It’s Okay to Just Be Okay

It's Okay to Just Be Okay

It’s Okay to Just Be Okay.

As a mom everyone expects you to do all these fun things with your kids. For instance, cute crafts, fun experiments, baking projects at home, taking them to soccer/baseball/gymnastics/cheerleading, playing with them at the park, having a picnic, etc. As a stay at home mom, and I’m sure a lot of you reading this are, I think SAHM’s are even more inclined to do all these fun activities with our kids. (No, I’m not saying working moms aren’t, just giving my opinion as a SAHM.)

Sometimes as a mom, I just don’t want to “mom” today. I don’t want to adult today! I don’t want to sit on the floor and play right now, I want to sit and watch a 30 minute TV show or paint my nails, or a dozen other things for me. Sometimes I don’t want to drive to the park like we do 5 days a week, this week I want to stay at home and be a homebody. Tonight I don’t feel like cooking dinner, so I’m going to order pizza. I’m obviously not going to neglect my children, I will find something for them to do independently. It’s good to teach your children independence too, ya know?

You know what??? ALL of these are okay. We don’t have to be perfect moms all the time, entertaining our kids, sometimes we need time for us. Sometimes we just need that time to recharge. We may not have the opportunity of leaving the kids with a babysitter or a spouse to get away, so this is our way of “getting away” and that is totally okay.

These days I think there is just so much pressure and competition for us to be perfect moms that I want you to know that it’s okay to just be okay. We all have bad days, our kids have bad days, our husbands have bad days, our significant others have bad days. there are days when our kids just want to watch TV or play with their iPad, just like there are days when I just want to play a game on my computer or read a book.

I guess some people reading this may not agree with me, but guess what?? That is okay too! We are all different, and we are all okay.

It’s Okay to Just Be Okay. Remember that.

Comments

1. Yeah, you have to take time out for you once in awhile too and that is okay.

2. I’m not under that pressure because mine are married adults. I’m the type of person that I’m just me. Take it or leave it.I don’t try to be rude, but I won’t do something just because of pressure, or it’s expected of me.

3. I agree that the pressure to always be on and have constant interaction is so tough and stressful.. need to remember that its good for kids to have some time on their own and figure out how to entertain themselves.

4. Definitely, it’s okay to want time off from mommy-duty. I’ve used sitters and mom’s day out programs to just take some time for me and recharge. Otherwise you can get ‘burned out’ and start feeling resentful. Me time is okay.

5. Regina Elliott says:

I believe that every mom or parent needs a day off in order to decompress all the stress

6. rebeccabasset says:

I agree with you, SAHM Moms are the best, at least according to what I read about and all that you do, I am surprised that you can run a Blog, and Bake and run Errands, and do Crafts, help with Schoolwork, and every thing else that you have to do, such as Cleaning, Reading to the Kids, Bath Time, etc…Well I think that you’re all AWESOME!

Thanks for this Post, and you’re Blog!

7. If a person can’t be comfortable in their own skin, how can they do another person any good? Make peace with yourself and then the rest will fall into place. Not always easily, but you’ll be able to deal with issues that come up.

8. Dandi D says:

This is good for every mom to be reminded of.

Thank you so much for sharing this. I think our children need to learn that it is ok to stay at home and use their imagination in play at times. Thank you so much for this great article

10. KATE SARSFIELD says:

I don’t have children of my own but I work with children & adults who have learning disabilities. I teach them from the very early days that none of us is perfect; you might be in a wheelchair, another can’t read or write, and guess what guys, I have asthma & diabetes. I am there to help them to achieve their best and sometimes I need help too. That way we all work together and learn to share our abilities and experiences.

11. Amber Deuel says:

I agree!!! It’s hard, I have five children and doing something each one wants to do gets exhausting!

12. Edna Williams says:

Yeah! I’m always feeling stress! Thanks for sharing!

13. Jessica Tartaglia says:

Its ok to be ok. That is exactly how i feel, just ok. I don’t feel happy or mad i just feel ok

14. Laura Bowman says:

Great advice! Thanks for sharing 🙂 It’s hard staying home sometimes when hubby works so many hours. But I am thankful he takes care of us too!

15. clojo9372 says:

i would like to say something. i am not a Mom, and to be honest i have no intention of ever being one.. with that said .. i think being a parent is the hardest job in the world. i applaud all mothers who stay home and raise their children to be the best people they can be. But sometimes you just have to unwind and just be you and not be mom for a minute. that is perfectly alright and understandable. you’re human!!! 🙂 thank you for this insightful post and i hope all moms who feel pressure to be perfect will read this and take a step back to breathe and relax. 🙂

16. I know I have had much feed back from other parents because they felt I didn’t do enough, I tried hard and now I do fun things with my grandchildren but on my terms, I sometimes have to step back..

17. No one is perfect do what you think is right.

Thank you for this!! I think I stress myself out too much trying to be the perfect parent and some days its just not happening lol.

19. We have to start teaching our kids this right from the start.