5 Ways to Take “Me Time” During the Busy Holiday Season

This blog post has been sponsored by Nature’s Bounty® Earthly Elements™.

5WaysMeTime

During the holiday season, it seems to be harder and harder to find any time to have me time. As a mom I think it’s so very important to have that me time though to be able to recharge, let loose, and de-stress. It seems so much easier said than done right though? Right. I don’t know about you, but I have two kids and my husband works a lot. I work from home blogging, while trying to take care of the household and referee my children day to day.

Now you add in the holiday season, buying gifts, running all around town finding that one special present, getting everything ready for that special holiday party, or even a big dinner. Those are HUGE stress inducers, at least for me. That being said me time is extremely important so I don’t go off the deep end, or at least feel like I am. You know what I’m talking about, as we’ve all been there.

Here are 5 ways to take “me time” during the busy holiday season:

1. Get your spouse on board – You can’t really have me time without support from your spouse or significant other. Obviously you can always get a hold of a babysitter too. You need someone to allow you to have me time, whether it’s reading a book in a quiet room
  2.  Have a night out with the girls – This goes along with the number one obviously, but have a night out with your girl friends. Go see a movie, have dinner and a few drinks, head to your girl friends house and have some wine, go bowling, go play putt putt golf, anything fun that will get you some me time.
  3. Set quiet time with your child(ren) – If your kids are a bit older, say 5 and up. Have an hour once a week where you have a quiet time, where they’re required to do something quiet, and leave you alone to let you get an hour in whether it’s just you relaxing and watching tv, sitting on your porch reading a magazine, exercising, or any of your favorite hobbies.
  4. Take on a new hobby – Back in the day before children I used to scrapbook a lot, I know a lot of friends have learned how to knit or crochet, or even make jewelry. My favorite hobby lately is taking something old and making it new, like a piece of furniture, or updating a wreath, or decorating the outside of a mirror in your home. Anything that interests you, go for it, and have your own me time doing so.
  5.  Relax and escape to the bathroom or your favorite room – This is one of my most favorites lately, as I’ve discovered Earthly Elements™ essential oils and products. I like to make my bathroom like a spa retreat. Light some candles, turn down the lights, play my favorite music at a low level. Draw up a nice warm bath and add a few drops of your favorite essential oils. My favorites are Nature’s Bounty® Earthly Elements™ essential oils in Eucalyptus and Patchouli. I add two drops of each to my bath, and I just relax. It’s great aromatherapy and will definitely give you the me time you deserve and need.

earthlyelements

Nature’s Bounty® Earthly Elements™ are my favorite brand to take “me time” with. Not only do I add them to my bath, but I can also add a few drops to a carrier oil such as Sweet Almond Oil and use them to massage with, especially after a stressful day. It’s such great aromatherapy and makes you feel like you’re at the spa. Another way you can enjoy any of the essential oils from Nature’s Bounty® Earthly Elements™ is through a diffuser. You can always put a few drops in your diffuser and just sit back and relax with a good book and your favorite blanket.

NB Earthly Elements Logo_white backgroundNature’s Bounty® Earthly Elements™ are available at Walmart stores everywhere near the vitamins. They are great for holiday gifting as you can give the gift of “me time” to your friends and family.

A great gift to pick up for the holidays would be the Nature’s Bounty® Earthly Elements™ Aromatherapy Gift Set complete with a diffuser and 1 essential oil.

Diffuserpackage

If you’d like more information on these products please check out Earthlyelements.com.

Disclosure: Everything Mommmyhood has been provided with the above products by NBTY for this review. We have been compensated for this posting by Nature’s Bounty® Earthly Elements™. This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you’d like to see your brand/product/service featured on Everything Mommyhood, please contact me at EverythingMommyhood@gmail.com

Comments

1. Sally Wilsey says:

I run like crazy and my mind will not shut off. Didi I get a gift for Uncle Joe type thing. Besides that my Granddaughters birthday is the week before Christmas. Thank you for these tips I really like th aromatheropy one.

2. Lissa Crane says:

Great ideas! I love the reminder that we all should take some “me” time during this busy Holiday season!

You are so right. We all need to have some time to relax and enjoy our loved ones. I also love essential oils. I did not know that Nature’s Bounty made these products. I will have to check them out soon.

4. Relaxing is always great I just try not to stress, period. The almond oil sounds nice. The other scents, especially lavender make me ill.

5. Lisa Coomer Queen says:

I really need about a week to get over Christmas! Thanks for the 5 ways to relax. Love Essential Oils.

6. Katie Burnette says:

The holidays are the worst for me stress-wise/ My family shows little respect or boundaries so I guess my biggest hint would be that it’s ok to say no.

7. David Fultner says:

The thing that works for me is cut visits short and take naps.

8. Kathy Hammac says:

I like to have a place just for me, where I can read or do counted cross stitch. Thanks for the suggestions.

9. I got me time tonight and the guys went out to see the new Star Wars movie and dinner. It has been quite and nice.

10. I love lavender, but it makes me sleepy. I read, crochet, and go online to relax. It takes my mind off most things.

11. Jeena Bittenbender says:

Nothing wrong with a little wine and Netflix to unwind the night of gift gathering and wrapping…

12. this is somthing i need baacuse i had abad holdiay with death in fmaily and now hivng to fight the women who got my borhter stuff

13. melody hodge says:

“Me Time” is very important to me. With out it, I cant stay organized, relaxed, or happy. I love taking hot baths with lavender and talking short walks outside. My house is surrounded by woods so its very relaxing.

14. I was thinking the almond oil would smell good. Then, noticed on the label that it’s unscented. Too bad.

15. Edna Williams says:

I love to relax! Thanks for sharing!

16. Everyone needs time for themselves. I enjoy crossword puzzles, especially on the weekend. That helps me unwind.

17. I remember when the kids were young and I worked outside the home it was hectic. It is important to try to keep things in perspective. No one can do it all. Give yourself some rest. If you don’t take care of you, you can’t take care of anyone else.

18. Diana Scholz says:

Wish I would have read this a month ago =/ BUT I’ve just started some “me time” recently with Adult Coloring Books, LOVE IT!

19. It is busy around our house year around so these suggestions have been great. I love using essential oils. They really work and help me out alot. God Bless