I’m passionate about anything that has to do with babies and children as I’m sure you can see from my blog, so I thought I’d let my readers know about this wonderful opportunity to help a great non-profit organization!!
The National Center on Shaken Baby Syndrome (NCSBS) will be collecting purple infant hats for CLICK for Babies 2013 through October in an effort to generate awareness of and decrease infant abuse. Knitted or crocheted caps will be given to newborn boys and girls in hospitals throughout November and December to help educate parents about the Period of PURPLE Crying, a normal, but frustrating period of increased crying all infants experience in the first few weeks and months after birth. This is so important to spread awareness about!
(Image used with permission from NCSBS)
Now I’m sure you’re wondering how you can help!
- KNIT or CROCHET infant caps using any newborn baby cap pattern. Caps should be made using any shade of soft, baby-friendly purple yarn, be at least 50% purple in color, and free of straps, strings or other potential choking and strangling hazards. For baby boys, please remember to include blues, browns, grays and other “boy friendly” colors in your cap designs.
- Organize and host a “KNIT IN” or “CROCHET PARTY” …which really is just our fancy way of saying get a group together and make some hats. These make for fantastic service projects in an array of settings: school, club, community, church, family, Scouts, etc.
- POST FLYERS around your school, neighborhood, work, community, church, gym, etc. To receive flyers please contact the NCSBS.
- SHARE this information! Know someone who knits or crochets? Know someone in a position to organize a service project? Give them a CALL or send them an EMAIL.
- Help us spread the word through SOCIAL MEDIA. The campaign not only involves making hats, but also educating others through word of mouth and active discussions on social media: PIN, SHARE, TWEET, and YOUTUBE (see http://clickforbabies.org/
- Post this information, photos of hat making, and/or put our contact/button on your BLOG or WEBSITE.
- Have another idea? Please share it with us and I will pass it along to the organization!
Please drop off or send hat donations to the NCSBS at 1433 N 1075 W Suite 110, Farmington, UT, 84025 or see our website (www.clickforbabies.org) for donation sites closest to you.
For further information and your closest donation site see www.clickforbabies.org.
If you have ANY questions please let me know!