This post was sponsored by Sunshine Sweet Corn as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I don’t know about y’all, but growing up in Florida I’ve always known you could get sweet corn around this time of year. Most people think that you have to wait to get farm fresh sweet corn later in the year, but that’s not the case! Florida has some of the best sweet corn all around, after all it is the Sunshine State! Head to your local store now, as Sunshine Sweet Corn is on sale now and Sunshine Sweet Corn is your best guarantee for a delicious, sweet tasting corn in April and May, so now is the time to purchase!
Sunshine Sweet Corn is available in stores now, and I made a super yummy recipe straight from their website which you can see here – Sweet Corn with BBQ Butter. This is my first time making it and I had no complaints from my kids. In fact, they both ate their ears or corn and split the third one, and I had the fourth. I highly recommend doubling the recipe, or even tripling it if you’re having a dinner party. You could also always cut the ears of corn in half to have smaller sides.
4 Ears of Fresh Sunshine Sweet Corn
1/4 cup of butter
1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ Sauce (I used my personal favorite, Sonny’s Sweet BBQ Sauce)
Salt and Pepper
Optional – Cilantro for garnish
1. Husk your ears of corn and clean them thoroughly.
2. In a small sauce pan melt your butter and heat with your BBQ sauce until all is melted through.
3. Heat your oven to a low broil.
4. Place your corn into a shallow baking dish and salt and pepper all sides of your corn.
5. Baste each side of your corn with the BBQ Butter mixture. Reserve just a little bit to baste a bit half way through broiling.
6. Place your dish in the oven. Broil for 5 minutes, turn, baste, turn again, broil for 5 minutes, baste, and turn again.
7. Remove from oven and transfer to a pretty serving plate and garnish with cilantro (garnishing is optional) as I believe it gives it great flavor and a beautiful look to a super easy and delicious side dish.
If you’re looking for another great recipe to make with Sunshine Sweet Corn, I highly recommend you check out our recipe for Farm Fresh Corn Salsa, it’s always a hit with everyone when I make it.
Have you ever made this recipe? What is your favorite Sunshine Sweet Corn recipe?
Disclosure: Everything Mommyhood was compensated for this posting. All thoughts and opinions are those of our own. If you’d like to see your product/service featured, please contact us at EverythingMommyhood@gmail.com