Recipe: Cranberry Orange Glazed Pork Chops #SmithfieldPork

PorkChops1I don’t know about you, but it’s always so hard for me to come up with really GREAT pork chop recipes. Sure you can bread them and bake them, Cook them up with some gravy, but bleh…those are the days of the past. I’ve been experimenting with different types of EASY but fun pork chop recipes and so far my family have really loved what I have came up with. I posted last week my pork chop recipe and it was a new one I made up that was fabulous as well, Sage, Butter, and Garlic Pork Chops.

First off I let me tell you about these delicious pork chops, Smithfield All Natural Pork Chops they’re available at Walmart. They are a very tender cut of meat without added steroids, hormones, or artificial ingredients. These are my go to brand when I’m purchasing pork chops, and I love that they’re so easy to pick up while I’m shopping at Walmart. Not to mention, they’re a great price to boot.

PCIngredients

Ingredients:
Package of Smithfield All Natural Boneless Pork Chops (You can use bone in, but I prefer boneless)
Zest of half of an orange
1 can of Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
1/2 cup of orange juice, you can use fresh squeezed or any store bought
Salt and Pepper
1 Tablespoon of oil, canola, vegetable, coconut, etc.

cranorange
In a sauce pan pour in your cranberry sauce, half a cup of orange juice, and your orange zest.

cranorangepan
Bring this to a boil and then simmer for approximately 30 min to reduce. Stirring every 5 min or so. (Do not cover)
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a pan on the stove, get it nice and hot with your oil in it so you can sear your pork chops.
You will not be cooking these through, just getting a nice color on them.
While you’re waiting on your pan to get hot, blot your pork chops with paper towels to dry them, then season with salt and pepper on both sides.
I like to press the salt and pepper in with my hands, but that’s because I use fresh ground and it sticks better.
Cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes to get a nice sear that will be a golden brown.

searedporkchops
Take out of the pan and place on a baking sheet.
Next, take some of your reduced sauce out and put it in a bowl to baste your pork chops with, that way you don’t cross contaminate your sauce with uncooked pork.
Once on a baking sheet, baste your pork chops with a little bit of the cranberry orange sauce.
Bake for 5 minutes at 350.

glazedporkchop
Remove from the oven, and baste your pork chops again.
Bake for 5 minutes.
Remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes before serving.
Top with more of your sauce that’s in your pan (don’t use the sauce you took out to baste with!).

FinishedPorkChop

Enjoy! These are super great paired with stuffing and asparagus and some rolls!

cranberry porkchops

Make sure you stop by and pick up your Smithfield All Natural Pork Chops at your local Walmart!

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Smithfield at Walmart. All opinions are those of our own. This recipe was created by Everything Mommyhood. You may pin on Pinterest with credit back to Everything Mommyhood.
If you’d like to see your product/service/brand featured on Everything Mommyhood, please email us at EverythingMommyhood@gmail.com.

Comments

These sound so good. I am always looking for new ways to make my pork. Thank you so much for sharing. We will give these a try

2. The glaze sounds pretty good. I’m just not one that likes fruit on meat. It does look pretty though.

3. belinda bell says:

‘m always looking for new recipes for pork chops. This one looks so good.

4. looks good. an alternative for “dry” porkchp alone.

5. I would have never thought of this pork chop recipe, but it sounds amazing! I really like the idea of pairing it with cranberries and orange, and stuffing and asparagus! I will definitely be making this, thanks! 🙂

6. Just pinned this. Looks so tasty and easy – especially for a week night.

7. Looks good, and I love anything with cranberry! Thanks for sharing

8. I have had Smithfield Ham and bacon, but have not yet tried the Pork Chops. Thanks for the recipe

9. Jodi Hunter says:

I can’t wait to try these on pork chop night.

10. Oh my gosh this looks amazing! The glaze is making my mouth water! I have not had the Pork Chops from Smithfield yet! But now I will. 🙂

11. I love how easy this is and I have all the ingredients now! I bet this tastes great on chicken too.

12. denise low says:

Looks so delicious. Thank you for sharing. Hope mine turn out like yours

13. Sally Wilsey says:

This is a great recipe for the season. It looks so good. I love pork chops with anything.

14. I have an Asian Pork Chops recipe that awesome, but these sound really good as well!

15. We rarely eat pork. If we do my husband uses pork loin,cuts it and makes it with bbq sauce on the grill. He thinks this recipe sounds good. Maybe he’ll try it. Thanks for sharing.

16. Richard Hicks says:

They look so delish. Want to give this a try sometime

17. Gina Ferrell says:

Yummy! I love pork chops and always looking for different ways to cook them. I need to give this one a try since I love Cranberry Orange flavor!

18. Edna Williams says:

These look so good! I just love Smithfield Pork Chops! Thanks for sharing!

19. They look really good and I bet the pork and cranberry go really well together.

20. denise low says:

Thank you for the recipe. This looks really delicious. May have to give this a try.

21. Jodi Hunter says:

We made these last night and they were great.

22. These sound wonderful, I will have to give these a try!

Thanks for the Post, Pictures and the Recipe!

23. BILL HOFF says:

We are always looking for different ways to prepare pork chops!

24. Thank you for the giveaway!

25. melody hodge says:

Ive never tried anything like this out but this recipe looks delicious. Not sure how my husband would take it but its worth a try.

26. David Fultner says:

Great presentation. I bet they were tasty too.

27. This recipe looks and sounds delicious. I love fruit flavored glazes on meats. thanks for the recipe

28. DENISE LOW says:

Thank you for the recipe. This looks so delicious. We will give this a try.

29. Daniela Plume says:

thank you for the recipe.looks delicious.

30. I’m still not crazy about mixing meat and fruit. I know it’s common and a lot of people enjoy it. I’m just picky.

31. We’ve been eating more pork lately and I’ve been looking for some different recipes. This looks really good, I’ll have to give it a try!

32. These look good, great combination!

33. DENISE LOW says:

Thank you for the recipe. I want to try this recipe out. This looks very delicious

34. Pork chops are one of my husband’s favorite foods, so I’m going to have to try these.

35. This really makes it extra special with the cranberry sauce and doesn’t look too difficult.

36. KATE SARSFIELD says:

Oh Lordy, these certainly look good & a great way of using up the cranberries in the freezer!

37. denise low says:

This looks delicious. It would be great for anytime. Thank you for sharing.

38. I have all the ingredients. Will make them soon.

39. This is interesting and different. My curiousity wants to bite in to try the combo of flavors. Thank ou!

40. There is something so delicious about pork with cranberry glaze.

41. I emailed this link to my sister & she’s going to make this tomorrow!

42. These look good! Thanks for the easy peasy recipe

43. I still say no fruit on the meat. Maybe on the side. If anything I like stuffing.

44. YUMMY! This Pork Chop with Orange Cranberry Glaze Looks Amazing and Here’s the Funny Part: “I Don’t Even Like Pork Chops!” I Haven’t Ever Really Liked Pork but These Do Look Delicious and I Bet You Could Even Shake Things Up By Using Chicken Instead of Pork Chops & Even Change the Glaze to a Strawberry Glaze on the Chicken! That’s Why I Love Recipes Like This, if You are Out of a Certain Ingredient You Could Easily Substitute it for Another One! It’s Really Trial & Error and Maybe You Will Even End Up Creating a Masterpiece by Accident (LOL) That’s Where Some of My Best Recipes Come From, By Experimenting with What I Have on Hand! I Think I am Going to Try This Recipe Though b/c it Does Look Good! Great Recipe Indeed! Have a Blessed Day & Thanks, Jana

45. I am not a huge pork fan, but these sound yummy. Thanks for the recipe!

46. This looks like a really great recipe. I will be trying this within the next week.

47. Looks really good, I love cranberries!

48. Amy Tolley says:

omg!!! these looks delicious ..I love to try new recipes out with my family and this will definitely be one added recipe …thanks for sharing this delicious looking recipe with us…

49. Dotty J Boucher says:

This looks delicious! my mom use to make something like this, I will have to try this recipe out and see if the family will enjoy it.
    @tisonlyme143

I love that these are low fat and helathy, yet taste delicious.

51. Richard Hicks says:

I love pork chops and this recipe gets a thumbs up!

52. Dotty J Boucher says:

I have got to try this, I think I said I was going to try it before but its actually coming to eating the pork, but I do like the recipe

Oooh these sound divine!! I love cranberries mixed with meat so we will have to try this!!

54. Thanks for letting me know that I can get Smithfield All Natural Pork Chops at my local Walmart. I will be making this over the weekend.

55. My mom used to do what they named Heaven and Earth in Germany.It is something similar but they used apples.I think for myself the sub would have to be real tart!Thank you!

56. The Char says:

I didn`t know anyone did this. I gotta try this!

57. Anne Marie Carter says:

I have used cranberry sauce as a glaze on chicken but, never on pork. This recipe looks yummy.

58. This looks like something we would like. We love pork.

59. Anne Marie Carter says:

I have used canned cranberries on chicken before but, never on pork chops. I bet that it is delicious!

60. This looks like a great recipe! I don’t eat meat, but am always looking for good recipes to cook for my family. I know this would be a huge hit! They’ve always liked pork chops with applesauce– this would definitely be something different, and I’m sure they’d love it. Thank you for sharing!

61. rebeccabasset says:

Oh these sound delicious! I think that they might have other Recipes too, on the Smithfied Pork Site. Thanks so much for the Post, Pictures, and the Recipe!

62. They look so delicious! I will be making these.Thank you fotr another awesome recipe 🙂

63. This looks delicious! I want to make these for dinner tonight!

64. Shae H. says:

I am definitely in a rut when it comes to cooking pork chops. I can’t wait to try this recipe out and see how my family likes it.

65. bohemianbabushka says:

Don’t know why BB’s never thought of that combo for meats. Sounds absolutely delicioso!! Sweetie and BIL would definitely love this one. Gracias.

66. I am always trying to find great protein foods. I really like the : Cranberry Orange Glazed Pork Chops recipe and plan to fix it this weekend.

67. Oh I remember my Grandma used to fix this for me but I could never find out what ingredients she used and this is it, looks very good

68. ssullon22 says:

Cranberries are my absolute favorite! I love cranberry sauce so when it comes to porkchops, I think it’s perfect. I love the combination of these two. A touch of Orange zest, salt and pepper bring out the flavor.

69. I made this. I still had whole cranberries in the freezer (we love cranberries); it’s very, very nice!

70. I love cranberries on different meats and I bet that it tastes wonderful on pork! This recipe looks delicious. I also leave cranberries in my freezer to use later.

71. Olivine Eyes says:

After reading your sage, butter and garlic porkchops recipe then this one, I believe you could do anything with porkchops.

72. Looks good the only thing I don’t like is the cranberry so I think I would never make this even though it looks amazing .

73. Debra Holloway says:

You feature some of the most amazing recipes. They are always unique and delicious.

74. lncleslie says:

I never would have thought to combine these ingredients together with pork chops BUT they make sense and I bet its delicious!

75. Ronald Gagnon says:

I love pork chops cooked any way…but your recipe is wonderful..my next pork chop meal

76. Cathy French says:

I love anything with cranberries in it. Thanks for posting this recipe.

77. CASSANDRA MARTZ says:

This looks like something my family would like.

78. Darcy L Koch says:

This is a different way to do your porkchops. I don’t think I would care for them as the glaze doesn’t appeal to me.