This is a sponsored post on behalf of Walmart/Old El Paso. All opinions are those of our own.

Game Day is just around the corner and I recently was perusing around Walmart looking for ideas for recipes for the Big Game. I’m a huge fan of Old El Paso products, and I have used them for years. Of course using them for the normal things like tacos, quesadillas, nachos, and more, I came up with an idea to make Italian Sub Boats with the Whole Wheat Large Taco Boats. I wanted to think outside of the box for my football guests this year, and I thought it would be fun for them to put their own food together without much preparation.

Not to mention, you know these Italian Sub Boats are much healthier than greasy chicken wings, pizza, and all those other things people normally eat while they’re watching the Big Game.

Ingredients:
Variety of deli meats – I used ham, hard salami, and pepperoni
Cheese –  I used havarti
Dressing – mix together equal parts of mayonnaise and Italian dressing
Toppings – lettuce, onion, tomato, black olives, avocado

Take your Taco Boat and spread a layer of dressing in the tortilla.
Place your cheese in the bottom.
Next layer your deli meats.
Top with your toppings, lettuce, onion, tomato, black olives.
I even put a little bit of Italian dressing on the top of mine.

Enjoy!!!

Of course you can make a DIY Sub Boat station of your choice! You can place around a variety of all different kinds of deli meats, cheeses, and toppings for all of your football fans to enjoy and make the sandwich of their dreams! I love eating these in the Whole Wheat Large Taco Boats as they’re super easy to put together, eat, and without much of a mess.

Here are some other fabulous ideas:
Roast Beef with Cheddar and Creamy Horseradish Sub Boat
Cuban Sub Boat with Ham, Swiss, Dill Pickles, Mayo, and Mustard
Chicken Avocado Ranch Sub Boat with Sliced grilled chicken, Avocado’s from Mexico, and Ranch..you could even top with bacon!
BLT Sub Boat – The classic bacon, lettuce, and tomato.
The possibilities are really endless!

I think it would be super cool to have a few trays of all different kinds of deli meats, cheeses, and toppings, and then place around menu ideas that people could follow to make their own Sub Boat!

Stop by your local Walmart and pick up some Old El Paso, check these products out!

Whole Wheat Large Taco Boats
Mini Soft
Soft Tortilla
Bold Ranch Stand and Stuff Shells
Bold Spicy Cheddar Stand and Stuff
Bold Nacho Cheese Stand and Stuff

Let me know if you decide to try this for the BIG GAME in your house!!! I would love to hear of some new creative ways you thought of to use Old El Paso products!

Disclosure: Everything Mommyhood was compensated for this posting. All thoughts and opinions are of our own. This recipe is property of Everything Mommyhood. If you would like to use this on your website, you MUST give us credit with a link back to this post.
If you would like to see your product/service featured on Everything Mommyhood, please contact us at EverythingMommyhood@gmail.com

Comments

1. That looks delicious! Not a fan of olives lol but other than that….. I would totally love that!!! Thanks for the ideas. I had never seen the taco boats!

2. How easy is that?! Perfect for sports practice nights when I need quick meal ideas

3. These look so delicious! I also love the Chicken Avocado Ranch Sub Boat idea! Mmm.

4. That looks so awesome! I have tried these for tacos with the traditional fillings, but never thought about using anything else, and I didn’t know they offered this in whole wheat. Thanks for the review and for sharing!

5. Looks very tasty. Anything taco related is always a hit in our house.

6. I love build your own food ideas!

7. Love this idea. This would be great to just set out the fixings and let everyone eat at their leisure.

8. This looks quite good. On game days meats and cheese are always a hit. I think I would use a soft shell and hardshells too. I will give this a try.

9. Thank you for sharing. This looks delicious. We eat a lot of sub sandwiches.

10. Tamra Phelps says:

I really like this idea. I never thought of using the ‘boats’ to make subs. I’ll definitely try this out because we love sub sandwiches.

11. I’ve never tried these boats but they look awesome. I think they make a great sandwich!

12. I guess everybody has different tastes. It looks like it would be hard to eat.

13. Darcy Koch says:

These sound delicious as well as easy to make. Not many ingredients either.

14. This sounds right up my hubby’s alley! Thanks fr sharing a recipe that looks easy to make!

15. sheila ressel says:

This looks really good. I’ve never thought of using these for anything other than Mexican food. Will definitely have to give this a try.

16. I’m not a bread eater. The ingredients would work eaten as a salad over lettuce.

17. Phyllis Huebbe says:

I love subs so this is a good idea

18. tat2gurlzrock says:

This looks delicious! I haven’t seen the wheat taco bowls here but we like the original ones!

19. What a cute and creative item to make for dinner. This is something will make the family look forward to a meal.

20. Darla Peduzzi says:

These look so good! I wouldn’t have thought to use the taco shells. Great idea!

21. My husband is a great fan of subs. I never knew about taco boats. The next small gathering I will serve this!

This sounds like a great idea. Easy too. Thank you so much for sharing this

23. belinda bell says:

These sounds awesome. I will be making some. Yummy

24. oh wow does this look good. It has been a long time since I used to get the best subs at some of the Italian places, this would hit the spot!

25. Marti Tabora says:

This is a great idea and I love Italian subs. I’ll be making this.

26. Brandy Trover says:

I will have to try this one for the kids. There are a few things on there I can’t eat but my family would. Interesting combination of ingredients.

27. Those look very tasty! I love how easy it is!

28. Hannah C says:

This looks tasty and simple!

29. denise low says:

Thank you for sharing your recipe. We love subs. This looks delicious.

30. The Italian Sub boats look & sound yummy!

31. The sandwich sounds good. I’d put it on an Italian roll. This doesn’t look very east to eat.

32. These Italian sub boats sound amazing, will definitely have to keep these in mind for my next big game party.

33. Michelle S says:

This is a seriously great recipe for an night you might need an easy meal. When the kids are in sports, supper needs to be fast and filling and these would fit that criteria.

34. Sounds simple enough and my family loves subs, thanks

35. Margot C says:

My, you are creative. This I never, ever would have thought of!

36. Lisa Coomer Queen says:

This Italian Sub Boat looks delicious! We love subs! I have pinned for future reference. Thanks!

37. Christy Peeples DuBois says:

These sound really good and a great idea for a get together. I have also used these products for years and I’m sure I will continue to do so.

So seriously genius!! What an easy and fun way to eat subs and lower your carb intake a little 😉 Plus you don’t have to worry about all the ingredients squishing out the bottom!!

39. This looks scrumptious! I’ll definitely want to try this recipe out, thanks for posting!

40. My husband would love this.

41. Betsy Barnes says:

Great idea! My hubby and son are going to love these!

42. accontests6 says:

Awesome idea!

43. Tina Alexander says:

Love this idea! The ingredients could be endless! I have so many ideas flashing in my head,but I prefer spicy foods so I would have to prepare more than one option for my kids.

44. belinda bell says:

These subs looks so yummy. I love all of ingredients in them.

These subs look delicious. I love all of the ingredients including red onions rather than the yellow ones. I think I would use fresh spinach leaves on mine.

46. looks yummy. perfect for taco tuesday or when i dont feel like going to to taco bell. lol

47. Maddy k Lewis says:

This looks fantastic! Im gonna have to whip this up for the 4th of July, my family is gonna want seconds thats for sure!

48. Kelly Kimmell says:

Wow! This looks really terrific. I love a good sub sandwich. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

49. Karen Jaras says:

This looks super easy for everyone to make theirs as they want it. Great for an easy family dinner.

50. Cheryl Everitt says:

thank you for sharing this awesome recipe. It has become a favorite at my house.

51. Lauryn R says:

This is a unique way to use taco boats, I love it! Subs are perfect for summertime because we all want something light yet filling when it is so hot out. 🙂 Thanks for sharing!

These are so good and so easy to make. Thank you for sharing this great idea

53. Margot C says:

What could be easier. I think the guys like to construct their own stuff.

This are so good. Great idea for any get together