Everything Mommyhood’s Top 5 Tips for Traveling – Featuring Master Lock & SentrySafe

This post brought to you by Master Lock. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Everything Mommyhood.

As a blogger and a mom, I am always traveling whether it’s for a blogging event, a press trip, going to see family, or going on a vacation. I have learned so much over the years of traveling with my husband and two girls, that I have some GREAT tips that you’ll definitely need to bookmark this post so you can come back to it when you get ready for your next vacation. Whether you’re flying, driving, or even going on a cruise, these are seriously the best tips!

Tip #1
Pack Light
– This has ALWAYS been the hardest for me because for one, I have girls, so I always want to bring all of the cute outfits and the shoes to show them off. Keep it simple. Bring outfits that can interchange with one another and do the same with yourself and the rest of the family. Try to only bring no more than 2-3 pair of shoes for each person, or less if you can. If you run out of clothing to wear, you can always wash them as there is bound to be a laundromat where you’re headed.

Tip #2
Dress Comfortably
– Make sure that you and your family are dressed comfortably, especially if you’re flying. More than likely you’ll have to take your shoes off for security, so for one, those need to be easy to remove. Wear layers if you can, that way if you’re chilly you’ll have enough layers or if you get a little warm you can remove your cardigan or something you decided to layer with. Plus it’s always great to be comfortable while on a trip. For the love of all things holy, please bring comfortable shoes. You’ll thank me later.

Tip #3
Pack Snacks
– A couple days before your trip head to your local store and pick up some of your family’s favorite snacks. If you’re flying, these will obviously go in your luggage that you check in. Otherwise, you can just bring them with you if you’re driving or even going on a cruise (at least I always do). Food is expensive in a lot of places, so having snacks on hand for your kids who seem to have bottomless pits for stomachs, is a super good idea. I don’t think I’ve ever packed snacks and none of us have ate them. They always get eaten.

Tip #4
Bring Cash
– Make sure you always have some cash with you in case of an emergency. I know for myself, I never ever carry cash. Literally right now I don’t even have a dollar bill in my wallet. It’s important to have a few forms of payment in case of an emergency, but cash is almost ALWAYS accepted every where you go.

I of course saved the best and the MOST important tip for last, because I really want to elaborate on this one!

Tip #5
Travel Smart –
I’m sure you’re asking, what do you mean? Well for one I always Travel Safe with Master Lock because I know I can count on them to keep my luggage safe, especially when flying you’ll want to make sure that if you’re using a lock it must be a TSA-accepted luggage lock. One of my new favorite items to bring with me on our vacations is the SentrySafe Portable Combination Safe. It keeps all of our valuables locked up and it will ease your mind. No worries is just exactly what you want when traveling.

These are my two favorite products that I use while traveling!

It’s so simple to use the Master Lock (I have the Master Lock 4688D), after you set your code, you just put it through the zippers to lock your luggage. Since it’s TSA approved, there are no worries either! I also love that it’s affordable and a reliable solution that keeps your valuables protected.

Keeping my personal items and valuables locked up is important to me when traveling, and it should be to you as well. You never know what kind of accident, emergency, or situation you’ll be in. With these two products, for everything worth protecting while traveling, you’ve got Master Lock, and of course Sentry Safe too. Master Lock is a trusted brand by consumers, and as you know, they’ve been around for years!

Now the SentrySafe Small Portable Combination Safe is one of my favorite products I own. It holds more than you think it would!

When using the Sentry Safe you can keep your cell phone, money, keys, jewelry, medicine, checkbook, credit cards or other small valuables secure while traveling, at work, on campus or at the gym. It’s obviously not just for traveling, you can also use the durable cable, which can be wrapped securely around a fixed object or serve as a carrying handle too. It’s even water resistant!

The best thing is it fits right in your suitcase and doesn’t take up much room. This is a carry on size suitcase so you can get an idea for size too!

Of course there are a lot more tips out there for traveling, but those are honestly my top 5 whether traveling with just my husband, my whole family, or even by myself. I’d love to hear what other tips you all have for traveling whether it’s by car, train, plane, or ship!

What are some tips that you have, that are important when traveling?

Visit Sponsors Site

Comments

1. Dandi D says:

These are some great tips! I wish I could travel more.

2. KATE SARSFIELD says:

Travelling light is so important. Who wants to pay the excess? I was once stuck behind a couple who refused to pay the excess or leave anything behind so they proceeded to put on ALL the clothes in their suitcase! The plane was delayed by 35 minutes – I’m just glad I wasn’t sitting next to one of them!

3. It is important to protect your property. I put the important items in my carry on bag and keep it with me. Locked luggage is a good idea, but with the material that bag is made out of if someone really wanted to get in it could be cut into.

I have never thought of using any lock. It makes alot of sense. Thank you so much for sharing this great suggestion

5. clojo9372 says:

I tried posting this comment last night but WordPress refused to post it for some reason. I really dislike traveling a lot of the time. It can be very stressful especially the airport. I do like your tip about the lock. It’s important to protect your valuables any way you can! 🙂

6. This is an amazing article Darci. Some amazing tips. I will have to use this for a travel roundup. Great work.

7. Richard Hicks says:

Great tips here. I always worry about being safe when traveling

8. Edna Williams says:

These are some awesome tips! Thanks for sharing!

9. There’s some fantastic travel ideas here,I love the suitcases!

10. I always carry the important things on. Luggage can be lost.

11. Dotty J Boucher says:

These are all great tips and suggestions and I really like that master lock, I will probably get one before I take a trip to lock my personals in it.

12. These tips will come in handy. I now know about masterlock & sentry safe.

Snacks!!! That’s a required packing essential for us lol!! I swear my son snacks 24/7 when we travel!!

14. We are going on vacation this summer. This article on your tips and these locks and safes are great. It has really helped us in our planning. Thank you for sharing