This blog post has been sponsored by Nature’s Bounty® Earthly Elements™.
During the holiday season, it seems to be harder and harder to find any time to have me time. As a mom I think it’s so very important to have that me time though to be able to recharge, let loose, and de-stress. It seems so much easier said than done right though? Right. I don’t know about you, but I have two kids and my husband works a lot. I work from home blogging, while trying to take care of the household and referee my children day to day.
Now you add in the holiday season, buying gifts, running all around town finding that one special present, getting everything ready for that special holiday party, or even a big dinner. Those are HUGE stress inducers, at least for me. That being said me time is extremely important so I don’t go off the deep end, or at least feel like I am. You know what I’m talking about, as we’ve all been there.
Here are 5 ways to take “me time” during the busy holiday season:
- Get your spouse on board – You can’t really have me time without support from your spouse or significant other. Obviously you can always get a hold of a babysitter too. You need someone to allow you to have me time, whether it’s reading a book in a quiet room
- Have a night out with the girls – This goes along with the number one obviously, but have a night out with your girl friends. Go see a movie, have dinner and a few drinks, head to your girl friends house and have some wine, go bowling, go play putt putt golf, anything fun that will get you some me time.
- Set quiet time with your child(ren) – If your kids are a bit older, say 5 and up. Have an hour once a week where you have a quiet time, where they’re required to do something quiet, and leave you alone to let you get an hour in whether it’s just you relaxing and watching tv, sitting on your porch reading a magazine, exercising, or any of your favorite hobbies.
- Take on a new hobby – Back in the day before children I used to scrapbook a lot, I know a lot of friends have learned how to knit or crochet, or even make jewelry. My favorite hobby lately is taking something old and making it new, like a piece of furniture, or updating a wreath, or decorating the outside of a mirror in your home. Anything that interests you, go for it, and have your own me time doing so.
- Relax and escape to the bathroom or your favorite room – This is one of my most favorites lately, as I’ve discovered Earthly Elements™ essential oils and products. I like to make my bathroom like a spa retreat. Light some candles, turn down the lights, play my favorite music at a low level. Draw up a nice warm bath and add a few drops of your favorite essential oils. My favorites are Nature’s Bounty® Earthly Elements™ essential oils in Eucalyptus and Patchouli. I add two drops of each to my bath, and I just relax. It’s great aromatherapy and will definitely give you the me time you deserve and need.
Nature’s Bounty® Earthly Elements™ are my favorite brand to take “me time” with. Not only do I add them to my bath, but I can also add a few drops to a carrier oil such as Sweet Almond Oil and use them to massage with, especially after a stressful day. It’s such great aromatherapy and makes you feel like you’re at the spa. Another way you can enjoy any of the essential oils from Nature’s Bounty® Earthly Elements™ is through a diffuser. You can always put a few drops in your diffuser and just sit back and relax with a good book and your favorite blanket.
A great gift to pick up for the holidays would be the Nature’s Bounty® Earthly Elements™ Aromatherapy Gift Set complete with a diffuser and 1 essential oil.
If you’d like more information on these products please check out Earthlyelements.com.
Disclosure: Everything Mommmyhood has been provided with the above products by NBTY for this review. We have been compensated for this posting by Nature’s Bounty® Earthly Elements™. This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you’d like to see your brand/product/service featured on Everything Mommyhood, please contact me at EverythingMommyhood@gmail.com