What’s In Your Rug: Spring Cleaning Edition? Eeekkkk!

We’ve teamed up with our friends at Adhoot Oriental Rugs for this post!

We are actually getting ready to move from Virginia to Georgia, so I’ve been doing a “Spring Cleaning” around our house that we sold that closes at the end of the month, while packing to move. One thing that some people seem to forget about cleaning is their rugs! Just vacuuming isn’t sufficient enough, all of the time. Spring cleaning is a big job, but you’ll definitely get motivated for a dusting, decluttering and rug cleaning bonanza after reading the facts on this Ahdoot Oriental Rugs infographic. If you need some advice on keeping your rugs clean the rest of the year, check out this article on rug maintenance tips.

Also, definitely make sure you check out the 5 second rule part, it sure has changed my mind on it! Yikes!

city-rugs_infographic_(high-res)

Disclosure: Everything Mommyhood has teamed up with Adhoot Oriental Rugs for this posting. All opinions are those of our own. This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you have any questions about this event or would like to see your event hosted by Everything Mommyhood, please email EverythingMommyhood@gmail.com.

Comments

1. I hope no dead bugs! lol

2. I’m so happy that we hard wood floors. Carpets do get dirty.

3. I had no idea that rugs could hold so much! Thanks for informing me :]

4. clojo9372 says:

Rugs and carpets can get filthy. And I do mean FILTHY. Vacuuming is not enough. And forget if you have pets. I have ceramic tile floors. Sure the floor gets really cold sometimes but I do not miss rugs…

5. Edna Williams says:

OMG! I do need to clean my carpets! Thanks for sharing the information!

6. This information is just mind blowing. This is something I am sure I won’t forget with my cleaning. Thank you so much for sharing

7. We have hardwood floors in some of the rooms in our house and I just wish I could afford to get them all done, especially my bedroom as I have asthma.

8. This is giving me incentive to start my spring cleaning. The indoor air can be unhealthy. Luckily we have hard wood floors.

9. belinda bell says:

I think I better start cleaning

10. Regina Elliott says:

I’ve got hard wood floors just for the reason that carpet is awful and its not stylish

11. This was really helpful information. Me and hubby had a cleaning business so we cleaned our rugs regularly. You’re rugs and or carpets contain alot of disgusting contaminants.

12. We are about to shampoo our rugs and I just know the water will be brown. YUCK.

13. Debbie Welchert says:

Wow, thanks for the facts. I didn’t know that bacteria can live on your carpet for 4 weeks and the number of bacteria that your food can pick up in 5 seconds is amazing. Pretty interesting stuff!

14. I know our carpet is disgusting. It needs to be replaced. Thanks for the info.

15. We don’t wear our shoes in the house but still need to get a thorough cleaning done. Amazing how much dust and dirt gets in.

16. We have a rented house with lots of previous people, how disgusting.

17. Wow to Think of All the Nasty Things that Could be Living in My Carpet is Disgusting! I Have Two Cats & a Dog So I Have to Vacuum Pretty Often and When I Do it’s Disgusting! I Know There are Probably Things Deeper Down in My Carpet that the Vacuum Just Can’t Get to and it Kind of Makes Me Sick! Well Thanks for the Heads Up, Have a Blessed Day! – Jana

18. I don’t have carpeting. I made the mistake of putting in a light color wall to wall carpeting in my first house. The kids were babies then. The carpet was stained up in no time.

19. Dotty J Boucher says:

I know from winter wear my carpets do need a good shampoo , which they will get as soon as I can open my windows up, still a bit chilli here in MA.

Well now I feel like I shouldn’t be sitting on my rug lol 😛 Yuck!! Professional carpet cleaner here we come!!