This is a sponsored post written on behalf of SheSpeaks for Pantene Platinum at Sam’s Club. All thoughts and opinions are those of my own and were not influenced in any way.
You might remember my post from 4/27 about my 6 week trial with Pantene, and I’ve finally completed it. (You can view my beginning post here.) I was challenged to wash and condition my color-treated hair with Pantene’s Platinum Color Lock System for six weeks straight. Then I was instructed to snap photos of my hair before and after the six week trial period, preferably in the same place with the same lighting, which we’ll get to shortly.
Obviously in those 6 weeks my hair has grown out, as I can now see my highlights need to be redone, but the color of them is just as good. The Pantene Platinum Color Lock System really works great and it smells fabulous to boot. Nothing like a little aromatherapy in the mornings right? My favorite is that they are big bottles (40oz.) of it with the pump feature. It’s easy to pump out your shampoo and conditioner in the shower without having to squeeze your bottles or wait impatiently for it to come out. As a mom to two girls, showers need to be quick, and the pump bottles that are available at Sam’s Club is a great feature and a time saver!
So back to the results of the Pantene Platinum Color Lock System 6 week challenge. It claimed to keep my hair color vibrant and the same as it was 6 weeks ago. Of course I was skeptical, who wouldn’t be? Every time I color or highlight my hair it always seems to fade, and fast. I do know Pantene products never let me down though, so the fact that it was Pantene was obviously reassuring.
Also, my hair doesn’t hold the pigmentation of dyes very well, so I definitely expected to see SOME color change. It’s just the way my hair is.
Now I know what you’re thinking, look at the difference, BUT what is actually different is the color isn’t so ashy! THIS is great, and that’s what usually leaves my hair after coloring. The lighting is a bit different too, since the original pic was taken outside, but it’s been raining ALL week, so I couldn’t get a pic outside. The difference is really the ashiness (I don’t think that’s a word), so it doesn’t have that “grey” tone to it. Other than that, the color has stayed the complete same. (You can tell the difference of the color difference as my eyes are green, and you can’t really see that too much in the first pic.)
I will definitely say I’m very impressed with the product and will continue using it after my next coloring session too. I highly recommend trying it out yourself!
Here’s a little more about the product:
- Pantene Platinum Color Lock is a new shampoo and conditioner system available at Sam’s Club.
- It helps you lock in your look longer, giving you salon-quality color protection.
- With Nutri-Lock technology, this system works from the hair’s core to help provide color protection for up to six weeks (shampoo and conditioner system vs. non-conditioning shampoo).
- Together, this shampoo and conditioner help fight color fade as well as the $40 leading professional brands, based on Kline sales data.
- Color-treating hair leaves it weak and prone to damage, but the antioxidants in this system work from the hair’s core to help protect against fade-causing damage and protect color, all while providing a soft, radiant shine.
- Platinum Color Lock shampoo and conditioner may be used every day.
- At Sam’s Club, each product is available in a 40 fl. oz. pump bottle.
Stop by your local Sam’s Club and pick up the huge 40 oz pump dispenser bottles next time you’re out!
Connect with Pantene and Sam’s Club
- Website: here
- Pantene on Twitter: @Pantene
- Pantene on Facebook: facebook.com/PanteneNA
- Sam’s Club on Twitter: @SamsClub
- Sam’s Club on Facebook: facebook.com/samsclub
Disclosure: Everything Mommyhood received the products mentioned above as well as monetary compensation for our time. All opinions are those of our own and were not influenced in any way. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google, and any other social media are not affiliated with this posting or giveaway. This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you have any questions about this event or would like to see your event hosted by Everything Mommyhood, please email EverythingMommyhood@gmail.com.