beef like we normally do will be a nice delicious change. Also I never thought of cooking the tortillas to make my own hard shell taco. Great idea thanks.

I love this way of using leftover rotisserie chicken or even your own roast chicken. It makes a completely different meal.

4. Genora Brown says:

So delicious.

5. Gosh, I am hungry and what that to eat! They look satisfying.

6. I haven’t gotten a rotisserie chicken in ages – what a great way to have it!! I’m excited to try it!

7. We just bought a chicken to try on the new bbq rotisserie! Chicken tacos sound great! I think you’ve inspired some dinner plans 🙂

8. I like chicken tacos. Especially with grilled chicken breast. I have mine on a flour, soft shell. We haven’t had these in a while. It sounds pretty good.

These sound so good. Not only that, they would be quick to make. My family would love these. Thank you for sharing

10. johnhutchens1 says:

Those tacos look delicious. I love these quick meal ideas this time of year. Thanks for the inspiration for a quick meal. I am sure my family will enjoy them.

11. I have a rotisserie chicken in my fridge right now. Just made some chicken sandwiches. This looks good.

12. I love this recipe! My family loves tacos! I can’t tell you how many times a rotisserie chicken has saved me on a busy weeknight. You can put so many different meals together with one and these tacos are going to be a must try! Thank you for sharing.

13. This is a great way to use rotisserie chicken; this recipe looks delicious, I will definitely try it! Thanks for posting!

14. We are having chicken tacos tonight!! Hahahha I’ve never thought to use rotisserie chicken for that. Makes it alot more simple!!!

15. BILL HOFF says:

We are always looking for different ways to prepare chicken!

16. Im a huge fan of chicken But my family get a little tired of it so I try and switch things up for new ideas This sounds perfect for me to give a try to

17. This is a great recipe using rotisserie chicken. It is always on sale here and I can never come up with ways to use it. Chicken tacos will be yummy!

18. Thanks for sharing. An easy & quick recipe . And a great waay to use rotisserie chicken. My daughter would love this.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

19. What a great quick and easy back-to-school recipe. Tacos are a family favorite and this is a simple way to make everyone happy.

20. It sounds so delicious & your pictures are fine. Such a great idea for a summer dinner. Thanks for sharing

21. Holy yummy goodness! Those look awesome! I want some!!

22. This look very good and super easy! I love that you can take an already made rotisserie chicken and perk it up a little to made something even better! What a great idea, I will be doing this the time I make tacos.

23. Tacos are always a good meal choice. I like them because you add whichever toppings you like. It’s not pre made, so everyone’s happy.

24. We do this a lot. They turn out so yummy. Yours look great

25. rochelle haynes says:

This looks good and i love chicken

26. Tacos are just good. Chicken or beef. And it’s a great meal choice for picky eaters.

27. Now I am totally craving tacos! I usually do beef, but chicken sure sounds yummy!

28. I ❤️ Your take on a new idea for Taco Tuesday! I see us trying this before soccer next week!

29. This looks delicious! I love the idea of this and it is super easy. I also love that you made the shells yourself…. they are so much better like that. Thanks for sharing and I will be making this for my family this week!

30. We pick up a chicken at the market every so often and never thought about making tacos with the left overs. That’s a great idea. Who doesn’t like putting together their own meal.

31. So easy! What a great idea. Rotisserie chickens can be a great value.

32. Brandy moates Fortenberry says:

Thank u they went over well my boys really enjoyed them.

33. These look and sound delicious! I was going to cut up my steak last night and use that on my tacos instead of ground beef, but chose not too.

34. David Fultner says:

thanks I always love a quick and easy recipe idea.

35. Looks good

36. My husband would love these, thank you for sharing your recipe with us.

37. I like both chicken and beef tacos. I have a copy cat recipe book and use the Taco Bell version. It’s pretty good.

38. I love using rotisserie chickens in recipes, they make it so easy while still being healthy and delicious! These tacos look so good and I love how you can customize them! Have you ever tried making a chicken pot pie using one?

39. This is a great way to use chicken and to have great tacos.TY

40. Christina Strapp says:

Not sure why I have never tried this!! This would also be perfect for the left over chicken too.

41. This is a wonderful recipe for leftover chicken, can’t wait to try it

42. This looks yummy! I am pinning this for later.

43. We eat a lot of tacos in our house and this is a yummy version.

44. Allyson Bossie says:

I love these sort of semi-homemade recipes that make putting a healthy meal for the family on the table easy and not time consuming!

I do this with our leftover rotisserie chicken all the time!! Its always so fantastic!! My family just loves it and none of the chicken goes to waste!! So perfect!! Thanks for sharing you recipe!!

46. This is such a great idea. I don’t like chicken on the bone, but I love Rotisserie chicken. This would be such a great way for me to use Rotisserie chicken but shredded and not on the bone. Rotisserie is so tender, yummy and flavorful I bet this would be so good. yumm

This recipe is so good. My family just loves them. Thank you for sharing

48. This looks delicious. I would love to try this one out.

49. Thank you for sharing this,I have been looking for some new recipes to shake thing up at dinnertime and these look so good my kids will love them I will be putting them on the menu for this weekend.

50. They look delicious and a great way to use laft over chicken

51. I love all the different things I can make with a good chicken from Costco.
    slehan at juno dot com

52. Miles Imhoff says:

Mmm… rotisserie chicken tacos… *Homer Simpson drool*

God bless,
    Miles

53. Got a chicken from Costco today. I think this will be dinner tomorrow night.

slehan at juno dot com

54. That chicken looks super good all on its own. I would eat it just like that.

55. Tamra Phelps says:

I love a good taco! These look great, & the chicken would be better for my diet!

56. Edna Williams says:

This will be delicious. I love this quick and easy meal!

57. I like chicken tacos for a change. I usually eat beef. These are so much tastier especially when the chicken is cooked outdoors.

58. thank you for sharing this recipe. looks yummy.

59. (Recipe: Rotisserie Chicken Tacos) It’s been awhile since I have made tacos for my husband and I. I am going to make these real soon.

60. natalie nichols says:

This looks like something I can make and really enjoy.

61. amy tolley says:

these sound amazing

62. David Fultner says:

I love semi home made recipe ideas.

63. Christy Peeples DuBois says:

These look so good and my picky daughter would eat this also therefore it’s a win win for me. Thanks for sharing.

64. denise low says:

Thank you for the recipe. I think this looks delicious. We need to make this.

65. This chicken recipe looks quite tasty and appealing.

66. This sounds great and thank you for sharing your recipe with us. Very simple and easy to make.

67. Chicken always tastes better when cooked outdoors. I like a taco because each person uses what they like.

68. Emma Rogers says:

These tacos look easy to make and absolutely delicious. I love using rotisserie chicken because of the ease and flavor. I will definitely add this recipe to my box of favorites.

69. Edna Williams says:

This is a delicious dinner! I would love this!

70. Molli vandehey says:

cool! i have everything i need for this right now.

71. Vanessa Deneen says:

This looks so delicious! I love Mexican food, but I can never get my family to eat it. I think that this recipe will be something that they would like. Thank you!

72. Jodi Hunter says:

This sounds so yummy!!!!!

73. Angel Park says:

This looks so easy! Now that I know how to season the chicken my tacos will be nummy!

74. Debbie Welchert says:

I have never had chicken tacos before and these look so yummy. This would make a great taco bar for our family movie night. I can’t wait to try them.

75. Chicken tacos are a nice change of pace, We usually have ground beef but, these are a bit healthier and grilled chicken is a favorite. I like mine with Mexican cheese, hot sauce, sour cream. tomato and onion on a soft flour shell.

76. Sally Wilsey says:

This is great for a quick dinner on those busy nights. I really prefer chicken tacos to beef. This is going in the keeper box.

77. Edna Williams says:

You have just made my night! Thanks for the healthy recipe!

78. clojo9372 says:

i have never had a chicken taco before and it looks absolutely delicious. i am trying to eat more lean meat and not eat as much red meat as i used to for health reasons. this looks like a great recipe to try out! thank you! 🙂

79. Debbie Welchert says:

These look and sound delicious. I have had beef and fish tacos but never chicken. I am going to have to give these a try. I know my family will just love them.

80. I love using rositerrie chicken for different recipes. You can get such good chickens at Sam’s and Costco for cheap!

81. Rotisserie Chicken Tacos? Oh Yes Sign Me Up! I Love Tacos, I Mean Mexican Food is My Absolute Favorite Food! I Have Never had Chicken Tacos Before but This Recipe Sounds Easy Enough! Thanks for the Recipe Post! Have a Blessed Day, Jana

82. I love grilled chicken on a taco.Grilling the meat gives a great texture and flavor.

83. These Rotisserie Chicken Tacos are Perfect for Me b/c I Love Chicken & I Love Tacos! I Absolutely Love Buying the Rotisserie Chicken at the Grocery Store b/c You Can Literally Put it in Anything! My Favorite Thing to Make Now That I am Dieting is Chicken Salad and I Serve it on a Bed of Mixed Greens & Other Veggies! I Love it and I Have Started to Eat That a Few Times a Week for Lunch but I am Always Looking for New Chicken Recipes So Thanks for this One and I Will Definitely Make this One Night for Supper, Maybe with Some Refried Beans? Yummy! Have a Blessed Day Sweetie! – Jana

84. Dotty J Boucher says:

These look delicious!! I never thought about using a rotisserie chicken because of the flavor, but will have to try this, does look tasty!

85. Everything tastes better cooked on the grill. Tacos are always a good choice because each person adds what they want.

86. We make something similar to these with flat breads or tortilla shells . They are good , we like them

87. These were so good. My family frequently asks me to make these. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe

88. We do this. It’s nice to do with that green verde sauce too. Last time I added Corn cut off of the cobs, verde sauce and monkery jack cheese – very yummy.

89. ssullon22 says:

I am a sucker for rotisserie styled chicken! I think it’s the best chicken to eat. So much flavors! I love tacos but with a twist is nice. It’s very interesting! This recipe would be perfect for game nights. Corn tortillas definitely are better!

90. Thanks for sharing, I am always looking for recipes that use leftovers.

91. Olivine Eyes says:

I never heard of rotisserie chicken in tacos before. Yum!

92. Rotisserie chicken is a fantastic, time-saving way to make quick weeknight dinners!

93. Rotisserie chicken is the best! Makes a multitude of recipes quick and easy to make. Very convenient. These sound yummy!

94. Tamra Phelps says:

I love pretty much any kind of taco. I would definitely give these a try. I love simple but tasty recipes like this.

95. This looks good. What I like is it is another way too use leftover chicken if you have it. We love tacos and I have made these before. Oh, and your pics are fine, my tummy growled 🙂

96. Tina Alexander says:

Great twist…I love tacos so this would be a welcome change from beef and grilled chicken. Quick and easy recipe for the entire family. My two younger kids refuse to try beef, but they eat chicken;maybe they will try these.

97. These chicken tacos sound amazing. I know my family will enjoy these. Thank you for sharing.

98. Julie Wood says:

Your Recipe: Rotisserie Chicken Tacos look so delicious and I want to make these tacos for a family dinner. We love tacos at our house and this is an easy recipe!

99. These look scrumptious – the photos are great for the cell phone. Nice and easy a real pleaser for sure!

100. I love making tacos, I haven’t made them with chicken in ages – this is a nice recipe to try!

101. Kelly Kimmell says:

We love tacos and rotisserie chicken. What at great combo, sound yummy.

102. Karen Iona Jaras says:

This is a quick and easy meal and a great way to use up leftovers. I like to make chicken in the smoker and think that smoked chicken may taste even better in the tacos.