Recipe: Sage, Butter, & Garlic Pork Chops #SmithfieldPork

Garlic Sage PorkChops

Fall is here and Winter is right around the corner, that’s why it’s time for some comfort foods that are perfect for the cooler/colder weather. I wanted to share with you one of our family’s favorite recipes I only make during the colder months as there’s just something about the ingredient of sage that’s warm and comforting during these months. Not only that this is such an easy recipe and only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish!

First off I want to tell you about these delicious pork chops, Smithfield All Natural Pork Chops they’re available at Walmart. They are a very tender cut of meat without added steroids, hormones, or artificial ingredients. These are my go to brand when I’m purchasing pork chops, and I love that they’re so easy to pick up while I’m shopping at Walmart.

Ingredients1

Ingredients:
Two Thin Boneless Porkchops (If you make more pork chops double the sauce recipe!)
3 Tablespoons of Butter
6-8 sage leaves, chopped up
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 Tablespoon of Olive/Vegetable Oil
Salt & Pepper

First off preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Next heat 1 Tablespoon of Oil over medium-high heat, as you’re going to want to get a nice sear on these pork chops.
While your pan and oil are heating up, dry off your pork chops with a paper towel, and add salt and pepper to both sides of them.

PorkChops SaltPepper
Once your pan is heated up, place your pork chops in the pan, and they should sizzle right away.
Cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes to get a nice sear that will be a golden brown.
Next place on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 6 minutes at 400 degrees.

pork chops baking sheet
(Please note it will take longer if your pork chops are thicker)
While your pork chops are in the oven, you’re going to make your Sage, Butter, and Garlic sauce.

garlic butter sage
Clean out the pan with paper towel that you just cooked your pork chops in.
Place back on medium-low heat and heat up the 3 Tablespoons of butter.
The butter should start foaming up, swirl the pan around a few times.

garlic butter sage2
Once the butter stops foaming, add in the chopped sage leaves and minced garlic.
You only need to add this in for about 30 seconds over the heat, you will be able to smell it when it’s done.
Don’t burn your garlic, as that’s the worst you can do!
Remove your sauce from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
Set to the side until your pork chops come out of the oven, which they will need to rest for about 5 minutes.
Serve the pork chops with the sage, garlic, and butter sauce poured over top.
Enjoy!!!

Pork Chops

Make sure you stop by and pick up your Smithfield All Natural Pork Chops at your local Walmart!

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Smithfield at Walmart. All opinions are those of our own. This recipe was created by Everything Mommyhood. You may pin on Pinterest with credit back to Everything Mommyhood.
If you’d like to see your product/service/brand featured on Everything Mommyhood, please email us at EverythingMommyhood@gmail.com.

Comments

These sound so good. I know my family would love this recipe. I will give it a try soon. Thank you so much for sharing

2. Crystal E. says:

These look so delicious and simple! I’ll have to try them out sometime!

3. Oh, do these look great! Not at all dried out like some pork chops are. I have to check out the Smithfield pork chops. And so easy to make, and only about 10 minutes, too Yummy! Pinned and planned!

4. That sounds easy. I don’t really eat pork very often. Usually when I do it tenderloin barbequed on the grill.I would try this without the garlic.

5. Yummy! I love anything involving garlic. We don’t eat too much pork here but I am definitely adding this to my “to try” recipe list. Wondering if I could try this with chicken or fish.

6. These pork chops sound amazing, definitely very moist and flavorful sounding! I will be making these soon, thanks!

7. This looks delicious, it’s a great dish for anyone who likes pork chops. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

8. I am smelling the pork chops just reading this post. I like that this is an easy recipe.

9. They look really good. Pork chops are something i rarely eat any more. Now I am craving them. LOL

10. This sounds great. I am growing sage in the garden and would love another recipe to utilize that. Pinning now!

11. Ooo… Sounds delicious and easy. Thanks!

12. Jeanne Jewett says:

OMG!!
    There goes my thighs again 🙀
    Can’t wait to try!

13. Jodi Hunter says:

We love pork chops, and these look amazing.

14. Looks like a good recipe! Thanks for sharing

15. Jodi Hunter says:

I tried these last night and they were so good.

16. Christina Strapp Lambert says:

Oh my these sound so good and very easy to make.

17. We rarely eat pork. When we do my husband cooks it. I’m always afraid of it being under cooked, so when I do cook it, I over cook until it’s dried out.

18. Richard Hicks says:

Look so appetizing. Wish I had this for dinner tonight!

19. This looks and sounds so good! A great meal for this week!

20. Sounds simple enough to make and looks delicious. I love finding new recipes to try.

21. Edna Williams says:

These really look great! They sound delicious! Thanks for sharing!

22. The recipe sounds pretty good. We rarely eat pork but this is a new recipe to try. I’d leave the garlic out. I can only eat it if it’s been oven roasted first. It mellows out the harsh smell and flavor.

23. Jodi Hunter says:

These are so freaking good, you have to try them.

24. melody hodge says:

Its too late to try this tonight but you can bet your bottom dollar im making these tomm nite. lol. they are looking super good. I cant wait to try this recipe out. Yeah! So glad you posted this.

25. Thanks for sharing your Yummy recipe on Recipe: Sage, Butter, & Garlic Pork Chops! I love pork! We just had pork chops the other night. Hubby made them and I didn’t have the heart to tell him that he cooked them a bit too long! The outside was so browned and hard! But, he doesn’t often cook so I didn’t say anything! I’ve never tried sage, so I don’t know if I would like it or not. However, the butter and garlic sauce sounds good all by itself! Thanks so much for sharing your Yummy recipe, the pictures, and your personal and professional opinions on Recipe: Sage, Butter, & Garlic Pork Chops with all of us! I honestly do appreciate it! Thanks again! Michele 🙂

26. That looks mouth watering.

27. Ronald Gagnon says:

I love pork chops and this unique and easy to make recipe will be on my list

28. These sound goo. Thanks for sharing.

29. Made a print-out of this recipe. We love pork chops but have few recipes for them. I think the sage will add a lot of flavor/

30. Great recipe! I enjoy cooking pork chops and we eat them pretty frequently. I’ll definitely have to try this!

31. Mandy P. says:

Oh this looks wonderful! Very savory w/ the sage and garlic/butter mix! I can’t wait to try these 🙂

32. These look delicious and simple–I will have to try them soon!

33. KATE SARSFIELD says:

I’ve never thought of using sage with pork & I’ve a pot of it growing on my kitchen window sill (sage, that is, not pork – doh!)!

34. clojo9372 says:

I love absolutely love pork! This looks like a great recipe and easy to make. I am not the best of cooks, so I hope I don’t screw it up too much! LOL! 🙂

35. Daniela Plume says:

I love sage and don’t use it nearly enough. Thanks for the recipe.

36. This looks delicious. Can’t wait to try this recipe.

37. Christine Savinelli says:

I’m pinning this recipe to try in the near future. These pork chops look really good!

38. what a great recipe my family my husband loved it!! thank u !! keep givingme new ideas likethis for us to try that we would never have if not or this your blog !! this is wonderful thank u

39. Pork is such a bland meat and can use lots of herbs. I really like the combination and can’t wait to make them. My kids said they would like to try them alson

40. These were so good. My family loved this meal. Thank you so much for this recipe

41. Sounds like a fairly quick and easy recipe. I remember back when pork had to be cooked forever. At least it seemed that way.

42. Wow, You Have a Lot of Good Recipes but I Really Like This One b/c I Also Like to Cook with Fresh Herbs and Sometimes Even Dried Herbs Too! I Have Been Cutting Down on My Salt Intake Lately So I Have Been Using a Lot of Herbs and I Swear by Lemon Pepper Seasoning Instead of the Salt! I Have Also Started Making & Using Flavored Vinegars with Fresh Herbs to Put on My Veggies & Fish! Thanks Again for the Post, Have a Blessed Day! – Jana

43. Richard Hicks says:

I love porkchops and this recipe is a winner!

44. These sound yummy and simple. Thank you~

45. These really look like they would be moist and flavorful. The sage leaves certainly add a nice touch.

46. Gina Ferrell says:

These are so simple to make and we love trying pork chops different ways. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

47. denise low says:

This looks delicious. Thank you for sharing this recipe. We will try it out.

48. These look delicious! I’m dying to try this out ,my family adores pork chops and I’m always looking for a new way to make them.

49. This looks absolutely delicious. I am going to try your special recipe.

50. belinda bell says:

I am always looking for different ways to cook pork. This recipe sounds yummy

51. Sue Hull says:

I always look for recipes how to make pork chops so they stay moist. This definitely looks so yummy! I may have to try this 🙂

52. Dotty J Boucher says:

What a great recipe to cook pork with, I don’t eat much pork but I do like to cook it porkchops once and awhile, will have to try this recipe.
    @tisonlyme143

53. I love porkchops! I love the smell of Sage. I will definitely give this recipe a try for a a family dinner

54. Always looking for a new way to make the same old stuff. Hubby bought pork chops the other day and they are in the freezer. I’ll have to try this recipe especially since the comments make it sound delicious!

Mmm!! You had me at garlic!! My favorite!!! <3 These sound amazing!!

56. Tandi Vidal says:

This sounds and looks so yummy. I can’t wait to give it a try. 🙂

57. Bonnie Lee says:

Oh my goodness these look absolutely amazing!!

58. Also need a little hot sauce in that mix.I love savory foods.They are much more yummy than bland or sweet!

59. denise low says:

Thank you for sharing this recipe. It looks very delicious. Pork chops is one of our favorites

60. Karen Adams says:

Thanks for sharing…looks delicious.

61. Kara Marks says:

This looks great–I’ve bookmarked it. Thanks so much!

62. We eat a lot of pork. It sounds like a good recipe.

63. Cindy S. says:

Wow. These look delicious and so easy to make too. I am pinning this for future use! Yummy.

64. great idea

65. I only recently discovered sage butter, even though I have a huge plant in my garden. It’s lovly just on chees ravioli too.

66. I buy Smithfield bacon all the time.

I’ve been hearing how good fried sage is and this recipe sounds really scrumptious! Can’t wait to give it a try.

67. belinda bell says:

these sounds so yummy. I love finding new recipes. I love sage and garlic

68. Laurie Arnheim says:

Sounds really good, but I’d leave those pork drippings in the pan!!! That’s the best part!!!! YUMMY! Thanks for the idea!!!

69. These look so good and easy to make. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

70. nice 🙂

71. I have to admit, pork chops are my favorite food. I have never had them like this.I will definitely try it, thanks for the recipe.

72. sarah hallenius says:

I love to use this recipe. It was a family recipe, how funny that I found it online too? Anyway, I am bookmarking this! Thanks!

73. These look delicious! I’m always keeping an eye out for new ways to cook pork chops.

74. I’ve been looking for ways to cook pork so I’ll definately try this out and I think my kids will really like it. I wish there was a pin it button…

75. Cheryl Everitt says:

Super easy recipe. We had pork chops today and I am kicking myself for not having this recipe.

76. Sometimes the most simple recipes are the tastiest recipes! Looking forward to trying this next week!

77. Olivine Eyes says:

I love garlic! I don’t mind if I have garlic breath.

78. denise low says:

Thank you for the recipe. You make it look simple to make.

79. Kara Marks says:

I’m always looking for a new recipe for pork chops and this sounds wonderful. I’ve bookmarked it–thanks!

80. This is a great recipe for fall and to jazz up plain pork chops.

81. Ronald Gagnon says:

I love pork chops and enjoy the tang of sage, but never thought of joining the two…however making two at a time is a crime I will not be able to commit…6

82. This prok chop recipe is right up my alley, I love seasoned pork chops ,thanks!

83. Ronald Gagnon says:

We really love pork chops..but these are special ..the idea of sage, garlic, and butter sauce poured over top..wow

84. Tamra Phelps says:

I love pork chops. The only meat I like more is smoked ham…so, you know, if it used to say ‘oink’ it’s fine by me, lol. This recipe is one I’ll try.

85. Darla Peduzzi says:

I’m always looking for new pork chop recipes. These sound so good! I am going to give them a try. Thanks for sharing!

86. It sounds okay. I don’t use garlic. But, besides that, I’d give it a go.

87. Brandy Trover says:

This is a recipe my husband and kids would enjoy. They like savory flavorings where I prefer the sweeter side of seasonings. Thanks for the recipe.

88. Cheryl Everitt says:

We are pork eaters from way back – just fresh! Thank you for sharing this awesome recipe.