This post was sponsored by Sunshine Sweet Corn as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.

I don’t know about y’all, but growing up in Florida I’ve always known you could get sweet corn around this time of year. Most people think that you have to wait to get farm fresh sweet corn later in the year, but that’s not the case! Florida has some of the best sweet corn all around, after all it is the Sunshine State! Head to your local store now, as Sunshine Sweet Corn is on sale now and Sunshine Sweet Corn is your best guarantee for a delicious, sweet tasting corn in April and May, so now is the time to purchase!

Sunshine Sweet Corn is available in stores now, and I made a super yummy recipe straight from their website which you can see here – Sweet Corn with BBQ Butter. This is my first time making it and I had no complaints from my kids. In fact, they both ate their ears or corn and split the third one, and I had the fourth. I highly recommend doubling the recipe, or even tripling it if you’re having a dinner party. You could also always cut the ears of corn in half to have smaller sides.

Ingredients
4 Ears of Fresh Sunshine Sweet Corn
1/4 cup of butter
1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ Sauce (I used my personal favorite, Sonny’s Sweet BBQ Sauce)
Salt and Pepper
Optional – Cilantro for garnish

1. Husk your ears of corn and clean them thoroughly.

2. In a small sauce pan melt your butter and heat with your BBQ sauce until all is melted through.
3. Heat your oven to a low broil.
4. Place your corn into a shallow baking dish and salt and pepper all sides of your corn.

5. Baste each side of your corn with the BBQ Butter mixture. Reserve just a little bit to baste a bit half way through broiling.

6. Place your dish in the oven. Broil for 5 minutes, turn, baste, turn again, broil for 5 minutes, baste, and turn again.
7. Remove from oven and transfer to a pretty serving plate and garnish with cilantro (garnishing is optional) as I believe it gives it great flavor and a beautiful look to a super easy and delicious side dish.

If you’re looking for another great recipe to make with Sunshine Sweet Corn, I highly recommend you check out our recipe for Farm Fresh Corn Salsa, it’s always a hit with everyone when I make it.

Connect with Sunshine Sweet Corn
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram

Have you ever made this recipe? What is your favorite Sunshine Sweet Corn recipe?

Disclosure: Everything Mommyhood was compensated for this posting. All thoughts and opinions are those of our own. If you’d like to see your product/service featured, please contact us at EverythingMommyhood@gmail.com

Comments

1. Julie Wood says:

This corn on the cob looks so delicious and bbq corn is a great recipe to try for Summer. I will be making this recipe!

2. Cathy French says:

I absolutely love corn on the cob but after boiling it I usually cut it off the cob and fry it in some butter in a saute pan. this recipe tho has me wanting to eat it the old fashioned way but with this seasoning/bbq

3. Love this recipe, looks awesome, back home my family shares a similar recipe, this looks delicious, I definitely need to try this one, thanks for sharing.

4. Melissa Storms says:

This sounds delicious. We love corn on the cob but I have never tried stepping it up like this.

5. Darla Peduzzi says:

This looks so good! Our family loves corn on the cob. Would definitely be good for grilling season too.

6. tat2gurlzrock says:

That looks so good! Reminds me of Candy Cane Corn I used to get when I lived in Florida. Yum!

7. Cynthia C says:

Looks like a delicious way to serve corn for summer cookouts. I must try it.

8. Bryan Vice says:

WOW!! This looks absolutely amazing! never tried adding BBQ sauce its a must try now!

9. oh wow, this corn is enough to make me want to move to Florida so I can have corn like this year round! It looks that good!

10. This looks amazing! I love having corn on the cob especially in the summer.

11. This recipe look delicious, ad will have to try it. I’ve never made corn with BBQ sauce.

This sounds so good and easy to make. We love corn on the cob and Sonny’s BBQ sauce. I will be giving this a try soon

13. rochelle haynes says:

I love corn and this looks good
    love to try this ,never herd of using bbq sauce befoer

14. Jennifer H. says:

This recipe looks great for a summer bbq.

15. Heather B says:

I cannot wait until sweet corn is here!! I have never tried it this way, usually just butter and salt, this will be different to try!

16. I love corn on the cob but have never seem it like this..It looks amazing and I will surely be trying this soon..

17. Minta Boggs says:

This actually looks really good!! I have never thought of doing anything different with my corn on the cob but I may have to try this recipe. Maybe this summer for the fourth of July! Thanks so much for sharing!

18. ncjeepster says:

This looks delicious. I never thought of putting BBQ Sauce on corn, but it sounds good now that I think about it. Thanks for sharing this would be perfect for our BBQ gatherings. Can’t wait to try it.

19. Love the BBQ sauce for corn. Perfect for Hawaii summer BBQ days

20. laura588 says:

This looks so delicious. I like making corn on the grill but I love the fact that I can make this in my oven. I never would have thought of BBQ sauce on corn but after seeing your end result, I know I have to make it!
    Laurie Emerson

21. jalapenomamamn says:

This corn looks so appetizing.
    Want to make this for our next bbq.
    Thanks for the recipe.
    Barbara Montag

THis looks like a great corn recipe and I am glad that fresh corn is in the markets right now.

23. Michele says:

I usually just use melted butter and seasoned salt on my corn on the cob. Never did I think of using a BBQ sauce or seasoning.. I must try this…

24. floridagld says:

Wow..not sure..but we southenerns love BBQ..ill have to try this unique recipe.
    Thanks
    Vickie

25. I love this idea! we grill our corn all the time but never thought of this.

26. Margot C says:

A sinple idea but I bet taht is fantastic. It would be nice with a potato salad I bet!