This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Fellowes . All opinions are 100% mine.
All of us know it’s a rough time of year during Winter. We are directly in the middle of cold and flu season, right now. My 5 year old goes to preschool and brings home the germs, as well as my husband from his office. Then we all pass it around to one another. It’s always a fun cycle. I do have a few tips to help keep the germs away!
1. ALWAYS wash your hands.
2. Keep your hands away from your face.
3. If you have to cough or sneeze, do so into your elbow, NOT your hands.
4. Use disenfectant at home on your counters, doorknobs, in the bathrooms etc.
5. Make a rule where no one can visit your home if they’re sick or have had a fever in the last 24 hours.
6. Have a diffuser in your home with essential oils. We use Thieves and Purification in our home.
7. Have an air purifier in your home such as the new Fellowes AeraMax DX-55.
Cleaning your hands and disinfecting surfaces may not be enough to protect your home this cold and flu season, that’s why it’s SO important to have an air purifier in your home. The Fellowes AeraMax™ DX-55 helps clean the air, which features state-of-the-art, ultra-quiet technology that automatically monitors air and adjusts its settings to offer invisible protection for the air you breathe during cold and flu season. We will be receiving one of these units soon, and I can’t wait to use it to purify our air.
According to the Fellowes 2014 Cold and Flu Report, half (46%) of Americans are somewhat or very concerned about getting sick during cold and season. And while 60 percent of survey respondents encourage frequent hand washing with soap and water and nearly half (40%) frequently clean surfaces in the home using a disinfectant, a 4-step process is truly necessary to reducing cold and flu season risk in the home:
1. Ask about a flu shot
2. Wash and sanitize hands regularly
3. Wipe down surfaces with powerful disinfectants
4. Purify the air indoors
The Fellowes AeraMax™ DX-55 has a lot of great features. It effectively purifies air in medium rooms up to 195 square feet and it’s extremely effective at capturing influenza virus from indoor air (based on independent testing). I’m really excited about that, especially with a 2 year old and a 5 year old, as well as my husband who works outside the home, and myself, a full time blogger, we don’t have time to be sick.
I recommend checking out the Fellowes AeraMax™ DX-55. It’s available for purchase at Best Buy for $189.99.