Everything Mommyhood was compensated with a gift card for sharing this information with our readers.
I can’t believe Summer is coming to an end. We had a pretty amazing Summer ourselves, but now that it’s Labor Day weekend we will be celebrating the end of Summer and for us, school starts on Tuesday. Labor Day is a day that honors the American labor movement and the contributions that workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of their country. Make sure you celebrate! I know we’ll be grilling out some yummy steaks, and if you are I’d definitely take advantage of the LongHorn Grill Us Hotline.
LongHorn Steakhouse is offering free grilling assistance and tips through the third annual LongHorn Grill Us Hotline for this holiday weekend, Labor Day!
We think our readers would be interested in knowing how to be in touch with one of the 40 Grill Masters Longhorn will have at the ready to answer questions and provide grilling tips. I’ve included the phone and text information below for you to be in touch with them this weekend!
- Phone: Dial 1-855-LH-GRILL (1-855-544-7455) to be connected to a Grill Master
- Text: Text LHGRILL to 40679 to get expert grilling tips and live, real-time grilling advice (Up to 2 Messages/request. Message and data rates may apply.)
Expert advice is available Friday, September 4, through Sunday, September 6, from 12 to 5 p.m. ET. And throughout the Hotline, LongHorn will surprise lucky callers with grilling gifts!
YES YOU COULD WIN A GREAT GIFT!
Now time for a super yummy recipe that looks absolutely AMAZING!
Grilled Strawberry Pound Cake Skewers with Grand Marnier Whipped Cream
Created exclusively for grilling season by LongHorn Steakhouse’s Executive Chefs
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of Grand Marnier
¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
¼ cup of brown sugar
1 pound cake
1. Clean and oil your grill grates, heat to 350 degrees F.
2. To make whipped cream, combine 1 cup heavy whipping cream with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
3. Whip until soft peaks form. Add Grand Marnier and whip quickly to incorporate. Cover and store refrigerated until needed.
4. Hull strawberries. Dip into balsamic vinegar then dip into brown sugar to fully coat. Set aside.
5. Cut pound cake into 1” slices then cut slices into 1” chunks. Strawberries and pound cake should be same thickness for even grilling.
6. Using 16, 8” bamboo skewers, hold 2 skewers so they are slightly apart and thread a chunk of cake onto them, then a berry crosswise, then another chunk of cake, then another berry.
7. Repeat to make 7 more skewers. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
8. Grill kebobs, turning once with tongs until grill marks appear – about 1 minute per side. Cake should release from grill when it’s toasted, but if not, nudge it with tip of your tongs.
9. Serve on platter with Grand Marnier Whipped Cream. Serve 2 skewers per person with the whipped cream to dip.
Recipe creates 4 servings (2 skewers each).
For more information about LongHorn Steakhouse or to find your nearest location, visit LongHornSteakhouse.com. Connect with Longhorn at Facebook.com/LongHornSteakhouse, Twitter.com/LongHornSteaks and Instagram.com/LongHornSteaks.
What is your favorite dish for a family/friend get together?
Disclosure: Everything Mommyhood was compensated with a gift card for this posting. All thoughts and opinions are those of our own. If you’d like to see your product/service feature, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.