This post brought to you by Walmart. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Everything Mommyhood.
(This is a post is written by my blogging friend Michelle, who just had twins! I thought that would be a little more exciting and a different perspective for my readers!)
Back in October, I delivered twins at 32 weeks gestation, they were in the NICU for a little over 9 weeks. Since I was on bed rest my entire pregnancy and my babies were so early, I didn’t have a chance to head to the stores and set up a baby registry. Fortunately, these days, you don’t have to get up, get dressed and walk around stores for 3.5 hours each to set up a registry. Heading to the stores and checking out all the adorable things while filling up a baby registry was one of my favorite parts of registering for my first.
With bed rest and just being overall busy, there’s no way I would have been able to make it to any stores to get registries done. One thing we made sure to do before the twins were born was head to Walmart.com, set up a baby registry, and register for some of the big necessities.You definitely want to make sure you use the checklists available when you set up your baby registries.
It’s so super easy to set up a registry too!
(Make sure you add Pampers® Swaddlers and Pampers® Wipes, as these are MUST haves!)
Whenever I find out one of my friends is an expecting mama, I always want to make sure I share the best stores about my little ones, as well as tips and tricks to help them feel a little less nervous once their little one arrives. Walmart.com has a great page for new mom tips, including safety tips, basic information like changing diapers, soothing tips, and even tips about development and play. Make sure to check out Pampers Baby Basics for Any Mom on Walmart.com’s Parent & Baby Center
There are a million things you’ll register for and not ever end up using, like those baby bathtubs. Here’s a list of my top six items every expecting and new mom needs to add to their baby registry and oftentimes forgets to add!
- Diapers, such as Pampers® Swaddlers. Register for ALL sizes! Our babies have only used Pampers®, since the moment they were born. They’re the #1 brand used in hospitals. (*based on hospital sales data)
Definitely make sure to get the Pampers Swaddlers Super Pack
- Plain white t-shirts or onesies, these are great for pictures, trust me! Cute little ones are great, but a solid colored t-shirt is just a timeless classic.
- Teeny Washcloths. You will use these for everything!
- Diaper ointment. You WILL need this. Everyone has their personal favorite, pick a few and find yours.
- Bath Wash, Shampoo, and Lotions. Register for the brand you want, so you don’t receive a million different kinds at your baby shower.
- Cloth Diaper “Pre-Folds”. They’re great for wiping up spit-up since they are super absorbent, as well as using to help make a little positioner for your little one.
Check out my little ones who love their Pampers® Swaddlers!
So what are your biggest new mom tips? What items are “must have” registry items? What are the items you received or bought that you never used?