Spring is Here: 6 Steps to Stay Healthy During Cold and Flu Season #ShareKleenexCare

This post is written by me on behalf of Geometry Global. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Acorn Influence, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.

It’s no surprise spring is here, I don’t know about you, but I’ve been coughing and sneezing and sometimes feeling like I’m hacking up a lung. Not really, but you get the point. My allergies are currently out of control. Although, my main concern is my kids at school, I’m scared they’re going to bring home some viral infection and then it spread through our house like wildfire. Of course I talk with my kids about things they can do to try to stay as healthy as possible, and of course I try my best to follow them too. I thought I’d share them with you in case you were looking for easy ways to stay healthy this spring.

Wash Your Hands

Wash your hands and wash them often, use soap, make sure you wash your palms, tops of your hands, wrists, and of course between your fingers and and I like to scrub my finger nails in the palms of my hands. I try to wash my hands for at least 30 seconds. Make sure you rinse well and then dry.

Make sure to wash your hands after you’ve been in public, before you eat, after you eat, and my biggest one, after being at the grocery store..those grimy carts and pin pads at the registers. Ew….and if there’s some reason you can’t wash your hands right away, use antibacterial hand sanitizer until you can get somewhere to wash up.

Appropriate Sneezing and Coughing

Please for the love of all things holy. If you’re in public, sneeze or cough into your elbow. NOT on your hands where you can easily spread germs. Ugh this is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves.

Vitamins

Take vitamins daily. Not just for you, but your kids too. Eat healthy food that has vitamins in it. I’m not a doctor by any means, but I try to take vitamins with Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Potassium, and a few others. Fish Oil is another good daily vitamin as well. Vitamin C, I feel is the most important, again, not a doctor, but from things I’ve read, just my opinion.

Exercise

I know, I know….the dreaded word… exercise. Believe me, I’m a slacker in this department too, but it’s seriously so very important to keep your body and immune system healthy to ward off any bad viruses. Especially if you combine exercise with the above tips.

Eat Healthy

This really should be a given. You should know this already. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, meat, fish, poultry, eggs. Stay away from all the processed foods. Just remember the best foods are all along the perimeter of the grocery store.

Sleep

Make sure you’re getting a good amount of sleep each night. This will help make sure your immune system is in tip top shape to effectively fight off anything thrown at you. Try to get at least 7 hours of sleep each night, as it’s so important.

Those are some great tips to try to stay healthy this spring and flu season. One of my go to products to have on hand, which you can pick up at your local Wal-Mart is Kleenex anti-viral! I always have these in my cupboard, along with every room in the house and I actually have one in my vehicle. Stop the germs before they spread! Keep your family and household healthy.

Kleenex anti-viral*
Kills 99.9% of Cold & Flu Viruses

Make sure you purchase these next time you’re in Wal-Mart, you’ll be all set for cold and flu season!
Have you seen these at your local Wal-Mart?

Disclaimer: *In the tissue in 15 minutes.  Virucidal against: Rhinoviruses Type 1A and 2 (Rhinoviruses are the leading cause of the common cold); Influenza A and Influenza B (causes of the flu); Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV – the leading cause of lower respiratory infection in children).

Disclosure: Everything Mommyhood was compensated for this campaign. All thoughts and opinions are those of our own and were not influenced in anyway. If you’d like to see your product/service featured on Everything Mommyhood, please email me at EverythingMommyhood@gmail.com.

Comments

1. Flu, colds, allergies, they all suck. I make sure to use the wet wipes available at the grocery store to wipe the shopping cart handle down. Even so, when I get home I wash my hands.

2. There’s a lot of ways to prevent germ spread,it doesn’t guarantee you won’t get it,but definitely reduces the chance

3. rochelle haynes says:

Thanks for the info will use this

4. I no sooner read this than my son came down with the flu..off to the Dr. We go lol

5. monique s says:

these are such important tips. I suggest printing them out and putting them on the fridge so everyone in the family can benefit

6. Miranda Burdette says:

Great tips! Thanks!

7. Marti Tabora says:

These are all really good tips. I know I’m going to implement them. Thanks.

8. Darla Peduzzi says:

Great tips. This year has been a crazy one for us, as my little grandson started pre-school and has been sick a lot since then.

9. wash wash wash those hands and keep wiping things down. Also sneeze into your arm and try not to spread germs. If your child is sick keep them home!

10. Michelle S says:

This is so ironic today – since I’m off work because I have the flu. Not sure where I got it but it might have been at work since several people were sick lately.

11. Susan Hartman says:

I had such a rough winter Im hoping for a better spring. My 3 yr old grandson is living with us and he brings home everything from daycare. I have to be ready at the front door with the kleenex anti viral and clorox.

Flu and cold season is here. These are some great suggestions. Thank you so much for sharing

13. Great ideas that I’m sharing with my teen. She had the flu in December, before exams. Now she has strep!

14. Hannah C says:

These are great, practical tips! I’m actually just coming down from a cold!

15. I suffer from horrible allergies every spring. It’s terrible. I should own stock in Kleenex. 🙂

16. I did all these and still caught the flu through most of this month 🙁

17. Cynthia C says:

I try to avoid crowds whenever possible. I’m going to look for anti-viral Kleenex next time I go shopping.

18. I hope and pray no one gets sick with the flu or any kind of cold.

19. Kimberly Matlack says:

We have had an unusual amount of sickness within our family this year. Thank God we have all had our flu shots so it’s just colds and the stomach bug but it is always the kids bringing it home from school. I am adamant about vitamins and showing the children how to cough and sneeze properly to assure they are not spreading their germs. Very important that the children know.

20. All great tips! Exercise is always a great way to stay healthy.

21. Lisa Coomer Queen says:

These are all great tips on staying healthy. Washing your hands is so important to keep from spreading and getting germs. Thanks!

22. The maddening thing is when allergies march in and a cold takes advantage of the situation and rides in behind. Arg! Plus, I am with you on the sneezing thing. Get this, in my area conservatives (so called) refuse to do this because they think that Mrs. Obama thought it up – true story, even at the school.

23. I will have to check for the Kleenex AntiViral tissues at my local WalMart – they sound like something we should have on hand. Thanks for the heads-up!

24. Lisa Coomer Queen says:

I’m going to pick up some Kleenex AntiViral tissues. Thanks!

25. I have allergies that are really bad in the spring time when everything is in bloom. I go through many boxes of Kleenex so will be looking out for this good deal.

26. ladymagnolia99 says:

My son brought me some of these tissues and I really like them and do believe they help. Since retiring, my husband and I try to do most of these things to prevent getting a cold.

Judy Cox

27. Brandy Trover says:

We suffer with terrible allergies here. But luckily my family is not one who gets “sick” often. Knock on wood.

28. These are great tips! Being sick is NEVER fun, so we need to do all we can to reduce it!

29. These are all great tips–I actually didn’t know about the anti-viral tissues, though. That’s great! I also swear by the zinc gluconate lozenges dissolved under the tongue every 2 hrs. around the clock (if possible) for the first 24 hrs. as a cold is coming on. There are studies that say some colds can be prevented from coming on and if it does come on, it can be less severe and not last as long.

30. belinda bell says:

These are great tips. I hate getting sick

31. Thanks for sharing these great tips. I keep Kleenex Tissues handy in every room, it doesn’t hurt to be well prepared.

32. This is good information – someone just told me they’ve been sick with this for weeks, and I was wondering if there was anything to suggest – now I know!

33. Natalie says:

I truly believe exercising decreases your chances of getting sick. I exercise daily and have not gotten sick in 5 years.

34. Great Tips, my allergies are in high gear right now.

35. Get plenty of sleep and drink lots of water.

slehan at juno dot com

36. I sometimes have to just stay indoors when the pollen gets too heavy. I suffer in the spring and fall.

37. Your tips above are all great for trying to stay healthy and avoid colds and flu. I also clean all doorknobs, handles on fridge & dishwasher, telephones and computer keyboards to prevent the spread of germs.

38. Natalie says:

I try to stress the importance of washing hands regularly with my family!

YES!! I am such a hand washing stickler!! It really is such a game changer when it comes to getting rid of germies!! Sleep is often overlooked and underappreciated!! I think people forget how important sleep is in our bodies healing and health!

40. Charlene says:

Wish I had found this 2 weeks ago. I was so sick. I’m still not back to myself. You can bet I’ll be following your advice to a tee from now on. Thanks.

41. Thanks for the good advice!

42. Margot C says:

Looking a little more closely at your post I realize that I have never even seen these. Anti-viral kleenexes, brilliant!

43. Leigh Kitchens says:

As a retired teacher I am very familiar with trying to stay well in a sea of germs! So needless to say, I am a hand washing fanatic, I encouraged kids to sing a round of a simple song (ie: Happy Birthday) in their heads to time how long to wash their hands and to sneeze inside the collar of their shirts to contain the germs even better than on the elbow. Personally, I NEVER drink from a public water fountain either. Have you watched kids as they do?!? Yikes!

44. Bryan Vice says:

I will definitely heed this advice! 2 young kids in daycare and school sickness has definitely made its way around here 🙁

45. Terry Poage says:

Thanks for these great tips. As soon as someone in the house gets sick it seems to just get past around. My Grandson usually gets sick first by catching something at school then it is brought home and everybodt seems to get it.

46. Jasmine P says:

We already have a cold going around here! Oh no!

47. rhonda miotke says:

Thanks for the great tips, its always nice to get a refresher course on what to do.

48. APRIL MOORE says:

Great tips! I’m sick at the moment. It really sucks trying to take care of my family while being sick

49. Stay away from crowds.

50. Thank You for all the great tips to keep my family healthy!

51. tannawings says:

Good tips. Hand washing is a huge thing and one we practice. It is getting time to have the spring colds start… we already have a friend with bronchitis!

52. These are great tips! People worry a lot about getting sick in the winter but it’s spring that is the time I become sick, I’ll be using these tips and pass them on to my family!

53. Brittany Chadwick says:

Thanks for the tips, I’ve been sick multiple times this winter!

54. These are all helpful tips; I know I make sure to wash my hands often!

55. Yes, these are really helpful tips! It’s funny how you don’t think something as simple as washing your hands can keep you from becoming sick!

56. I think I already have a sinus infection!

57. I can honestly say that This has been the WORST year for me with allergies. This year I’m suffering inside and out. My eyes up to my forehead swell every single day, Making me miserable. I’m going back and forth from Zertec, Allegra, Claritin, and Sinus pills, and since I can’t take regular benadryl I’m taking baby benadryl twice a day.. My best bet is to stay in doors this year, even though I dont want to. I believe the rain will help me out this year by washing the pollen down some…..I do believe Im going to try to find these anti viral kleenexes, I wish I had known about these weeks ago!!!! Tissue has been my best friend for weeks now! 🙁

58. Jessica Rouse says:

My allergies get so bad this time of year. I think getting lots of sleep would probably help. Thank you for sharing this. Great tips.

59. Kayla Norris says:

Doing most of this. However I did not know about the anti viral tissues. I need to try those. Thanks.

These are some great tips. I just picked up some of this product for my allergies. I love it

61. Jay Jackson says:

Great article, thanks for the information. I will have to use some of these tips.

62. gloria patterson says:

Lots of great information here. I have COPD so I have to be very careful with colds and flu.

63. Margaret S Porter says:

Great tips! I work in a doctors office and now is the worst time. Everyone is sick!

This is important information. Somepeople don’t realize how important it is to get enough sleep.